2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 07:46 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by holderca1@December 15, 2004, 4:14 PM

If they are both shutting down over the same 2 week period, then there won't be any additional delay other than the fact they are delayed two weeks because of Ford shutting down.
Both plants might shut down for 2 weeks but orders will still be put in, pushing them farther behind
Old 12/15/04, 07:50 PM

anyway I was going to order my car in late january, so I won't be ordering until IUP is availiable again if this is all true.
Old 12/15/04, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rex+December 15, 2004, 8:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rex @ December 15, 2004, 8:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-glevy@December 15, 2004, 6:53 PM
I'll be swapping out the leather steering wheel and gearshift for the base ones so I'd prefer being able to drop all of the IUP.
why's that??? :scratch: [/b][/quote]
Sorry for going off topic, but I figured I should answer this question since it must seem a bit strange. I'm against killing anything unless it's attacking me, so I don't like leather or any other animal products.

So once I get mine I'll be posting to find somebody who wants to swap for the urethane stuff (or whatever the base package stuff is made of). I figure most people would like that trade.
Old 12/15/04, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 15, 2004, 4:17 PM

And for the record, I'm miffed for all the people who haven't been pulled yet, mine is on a railcar headed my way, nevertheless, this looks like some real poor decision making by Ford.
Agreed - shame on Ford for screwing up again.

Please help! How does one find out the build date for their car? I ordered a V6 premium with manual and IUP.

My dealer only says it'll be done the end of January.

I have a DORA dated 11/24/04, priority 30 - is there anyone that can help me get a build date from the info on the DORA?

I am so enamored with the IUP, with or without MyColor, that I will seriously consider cancelling my order altogether if I can't get it. I'll go back to my original intent of getting a '67 Fastback.
Old 12/15/04, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This whole IUP business is so flat out ridiculous! Whoever is the cause for this foul needs to come lick the bottom of my shoes after I walk thru a field of cowpies!!! First I find out my dealer has been putting orders without material holds in front of mine instead of letting my order be pulled and and put on hold by Ford(probably would have my car by now). Now I read this stop action on the IUP. I am sooo fed up right now!!!!
Old 12/15/04, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by glevy+December 15, 2004, 10:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glevy @ December 15, 2004, 10:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rex@December 15, 2004, 8:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-glevy
@December 15, 2004, 6:53 PM
I'll be swapping out the leather steering wheel and gearshift for the base ones so I'd prefer being able to drop all of the IUP.

why's that??? :scratch:
Sorry for going off topic, but I figured I should answer this question since it must seem a bit strange. I'm against killing anything unless it's attacking me, so I don't like leather or any other animal products.

So once I get mine I'll be posting to find somebody who wants to swap for the urethane stuff (or whatever the base package stuff is made of). I figure most people would like that trade. [/b][/quote]
You don't wear shoes?
Old 12/15/04, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by r22tech@December 15, 2004, 2:17 PM
Ouch!!! My IUP equiped GT is turning into a collectible! That fricken stinks for people who want it but can't get it. Looks like the aftermarket IUP version will be a hot seller now. Too bad they don't offer stock
How you figure that?

This will all be sorted out and IUP + MyColor will be available again by next Spring if not sooner. Unless there's an injunction, Ford won't stop offering MyColor...they're not bound to. Supplier issues are the only thing that threaten us in the short term.
Old 12/15/04, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Unfortunately, my car is still "clean and unscheduled", so I'm going to play the waiting game and see what happens. MyColor would be nice, but it's really everything else with the IUP that I want. Even if MyColor were to go away, (which I don't believe will happen) there is no reason for Ford to do away with the rest of the IUP. I think there is a problem in the supply line somewhere. The waiting and uncertainty stink, but hang in there everyone.....these cars are worth the wait
Old 12/15/04, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not to sound like a homer here, but I don't think that we should be dumping on Ford quite as much as we are...It's my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Delphi is the company that is producing the MyColor gauges and they are selling the product to Ford. It's really an issue with Delphi not following up with the guy that invented the product....or Ford not saying to Delphi...."Hey, some guy already came to us with this, you better check the patents pending". But again, they may have done this and Delphi didn't follow up. Who really knows, but the principles involved.

I understand everyone's frustration, but it looks like what Ford is doing is expecting an injunction sometime soon and is trying to keep customer dissatisfaction minimized on future orders. In the long term, it's a smart thing to do. Short term, it bites...but, for the most part, the people that Ford is dealing with now are mostly Mustang fans and I bet they are thinking that we'll always be there and we'll tolerate this a little more.

What I don't understand, like someone else mentioned, is why they aren't just cutting out the MyColor option out of the IUP until this gets settled. Seems odd that there may be a MyColor legal issue and the aluminum finish is suffering for it, doesn't it?

Unless there was some type of ordering snafu on those parts, but from what I've read here, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 12/15/04, 09:23 PM

Ok so apparently I just got back from Mars too, whats the message center in the IUP?
sorry if this is posted somewhere else.
Old 12/15/04, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@December 15, 2004, 8:53 PM
anyway I was going to order my car in late january, so I won't be ordering until IUP is availiable again if this is all true.
Same here. This stinks! :notnice:
Old 12/15/04, 09:31 PM

The message center is described by some guys here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=message+center

And regarding shoes (not brake shoes), you'd be surprised how much stuff is synthetic. Tons of brand name quality sneakers are synthetic, but dress shoes don't look so good (good thing I don't have to dress up often).
Old 12/15/04, 09:36 PM

I'll ask again - any suggestions on figuring out a build date from a DORA?

Don't direct me to my dealer - he's no help.

I've checked the FAQs and done a 90 day search - no answers.

Any suggestions?
Old 12/15/04, 09:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 67fastback@December 15, 2004, 10:39 PM
I'll ask again - any suggestions on figuring out a build date from a DORA?

Don't direct me to my dealer - he's no help.

I've checked the FAQs and done a 90 day search - no answers.

Any suggestions?
You can't. A DORA is nothing more than a receipt from Ford that your car was ordered. If your order has been pulled your dealer can give you a build date, if it hasn't been pulled nobody can.
Old 12/15/04, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@December 15, 2004, 9:53 PM
Dustin, just curious, I'm located in Nashua also, what color and equipment are you planning on ordering; I'm also planning on ordering towards the end of January...leaning towards Redfire or black ...ps- I think I filmed you down in Foxboro at the 40th anniv. tour.
Old 12/15/04, 09:45 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by 67fastback+December 15, 2004, 9:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (67fastback @ December 15, 2004, 9:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SixtySix@December 15, 2004, 4:17 PM

And for the record, I'm miffed for all the people who haven't been pulled yet, mine is on a railcar headed my way, nevertheless, this looks like some real poor decision making by Ford.
Agreed - shame on Ford for screwing up again.

Please help! How does one find out the build date for their car? I ordered a V6 premium with manual and IUP.

My dealer only says it'll be done the end of January.

I have a DORA dated 11/24/04, priority 30 - is there anyone that can help me get a build date from the info on the DORA?

I am so enamored with the IUP, with or without MyColor, that I will seriously consider cancelling my order altogether if I can't get it. I'll go back to my original intent of getting a '67 Fastback. [/b][/quote]
You can't get a build date from the DORA. First, the dealer submits your order. Then Ford accepts that order and it goes in the dealer's order bank and waits to be pulled. Once it is pulled by Ford (always on Thursday nights, I think) it will get a VIN. THEN it gets a build WEEK, then a build date.
Each of these steps happens seperately and each one can be done in a day or weeks in between in each one.
Old 12/15/04, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

This is all rediculous. The one major feature advertised that no other car has is the one feature they can't offer after the car has been released. I happen to want that feature, so if they are not even going to be building any until the beginning of February at the earliest, there will no doubt be a massive backlog of orders with IUP. I want to be able to buy one off the lot with IUP, so waiting for that to happen would be April-May at the earliest. I might as well wait for the 06' four months later in September and get the 18" rims. But Ford will probably screw up the availability on the 18" rims on the 06' as well and I'll probably have to wait until Spring of 2006 to eventually get the car I want.
Old 12/15/04, 10:12 PM

anybody know what the cut off build date was? What was the date that Ford had to start making your car in order for it to get the IUP. I've (supposedly) got a black GT, IUP, Red Leather, aluminum rims on the WAAAY!

Jim.
Old 12/15/04, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by NolanzDad+December 15, 2004, 11:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NolanzDad @ December 15, 2004, 11:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4@December 15, 2004, 9:53 PM
Dustin, just curious, I'm located in Nashua also, what color and equipment are you planning on ordering; I'm also planning on ordering towards the end of January...leaning towards Redfire or black ...ps- I think I filmed you down in Foxboro at the 40th anniv. tour. [/b][/quote]
Sweet! I remember talking to you, no idea you were from Nashua too. Actually I'll be ordering the same car as the Foxboro one but no side air bags.

Premium GT
Redfire
Red interior
no Shaker 1000
17" wheels
IUP
Active antitheft

We should seriously get together since we're ordering at the same time and see if we can get a deal from Best Ford (closer for service). I'm a big fan of Autofair, never bought from Best. I'm pretty sure we could get invoice pricing if the 2 of us walk in the dealership. Exactly one month from today I'll be emailing every dealer in the area for prices (best way to get deals). If you're really serious about it tell me your options and I will quote 2 cars in the email and we should be golden. I want an early April delivery, I'm assuming you want the same. I will hold out for IUP though for as long as it takes.

Have you test driven yet? I've purposefully stayed away from the dealers since I know it will drive me crazy.
Old 12/15/04, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Been a long day and I thought I would check the forum before turning in. Before I state anything else, I must admit I have NO IDEA what is really going on with the IUP issue but. ...Out of the blue today, I got a call from my dealer basically saying they have no idea when my order will get here and if I want to - I can get my deposit back. Until reading this, I thought maybe it was something connected with the price increase which I had read about. Plant shutdowns are a given fact, Ford knew when Delphi was shutting down for months. Maybe, due to shortages, they hoped Delphi might work thru but I doubt it. Something major has happened. Releasing the hold on IUP's for V6's and then shuting down all IUP's for the month of January, IMO confirms this. Grasping at straws, I guess you can infer that since IUP's mean MY Color, then Ford wants to minimize their potential liability pending the injunction...but Delphi is the manufacturer, not Ford.

I must admit, I don't have a clue. I have not lost my belief that the 05 GT is one heck of a car and worth the wait. I also must admit that Ford, even before this MY Color issue, has underestimated the demand based on IUP, spoiler and axle(?) shortages. Again IMO, it was almost like they were totally unprepared by the success of the 05 rollout

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled