Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/14, 07:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
All turbulence is, is a change in the motion of an air pocket and while it can be severe at times it is often harmless to the airplane it's self. In all honesty a bolt of lightning hitting the plane will do more harm then flying through turbulence. But because turbulence is such a disturbance to passengers airlines do their best to avoid it at all times.
It's horrifying to someone who's already scared of flying.
Old 3/18/14, 08:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
This whole search for the missing jet is a giant clusterfark. The Malaysian government and people handling this are so full of ****, they know a hell of a lot more than what they're sharing with people that are trying to help them.
I can understand some of it, because they don't want people to know the capabilities of their radar systems, but it's getting out of hand.

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
And on that note . . . . .

Scott and I may try and secure a TMS Hospitality Room for the 50th Anniversary in Charlotte (drinks and snacks) for Friday April 17th from 3pm-5pm at the Embassy Suites in Concord. The room may not be available and we weren't sure of interest so I wanted to post and gauge reception before final booking.

So . . . . any interest?
If you two can drag me out of my drunken state to the room, then sure.

Originally Posted by Scothew
can we change our room to Vegas???

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I will never fly again either. My dad keeps trying to convince me to fly to Charlotte, and I'm just like no way in hell!
flying is awesome. One day I'll get rich and buy a plane. Would you go flying then?
Old 3/18/14, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn

flying is awesome. One day I'll get rich and buy a plane. Would you go flying then?
No.
Old 3/18/14, 08:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
You're preaching to the choir

I'm beyond broke and ready to just scream ...
Establish credit. Use it perfectly and you have access to cheap money (for worthwhile purposes only!) for growing your future.
Old 3/18/14, 08:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Flying yourself is not the same as flying commercially. Besides, the average idiot on the road might be more likely to die in a car crash, but I/we are not the average idiot on the road. I've been in so many close calls, that any average idiot would've turned into a crash, that I've lost count. Close calls, that could've probably been fatal. But I am an above average driver, with above average situational awareness, with above average car control. I've only been in one, low speed accident, which was not my fault. The only option was to be t-boned. I still look both ways at railroad crossings and intersections, even if the light has been green, because I'm expecting a police chase or texting idiot to come smashing across the crossing, at any moment.

Trust me, I just don't want to go through the hassle of the airport and not being in control of the plane. I'm not afraid of flying. In fact I've always wanted to be a pilot. I just don't trust the TSA or FAA. Nor do I trust any of the world's governments ability to find me if my plane is hijacked!!!
Old 3/18/14, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Flying yourself is not the same as flying commercially. Besides, the average idiot on the road might be more likely to die in a car crash, but I/we are not the average idiot on the road. I've been in so many close calls, that any average idiot would've turned into a crash, that I've lost count. Close calls, that could've probably been fatal. But I am an above average driver, with above average situational awareness, with above average car control. I've only been in one, low speed accident, which was not my fault. The only option was to be t-boned. I still look both ways at railroad crossings and intersections, even if the light has been green, because I'm expecting a police chase or texting idiot to come smashing across the crossing, at any moment. Trust me, I just don't want to go through the hassle of the airport and not being in control of the plane. I'm not afraid of flying. In fact I've always wanted to be a pilot. I just don't trust the TSA or FAA. Nor do I trust any of the world's governments ability to find me if my plane is hijacked!!!
Don't jinx yourself now.....
Old 3/18/14, 08:30 PM
Post *****

I'll get you a money plant for you birthday.
Unless you're hitting crazy turbulence and the plane is swaying back and forth.
Don't all our cars sway back and forth on two lane twisties with hoop d'hoops? Many with steep cliffs? And Mr. Flatlander , don't tell me how great a driver you are compared to professional drivers.

Your plane is piloted by professionals who are extremely familiar with turbulence - as are Boeing engineers & designers...

That is all.
Old 3/18/14, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Don't all our cars sway back and forth on two lane twisties with hoop d'hoops? Many with steep cliffs? And Mr. Flatlander , don't tell me how great a driver you are compared to professional drivers.

Your plane is piloted by professionals who are extremely familiar with turbulence - as are Boeing engineers & designers...

That is all.
You aren't going to change my mind.
Old 3/18/14, 08:33 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by ford20
In all honesty a bolt of lightning hitting the plane will do more harm then flying through turbulence. .
Thankfully they have ground rods. To the ground. Through those rods on barn roofs.

Old 3/18/14, 08:34 PM
Post *****

You aren't going to change my mind.
I'm not trying to. I'm exposing your failure of reasoning Mr. College degree.
Old 3/18/14, 08:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
flying is awesome.
Yeah it is. And as much as I love jets, I really dig helicopter rides!
Old 3/18/14, 08:37 PM

I'm not trying to. I'm exposing your failure of reasoning Mr. College degree.
I said it before! You can't reason with an irrational mind!

I'm done.
Old 3/18/14, 08:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I'm hoping Fargo on FX turns out to be good, because SOA and Justified are going away, and The Americans is alright, but its not great. Hoping FX comes up with some good stuff to replace those that are leaving.
Old 3/18/14, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Don't jinx yourself now.....
Ha almost got t-boned between the restaurant where I posted that and home. If I hadn't been speeding in my Mustang (since I just picked it up after not driving it for over a week) they would've gotten me. But thankfully I just steered around them, as I always do. ******* drivers around here
Old 3/18/14, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Thank you for never making me want to fly again
Have fun taking a boat for when you go to Alaska one day
It's horrifying to someone who's already scared of flying.
I can imagine that, what about sleeping pills before you go on a plane.

Also, why are we trying to convince you to go on a plane?
Yeah it is. And as much as I love jets, I really dig helicopter rides!
I have never been in a helicopter but they seem pretty awesome! It's cool to go down to the city on the West side where they do the helicopter tours and you stand there and watch them take off and then rotate while they are still climbing lol.
Old 3/18/14, 10:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

And on that note . . . . .

Scott and I may try and secure a TMS Hospitality Room for the 50th Anniversary in Charlotte (drinks and snacks) for Friday April 17th from 3pm-5pm at the Embassy Suites in Concord. The room may not be available and we weren't sure of interest so I wanted to post and gauge reception before final booking.

So . . . . any interest?
Count me in for dat. I'll pitch in for the cost
Old 3/18/14, 10:57 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
don't worry, should covered
Old 3/18/14, 11:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
don't worry, should covered
Dont let know
Old 3/19/14, 04:36 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
If there is only a few people interested (assuming rooms are still available) we can forgo the hospitality room and hang out in one of our rooms for a bit, or by the bar(s) in the hotel.
Old 3/19/14, 04:37 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Establish credit. Use it perfectly and you have access to cheap money (for worthwhile purposes only!) for growing your future.
I have a good credit score, just don't have enough credit history, I really don't see the point of having more then one credit card..and I have my car loan. I think that's more then enough

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast