Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/14 | 07:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I can relate. Years back after my stallion incident, my R hand & wrist didn't work for months. Writing checks for monthly bills left handed was a real project.
And barely readable for sure.
I broke my right wrist years ago so was a lefty for a few months lol
Old 3/21/14 | 07:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by ford20
I am ambidextrous and can write upside down ..... even if it does take me 12 minutes to write a sentence lol
I do a lot of presentations at work in a one on one setting sitting across a table. I've learned to just write upside down so they can see it.
Old 3/21/14 | 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
and I forgot to add, I can do it in like 15sec or less depending on how wordy I get
Well I'll be dammed if you didn't win the multi handed contest sir!

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I'm blonde at heart but not that stupid

There was that one time though that you ..... I should probably stop

I can relate. Years back after my stallion incident, my R hand & wrist didn't work for months. Writing checks for monthly bills left handed was a real project.
And barely readable for sure.
Hahaha that's the same for me! Usually when I write upside down though it's because boxes come in upside down and I am too lazy to turn them around so it's easier to do it that way lol

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I do a lot of presentations at work in a one on one setting sitting across a table. I've learned to just write upside down so they can see it.
Now I feel less cool ... Oh well, plenty of company though

Last edited by ford20; 3/21/14 at 08:05 PM.
Old 3/21/14 | 08:06 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Old 3/21/14 | 08:06 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by ford20
Now I feel less cool ... Oh well, plenty of company though
Mostly I do it to show off

It usually impresses the clients
Old 3/21/14 | 08:31 PM
Post *****

During my investment sales years, I got pretty good at reading upside down as the material was presented across the table to clients.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/21/14 at 08:39 PM.
Old 3/21/14 | 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch

There's a guy at work who can write upside down, backwards, or pretty much any way you can think of. Just don't get cornered by him cause he'll talk your ear off about the most random obscure facts you never knew existed.
Stop bragging on yourself
Old 3/21/14 | 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Ha, you'll never find me talking someone's ear off. Probably ever.
Old 3/21/14 | 09:18 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Hey Patrick

I'm in H town

Wassup?!?!?
Old 3/21/14 | 09:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
And you're surprised?
Not really. I'm left handed too.

During my investment sales years, I got pretty good at reading upside down as the material was presented across the table to clients.

I can read upside down well too.
Old 3/21/14 | 10:01 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Hey Patrick I'm in H town Wassup?!?!?
Did you forget someone?
Old 3/21/14 | 10:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Did you forget someone?
I didn't know you were on TMS right now

I only said it to Patrick because he had just posted
Old 3/21/14 | 10:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Well the yard is starting to grow quickly and I'm still sans mower after the incident. Went to look at some today and I felt even more sick than I did when the other one got toasted.

Went to the Cub dealer and basically a current model that is the equivalent of the one I had, $5900 msrp. It does have more options than were available when my other one came out, but as far as mechanics, build, frame, driveline, etc. its the closest thing to what my old one was. But being so much newer I still have doubts that it will be as well built as the old one.
Old 3/21/14 | 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Well the yard is starting to grow quickly and I'm still sans mower after the incident. Went to look at some today and I felt even more sick than I did when the other one got toasted.

Went to the Cub dealer and basically a current model that is the equivalent of the one I had, $5900 msrp. It does have more options than were available when my other one came out, but as far as mechanics, build, frame, driveline, etc. its the closest thing to what my old one was. But being so much newer I still have doubts that it will be as well built as the old one.
I haven't seen our lawn since november.

But yikes!
Old 3/21/14 | 10:18 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

I didn't know you were on TMS right now I only said it to Patrick because he had just posted
Ya ya,... I see how it is!

Are you still in town?
Old 3/21/14 | 10:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Ya ya,... I see how it is! Are you still in town?
Here till Sunday

Last volleyball tournament of the year

Yay
Old 3/21/14 | 10:42 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I wondered...
I keep thinking I should get a rider/bagger, then water, and at least generate some grass for horses because the price is going to be beyond stupid this year. But anything I cut would be a drop in the bucket for what I need each year (35 ton for 12 months). Too many trees, too much shade, too cold at night (only 1/2 acre has grass/weeds). Either way I'm screwed. Unless I start carvin steaks.
I hope Yellen is as generous for the stock market as Bernanke was.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/21/14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 3/21/14 | 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I wondered...
I keep thinking I should get a rider/bagger, then water, and at least generate some grass for horses because the price is going to be beyond stupid this year. But anything I cut would be a drop in the bucket for what I need each year (35 ton for 12 months). Too many trees, too much shade, too cold at night (only 1/2 acre has grass/weeds). Either way I'm screwed. Unless I start carvin steaks.
I hope Yellen is as generous for the stock market as Bernanke was.
Most people react with shock when you tell them how much one of these Cubs are at the dealer, and usually say that Home Depot sells them much cheaper (1/3 the price) and will buy one there and think they are saving money. Yes, they do. But they're not the same mower, even if it has the same size cut and the same HP.

The ones HD sells are made for them and everything about them is smaller, lighter, and cheaper.

Every single piece of the ones at the dealer is bigger, stronger and more heavy duty. I know people that have bought mowers at the big box stores (Cub, John Deere, etc) and they literally fall apart in 5 years on a big yard, engines, differential/trans, deck rusting out, etc. The one I had that burned was almost 20 years old and as rock solid as new.

The box store ones have thin frames, the deck is a single stamped piece of 14 gauge metal with no grease fittings, tiny aluminum belt driven diff/trans that isn't serviceable, and the engines are light duty regardless of the HP rating, even the Kohler in them is a lightweight version called the Courage. A brand new one is about $700. Very few grease fittings, etc.

The ones from the Cub dealer like I'm looking at have a massive C section welded frame, Kohler Command Pro engine (they're about $1400 new) with automotive style filter, oil pump, etc, the deck is fabricated instead of stamped, of welded 11 gauge steel, 1 inch shaft drive with a huge cast iron diff/tranny that holds 6 quarts of fluid with a spin on automotive type oil filter (diff looks like a 9in Ford of lawn mowers, lol) grease fittings all over the place (every wheel, steering sector, front axle, all pulleys on the deck have one, even the anti scalping wheels on the deck have them), 4 automotive type ball joints on the front end, cast iron front axle, etc.

Just to give you an idea of the difference in the way they are built and the materials used, the big box store Cub with the same size cut weighs 490lbs. The one from the Cub dealer weighs over 800lbs.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/21/14 at 11:19 PM.
Old 3/21/14 | 11:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The one I'm looking at does have more stuff than the one I had, but the mechanical/frame basics are the equivalent of it. Its got power steering, disc brakes, power deck height adjustment on the fly at the touch of a switch, tilt steering wheel, adjustable seat, cup holder, storage compartment, 12V outlet, 25 amp alternator, etc.
Old 3/21/14 | 11:34 PM

No supercharger?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast