Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/10, 02:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Whatever's wrong with my phone has something to do with the flip part of it. I move it at all, and it turns itself off and one again. From looking around, the nexus one looks perfect, but verizon is being a pain about releasing it. Next on the list would be the droid, which has some pretty sweet deals right now. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
I've rooted my Droid and have it overclocked from 550 mhz to 1250 mhz. Nice and fast now!

The HTC incredible is coming soon too! 1gig snapdragon processor (same as nexus) which is scaled back to 768. Android 2.1 installed too. (Droid is still on 2.0.1 but i'm rooted with 2.1) Also has an 8 meg camera. Rumored to be released in April, or as late as May.

Nexus is also made by HTC.
Old 3/14/10, 02:50 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
cool deal Chris!
Old 3/14/10, 03:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OMG just saw this on POTR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFKQKtrjyxY

https://themustangsource.com/showpos...ostcount=31851
Old 3/14/10, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Interesting sorta article ?

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/...who-you-think/
Old 3/14/10, 05:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
hey guys, whats up.

Havn't been on much but I built myself a new computer about a week and a half ago. A nice quad core i5 pc with 4 gigs ram and a 1gb gts250 video card.

Working on a lot of 3d modeling and the new pc does everything exceptionally well!
Awesome Chris!!
Originally Posted by denlem
I've rooted my Droid and have it overclocked from 550 mhz to 1250 mhz. Nice and fast now!

The HTC incredible is coming soon too! 1gig snapdragon processor (same as nexus) which is scaled back to 768. Android 2.1 installed too. (Droid is still on 2.0.1 but i'm rooted with 2.1) Also has an 8 meg camera. Rumored to be released in April, or as late as May.

Nexus is also made by HTC.
What do you mean by rooted and overclocked? I don't understand much of the deep technical talk. I heard about the incredible. Also supposed to have 720p recording. I can't wait that long though. My phone is about gone, and I need something really soon, so I may end up with the droid. I was looking on youtube for videos from the nexus and the droid, and the droid had way better sound quality. Something I'd like. Do you know when the droid is supposed to get updated to the 2.1? How does that work? Do you have to pay extra for it or does it just automatically come?

63 degrees today! GT is nice and shiny again, but the paint feels like sand paper, and there's some pretty big chips on the hood that I noticed.
Old 3/14/10, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Use a clay bar on it, that'll make it slick as a sheet of glass. Or as my metal fab teacher used to say slicker than greased owl sh**

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 3/14/10 at 06:18 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 07:31 PM

What do you mean by rooted and overclocked? I don't understand much of the deep technical talk. I heard about the incredible. Also supposed to have 720p recording. I can't wait that long though. My phone is about gone, and I need something really soon, so I may end up with the droid. I was looking on youtube for videos from the nexus and the droid, and the droid had way better sound quality. Something I'd like. Do you know when the droid is supposed to get updated to the 2.1? How does that work? Do you have to pay extra for it or does it just automatically come?

63 degrees today! GT is nice and shiny again, but the paint feels like sand paper, and there's some pretty big chips on the hood that I noticed.
Rooted means you gain root acccess to the phone instead of being locked out of it and limited to what they want you to do. Overclocked is like overclocking your computer. You make the processor run faster than what it's rated for. Since you not the techno type, I doubt you would do these things. Plus it voids your warranty.

The Droid does have excellent sound quality. Speaker on it is loud too, so when you play Slacker radio or Pandora, you can actually hear it!

2.1 was supposed to be out in January. I don't know why it was delayed, but I know i'm running a mosified copy of what we were supposed to get.

Overall, nice phone, excellent screen, decent video, lousy camera and keyboard.
Old 3/14/10, 07:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I love DST.

That is all.
Old 3/14/10, 07:53 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I love DST.

That is all.
The only thing is, after several months of having Happy Hour in the dark, today I'm feelin' like an alkie drinking in the daylight!

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/14/10 at 07:54 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 07:55 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I love DST.

That is all.
+1
Old 3/14/10, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Use a clay bar on it, that'll make it slick as a sheet of glass. Or as my metal fab teacher used to say slicker than greased owl sh**
Ya, I'll give it a full detail once I'm sure spring is here. There's pretty much no snow left at all. Just a few big piles in parking lots and stuff. Only a week ago the snowmobilers were out. I'm loving it!

Originally Posted by denlem
Rooted means you gain root acccess to the phone instead of being locked out of it and limited to what they want you to do. Overclocked is like overclocking your computer. You make the processor run faster than what it's rated for. Since you not the techno type, I doubt you would do these things. Plus it voids your warranty.

The Droid does have excellent sound quality. Speaker on it is loud too, so when you play Slacker radio or Pandora, you can actually hear it!

2.1 was supposed to be out in January. I don't know why it was delayed, but I know i'm running a mosified copy of what we were supposed to get.

Overall, nice phone, excellent screen, decent video, lousy camera and keyboard.
Ok thanks! I'll probably go to the store sometime this week and see how I like it. If all works out, I'm gonna try to get one for me and my mom.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
+1
+2!
Old 3/14/10, 09:00 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Introducing the newest member to the family, Charles David

he was born at 10:19 AM on 3/11 he was 7lbs 14oz and 20.5 inches long
Congrats!!!!! thats very exciting. Hope mom is doing well too!!!

Quite a day we had here. At 6:30 this morning we got a phone call, my 86 y/o grandmothers basement flooded. She had a 50+ y/o pedestal pump that quit on her so I went over and installed a new 1/2 hp submerged pump. Now it flows twice the water and wont overheat cuz it covered in the well.

I was there doing that all day left there around 1pm and then just got back home again after it started raining hard again. She had more water coming up through the floor. She lives in a 100+ y/o house with a flagstone foundation. She really needs to move out but is just too stubborn and refuses to listen to family. So not much we can do but help her when she need it.

Oh well very long day and it's not supposed to stop here until late tomorrow I just hope I don't have to drive back over it's 45 min away on all back country roads the like to flood.

On a positive note I went to the Word of Wheels show in Boston. The show was pretty much all rice as it usually is. I haven't been in quite a few years because of that but figured I would give it a shot again.

The cool thing was, they had 5 front engine dragsters there. 3 of Don Garlits's Swamp Rats, Connie Kalitta's Bounty Hunter & 1 of Don Prudhomme's. I figured I would share the pics I took with my BB.

I love these cars, I wish I had been around in there hay day and gotten to see them match race across the country.

BTW The tinted lights for the Mustang are still sitting here, with the rain all weekend and no room in the garage to put the car I have not gotten them Installed. I hope I will have time next weekend to do it.

Last edited by 07S197; 3/14/10 at 09:05 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 09:23 PM

Sweet pics Jim! The world of wheels was here a few weeks ago, but I missed it.
Old 3/14/10, 09:27 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
She lives in a 100+ y/o house with a flagstone foundation. She really needs to move out but is just too stubborn and refuses to listen to family.
Hey man, for some of us, we put down deep roots for complex reasons. And familiarity serves to offset being alone.

Our home is not a house, not a get rich (or not) vehicle - its a lifestyle, a safe haven, a family (even after kids grow up), a living memory of all we hold dear, our only private world in a too busy and over populated civilization, a living breathing thing that is a part of us and we are a part of, our own personal museum, and a life experience that is alive and well. Sadly, no one will cherish it like we do.

To move her puts her square in the reality that she's entering her last phase, and that probably the next strange place she's moved to that isn't her beloved home, will be a nursing home and facing her final days. uckafa that!

Any house can be fixed or rebuilt correctly and up to standard so it lasts (and provide a reasonable return over the long haul) and saves you from repeated duct tape & bailin' wire repairs eow.

Thanx for helping her. Good job! But for the full picture & understanding, walk awhile in her shoes, look thru her eyes. You'll know what to do. And how to develop even more patience & perserverence than you have now.

(Lord knows your days [like all of ours] are zoomin' by and you'll be there sooner than you think!)

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/14/10 at 10:00 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 11:14 PM

Really slow around here. So glad I don't have school tomorrow.
Old 3/14/10, 11:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://m.jalopnik.com/site?sid=jalop...efId%3D5491850
Old 3/14/10, 11:41 PM

I think they actually succeeded in making a prius look worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8kHOW4gAI
Old 3/15/10, 12:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I think they actually succeeded in making a prius look worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8kHOW4gAI
Why were you searching for Prius vids? Been in the closet this whole time? Acting like you hate them to cover your secret desire?

And LOL at the D-bag trying to open the door on it.
Old 3/15/10, 12:03 AM

Was watching the Jeremy Clarkson one again. It was in the suggestions on the side.

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c...26086&id=16755 Someone needs to have some sense knocked into them.
Old 3/15/10, 06:53 AM

Ok thanks! I'll probably go to the store sometime this week and see how I like it. If all works out, I'm gonna try to get one for me and my mom.
Don't forget they require a $35 data fee so your bill is gonna go up!

You'll also need a gmail email address, so have that ready too. The will need it to set up your phone. Your calendar, phone book, and market purchases all get synced/stored with the email address.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast