2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/04, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they do decide to stop making it all together... is there a way to have something identical installed as an aftermarket part? I really like the changing colors!
Old 12/16/04, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I surfed over to Blue Oval News just to see if they had anything about this (I don't normally go to BON since they're the National Enquirer of the automotive press but I was curious). They had nothing on their site other than a reference back to TMS in their Mustang forum. Normally, BON is all over stuff like this. I find that very strange.
Old 12/16/04, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TomServo92@December 16, 2004, 9:38 AM
I surfed over to Blue Oval News just to see if they had anything about this (I don't normally go to BON since they're the National Enquirer of the automotive press but I was curious). They had nothing on their site other than a reference back to TMS in their Mustang forum. Normally, BON is all over stuff like this. I find that very strange.
none of the dealers in idaho know anything about it either.
Old 12/16/04, 08:41 AM
Blu

Hey everybody...Calm Down! The IUP nearly didn't make the program b/c program people didn't believe that customers would pay that much for a 'Stang. But some design/marketing guys pushed for it by taking it out of the main program and letting the customer pay for it as a stand alone option. They guestimated that it would be a 20% take rate. That's turned out to be 80%. The 05 is selling at a higher price than prev models and taking owners from new areas (BMW, Audi, etc). So all this is pleasently surprising to Ford. Their working on it but it takes time to get raw material and ramp up production (especially if it's 4x what was projected). Remember, Delphi has their supplier's too. Be patient and don't get the mob mentality and flame Ford. They will get it right.
Old 12/16/04, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

Hi Guys,

This is my first post.

FWIW, I just recieved news from the Sales Manager. He said that my car should be here the week of Jan 10th. I ordered a GT with the IUP and its finally being built. Would have liked to have had it by Christmas to show off to the rest of the family B) ,but what can you do.

Not sure if this supposed IUP delay is only for new orders or cars being built now.
Old 12/16/04, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm a little confused also. Blue Oval News last stataed that they were now accepting orders for the 18G on all GT orders as of 12/09/2004. I thought there was also a closed circuit broadcast beginning of last week where Ford was supposed to soon double the IUP availability by early January.

Something had to have drastically changed and I'm not sure it's this patent thing or someone was mistaken on this e-mail.
Old 12/16/04, 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by kerafaith@December 16, 2004, 12:37 AM
karpro ~ I have a stat update from "clean, unscheduled" to "submitted to the plant". I am not so sure about a vin & build date yet. I won't find that out till Friday. But my question is being updated to "submitted to the plant", isn't the next step to recieve a build date? And if I have not recieved a build date, will this hold still affect me? And if so, how?

Thanks.
I'm not positive, but the way I read it if you don't currently have a build date, you're not getting one. I honestly hope I'm wrong for your sake as well as everyone else waiting (not to mention my own personal sanity trying to deal with my customers that are waiting).
Old 12/16/04, 09:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by whtmule@December 16, 2004, 12:47 AM
So if I ordered a GT without IUP maybe I will get scheduled??
Very good chance you may be moving to the front of the line. They have to build something.
Old 12/16/04, 09:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by KenW@December 16, 2004, 10:45 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post.

FWIW, I just recieved news from the Sales Manager. He said that my car should be here the week of Jan 10th. I ordered a GT with the IUP and its finally being built. Would have liked to have had it by Christmas to show off to the rest of the family B) ,but what can you do.

Not sure if this supposed IUP delay is only for new orders or cars being built now.
Awesome news there mate. My car is being built as I type Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they schedule these things about a month out? My car was locked in for production on 11/18.
Old 12/16/04, 09:44 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Blu@December 16, 2004, 9:44 AM
Hey everybody...Calm Down! The IUP nearly didn't make the program b/c program people didn't believe that customers would pay that much for a 'Stang. But some design/marketing guys pushed for it by taking it out of the main program and letting the customer pay for it as a stand alone option. They guestimated that it would be a 20% take rate. That's turned out to be 80%. The 05 is selling at a higher price than prev models and taking owners from new areas (BMW, Audi, etc). So all this is pleasently surprising to Ford. Their working on it but it takes time to get raw material and ramp up production (especially if it's 4x what was projected). Remember, Delphi has their supplier's too. Be patient and don't get the mob mentality and flame Ford. They will get it right.
Like I said before, the ONLY reason there are so many orders for MyColor is it was included with other features that people want.
Make it an option by itself and that number really will be 20%.
Do some research, Ford. Don't just assume.
Old 12/16/04, 09:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Ranger@December 16, 2004, 7:01 AM
Maybe they are going to take January to revamp the 18G package to include everything but MY Color.

WOW....wouldn't that be a shocker. That would mean only the cars that were built in '04 would have MyColor......
Old 12/16/04, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Ijust called the ford custmer service again, and they didn't kow about any IUP situation, but they also told me that my car did not have build date and would be at the dealership by Jan 17th. Now they said I don't even have chance of being scheduled until the week of Jan. 24th. The girl I spoke with said that the previous girls I spoke with must have entered my VIN wrong. But I got the same info twice from 2 different reps on 2 different occassions. I can't believe that 2 different people entered my VIN wrong and got the same turn out date. What's even stranger is that I didn't have a build date when they told me it would be here the17th. This is ridiculous! I called my sales pereson and left him a voicemail and e-mailed the sales manager last night about this. For some reason they don't see it as important to contact me about this even after I told them I ws very concerned. I'm going up there after work if they don't call me with something. Some of you might think that I am over reacting but this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. There have been other "miscommunications" with them already. I just want my car and not in 6 months or when the Ford Lawyers pull thier heads out of their This whole car release has been stupid. Ford tried to create some kind of mystique around this car's release and all they created was a big mess.
Old 12/16/04, 10:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by hauss1@December 16, 2004, 8:56 AM
This whole car release has been stupid. Ford tried to create some kind of mystique around this car's release and all they created was a big mess.
Ryan....I feel for 'ya man, but Ford hit a homerun with the car, and it's probably the unforseen legal issues that are the problem now. The car as a car is Perfect, and this is why people are even more and more frustrated over not getting theirs in a reasonable amount of time.....and possibly will have to make sacrifices to their order pkg. to do so. Hopefully more light is shed on the issues at hand sometime shortly after the holiday break (or before).
Old 12/16/04, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess this gives me more time to gather a higher down playment :bang:
Old 12/16/04, 11:31 AM
mav
GT Member

Does anyone have any FACTUAL information that could shed some light onto this situation? Is the lawsuit really preventing the building of cars ordered with IUP's? Or is this due to a parts shortage?

No assumptions, just facts...
Old 12/16/04, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

My brother just ordered a black GT with the IUP and red interior the first of this month. There are some GTs here on lots that have them. Should I suggest he go buy one of those? It might not be the color he wants but at least he will have the IUP pakage with my color. Thats our favorite part of the 05. He doesn't want to miss out on the my color option. They have a lime green one and a silver on with all the options he wants.
Old 12/16/04, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mav@December 16, 2004, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have any FACTUAL information that could shed some light onto this situation? Is the lawsuit really preventing the building of cars ordered with IUP's? Or is this due to a parts shortage?

No assumptions, just facts...
Since we're on page 7 of this topic in 2 days (and there have been more than 3000 views by this writing), my guess is no.

But hopefully soon...

Good luck to all you guys with Stangs on order.
Old 12/16/04, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by onetorquedhorse@December 15, 2004, 4:19 PM
It would be nice if Ford could get their act together. I ordered my GT with IUP on 12/4 and it seems with all of these delays that it won't be here until April. The 8-12 week wait is bad enough already. If this issue is really about the patent why can't Ford just pay a few dollars of royalties. After all, what is $1 million from the pocket of a multi-billion dollar company. No IUP's for the entire month of January :notnice:
Ford can't afford to pay up on every trivial lawsuit filed against them. If they did, there would be a line at the front door, down the street, and around the corner...
GT Member

Originally posted by Karpro+December 15, 2004, 5:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ December 15, 2004, 5:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-manystangs@December 15, 2004, 5:12 PM
Thank for keeping us informed. I just got the call that my 10/19 order would not be built untill Feb. due to IUP. I am "extremely upset." Not sure if I should jump ship.
Michael
Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere to jump. There isn't any other car on the market with the MyColor feature. If you are willing to buy another car without the MyColor, you might as well just get the IUP lite. At least that way you'll still own a Mustang as opposed to something else.[/b][/quote]
It's not just IUP or MyColor. I can count all the affordable RWD V8 coupes currently available in North America on one finger. B)
GT Member

Originally posted by NolanzDad@December 15, 2004, 6:29 PM
pardon me, I just got back from Mars....what lawsuit are you referring to ?
How was the weather? Did you find water, or is it just a big pile of rocks like they say? B)

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled