Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/10, 08:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I hate MUD!!! There has been 5+ inches of rain falling on us and I need to get the car into my little garage. So, do I drive through 3+ inches of mud to get there or do I just lift up the hood and remove stuff in the rain. Decisions, decisions...

Hmmm... drying me off sounds better than scraping mud out of the wheel wells and tires.
Old 3/15/10, 09:56 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I hate MUD!!! There has been 5+ inches of rain falling on us and I need to get the car into my little garage. So, do I drive through 3+ inches of mud to get there or do I just lift up the hood and remove stuff in the rain. Decisions, decisions...

Hmmm... drying me off sounds better than scraping mud out of the wheel wells and tires.
That's the weather we had Saturday and then it headed your way. It did nothing but pour all day Saturday and the winds were howling too. We had a little bit of rain yesterday and this morning. I am sooooo ready for the sun and spring!
Old 3/15/10, 10:28 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hey man, for some of us, we put down deep roots for complex reasons. And familiarity serves to offset being alone.

Our home is not a house, not a get rich (or not) vehicle - its a lifestyle, a safe haven, a family (even after kids grow up), a living memory of all we hold dear, our only private world in a too busy and over populated civilization, a living breathing thing that is a part of us and we are a part of, our own personal museum, and a life experience that is alive and well. Sadly, no one will cherish it like we do.

To move her puts her square in the reality that she's entering her last phase, and that probably the next strange place she's moved to that isn't her beloved home, will be a nursing home and facing her final days. uckafa that!

Any house can be fixed or rebuilt correctly and up to standard so it lasts (and provide a reasonable return over the long haul) and saves you from repeated duct tape & bailin' wire repairs eow.

Thanx for helping her. Good job! But for the full picture & understanding, walk awhile in her shoes, look thru her eyes. You'll know what to do. And how to develop even more patience & perserverence than you have now.

(Lord knows your days [like all of ours] are zoomin' by and you'll be there sooner than you think!)

All agreed Charlie, This house if far more to her than just a place to sleep at night. She raised two children there, watched her husband rebuild the whole home over the years he was alive. She also watched him die in that home. She cared for all 4 of her grandchildren in that home & 4 of her great grandchildren as well. I will never be able to understand everything that it means to her and what she has gone through in that house. There are a lot of happy and sad times that house has seen in the past 50+ years. I can't and would never ask her to give any of that up.

The issue comes to this. The house in is serious disrepair and she does not have the money to fix the things it desperately needs. The walls leak, yes right through the siding through the horse hair plaster to the wall paper, the front porch is pulling away from the house and cannot be walked on. The septic system is full and has been there as long as she has owned the house. The state will not let her fix it & it will cost 20k+ to have it hooked up to city sewer and have the old system removed. She can't flush the toilet more than twice a day and can never take a shower. The windows are all rotting and the sills are crumbling. The basement has flooded 5 times that I can think of with 6+ inches or water. Not to mention that every time it rains she gets some amount of waster, just not enough to get the kitchen floor wet.

If the funds do not exist to get everything taken care of then what do you do? It's not about getting her out of the house for my convince because I no longer want to care for it. It's because she nor I have the funds or means to take care of it. You can't continue to live in a home that is falling apart around you and has reached a point where it has become unsafe.

For those reasons and those alone I ask her to move to a safe place where at 86 she does not have to worry about maintaining that house, mowing the lawns, having the walkways & driveway shoveled, not having to clean up after a flood. She has worked very hard through her life and I believe that she can take all of the memories that home has provided for her over the years with her to a safer home. I'm not asking her to move into assisted living, she by no means needs that. She still to this day works 4 days a week at the senior center making lunches.

So yes, I understand everything you are saying and could not agree more. But there is a lot more to the story than me just trying to get her out of the house or something that can be fixed with a lil paint and plaster.
Old 3/15/10, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
That's the weather we had Saturday and then it headed your way. It did nothing but pour all day Saturday and the winds were howling too. We had a little bit of rain yesterday and this morning. I am sooooo ready for the sun and spring!
We're on our 3rd and final day of rain. The good part is the rest of the week gets better!

Old 3/15/10, 11:47 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey Family looking Great !
Does it print money ?

Thanks Ed.

Yeah it does print money!

Old 3/15/10, 12:03 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Don't forget they require a $35 data fee so your bill is gonna go up!

You'll also need a gmail email address, so have that ready too. The will need it to set up your phone. Your calendar, phone book, and market purchases all get synced/stored with the email address.
Didn't know that. Never had gmail before. I'll see if I can work out some sort of deal with my dad for the extra data fee since all our phones go through his store. Having the internet at my hands means a lot to me though, as well as my mom.

Lots of mud here too. Our driveway is full over muddy water that won't dry up because the ground is still frozen. I have no choice but to druve through it with my nice clean car today.
Old 3/15/10, 12:13 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I can't wait to see the sun =)
Old 3/15/10, 12:18 PM

Man that looks nice!! Supposed to be similar here for the rest of the week except saturday there's a chance of snow.
Old 3/15/10, 12:21 PM

I really do need a new phone though. I just tried texting my sister and it turned off on me. It's not the battery. It has something to do with the flip part of the phone.
Old 3/15/10, 12:25 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I'm really, really ready for the nice weather.
Old 3/15/10, 12:26 PM

Me too. Hopefully I get home early enough from work to give my sawdusted-notch a bath.
Old 3/15/10, 12:53 PM

I'm glad the rest of the week will be nice. I get to keep my car until Friday! WooHoo!
Old 3/15/10, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I really do need a new phone though. I just tried texting my sister and it turned off on me. It's not the battery. It has something to do with the flip part of the phone.
Well, get your **** on over the Verizon and see what they got!
Old 3/15/10, 01:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
All agreed Charlie,
So yes, I understand everything you are saying and could not agree more. But there is a lot more to the story than me just trying to get her out of the house or something that can be fixed with a lil paint and plaster.
I see... and I'm not preachin'... just a reminder how important our homes are to some of us. Too bad its crumbling around her.
And even the bad memories that she's worked through and healed from are part of the character of our 'living' homes. I'm sure I'll be more difficult than my dad was in making that decision when it comes time to move me to town in about 50 years. The difference being he had us kids so I'm not sure how its going to play out for me but that's a long way away.
Old 3/15/10, 01:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sup ladies?
Old 3/15/10, 01:19 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I see... and I'm not preachin'... just a reminder how important our homes are to some of us. Too bad its crumbling around her.
And even the bad memories that she's worked through and healed from are part of the character of our 'living' homes. I'm sure I'll be more difficult than my dad was in making that decision when it comes time to move me to town in about 50 years. The difference being he had us kids so I'm not sure how its going to play out for me but that's a long way away.
No worries, never thought you were. You made a very valid point, It's just tough to see her home in the state it is in and know that she just want's to live in her family's home. Yet it has reached the point where it just can't support her.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sup ladies?
look who's talking.

Old 3/15/10, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sup ladies?
Gramps!
Old 3/15/10, 04:36 PM

I'm glad the rest of the week will be nice. I get to keep my car until Friday! WooHoo!
That's gonna be sad to see it go. If I were you I'd be out there driving every second you get.

Well, get your **** on over the Verizon and see what they got!
Maybe my dad will go with me. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

Work sucked. Curse the idiot who decided shoe boxes should have a slippery coating. They're impossible to move and stack without falling over again and again and making a huge mess. Got the notch running outside. Time for a bath finally. I can't believe how dusty she is!
Old 3/15/10, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
That's gonna be sad to see it go. If I were you I'd be out there driving every second you get.

Maybe my dad will go with me. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

Work sucked. Curse the idiot who decided shoe boxes should have a slippery coating. They're impossible to move and stack without falling over again and again and making a huge mess. Got the notch running outside. Time for a bath finally. I can't believe how dusty she is!
I'm going to try and put a few hundred miles on it the next few days. I'll just be driving around aimlessly. I thought it was going back tomorrow, but I looked in my sig and saw I had a few more days. Once i'm in a new job and stable, i'll be ordering an '11. Just gotta decide on Red Candy or Grabber Blue.
Old 3/15/10, 04:44 PM

Insurance renewal came in today too. $618 for the Mustang. Not bad.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast