Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/14, 11:09 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Paying property tax today... and appealing.
One parcel/tax lot is 5 acres - land value increased $7650 or 7.9%. Probably in line with valuations increasing this year.
Another adjoining parcel is 1 acre - land value increased $7650 or 30%.
Another adjoining parcel is 1 acre - land value increased $7650 or 30%.

7650 across the board regardless of acreage??

Looks like some a-hole at the County just pulled numbers out of their ***! And the County Commissioners are going to hear about it!
Old 11/15/14, 01:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'd love to have cable internet.
I have 3 internet services, cable, DSL, &fiber optic (ATT). Cable is fastest by far for the same price.
Old 11/15/14, 01:43 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by phiggs54
I have 3 internet services, cable, DSL, &fiber optic (ATT). Cable is fastest by far for the same price.
I only have the option of Sat (which I tried) and Cell modem. The cell modem works great but 5GB/mo limit sucks!
Old 11/15/14, 03:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Slept for 10.5 hours last night. Took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. And now I feel like falling asleep again. I think my body is going into hibernation.
Old 11/15/14, 03:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
maybe you are solar powered :P
Old 11/15/14, 03:54 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Like Philae

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/15/14 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11/15/14, 04:00 PM

Maybe I am. Haven't seen the sun in a while.
Old 11/15/14, 04:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Old 11/15/14, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Slept for 10.5 hours last night. Took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. And now I feel like falling asleep again. I think my body is going into hibernation.
Like your car. Just wake up in the spring time.
Old 11/15/14, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT
Like your car. Just wake up in the spring time.
I wish. Need a winter home in AZ.
Old 11/15/14, 09:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
places are cheap here
Old 11/15/14, 09:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
places are cheap here
TWSS
Old 11/16/14, 11:02 AM
Post *****

My F150 started leaking fuel out the bottom of the carb onto the manifold. At first I thought it was the float sticking so I tried some carb cleaner, light tapping on the side of the carb while idling, and then driving down a washboard road really fast. (Hey always try the easy way first!)

Next I planned on checking/adjusting the float by removing the top cover. And next would be a rebuild kit. Read online that leaking on this carb is usually the accelerator pump seals worn out. So I had a rebuild kit shipped in and hoped to replace just the pump by only removing the cover, but no go. Can't get the link from the pump to the throttle butterfly undone without removing the whole carb.

So removed it, brought it inside, only replaced the accelerator pump and gaskets rather than a full rebuild and redoing all the adjustments. The adjustments were fine before so why mess with it? One of the pump seals felt really dry and came off too easy so it appeared to be the source of the leaking.

Checked the float level - which I had to guess between experience and the specs from the directions... because the float on mine is a different shape than the one in the directions. Took the measurements in the directions to scale and extrapolated that to my float, keeping in mind the old rule of thumb of "turn the housing upside down and the seam on the float should be level with the housing". So my compromise guestimate is halfway between and slightly lower than being level with the housing. If I'm starving on fuel its easy to get to the float and adjust later, but since its winter and freezing out, I just need to get it running "good enough" (not leaking) for now. (Naturally this couldn't have happened when it was 80* out.)

Poured some fuel in, put the cover back on. By now its dark and I'm doing this via clamp on work light. Crawled in the engine bay (I love an I6!), bolted the carb back on with new fuel filter, hooked all the stuff up.

Drum roll........
YES!!! Fired right up! Good at idle, good on the highway, and no leaks!! Back on the road for winter!

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-f150-carb-rebuild1.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-f150-carb-rebuild4.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-f150-carb-rebuild5.jpg  
Old 11/16/14, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
My F150 started leaking fuel out the bottom of the carb onto the manifold. At first I thought it was the float sticking so I tried some carb cleaner, light tapping on the side of the carb while idling, and then driving down a washboard road really fast. (Hey always try the easy way first!) Next I planned on checking/adjusting the float by removing the top cover. And next would be a rebuild kit. Read online that leaking on this carb is usually the accelerator pump seals worn out. So I had a rebuild kit shipped in and hoped to replace just the pump by only removing the cover, but no go. Can't get the link from the pump to the throttle butterfly undone without removing the whole carb. So removed it, brought it inside, only replaced the accelerator pump and gaskets rather than a full rebuild and redoing all the adjustments. The adjustments were fine before so why mess with it? One of the pump seals felt really dry and came off too easy so it appeared to be the source of the leaking. Checked the float level - which I had to guess between experience and the specs from the directions... because the float on mine is a different shape than the one in the directions. Took the measurements in the directions to scale and extrapolated that to my float, keeping in mind the old rule of thumb of "turn the housing upside down and the seam on the float should be level with the housing". So my compromise guestimate is halfway between and slightly lower than being level with the housing. If I'm starving on fuel its easy to get to the float and adjust later, but since its winter and freezing out, I just need to get it running "good enough" (not leaking) for now. (Naturally this couldn't have happened when it was 80* out.) Poured some fuel in, put the cover back on. By now its dark and I'm doing this via clamp on work light. Crawled in the engine bay (I love an I6!), bolted the carb back on with new fuel filter, hooked all the stuff up. Drum roll........ YES!!! Fired right up! Good at idle, good on the highway, and no leaks!! Back on the road for winter! .

Nice! Good job!! Can you imagine me trying to track down a fuel leak with these EFI computer controlled engines?!
Old 11/16/14, 01:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
Nice! Good job!! Can you imagine me trying to track down a fuel leak with these EFI computer controlled engines?!
No kidding! Plus only cost me $23 bucks! I asked the guy at the O'Reilly counter if I was in the nostalgia section... huh? I said "I'm working on a carburetor".
Old 11/16/14, 01:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My F150 started leaking fuel out the bottom of the carb onto the manifold. At first I thought it was the float sticking so I tried some carb cleaner, light tapping on the side of the carb while idling, and then driving down a washboard road really fast. (Hey always try the easy way first!)

Next I planned on checking/adjusting the float by removing the top cover. And next would be a rebuild kit. Read online that leaking on this carb is usually the accelerator pump seals worn out. So I had a rebuild kit shipped in and hoped to replace just the pump by only removing the cover, but no go. Can't get the link from the pump to the throttle butterfly undone without removing the whole carb.

So removed it, brought it inside, only replaced the accelerator pump and gaskets rather than a full rebuild and redoing all the adjustments. The adjustments were fine before so why mess with it? One of the pump seals felt really dry and came off too easy so it appeared to be the source of the leaking.

Checked the float level - which I had to guess between experience and the specs from the directions... because the float on mine is a different shape than the one in the directions. Took the measurements in the directions to scale and extrapolated that to my float, keeping in mind the old rule of thumb of "turn the housing upside down and the seam on the float should be level with the housing". So my compromise guestimate is halfway between and slightly lower than being level with the housing. If I'm starving on fuel its easy to get to the float and adjust later, but since its winter and freezing out, I just need to get it running "good enough" (not leaking) for now. (Naturally this couldn't have happened when it was 80* out.)

Poured some fuel in, put the cover back on. By now its dark and I'm doing this via clamp on work light. Crawled in the engine bay (I love an I6!), bolted the carb back on with new fuel filter, hooked all the stuff up.

Drum roll........
YES!!! Fired right up! Good at idle, good on the highway, and no leaks!! Back on the road for winter!

I hate working on a carb, I'm no good at it. Gonna have to do something to the 70 soon, its leaking fuel when its cold but quits as soon as it warms up. Looks like its coming from the front bowl area.
Old 11/16/14, 01:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I hate working on a carb, I'm no good at it. Gonna have to do something to the 70 soon, its leaking fuel when its cold but quits as soon as it warms up. Looks like its coming from the front bowl area.
Could be where the fuel line attaches? I've had those leak before. Usually a metal line with a compression type fitting.

I realize yours is prob a 4 barrel, but see the green plastic thing in the pic? That holds and actuates the accelerator pump, and where the green thing goes to the right you can see that rectangle O-ring? That was really dried out and practically fell off.

I barely started the truck this summer, and usually I'd have to crank it 3 or 4 times because the fuel had evaporated out of the bowl, and the mechanical fuel pump would have to refill the bowl. Which I think dried that O-ring out. So I'm definitely going to start and at least drive it to the mailbox once a week this next summer.

If you're not starting the 70 very often, it might be that easy of an explanation... and fix. I didn't get into the jets or anything. Just replaced the accelerator pump and gaskets.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/16/14 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11/16/14, 01:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Could be where the fuel line attaches? I've had those leak before. Usually a metal line with a compression type fitting.

I realize yours is prob a 4 barrel, but see the green plastic thing in the pic? That holds and actuates the accelerator pump, and where the green thing goes to the right you can see that rectangle O-ring? That was really dried out and practically fell off.

I barely started the truck this summer, and usually I'd have to crank it 3 or 4 times because the fuel had evaporated out of the bowl, and the mechanical fuel pump would have to refill the bowl. Which I think dried that O-ring out. So I'm definitely going to start and at least drive it to the mailbox once a week this next summer.

If you're not starting the 70 very often, it might be that easy of an explanation... and fix. I didn't get into the jets or anything. Just replaced the accelerator pump and gaskets.
Yeah, its a gasket or O ring dried out from sitting I'm sure. I haven't really looked at it close yet, its not the fuel line (the hard line is gone, it was a 2bbl car originally but its got a Holley 4bbl on it now with a braided cover rubber line going to the carb.) I think its coming from that thing on the front bowl where the tube attaches that runs to the back bowl, but also may be leaking from that diaphragm thing on the bottom of the bowl where that red spring is in the pic.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/16/14 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11/16/14, 03:21 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
At a local dealership not sure this is worth it? It only has 52 miles on it? Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2895490987.jpg Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-3193384269.jpg Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2770146605.jpg
Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1499887368.jpg

Last edited by Mustang Freak; 11/16/14 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11/16/14, 03:35 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
, but also may be leaking from that diaphragm thing on the bottom of the bowl where that red spring is in the pic.
Diaphragm would probably be the accelerator pump? You know, provides the spray when you first hit the gas? I see the screws on the bottom corner for removing the diaphragm. (Similar to mine, except mine is on the inside). Pretty easy really.
So that has dual floats in the front and rear bowls right? That tube is the actual fuel line to the back bowl from that front inlet? The large brass nut is where the internal filter is right?
Never really worked on a Holley. My 442 had one like that but all I ever did was adjust it.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/16/14 at 03:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast