2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/04, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Stangfriik+December 16, 2004, 2:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stangfriik @ December 16, 2004, 2:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rex@December 16, 2004, 2:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI
@December 16, 2004, 2:06 PM
Yeah screw this I want the 18G option for the trim and the message center, the color deal is cool. But since there is no other option to get the trim bezels, door sills etc and the message center minus the color changing lights I guess we are screwed.

darn IT FORD :bang: :bang: EXACTLY why I NEVER BUY AMERICAN

I might just cancel my order, as it seems I will not get the car I want anyways and just go buy a stupid 350Z.

The 05 COULD have been a major hit, but if I still get janked around on this I am going to do everything in my powers and ability to ensure that at least for now that 05 Mustang sales take a dive.

Pissed at stupid American incompetence, wake up Ford you need to hire a real marketing team. This is such a major F'k up that I am sure your customer satisfaction rating is going to go in the toilet.

Cancel your order and use the money to buy a one way ticket out of the USA....I don't want a guy with your bad attitude towards America driving a Mustang anyway. Why don't you move on out....you won't be missed... :usa:
Uh Oh gi joe is here with their you're either with us or against us attitude [/b][/quote]
Stangfriik, Don't call him a GI Joe, that is a slam on the great soldiers we have serving our country. They put their rear portions on the line every day.

Most of them wish they had something as trivial as color-changing gauges in a car to worry about, instead of wondering if the next car they see is packed with explosives and being driven by a piece of camel dung.

They're defending everyone's right to express themselves.... REX. I'm sure you already have you're car, as I do, but I haven't forgotten how frustrating it was waiting with limited information.

That being said. Nosferatu, you need to fr*ggin chill out. My country isn't responsible for your dissatisfaction with Ford.
Old 12/16/04, 02:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol this thread is hilarious. All this from an email that says there won't be any IUP in mustangs for the week of January.
Old 12/16/04, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by JZInternet@December 16, 2004, 3:52 PM
lol this thread is hilarious. All this from an email that says there won't be any IUP in mustangs for the week of January.
Actually it's for the month of January:

Place the 18G Interior Upgrade package on hold for the remainder of January production. - beginning tonight
The funny thing is everyone is assuming it's related to MyColor but there's only circumstantial evident that it is. It could a be problem with another part of the IUP package. Maybe they had a quality control issue with the aluminum dash panels and are having them remade. Who knows at this point?
Old 12/16/04, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

TomServo92 has a good point which was brought up before. We are only speculating this is due to MyColor. Yes, the lawsuit issue makes MyColor the logical choice but without concrete evidence we're just spinning our wheels. Ford completely revamped their website yesterday and during that extensive overhaul left in the MyColor interactive demo and all IUP related features.

Public facing they're selling it, dealer facing they're not allowing it (temporarily). Maybe they will offer it again in February as they state in the e/m.
Old 12/16/04, 03:39 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Deathdealer+December 16, 2004, 3:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Deathdealer @ December 16, 2004, 3:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Stangfriik@December 16, 2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by rex@December 16, 2004, 2:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI
@December 16, 2004, 2:06 PM
Yeah screw this I want the 18G option for the trim and the message center, the color deal is cool. But since there is no other option to get the trim bezels, door sills etc and the message center minus the color changing lights I guess we are screwed.

darn IT FORD :bang: :bang: EXACTLY why I NEVER BUY AMERICAN

I might just cancel my order, as it seems I will not get the car I want anyways and just go buy a stupid 350Z.

The 05 COULD have been a major hit, but if I still get janked around on this I am going to do everything in my powers and ability to ensure that at least for now that 05 Mustang sales take a dive.

Pissed at stupid American incompetence, wake up Ford you need to hire a real marketing team. This is such a major F'k up that I am sure your customer satisfaction rating is going to go in the toilet.

Cancel your order and use the money to buy a one way ticket out of the USA....I don't want a guy with your bad attitude towards America driving a Mustang anyway. Why don't you move on out....you won't be missed... :usa:

Uh Oh gi joe is here with their you're either with us or against us attitude
Stangfriik, Don't call him a GI Joe, that is a slam on the great soldiers we have serving our country. They put their rear portions on the line every day.

Most of them wish they had something as trivial as color-changing gauges in a car to worry about, instead of wondering if the next car they see is packed with explosives and being driven by a piece of camel dung.

They're defending everyone's right to express themselves.... REX. I'm sure you already have you're car, as I do, but I haven't forgotten how frustrating it was waiting with limited information.

That being said. Nosferatu, you need to fr*ggin chill out. My country isn't responsible for your dissatisfaction with Ford. [/b][/quote]
I'm waiting for IUP just like many of us, but I don't like the blame America rhetoric that some folks use...The USA is the greatest country in the world and I will also use my free speech to defend it....

now back to topic...the silver lining in the IUP mess/delay/holdup just might be a car that has many of it's first year bugs worked out of it before many of us take delivery! Hey if it's a 05 or as late as an 06 I'll wait and I'll try to stay positive because it's really not that big of a deal when all else is put into perspective.

God Bless our Troops and God Bless America.....Merry Christmas Everyone! :flag2:
Old 12/16/04, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NosferatuVI
I didn't call my dealer I went down and looked at the computer.I had a build week of 12-13-04, now it says that it has a ETA of 12-28-04.I hope to have it and driving it before the 31st.
I hope you get you deal worked out.I know what it's like to wait for a car. My 94 took a little more than 4 months to come in.This one if it gets here when they say will be just over 3 months from the time I ordered.
Old 12/16/04, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

all of this is confusing me.....i ordered on the 24th with iup. does that mean they will build my car without it?
Old 12/16/04, 04:18 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@December 16, 2004, 5:17 PM
all of this is confusing me.....i ordered on the 24th with iup. does that mean they will build my car without it?
Ford will not build your car until they release the IUP hold
Old 12/16/04, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@December 16, 2004, 4:17 PM
Unless you specifically change your order with Ford, they will simply put it on hold until the situation resolves itself.
Old 12/16/04, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah I am just pissed at this whole dealer nonsense. IT has nothing to do with this Country, but it has everything to do with Ford.
Old 12/16/04, 04:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 3:29 PM
yeah I am sure its was build week 13th of December/ production schedule date 12/15

But it got rolled back and status changed to "submitted to plant" instead of scheduled on line.

Like I said all IUP orders that were not rolled out the gate (according to the fleet manager and the FORD ORDER System have been reversed.

Anyone who had a IUP car and was scheduled to be built this week, please call your dealer and report back what the dealer says.

And REX I am just mad at the way Ford is handling this right now. They should have had more advanced planning in regards to the MY COLOR option and they should have had a backup plan in case something went screwy with Delphi.

IUP-Lite Code 18R is crap compared to what 18G offers, the 6 gauges, the message center the trim pcs etc.

18R is just the wheel spokes and the console trim from what I have seen.

I was saying that because you do not see a Import Company that rolls out a product only to have to pull it back because their "marketing" department did not do a good enough job testing the acceptance or demand for a specific "new" feature.

It, just like the quality in the 80's and early 90's seemed lacking and only 80% (if that) completed.

Had the Ford Marketing people done a better job and both researching this feature for problems (in this case possible legal problems) and the expected demand they would have prepared themselves better to roll out the 05 without these kind of production problems.

I am a red blooded white boy born and raised in America but I think Corporate America is so used to just giving us the shaft and it is starting to really **** me off.
Wow, if they are reversing orders already accepted, I just got mine built in the nick of time. I think it's funny that people are blaming this and that but there has not been one factual reason for the hold on the IUP. It has been all rumor and speculation at this point. I would always make sure I have the facts about something before I start flaming something for it.
Old 12/16/04, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

WOW!! this sounds like a nightmare -- I would have still been waiting if i didn't say "screwdriver' my dealer & pick the exact same thing I had on order off the lot... I really feel for you guys still on the waiting list.

But look at it this way. There's no official word that it has to do w/ the lawsuit - so maybe it's just a part shortage + the plant sutdowns... :scratch: it might just take a little while to get things back up & running.
Old 12/16/04, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lodom@December 16, 2004, 2:41 PM
All Ford has to do is quickly come up with a reduced price version of the 18G with all the aluminum trim and 6 guages, but without the MyColor feature. It is that simple. Why they packaged both of these options together is beyond me.
Yes, I agree and am quite POed also at the moment, i stumbled onto this thread by accident, I order my car 9 days ago, so i guess this puts me in the unhappily screwed column if this all true, i put a call into my salesmen this morning and so far no call back, I would definately give up the my color if i got everything else...I definately do NOT want the IUP limp pkg...if i have to take that option, they should knock off 2 grand off the price, just for my trouble and aggravation, and not getting the car i want and ordered....I refied my house and the $ is just sitting there waiting to give it to Ford, of course i am paying interest on this cash with No car in site...wheewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...It really is ridiculous
Old 12/16/04, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

HolderCA1 why dont you call your dealer and find out if your car was built......

Then get back to us.

:nono:
Old 12/16/04, 06:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 4:59 PM
HolderCA1 why dont you call your dealer and find out if your car was built......

Then get back to us.

:nono:
Thats what I was thinking when I saw in his sig. that he has a build week of Dec. 13th with IUP. You might have bad news.....
Old 12/16/04, 06:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 05 Gray GT@December 16, 2004, 5:00 PM
NosferatuVI
I didn't call my dealer I went down and looked at the computer.I had a build week of 12-13-05, now it says that it has a ETA of 12-28-05.I hope to have it and driving it before the 31st.
I hope you get you deal worked out.I know what it's like to wait for a car. My 94 took a little more than 4 months to come in.This one if it gets here when they say will be just over 3 months from the time I ordered.
Wow! You talk about being delayed! Your car isn't going to be built until December of 2005?
Old 12/16/04, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 5:57 PM
yeah I am just pissed at this whole dealer nonsense. IT has nothing to do with this Country, but it has everything to do with Ford.
Like I said before, you can't be sure the problem is with Ford! For all you know, Ford might be as much a victim as you if the problem lies with a supplier Lacking any definite information, we just don't know what is going on.
Old 12/16/04, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+December 16, 2004, 7:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ December 16, 2004, 7:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-05 Gray GT@December 16, 2004, 5:00 PM
NosferatuVI
I didn't call my dealer I went down and looked at the computer.I had a build week of 12-13-05, now it says that it has a ETA of 12-28-05.I hope to have it and driving it before the 31st.
Wow! You talk about being delayed! Your car isn't going to be built until December of 2005? [/b][/quote]
what does one do w/ all that wait time????? :scratch: ooh. I know.. maybe modify a post????
Old 12/16/04, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+December 16, 2004, 7:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ December 16, 2004, 7:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI@December 16, 2004, 5:57 PM
Like I said before, you can't be sure the problem is with Ford! For all you know, Ford might be as much a victim as you if the problem lies with a supplier Lacking any definite information, we just don't know what is going on. [/b][/quote]
all jokes aside.. I 2nd that -- If Delphi is supplying Ford w/ the "MyColor" feature then Delphi is at fault for the patent infringement. Ford in turn is the innocent bystander who's left holding the bag - because the option is in their vehicle which is already on the streets. Worse case scenario is that "MyColor" gets pulled. Ford has to cough up some cash to ol' buddy & Delphi kisses Fords hiney for the rest of eternity for imploding a couple years of hard work & lots of money spent.

But then again... there is no solid confirmation that this is what's causing the delay.
Old 12/16/04, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

bummer

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled