2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 03:05 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 3:42 PM
I doubt this is a supply issue as in they ran out of stock to match orders. Since they just removed the holds on IUP on the 8th and expected to ramp up production on IUP orders then in one weeks time they have an unexpected delay/hold on ALL IUP even GT orders. When they already have a really good idea (based on all the special orders) that everyone is ordering IUP... Come on, they would already know this and expectingly would have ordered a ton of IUP components.

No I am sorry to say that this is the work of the Lawyers and the courts. Hopefully it gets sorted out, if not then everyone who has a stang with IUP just jumped up in value by probably 5k. And everyone who has a IUP car that is built but not delivered yet, on a discount plan, better pray real hard that there dealer does not screw them when their car hits the lot and dealer knows he can bilk 3k over MSRP because the unit has IUP on it.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am in the boat (not specifically because of Xplan) but because of the specs on my ordered car they might want to sell the car out from under me and just say it never came in.

Which reminds me, since I have a build date of today I guess I should get the VIN from my dealer that way I can always check and see if the car gets sold to someone else.

This is exactly what I have heard from a reputable source. It IS due to the pending litigation....I don't know, I'd be inclined to pay the S.O.B his money, buy his patent...whatever it takes for this kind of snafu to go away. Apparently Ford thinks differently

New slogan for Ford: Think different..... Oh wait that's taken :bang:
Old 12/15/04, 03:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't know where you guys get this info from, but we're building lots of IUP GT's and from what we've heard at the plant, there's no reason to believe that it will end soon (well, except for the shutdown which is from the 24th to the 3rd). The lawsuit, if its true, may affect that, but no word yet on it, and in truth, may not ever hear about it. Delphi might have some issues with it, but Ford is just the end user, not the supplier or inventer. B)
Old 12/15/04, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

This stinks, I'm am sick and tired of dealing with BS. Is the whole darn company runs by retards. All I want is my car, not 3/4ths, not 1/2 the whloe thing. when I call my dealer this Friday and there is another wait on my order I'm pulling my deposit and waiting on a 2006. I'm sopissed right now, that I could, I don't know. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 12/15/04, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

I hope you're right. Thanks for the info man.
Old 12/15/04, 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@December 15, 2004, 4:11 PM
I don't know where you guys get this info from, but we're building lots of IUP GT's and from what we've heard at the plant, there's no reason to believe that it will end soon (well, except for the shutdown which is from the 24th to the 3rd). The lawsuit, if its true, may affect that, but no word yet on it, and in truth, may not ever hear about it. Delphi might have some issues with it, but Ford is just the end user, not the supplier or inventer. B)
John,

The e-mail refers to January production not getting scheduled. I would assume you aren't seeing anything out of the norm, yet.
Old 12/15/04, 03:14 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@December 15, 2004, 4:07 PM
I can live without mycolor. It would be nice if the IUP replacement had the dash trim, the extra guages, and the message centre. Those are the options I want.
No Poop!

When they came out with 18R, I was like: this is supposed to appease people who ordered the IUP??? It doesn't even come close. MyColor is nifty in a Gee-Whizz kinda way...but I hardly see why you put everybody's order on hold, throw them an unacceptable bone with NONE of the useful features of the real IUP

Settle out of court, or dump MyColor all together.

And for the record, I'm miffed for all the people who haven't been pulled yet, mine is on a railcar headed my way, nevertheless, this looks like some real poor decision making by Ford.
Old 12/15/04, 03:16 PM
GT Member

It would be nice if Ford could get their act together. I ordered my GT with IUP on 12/4 and it seems with all of these delays that it won't be here until April. The 8-12 week wait is bad enough already. If this issue is really about the patent why can't Ford just pay a few dollars of royalties. After all, what is $1 million from the pocket of a multi-billion dollar company. No IUP's for the entire month of January :notnice:
Old 12/15/04, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Looks like Ford can't handle the business of building cars! I think the success of the Mustang comes more of a surprise to Ford than the general public! The further we get into this thing, the more I wonder if the success of the '05 is an anomaly. Whats next? Quite possibly this car was rushed to market.

The convertible and hardtop should have been introduced together. They even messed up the dealer brochure, it does not contain any specs. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy Ford. :angry: But I still want one. After all is said, it is a beautiful car, and a credit to Ford. Now lets hope they don't compromise it any further.
Old 12/15/04, 03:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@December 15, 2004, 4:07 PM
I can live without mycolor. It would be nice if the IUP replacement had the dash trim, the extra guages, and the message centre. Those are the options I want.
Agree. It's not the my color i wanted when i ordered the IUP.

If Ford does stop to deliver the my color, I bet these cars will be very desirable in 30 years or so...
Old 12/15/04, 03:29 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

if you want a great IUP wait until 2006 when the navigation system with satellite radio and the heated bucket seats move in....nobody will give a darn about my color then....
Old 12/15/04, 03:32 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/15/04, 04:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Paul, I realize where u get ur info, and for the most part, its very accurate, but u also need to realize that things do change, sometimes in just a matter of hours, and sometimes Ford will send out these notices to try and get the dealers to go a crain way, but knowing that the customer will dictate how things go, orderwise. Yes, we've been building a lot of spoiler delete cars, but we've also built alot of cars w/ them, and only a handful have waited for them to be put on. IUP, the same way, and I've even seen a couple of V6's w/ it, but could've been a mistake, too!! Its just the other guys who really don't know that r confused by ur original post and think the ISAP, ICAP, and IUP r the same or whatever. One guy even said something like, "how can they(ford) make u get red leather? what if u want yellow?" I really do appreciate the info u and kevin provide about commodities and orders. I try to watch for the things I read about here while I'm at work. B)

BTW, Rex, would u like it if someone said the same about ur car? If u don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.
Old 12/15/04, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank for keeping us informed. I just got the call that my 10/19 order would not be built untill Feb. due to IUP. I am "extremely upset." Not sure if I should jump ship.
Michael
Old 12/15/04, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so, i'm ok with this since its being built this friday :angry: , right????????
Old 12/15/04, 04:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by manystangs@December 15, 2004, 5:12 PM
Thank for keeping us informed. I just got the call that my 10/19 order would not be built untill Feb. due to IUP. I am "extremely upset." Not sure if I should jump ship.
Michael
Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere to jump. There isn't any other car on the market with the MyColor feature. If you are willing to buy another car without the MyColor, you might as well just get the IUP lite. At least that way you'll still own a Mustang as opposed to something else.
Old 12/15/04, 04:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by elvism@December 15, 2004, 5:23 PM
so, i'm ok with this since its being built this friday :angry: , right????????
Yes, I think.
Old 12/15/04, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

of course you guys are building cars right now, you are building all the December scheduled cars. Any stoppages you would not see until at least two weeks after the holds are placed.

You guys at the plant are building cars that were ordered in some cases in 10/04 11/04 and the first week of 12/04

The situation with IUP only affects all NEW orders taken at dealers as of 12/15.

p.s. I hope my car (a V6 manual with IUP) was one of the 6'rs you saw cross the production floor with IUP. I had a build date of 12/15 but it could have been built early, who knows.

:worship:
Old 12/15/04, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

If they would just have a package with the guages and such and no Mycolor I would be ok with that. I am not Jumping ship on the Mustang, just this Dealer. They have really f'd me around it seems like. So order date has nothing to do with this commodity? Just build date? Thanks again all and Paul.
Michael
Old 12/15/04, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Holy crap, SOOO glad I ordered when I did then. Talk about being saved by the bell.
Old 12/15/04, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 5:27 PM
The situation with IUP only affects all NEW orders taken at dealers as of 12/15.
From the way I read it I anything without a build date (scheduled) is delayed. Not orders taken past today. Please correct me if I'm wrong cause that means my car is going to be built on time.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled