2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/04, 07:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys+December 23, 2004, 5:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (davids2toys @ December 23, 2004, 5:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@December 23, 2004, 3:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-manystangs
@December 23, 2004, 12:54 PM
Yes VOPC. If I don't have to talk to the dealer again, except to pay for and p/u my car that is fine with me!
Michael

I hear that!!
The automated vehicle status # is number removed, be patient though, it is a stupid cumputer that does not understand to wll, you will be repeating yourself a few time,but it does work.
So who removed the #, if they asked me to do it?? I dont get it [/b][/quote]
Boomer did it. The removal of the compatibility error sounds like good news to me. Hope so anyway.
Old 12/24/04, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMHO Those of you that got mycolor feature ought to be putting them up on blocks. If that issue is not resolved, that may make these cars worth a substantial amount more in 20 or so years. I don't know how many were made, but, it will probably rarify (is that a word?) the cars. The controversy associated with it will add as well.
Old 12/24/04, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not so sure about that. Today's value of classic Mustangs is not so impacted by rare options as the overall quality of the car.

The big value item on a 1965 Mustang is the "K" Code, or Hi-Po (271 hp) engine.
An engine is a far cry from dash lights.

Besides, MyColor and the IUP will be back in production by February, right?? One can hope....

Merry Christmas to all; may God bless our troops, our families, our friends, and our Stangs.
Old 12/24/04, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by maucoin65@December 24, 2004, 10:36 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Today's value of classic Mustangs is not so impacted by rare options as the overall quality of the car.

The big value item on a 1965 Mustang is the "K" Code, or Hi-Po (271 hp) engine.
An engine is a far cry from dash lights.

Besides, MyColor and the IUP will be back in production by February, right?? One can hope....

Merry Christmas to all; may God bless our troops, our families, our friends, and our Stangs.
WE never know for sure. These cars are not good investments anyway. Modern day cars, however, don't have much to distinguish them. The colors and options are about it aside from Cobra, SE, anniv. models, etc. I just think that if Ford is never allowed to offer my color again, that would make it special.
Old 12/24/04, 11:05 PM

Ah, but they will offer it, for the remainder of this model year, and beyond.

Stay tuned..... B)
Old 12/25/04, 12:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 24, 2004, 9:17 AM
IMHO Those of you that got mycolor feature ought to be putting them up on blocks. If that issue is not resolved, that may make these cars worth a substantial amount more in 20 or so years. I don't know how many were made, but, it will probably rarify (is that a word?) the cars. The controversy associated with it will add as well.
You may be right, but I bought mine to be an everyday driver......and I am so **** about this car, that there's a real good chance that it will still be in pristine condition years from now....relative to age of course. B) It will be interesting to see how this MyColor thing pans out over the next several weeks.....
Old 12/25/04, 12:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is my 2 cents, I want the extra gauges and the aluminum accents, i could care less about some (simi-rice) color changing lights, Ford needs to offer at least the extra gauges in a package and let us who want our cars now get them with no more delays.
Old 12/25/04, 08:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

honestly, I wouldn't buy a car or add an option just for mycolor. I think it is kinda gimmicky or ricey as well. I might choose a color and set it to that and leave it. I just thought it might make the ones that had it unique.
Old 12/25/04, 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 25, 2004, 9:59 AM
honestly, I wouldn't buy a car or add an option just for mycolor. I think it is kinda gimmicky or ricey as well. I might choose a color and set it to that and leave it. I just thought it might make the ones that had it unique.
I said it before and i will say it again...The my color feature should have been a stand alone option, period, I am only getting it becauise it is part of the IUP pkg, I could easily live without it.
Old 12/25/04, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Once again, comments like these prove that the customer/consumer is generally smarter than company executives realize. Why package side airbags to the IUP? Isn't safety an important issue with Ford?

Offer the IUP, side airbags, and My Color as separate items.
All guages ought to be standard in the V6 as well.
Old 12/25/04, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by htwag@December 25, 2004, 10:39 AM
Once again, comments like these prove that the customer/consumer is generally smarter than company executives realize. Why package side airbags to the IUP? Isn't safety an important issue with Ford?

Offer the IUP, side airbags, and My Color as separate items.
All guages ought to be standard in the V6 as well.
Everything he said.

Had Ford packaged MyColor as a separate item, it probably would have sold less than originally projected.

Extra gauges, info center, and upgraded appearance are the desired features of the IUP.

But they probably cannot simply seaparate MyColor from the info center and extra gauges; they are probably integrated by design.

Oh well, they'll learn for 06....
Old 12/25/04, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Last I have heard from Ford is that the IUP hold is over... They have the parts and the only reason the cars are not being produced now is that they are closed for the next week... Also the My color features are still being put on the cars! there is no injunction yet to stop the production of the cars with my color... so When the Ford plant gets booted back up and running, hopefully your cars will be rolling down the line!
Old 12/25/04, 01:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by z71mudder199@December 25, 2004, 2:21 PM
Last I have heard from Ford is that the IUP hold is over... They have the parts and the only reason the cars are not being produced now is that they are closed for the next week... Also the My color features are still being put on the cars! there is no injunction yet to stop the production of the cars with my color... so When the Ford plant gets booted back up and running, hopefully your cars will be rolling down the line!
Where did you hear that...your dealer? Sure hope you're right! Love to see Ford put out some official word on this B)
Old 12/25/04, 01:40 PM
GT Member

We ordered my car from Watson Quality Ford in Jackson MS, and we are personal friends with the owner of Watson Quality and he looked into the IUP deal and everything for us... He said it is clean... and then we just double checked with my order and its clean and built! I hope its the good news we have all been waiting for!
Old 12/25/04, 01:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by htwag@December 25, 2004, 8:39 AM
Isn't safety an important issue with Ford?

Yes. That is why 2005 is the first Mustang model ever built that can be equipped with side airbags. The new model is also much more rigid than the old one, along with better weight distribution and other safety enhancements.
Old 12/25/04, 02:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not reading through the 22 pages again, but did anyone take into consideration the fact that some of the IUPs that are still being produced are for the JOB1 of the convertible orders?

Just a thought...
Old 12/25/04, 02:16 PM
FR500 Member

They already did, back a few thousand pages ago Karpro had received an email clarifying that this was a supply issue and had absolutely nothing to do with any lawsuit. Unfortuneately fact hasn't caught up with rumor yet.
Old 12/25/04, 02:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ahhhhhh
Well I knew it was supply a while back...
but wasn't sure if the whole reasoning that no v6/gt were going to be built in January (or parts of) were Coupe only....

This topic is starting to show times of its age...
Old 12/25/04, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Some good points! Honestly, how many times are you going to change the color of your backlighting?!? Once when you get it? Maybe again if you get another stereo installed? Are there any of you out there that change colors daily to match you wardrobe?!? IMO it's a really cool gadget for about 10 minutes, and maybe here and there during show-and-tell time. Should be a seperate option.

But don't get me wrong, I'm looking fwd to having the IUP, but not for MyColor.
Old 12/25/04, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Honestly, I will probably change colors every week or two. I think it is a cool feature.

As far as it being offered as a separate option, I do agree with you, but I bet Ford is thinking along these lines:

1) Every option we offer (by itself) means the car can be more customized, which means it is more difficult and time-consuming to build them.

2) Packaging MyColor with IUP means that whoever wants the interior upgrade automatically pays for MyColor as well, even if they don't want it. That is a sure way to sell a new *gimmick* and it puts more money in Ford's pocket.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled