2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/04, 01:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new news.... I want my car already!!!!!
Does anyone know what the latest info is on this IUP issue?
(page 23....sweet!!!)
Old 1/3/05, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

BON just posted IUP delay due to exhausted for January 2005. This helps confirm supply as the issue.

Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews.
Old 1/3/05, 06:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by TURBO 05@December 31, 2004, 2:30 AM
(page 23....sweet!!!)
I read on BON that the robots have taken over AAI and are refusing to work. Just a rumor though....unconfirmed as of yet.
Old 1/3/05, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by outdoorstom+January 3, 2005, 7:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (outdoorstom @ January 3, 2005, 7:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-TURBO 05@December 31, 2004, 2:30 AM
(page 23....sweet!!!)
I read on BON that the robots have taken over AAI and are refusing to work. Just a rumor though....unconfirmed as of yet.[/b][/quote]
Where is Will Smith when you need him.
Old 1/7/05, 11:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 6505pony@January 3, 2005, 7:21 AM
BON just posted IUP delay due to exhausted for January 2005. This helps confirm supply as the issue.

Interior upgrade package "18G" for 2005 Mustangs are exhausted for January production. Dealers are advised to order interior package "18R" in place of "18G."
03 January 05. BlueOvalNews.
BON, did an 'inside source' say that? I give BON about as much credibility with Ford issuses as the New York Times with Bush ones.
Old 1/7/05, 11:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

What I dont understand is why Ford just offers the MyColor as an extra option and keep all the aluminum bits as the IUP option. If it is supply, how friggin hard is it to make the tin and painted plastic parts anyway? I think tickle me elmo is more complicated and they can make a bazillion of them. Customers call it the 'aluminum dash' and hardly ever mention MyColor. The world would be fine without it.
Old 1/7/05, 11:55 PM
FR500 Member

kevin i couldnt have said it any better. i dont know why this is such an issue. the mycolor is totally different than what this jacka** made. ford uses light pipes. the guy made his with like led's and such. ford could settle this easily by giving him money or a 05 stang or a ford GT. hes becoming our public enemy number 1 and is ruining my chance of getting an option i sooo dearly wanted. i will have this man destroyed if he ruins this for me and everyone else
Old 1/8/05, 12:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@January 8, 2005, 12:58 AM
kevin i couldnt have said it any better. i dont know why this is such an issue. the mycolor is totally different than what this jacka** made. ford uses light pipes. the guy made his with like led's and such. ford could settle this easily by giving him money or a 05 stang or a ford GT. hes becoming our public enemy number 1 and is ruining my chance of getting an option i sooo dearly wanted. i will have this man destroyed if he ruins this for me and everyone else
In all the web searches and posts there has never been a shred of evidence to suggest the IUP availability problem is anything other than a supplier production issue.

The "lawsuit" is a red herring, this rumour needs to die!!

The supply issue is in the process of being resolved (by Ford's own admission), which is why the IUP option will not be "broken up". Note it continues as a key option on the vert.
Old 1/8/05, 06:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Maverstang+January 8, 2005, 1:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maverstang @ January 8, 2005, 1:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88@January 8, 2005, 12:58 AM
In all the web searches and posts there has never been a shred of evidence to suggest the IUP availability problem is anything other than a supplier production issue.

The supply issue is in the process of being resolved (by Ford's own admission), which is why the IUP option will not be "broken up". Note it continues as a key option on the vert. [/b][/quote]
I'll second that! Let the lawsuit rumor die!
Old 1/8/05, 08:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+January 8, 2005, 7:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (outdoorstom @ January 8, 2005, 7:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Maverstang@January 8, 2005, 1:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88
@January 8, 2005, 12:58 AM

The supply issue is in the process of being resolved (by Ford's own admission), which is why the IUP option will not be "broken up". Note it continues as a key option on the vert.
I'll second that! Let the lawsuit rumor die! [/b][/quote]
I third that...Please die please!
Old 1/8/05, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Friends, I don't say this as a slam. It won't die, & this thread's so long because we keep contracticting each other. I get the impression from the above posts that it's a supply issue only, & nothing to do with any lawsuit. Yet Brad himself, the owner of this site stated himself that the lawsuit is an issue. Check out his post on page 1 of the "I.U.P. Fiasco Attempt 2" thread, 3rd post down. Even after that, posts followed by others saying it was just supply. Check out the 2005 Timeline link & click the Interior & Audio link, Brad has put it there too. Unfortunately MyColor is part of I.U.P. along with the aluminum accents. So after reading Brad's posts, I'm led to believe the lawsuit is not a rumor, & is a part of this current hold.
Old 1/8/05, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Why doesn't Ford pay off the IUP inventor, give him lots of cash and make him a Corporte President in charge of IUP Technology and apologize to him for stealing his idea. Its not like Ford does not have the money to do so.
Old 1/8/05, 10:55 AM

Called the automated # and my car GT IUP is schedualed for the week of JAN 31.
Old 1/8/05, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Di di di da di di diiiii. Di di di da di di diii.

This just in. Hasbro, Inc, the toy manufacturer that was founded by Henry and Helal Hassenfeld in 1923 has now launched a law suit against the Ford Motor Company regarding the IUP. Hazbro launched the LiteBrite in 1967 which was copywrighted, trademarked and pretty much grossly over documented for the past 37 years. Executives at Hasbro, Inc. state that the MyColor dash display is a complete rip off of their 1967 idea. Film at eleven.

In a related story, Proctor & Gamble has filed a law suit as well, stating that they have been "brushing aluminum" with 'Comet' for over 50 years.
Old 1/8/05, 11:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by jimascenz@January 8, 2005, 9:18 AM
So after reading Brad's posts, I'm led to believe the lawsuit is not a rumor, & is a part of this current hold.
That's what I think also. Until somebody's car is 'Built' with the IUP during this month of January......and not just scheduled for build, then it would be safe to assume it was something other than the lawsuit issue.
Old 1/8/05, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+December 25, 2004, 10:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (davids2toys @ December 25, 2004, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@December 25, 2004, 9:59 AM
honestly, I wouldn't buy a car or add an option just for mycolor. I think it is kinda gimmicky or ricey as well. I might choose a color and set it to that and leave it. I just thought it might make the ones that had it unique.
I said it before and i will say it again...The my color feature should have been a stand alone option, period, I am only getting it becauise it is part of the IUP pkg, I could easily live without it. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you, and wanted the IUP for the trip computer and MPG computer and brightwork much more than MyColor. Couldn't have cared less about it. But darn it, it is pretty cool to change the color with your mood (mine is usually blue to match the Sonic paint) and it is a neat thing to show people. So, yeah, I am glad I have it, wouldn't pay $450 for it alone, but altogether it is a great option. No surprise 80% of the buyers agree with me.

Some other people who agree with me are the troops in Iraq. Just came back from TDY there, and my laptop's background was a big conversation starter.

There are LOTS of guys eager to get back to CONUS and get their hands on a new 'Stang. Not much to spend their money on down in Iraq, many have some serious money saved up.

That convertible is growing on me....
Old 1/8/05, 01:36 PM
CME
GT Member

According to my dealer the issue is with the robots. The one that stamps one of the inserts failed and now they are having to retool it. End of story. Makes sense if you think about it. That's the one thing the GT and V6 with IUP has in common is the inserts. The GT's speedo goes to 140 mph and the V6 to 120 mph. Hence the reason for the V6 delays earlier. we know they have the steering wheels and shifters it's the IUP Lite, so that's all that's left. Now they're scheduling IUP orders so it looks like this is about to end.
Old 1/8/05, 01:46 PM

Can't end soon enough for me. Now if I can just get my dealer to tell me if he moved my stupid priority off of 99. :angry:
Old 1/8/05, 01:49 PM
Jim

Hi,

I just spoke with my dealer rep. and she has it in her order system that they can't order the IU because of a issue with the passenger side airbag deploying.

She says the Mycolor thing is just a rumor and that Ford has not mentioned anything about that in their internal e-mail, etc.

She said it mentions Feb. or March as expected dates to order it again.

Jim
Old 1/8/05, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by CME@January 8, 2005, 2:39 PM
According to my dealer the issue is with the robots.

I rest my case.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled