2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/04, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@December 15, 2004, 6:41 PM
IUP lite is a joke! :notnice:
I want the guages, door handles, steering wheel, and especially the Information Center. I could even do w/o the dash panel.
Get a clue Ford!
MyColor is NOT why their are so many IUP orders.
Ford, want to see the MyColor orders all but disappear? Drop it from the IUP and offer it as a seperate option.
Seperating the six-gauge cluster and information center from MyColor would take engineering time. I imagine the electronics and software are integrated.
Old 12/16/04, 12:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bison+December 16, 2004, 1:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bison @ December 16, 2004, 1:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Karpro@December 15, 2004, 5:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-manystangs
@December 15, 2004, 5:12 PM
Thank for keeping us informed. I just got the call that my 10/19 order would not be built untill Feb. due to IUP. I am "extremely upset." Not sure if I should jump ship.
Michael

Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere to jump. There isn't any other car on the market with the MyColor feature. If you are willing to buy another car without the MyColor, you might as well just get the IUP lite. At least that way you'll still own a Mustang as opposed to something else.
It's not just IUP or MyColor. I can count all the affordable RWD V8 coupes currently available in North America on one finger. B) [/b][/quote]
Well affordable is open to interpretation.
Old 12/16/04, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

URGGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHG :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

SUPER PISSED

Just called the dealer my car HAD a build date of 12/15. Dealer just now went on line and it has been kicked backed to "submitted to plant" I had the fleet manager run a check on all orders and EVERY SINGLE ORDER got kicked backed to "submitted" all build dates have been reveresed.

URGHGHGHGHGHGHGH :

Any order with a 18G line code that is not on a trailer right now has been stopped.
Old 12/16/04, 12:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 2:30 PM

SUPER PISSED

Just called the dealer my car HAD a build date of 12/15. Dealer just now went on line and it has been kicked backed to "submitted to plant" I had the fleet manager run a check on all orders and EVERY SINGLE ORDER got kicked backed to "submitted" all build dates have been reveresed.

URGHGHGHGHGHGHGH :

Any order with a 18G line code that is not on a trailer right now has been stopped.
Oh no...I'm on the phone RIGHT NOW to see what's going on with my car DAMMIT. I have a build week of 12/13 and was told yesterday that production had begun.
Old 12/16/04, 12:41 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Blu@December 16, 2004, 10:44 AM
Hey everybody...Calm Down! The IUP nearly didn't make the program b/c program people didn't believe that customers would pay that much for a 'Stang. But some design/marketing guys pushed for it by taking it out of the main program and letting the customer pay for it as a stand alone option. They guestimated that it would be a 20% take rate. That's turned out to be 80%. The 05 is selling at a higher price than prev models and taking owners from new areas (BMW, Audi, etc). So all this is pleasently surprising to Ford. Their working on it but it takes time to get raw material and ramp up production (especially if it's 4x what was projected). Remember, Delphi has their supplier's too. Be patient and don't get the mob mentality and flame Ford. They will get it right.
Blu,

while I see Ford's side of the coin here, I can't believe the major gaffe the marketing guys made when thought IUP would have the same demand as the much less exciting one on the 01-04 models. You would figure with just a little marketing research or reaction from the public would show the huge potential for this option.

I truly hope this issue will be resolved asap, as I want the IUP on my car. MyColor isn't as much of a draw to me as the message centre and all the other little bits that come with the IUP.

Hopefully Ford can either resolve the supply/legal issues with IUP, or have to accept negative feedback from consumers lining up with money for not being able to get what they want.
Old 12/16/04, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah screw this I want the 18G option for the trim and the message center, the color deal is cool. But since there is no other option to get the trim bezels, door sills etc and the message center minus the color changing lights I guess we are screwed.

darn IT FORD :bang: :bang: EXACTLY why I NEVER BUY AMERICAN

I might just cancel my order, as it seems I will not get the car I want anyways and just go buy a stupid 350Z.

The 05 COULD have been a major hit, but if I still get janked around on this I am going to do everything in my powers and ability to ensure that at least for now that 05 Mustang sales take a dive.

Pissed at stupid American incompetence, wake up Ford you need to hire a real marketing team. This is such a major F'k up that I am sure your customer satisfaction rating is going to go in the toilet.
Old 12/16/04, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe Ford should hire new Marketing people?
Old 12/16/04, 01:24 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 2:06 PM
Yeah screw this I want the 18G option for the trim and the message center, the color deal is cool. But since there is no other option to get the trim bezels, door sills etc and the message center minus the color changing lights I guess we are screwed.

I might just cancel my order, as it seems I will not get the car I want anyways and just go buy a stupid 350Z.

The 05 COULD have been a major hit, but if I still get janked around on this I am going to do everything in my powers and ability to ensure that at least for now that 05 Mustang sales take a dive.

Pissed at stupid American incompetence, wake up Ford you need to hire a real marketing team. This is such a major F'k up that I am sure your customer satisfaction rating is going to go in the toilet.
Cancel your order and use the money to buy a one way ticket out of the USA....I don't want a guy with your bad attitude towards America driving a Mustang anyway. Why don't you move on out....you won't be missed... :usa:
Old 12/16/04, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am also beyond psd at Ford. Will that stop me from keeping my order?
No?
Michael
Old 12/16/04, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

All Ford has to do is quickly come up with a reduced price version of the 18G with all the aluminum trim and 6 guages, but without the MyColor feature. It is that simple. Why they packaged both of these options together is beyond me.
Old 12/16/04, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Agreed................
Michael
Old 12/16/04, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rex+December 16, 2004, 2:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rex @ December 16, 2004, 2:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 2:06 PM

Cancel your order and use the money to buy a one way ticket out of the USA....I don't want a guy with your bad attitude towards America driving a Mustang anyway. Why don't you move on out....you won't be missed... :usa: [/b][/quote]
Uh Oh gi joe is here with their you're either with us or against us attitude
Old 12/16/04, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THATS IT! I'VE HAD IT! IT SEALS THE DEAL FOR ME.... FORD CAN STICK THE 05 UP THEIR YOOHOOS, I'M WAITING TIL 06...... hopefully by then they have their crap worked out...... i still love the mustang- but ford is RETARDED
Old 12/16/04, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik+December 16, 2004, 2:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stangfriik @ December 16, 2004, 2:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rex@December 16, 2004, 2:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI
@December 16, 2004, 2:06 PM

Cancel your order and use the money to buy a one way ticket out of the USA....I don't want a guy with your bad attitude towards America driving a Mustang anyway. Why don't you move on out....you won't be missed... :usa:
Uh Oh gi joe is here with their you're either with us or against us attitude [/b][/quote]
Yeah, god forbid someone tell you to quit yer female dogin and do something about it... :scratch:
Old 12/16/04, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 1:30 PM

SUPER PISSED

URGHGHGHGHGHGHGH :

I don't understand how you got a build date of 12/15 they don't do day's they give build week's like 12/13 or 12/6 but not a day.I think maybe you dealer may be feeding you a line.Sounds like maybe you didn't have a scheduled build and now they can't get one because of the hold and don't want to tell you because they did not do what they told you they did.Did you go in to the dealer and see it in person? :scratch:
I went in to my dealer last Fri. and saw the build week for my Vin#.12/13/05.
I'm not flaming you it's just that somthing doen't smell right here.
Old 12/16/04, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why did they force Interior Upgrade Package if you want side air bags? If you cann't get Interior Upgrade Package can we get the side air bags?
Old 12/16/04, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 05 Gray GT+December 16, 2004, 4:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05 Gray GT @ December 16, 2004, 4:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 1:30 PM

SUPER PISSED

URGHGHGHGHGHGHGH :

I don't understand how you got a build date of 12/15 they don't do day's they give build week's like 12/13 or 12/6 but not a day.I think maybe you dealer may be feeding you a line.Sounds like maybe you didn't have a scheduled build and now they can't get one because of the hold and don't want to tell you because they did do what they told you they did.Did you go in to the dealer and see it in person? :scratch:
I went in to my dealer last Fri. and saw the build week for my Vin#.12/13/05.
I'm not flaming you it's just that somthing doen't smell right here. [/b][/quote]
05 Gray GT I agree. For the past 2 weeks my status was, "As of December 15th your unit is scheduled to be built week of December 13th". I'm so close dammit and I want this car SO BAD.
Old 12/16/04, 02:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by 05MustangSB@December 16, 2004, 3:03 PM
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THATS IT! I'VE HAD IT! IT SEALS THE DEAL FOR ME.... FORD CAN STICK THE 05 UP THEIR YOOHOOS, I'M WAITING TIL 06...... hopefully by then they have their crap worked out...... i still love the mustang- but ford is RETARDED
How do you guys know Delphi isn't the problem? Maybe they decided to halt production of the MyColor until this patent issue is resolved and left Ford flapping in the wind. You guys assume it's Ford's fault. I'm not saying it isn't but don't assume it is either.
Old 12/16/04, 02:23 PM
V6 Member

Ordered mine 12/02/02 and confirmed a build date today of 01/24/05. Maybe thats so far out that the IUP supply issue hasnt hit it yet but will ultimately.
Old 12/16/04, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah I am sure its was build week 13th of December/ production schedule date 12/15

But it got rolled back and status changed to "submitted to plant" instead of scheduled on line.

Like I said all IUP orders that were not rolled out the gate (according to the fleet manager and the FORD ORDER System have been reversed.

Anyone who had a IUP car and was scheduled to be built this week, please call your dealer and report back what the dealer says.

And REX I am just mad at the way Ford is handling this right now. They should have had more advanced planning in regards to the MY COLOR option and they should have had a backup plan in case something went screwy with Delphi.

IUP-Lite Code 18R is crap compared to what 18G offers, the 6 gauges, the message center the trim pcs etc.

18R is just the wheel spokes and the console trim from what I have seen.

I was saying that because you do not see a Import Company that rolls out a product only to have to pull it back because their "marketing" department did not do a good enough job testing the acceptance or demand for a specific "new" feature.

It, just like the quality in the 80's and early 90's seemed lacking and only 80% (if that) completed.

Had the Ford Marketing people done a better job and both researching this feature for problems (in this case possible legal problems) and the expected demand they would have prepared themselves better to roll out the 05 without these kind of production problems.

I am a red blooded white boy born and raised in America but I think Corporate America is so used to just giving us the shaft and it is starting to really **** me off.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled