Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/22, 02:44 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by NC14GT
Next Covid pandemic and no one can leave their home. Just watch.... Road trips?? "NOPE, we can't let you go due to grid stress. Maybe next year when we decide you can leave." Frightening yet a very real scenario if this continues..
They tried that this last time if you remember....when it first came about I told the local PD to just wave at me as I drive by because I'm NOT staying home. People were printing out documents showing they were "essential workers", one of my guys got pulled over and was told he had to return home by a Deputy Sheriff.
Old 9/20/22, 03:01 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
They tried that this last time if you remember....when it first came about I told the local PD to just wave at me as I drive by because I'm NOT staying home. People were printing out documents showing they were "essential workers", one of my guys got pulled over and was told he had to return home by a Deputy Sheriff.
I was not aware of that. I guess we live in a different world here in western NC. Many folks were still not even wearing masks when grocery shopping at the height of the pandemic. The local sheriff said he was having no part in enforcing anything Covid related. I'd say 95% of the people that live here are armed. It makes a difference.
On the other side of the world,I made friends over the years with an Aussie in Adelaide (South Australia). It was strict, really strict. He didn't get to see his daughter for over a year in the next state in Melbourne (Victoria). Of course Aussies gave up their arms many years ago.

Last edited by NC14GT; 9/20/22 at 03:02 PM.
Old 9/20/22, 08:24 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
California was struggling with the grid before this push...Ohio has had trouble this year with demand on the grid. Even a caveman can see the problem on the horizon but our elected officials are dumber than a caveman(look up "Guam capsize" on youtube). . But what people in CA don't realize is that with an EV they have given up total control....grid stressed? Big brother can just turn off your EV and stop you from charging. This recently happened with smart thermostats somewhere...think it was Colorado but I could be mistaken. Electric vehicle fires can take 3000 gallons and 24 hours to extinguish a fire....but nobody is talking about that...
Yep, Imagine a Tesla Car Lot Fire! Or A Lot Full Of Ev School Busses!

How About in Your Garage! NO EV FOR ME!

KC

The Whole Story
Fully Involved Tesla Car Fire Takes 42 Minutes to Extinguish – Stamford Fire Department

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/20/22 at 08:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (9/21/22)
Old 9/20/22, 10:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Eduardo, I hope you made out ok down there with Fiona!
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yes!
I'm fine and thanks for asking As always electricity's out. Water was out for a day but thank God it was back in a day. Floods were insane on many cities. That Fiona sure took it's sweet time to gtfo of here. Sure brought back to mind the bad memories of Hurricane Maria almost 5 years ago. My generator's throwing a tantrum but as long as it runs, it will be used 'till it blows up lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by edumspeed:
m05fastbackGT (9/21/22), shaneyusa (9/21/22)
Old 9/21/22, 03:45 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
I'm fine and thanks for asking As always electricity's out. Water was out for a day but thank God it was back in a day. Floods were insane on many cities. That Fiona sure took it's sweet time to gtfo of here. Sure brought back to mind the bad memories of Hurricane Maria almost 5 years ago. My generator's throwing a tantrum but as long as it runs, it will be used 'till it blows up lol.
Glad to read that you are ok!
Old 9/21/22, 07:25 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by NC14GT
I was not aware of that. I guess we live in a different world here in western NC. Many folks were still not even wearing masks when grocery shopping at the height of the pandemic. The local sheriff said he was having no part in enforcing anything Covid related. I'd say 95% of the people that live here are armed. It makes a difference.
On the other side of the world,I made friends over the years with an Aussie in Adelaide (South Australia). It was strict, really strict. He didn't get to see his daughter for over a year in the next state in Melbourne (Victoria). Of course Aussies gave up their arms many years ago.
In my county they didn't pull that nonsense but in Jefferson County (Birmingham) they tried it. I think nearly 100% here are armed and we didn't have any real trouble but the media did a good job scaring people. I had to go into Walmart and they were enforcing the mask so I wore my Racing headsock and carried a 3 foot crowbar(aka Social distancing stick) and nobody said a word to me....they did avoid me and I did tell the girl at the pharmacy not to worry that I was paying for my stuff.

Australia went off the deep end and should be a wake up call for the rest of society on what the Gov't is capable of doing.

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Yep, Imagine a Tesla Car Lot Fire! Or A Lot Full Of Ev School Busses!

How About in Your Garage! NO EV FOR ME!

https://youtu.be/U-HN0MFO6I0

KC

The Whole Story
Fully Involved Tesla Car Fire Takes 42 Minutes to Extinguish – Stamford Fire Department
Where are the tree huggers up in arms over the pollution these fires spew into the atmosphere?!?

Good to hear, stay safe!
NC14GT (9/21/22)
Old 9/21/22, 07:41 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
My office gave us one of those letters. I miss the lack of traffic during covid, that's for sure!

So, did the Yeti move down there yet ?

Glad to hear from you and hopefully the power outage won't last as long as Maria!

Old 9/21/22, 07:48 AM
Service Manager

My office gave us one of those letters. I miss the lack of traffic during covid, that's for sure!

So, did the Yeti move down there yet ?

LOL, No...Yeti still lives in your neck of the woods. Trying to move to Florida though. We have closed the border so there can be no yeti sightings here.
Old 9/21/22, 07:58 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

LOL, No...Yeti still lives in your neck of the woods. Trying to move to Florida though. We have closed the border so there can be no yeti sightings here.
Sounds like she's still getting closer though! Btw.....you should see the parking lot here now. They put a Jewish deli in and the lot is even crazier than it used to be. Thankfully it is at the other end of the building so it's not as bad on my end. And it's almost the high holidays.......my favorite time of the year for the lot!

It's a crab cakes and cream of crab soup kind of dinner tonight...............don't be jealous
Old 9/21/22, 08:29 AM
Service Manager

Sounds like she's still getting closer though! Btw.....you should see the parking lot here now. They put a Jewish deli in and the lot is even crazier than it used to be. Thankfully it is at the other end of the building so it's not as bad on my end. And it's almost the high holidays.......my favorite time of the year for the lot!

It's a crab cakes and cream of crab soup kind of dinner tonight...............don't be jealous
Nah, Florida isn't a southern state...it's just lower New York/New Jersey..lol.

I can't imagine, the traffic up there is 100 times worse than I ever imagined it could be! You should set up a webcam!

I am Jealous!!!
Old 9/21/22, 08:44 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Nah, Florida isn't a southern state...it's just lower New York/New Jersey..lol.

I can't imagine, the traffic up there is 100 times worse than I ever imagined it could be! You should set up a webcam!

I am Jealous!!!
I scored some backfin for $15.99/lb at the grocery store. Wasn't advertised but there they were.............in all their glory............sitting in the seafood case. Four containers with a sign SAVE $23/lb. I had to get up real close like, and make sure I was reading that right, lol. Now those four containers are all mine! I mean, I wish they were jumbo lump, but I'll take backfin for that price!
Old 9/21/22, 11:18 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts

Wow, that is over the top. Out here in the West (Red States) we were not restricted. We could go anywhere, but not too many places were actually open or available early on. We did rent a motor home in Sept 2020 and drove to Minnesota to visit our daughter. Went to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, and other sites along the way. No issues at all. Did have to wear mask when went into public places, but other than that no big brother telling us what to do.

Sure sounds like things are in a huge mess. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Hope things get back to normal much quicker than last time.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 9/21/22 at 11:22 AM.
NC14GT (9/21/22)
Old 9/21/22, 11:28 AM
Service Manager

I scored some backfin for $15.99/lb at the grocery store. Wasn't advertised but there they were.............in all their glory............sitting in the seafood case. Four containers with a sign SAVE $23/lb. I had to get up real close like, and make sure I was reading that right, lol. Now those four containers are all mine! I mean, I wish they were jumbo lump, but I'll take backfin for that price!
NICE! I haven't had crab meat in almost a year but vacation is coming soon!

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Wow, that is over the top. Out here in the West (Red States) we were not restricted. We could go anywhere, but not too many places were actually open or available early on. We did rent a motor home in Sept 2020 and drove to Minnesota to visit our daughter. Went to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, and other sites along the way. No issues at all. Did have to wear mask when went into public places, but other than that no big brother telling us what to do.

Sure sounds like things are in a huge mess. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Hope things get back to normal much quicker than last time.
They "Tried" to tell us what we could and couldn't do but nobody listened. Out here in the country we really don't get told what to do, that's mostly the dem controlled bigger cities....we just don't spend our money there and they can pack sand.
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
NC14GT (9/21/22), shaneyusa (9/21/22)
Old 9/21/22, 12:56 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Also glad that your okay as well
Old 9/21/22, 02:19 PM

Hang in there!

KC
Old 10/31/22, 05:07 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey y'all hows everybody been? It's been a long time since i been on here
Old 10/31/22, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Hey y'all hows everybody been? It's been a long time since i been on here
We The Few the Proud and The Getting Older Bunch are Trying to Keep the Boat Afloat!

Put Your Life Jacket on and Dive in!

KC
Old 10/31/22, 06:17 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We The Few the Proud and The Getting Older Bunch are Trying to Keep the Boat Afloat!

Put Your Life Jacket on and Dive in!

KC
Its actually nice to see some of the older ones are still here.
Old 10/31/22, 08:58 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Its actually nice to see some of the older ones are still here.
Yup! Some of us older ones are still hanging around
Old 11/1/22, 06:53 AM
Service Manager

Hanging in there and still around...

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast