2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am really confused now about all of this also. I don't want to wait til April or May either when the 06's will be out in Sept. I don't know what to do, I just wish there was one on a lot that I could go get and be done with this whole ordering thing. :-(
Old 12/15/04, 10:44 PM

thanks for the clarification on getting a build date - I guess I'll just keep bugging my dealer.

this is very discouraging news from Ford - seems unprecedented in the auto industry
Old 12/15/04, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

due to this new IUP hold, if a car was ordered this month without IUP, how long do yall think it would take for delivery, since most of the cars on order are now on hold?
Old 12/15/04, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangNut+December 15, 2004, 8:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (StangNut @ December 15, 2004, 8:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 67fastback@December 15, 2004, 9:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SixtySix
@December 15, 2004, 4:17 PM

And for the record, I'm miffed for all the people who haven't been pulled yet, mine is on a railcar headed my way, nevertheless, this looks like some real poor decision making by Ford.

Agreed - shame on Ford for screwing up again.

Please help! How does one find out the build date for their car? I ordered a V6 premium with manual and IUP.

My dealer only says it'll be done the end of January.

I have a DORA dated 11/24/04, priority 30 - is there anyone that can help me get a build date from the info on the DORA?

I am so enamored with the IUP, with or without MyColor, that I will seriously consider cancelling my order altogether if I can't get it. I'll go back to my original intent of getting a '67 Fastback.
You can't get a build date from the DORA. First, the dealer submits your order. Then Ford accepts that order and it goes in the dealer's order bank and waits to be pulled. Once it is pulled by Ford (always on Thursday nights, I think) it will get a VIN. THEN it gets a build WEEK, then a build date.
Each of these steps happens seperately and each one can be done in a day or weeks in between in each one. [/b][/quote]
Well I have my build date (week) of 1/10/05 (I hope this means I'm all clear!) but I still don't have a VIN? Is the dealer holding information from me?
Old 12/15/04, 11:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kintaro+December 16, 2004, 12:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kintaro @ December 16, 2004, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by StangNut@December 15, 2004, 8:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SixtySix

And for the record, I'm miffed for all the people who haven't been pulled yet, mine is on a railcar headed my way, nevertheless, this looks like some real poor decision making by Ford.

Please help! How does one find out the build date for their car? I ordered a V6 premium with manual and IUP.

I have a DORA dated 11/24/04, priority 30 - is there anyone that can help me get a build date from the info on the DORA?

I am so enamored with the IUP, with or without MyColor, that I will seriously consider cancelling my order altogether if I can't get it. I'll go back to my original intent of getting a '67 Fastback.

You can't get a build date from the DORA. First, the dealer submits your order. Then Ford accepts that order and it goes in the dealer's order bank and waits to be pulled. Once it is pulled by Ford (always on Thursday nights, I think) it will get a VIN. THEN it gets a build WEEK, then a build date.
Each of these steps happens seperately and each one can be done in a day or weeks in between in each one.
Well I have my build date (week) of 1/10/05 (I hope this means I'm all clear!) but I still don't have a VIN? Is the dealer holding information from me? [/b][/quote]
If he has a build date, then he has a VIN. Ask him for it.
Old 12/15/04, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tekman13+December 15, 2004, 10:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tekman13 @ December 15, 2004, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kintaro@December 16, 2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by StangNut@December 15, 2004, 8:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SixtySix

Each of these steps happens seperately and each one can be done in a day or weeks in between in each one.

Well I have my build date (week) of 1/10/05 (I hope this means I'm all clear!) but I still don't have a VIN? Is the dealer holding information from me?
If he has a build date, then he has a VIN. Ask him for it. [/b][/quote]
Ok good to hear, I'll ask them again.
Old 12/15/04, 11:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Robert@December 15, 2004, 7:49 PM

This will all be sorted out and IUP + MyColor will be available again by next Spring if not sooner. Unless there's an injunction, Ford won't stop offering MyColor...they're not bound to. Supplier issues are the only thing that threaten us in the short term.
Pure speculation... Obviously something major has happened, and it is not parts shortage IMO. I am so glad that I grabbed the Torch Red (loaded) when I did.....
Old 12/15/04, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

karpro ~ I have a stat update from "clean, unscheduled" to "submitted to the plant". I am not so sure about a vin & build date yet. I won't find that out till Friday. But my question is being updated to "submitted to the plant", isn't the next step to recieve a build date? And if I have not recieved a build date, will this hold still affect me? And if so, how?

Thanks.
Old 12/15/04, 11:44 PM
V6 Member

So if I ordered a GT without IUP maybe I will get scheduled??
Old 12/16/04, 01:31 AM
V6 Member

Not trying to pile on Frod but I am one of the people who was looking forward to my color. I'm a semi tech geek & the thought of a bunch of color changing LEDs in the dash excited me. (I have a fancy LED light in my hottub that does the same thing & that STILL amuses me like a cat w/ a string). I stopped by my local FORD dealer to sit in one for the 1st time (an inspiring experience after a year of waiting) & played w/ the mycolor. Honestly, I was impressed. The colors really do stand out & they aren't bright in the center & faded on the outside of the dials like I thought they might be.

Ford even went so far as to release the MyColor panel as its main teaser screensaver, it was on my computer for months. Memo to FORD, you've got the buzz, now the demand, you NEED to deliver. I've been waiting patiently to order my GT Vert w/ every moneymaking option you can cram into it (save the AUTO, I gotta shift baby), now let me buy it. Please.
Old 12/16/04, 01:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I cant figure out what the big hold up is about the friggin IUP. 40 years later and they arent even close to the ability to spit out mustangs like they did in 64-66. And they were LOADED with tin pieces. What is there a shortage of LED's and plastic??? Every friggin toy on the planet earth these days has the same components that make up a MyColor cluster. Cripes. I still dont know how they plan on busting 100k total 05 units at this pace. You would think they are making them out of tomatoes
Old 12/16/04, 01:56 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by whtmule@December 15, 2004, 10:47 PM
So if I ordered a GT without IUP maybe I will get scheduled??
Ask your dealer, but it sounds like you might be at the head of the line for build right now!
Old 12/16/04, 02:14 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@December 16, 2004, 12:45 AM
You would think they are making them out of tomatoes
Oh so, there's a tomatoe option now????????? J/k I worked with FMC for 22 yrs and they are certainly not stupid people! Something is happining that we are not aware of and prolly only time will fill us in. It's easy for me to say (I got mine), but give them a break, they built us a really fine auto..and as far as the imports, a lot of them are very good also, and a lot are nightmares. I wish things were going smoother for people right now, but there were problems back in June when I wanted one also. Nuf said.
Old 12/16/04, 03:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure if I missed it while sifting through all the "this stinks" and the "glad I got mines" but why not just order the car in Feb ? It stinks starting a wait all over again but if it's that important to you regardless of when you ordered it just put in a new order after Jan. or find one on the lot with IUP.

I can't see ford not getting this resolved right away whatever the issue is. I for one really want the IUP. If I can't get it when I try ordering I will hold off until I can get it. Unless I can get that in the aftermarket.

Maybe I'm just too positive but...

I'm not too worried as these things always get blown way out of proportion. That email says no IUP for Jan and then you have people already saying they bet they won't every make it. lol See that's how rumors start.
Old 12/16/04, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Spoke to my dealer about this yesterday. He said to keep waiting, because if you cancel and move on, you go to the end of the line. He said orders would be built in the order received. I am in the same boat. I dont really care too much about changing the dash color, but I really like the aluminum trim and the other features that come with it. I have considered just get the IUP lite package but I am going to hold on.
Old 12/16/04, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

if I order my car right now, today, will I get the IUP and the MyColor?

If I can, then I'm ordering tonight after work.

However, some of you guys were saying that you ordered back in October and November and you're still on hold. Someone clue me in here....
Old 12/16/04, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

ugh my dealer faxed me his whole status report, and it has my car as "Unsch/Clean" ah well, nothing they did... it's got the highest priority out of all the cars. darn. Although they are saying it's axle shortage, no one here knows anything about the iup thing, maybe it's both, or one, or whatever.... but i guess it's not coming for a while!
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by HammyZTS@December 16, 2004, 8:44 AM
if I order my car right now, today, will I get the IUP and the MyColor?

If I can, then I'm ordering tonight after work.

However, some of you guys were saying that you ordered back in October and November and you're still on hold. Someone clue me in here....
No, you can't order it with IUP, this is week 50 right now.
V6 Member

Originally posted by sams66@December 16, 2004, 8:12 AM
He said orders would be built in the order received.
I wish I could believe that. I've been watching people's order, build, and receive dates on this forum and it would seem that Ford isn't paying much attention to the "fist come first serve" mode of thinking.

Could this IUP delay be related to the release of the vert and not the lawsuit? I have no clue when the vert is scheduled to roll through the assembly lines, but I have been seeing a late Feb or early March date tossed around for when we are suppose to see them on the showroom floors. Wouldn't that mean they may start production in January? If so, could Ford be holding the (presumed) limited supply of IUP parts for use in the first batch of verts? Maybe to launch with fully loaded models. Thus, putting all the orders with the IUP on hold. Just a thought. Granted, if this is true it would certainly tick off all of us existing in line for non-verts with the IUP.

I have an order date of 11/28... called the dealer and left a message about the status of my order today... in hopes of finding out how this will effect my order. We'll see what happens.
Old 12/16/04, 07:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

You are going to get rumors anytime people need/want to know something and the information, for whatever reason, is not provided. I am hoping orders with IUP's are scheduled for February but who can really say until/if the facts come out regarding why the January block. Adding another "rumor to the mill" - maybe the Ford legal eagles checked things out and maybe this guy does have a REAL GOOD Case. Maybe they are going to take January to revamp the 18G package to include everything but MY Color.

BON can be negative leaning IMO at at times to Ford but they are asking if anyone knows why WIXOM stop producing some part.
I have no idea who they are or what they produce.

I want to apologize upfront for throwing out a lot of stuff which is pure speculation but it looks like the closest I am going to get to a Mustang GT for the next couple of months or more will be reading (enjoying) TMS,

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled