2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some orders that have a priority then others. I think 10 are standard that’s what my brother's GT order is. Not too sure, my brother has the X plan and having a hard time finding a dealer that will even take it on the Mustang at all without ordering the car.
Old 12/17/04, 11:48 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
All Saleens will have the IUP, right?
Old 12/17/04, 11:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@December 17, 2004, 12:42 PM
Just looking at my vehicle order conf..... i am a 10, what does this mean, I ordered 12 07 04
That is good news. Priority 10 is the highest you can get!
Old 12/17/04, 12:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Since apparntly the only official news in this thread is the Ford memo explaing what they are doing - then I will accept the situation as a supply issue for January with the IUP/18G still alive and available for builds in February. Still trying to be objective, Ford did the right thing since it will hopefully get the folks who ordered before me, their cars with the IUP. Having said that and having my order thru a smaller dealer, how true this is remains to be seen. I am guessing/hoping my car will be scheduled in the first part of February..........but who knows what the next 5-6 weeks will bring!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/17/04, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 426H+December 17, 2004, 12:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (426H @ December 17, 2004, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@December 17, 2004, 12:42 PM
Just looking at my vehicle order conf..... i am a 10, what does this mean, I ordered 12 07 04
That is good news. Priority 10 is the highest you can get! [/b][/quote]
WOW...I wonder how i rated that honor.
Just off the phone with the dealer and they knew nothing, just got off the phone with for cust serv and they told me the order had been recieved and that is it.
They also had no clue about the priority 10 thing, what exactly does that mean
Old 12/17/04, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone just shoot the M.I.T. guy so we don't have to worry about the lawsuit to complicating our Mustang order.
Old 12/17/04, 12:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+December 17, 2004, 1:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (davids2toys @ December 17, 2004, 1:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 426H@December 17, 2004, 12:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys
@December 17, 2004, 12:42 PM

That is good news. Priority 10 is the highest you can get!
WOW...I wonder how i rated that honor.
Just off the phone with the dealer and they knew nothing, just got off the phone with for cust serv and they told me the order had been recieved and that is it.
They also had no clue about the priority 10 thing, what exactly does that mean [/b][/quote]
It means you have the highest priority at your dealer. If you ordered dec 07 i think your car will be built in february.

I'm in the same boat, ordered dec 09.
Old 12/17/04, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Montrose@December 17, 2004, 11:00 AM
Who the h*** says our gauges are in French?? Metric is a European system of measurement that is used world-wide - it's not French. I would prefer reverting to the Imperial system, certainly, but I don't consider metric to be French, nor do I consider myself to be.
That's unfortunate, because the metric system is, in fact, French.
Old 12/17/04, 01:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Gene Jockey+December 17, 2004, 2:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gene Jockey @ December 17, 2004, 2:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Montrose@December 17, 2004, 11:00 AM
Who the h*** says our gauges are in French?? Metric is a European system of measurement that is used world-wide - it's not French. I would prefer reverting to the Imperial system, certainly, but I don't consider metric to be French, nor do I consider myself to be.
That's unfortunate, because the metric system is, in fact, French. [/b][/quote]
You are correct sir.

Used in nearly every country in the world the Metric System was devised by French scientists in the late 18th century to replace the chaotic collection of units then in use.
Old 12/17/04, 01:31 PM

I called my dealership back and asked about the delay, He responce was " that a girl in detroit, I assume a scheduling lady, knew nothing about a patent/lawsuit on the "My color", nor did she hear about a supply issue. Her response to the delay was that they have issues in the testing of the "My Color" option."

Granted this is all the salesman said what the lady in detroit said. But hey not as crazy as some other therories out there.
Old 12/17/04, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah well guys, I called last night & was told my car was already built with an ETA of 1/10. Today Cust Serv said it had a schedule date of 1/10 (I am assuming this is the week not day date) & then my GM at my dealership looked it up on their system & said it had a build week of 1/3 with a expected status update on 1/5.

My GM then said that my car (a V6) was being put before some GT's because of all the priority it had on it. As for priority 10 is usually the highest. Although, if I am not mistaken, there is higher priority like 1, 2, etc. But that is usually reserverd for dealer orders or for special circumstance orders (like mine, being a Ford buyback). I could be wrong about this. So someone who knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.

Happy Holidays
Old 12/17/04, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

My car is a priority 10, from a HUGE dealer in California that has about 10 other special orders in right now. MY car is the only special order V6 from this dealer everything else are GT's. MY CAR HAD an actual build date of 12/15. But ohhh no not anymore. In fact all of the IUP orders that were in and like I said not actually on a trailer as of 12/14 were ALL put on hold.

So it does not surprise me that your dealer told you that your car had a ETA of 1/10/05 and then now all of a sudden its now only showing to be scheduled for 1/5.

I think at this point the dealers are just throwing dates out because they do not want everyone to just up and cancel all of their orders. Regardless if everyone in the Ford system has no clue what anyone else is saying in regard to what the truth is in any paticular case.

:bang: :bang:
Old 12/17/04, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

It wasn't the dealer. It was the guy at Ford Customer Service. And my dealer is not worried about me cancelling my order. Because my order is a replacement through Ford for my 03 Mustang that is a Lemon. That's what I meant by special order. Besides after being on hold for 2 1/2 months I am just glad it's showing anything that is not "clean, unscheduled"
Old 12/17/04, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith+December 15, 2004, 8:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kerafaith @ December 15, 2004, 8:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jtmears@December 15, 2004, 8:14 PM
Ok I dunno about all this. Coincidentally I called my dealer today to check on things and my order is still "clean, unscheduled." By "clean", I would assume that means there is no delay but that my order is just not scheduled. My dealer has confirmed this too.

Also for the record, I want the full IUP and I won't buy the car without it. Sure, it's not the most important part of the car, but it is very cool and not having it puts the Mustang closer to being yet another cookie-cutter car.

All you people who don't want mycolor, PLEASE cancel your orders immediately so the people who want it can get it!
Your dealer, all due respect, is full of it. Clean, unscheduled basically means that they, the computer, something looked at the order & said ok, this order is ok so it accepted it. Now your order awaits to be pulled for the plant & scheduled for production. I sat at clean, unscheduled for alittle over 2 months & that is waht it showed on the general managers computer. Yet the sales manager gets a printout everyday & his printouts showed material hold. So, my advice is to talk to the general manager &/or the sales manager.

Anyway. Good luck with the car. Although I believe you are in for a long wait. JMO though. Laters [/b][/quote]
it's cool as long as I get the darn thing with all the options i want!
Old 12/17/04, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah I here that IF I ever get my 05 it is going to be with the options ALL of them that I want. I am not buying off the lot just because they say I cant have the car I want right now.

If I have to I will buy in the summer.

I will call them everyday until I get an answer of yes it is built or no it will never be built with those options.

B)
Old 12/17/04, 06:14 PM
V6 Member

Just to add some more BS to the mix, my dealer called today and updated me on status of my order. She told me that it was scheduled for delivery in early Feb. I didn't put much stock in that info given the lamentations posted on this HUGE thread. I have a V-6 Premium with IUP on order.

Might get it one day!
Semper Fi,
Clay
Old 12/17/04, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+December 16, 2004, 3:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ December 16, 2004, 3:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JZInternet@December 16, 2004, 3:52 PM
lol this thread is hilarious. All this from an email that says there won't be any IUP in mustangs for the week of January.
Actually it's for the month of January:

Place the 18G Interior Upgrade package on hold for the remainder of January production. - beginning tonight
The funny thing is everyone is assuming it's related to MyColor but there's only circumstantial evident that it is. It could a be problem with another part of the IUP package. Maybe they had a quality control issue with the aluminum dash panels and are having them remade. Who knows at this point? [/b][/quote]
lol sorry about that.. but well you know what I mean
Old 12/18/04, 01:40 AM
GT Member

Hey Montrose, The french thing was kind of a joke, You know living in Canada with the english/french thing, However the metric system is French and was invented by a Frenchman during the French Revolution in the 1790's and was not accepted in North America until like 75 years later.

Oh and they use Miles in the UK too, they just use Kiddie Miles(Km) in the third world countries like here in Canada. We don't really use the metric system, we just like to think we do..

Quickest example that comes to mind is How much do you weigh?, how tall are you?

Who said Kg and Metres ? Noone?
and my point.... I don't have one, I just love reading this crap
Old 12/18/04, 04:14 AM
Bullitt Member

B) Well they warned me! Order received by Ford 12/1. Was told then, But new about the first IUP mess. But for sure, I'll wait till heck freezes over for the exact car that I ordered! When that happens I'll join all of you and ride into the sunset with my 05GT pony! Happy Trails!! B)
(Thanks karpro for info. lots of interest in this post!
Shows how much this IUP means to everyone!
Old 12/18/04, 05:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 69stang351w@December 18, 2004, 6:17 AM
B) ... ... (Thanks karpro for info. lots of interest in this post!
Shows how much this IUP means to everyone!
Exactly! For those that were enticed by it (me) & wanted it. Originally denied, then last week I got it. Personally I can wait. As long as I get the car the way I want it, like you said. Was told I'd get it at the end of Jan. That's not likely with this new issue. As long as they don't change & say I can't have IUP at all, I'm ok with it. Hopefully I'll get it w/all the bells & whistles in March or April, & by then the snow should be gone. Want to take a day off from work to just drive & acclimate myself to it. Don't want to pick it up in the middle of a snowstorm. Want it to look clean & pretty for when my co-workers 1st see it.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled