Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/10, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry for your familys loss Nathan what religion there be left in me my thoughts have been with since you told us about her, I know she had to have been glag to be at home again. Were all flowers ourselves wilting awY at differnt speeds.
Old 4/23/10, 12:49 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
I am now a Ford Salesman.... Starting Monday. I will be able to be around and drive all the great fords(5.0 ). Anyone in Chicago area will have to come buy from me once i am out of training.
Do I see or hear of discounts for TMS/MCTC members??
Old 4/23/10, 01:01 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well guys I am outta here. Time for me to go to bed.
Old 4/23/10, 01:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am now a Ford Salesman.... Starting Monday. I will be able to be around and drive all the great fords(5.0 ). Anyone in Chicago area will have to come buy from me once i am out of training.
how do you become a salesman? I'm curious

Sorry for your loss Nathan I remember once I saw one of my dogs die right in front of me.

Tragic

Last edited by Knight Rider; 4/23/10 at 01:15 PM.
Old 4/23/10, 02:17 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Just remember that it was for the best Nathan. She is no longer in pain and having to take meds. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family for having to make this decision.
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
You did the right thing. As hard as it was, it was still the right thing. I'm sad for you

Congrats!
Originally Posted by codeman94
Sorry to hear nathan. Such a tough thing to go through. Look at the bright side. It wasn't a tragic unexpected loss.. it was just time.
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Sorry for your familys loss Nathan what religion there be left in me my thoughts have been with since you told us about her, I know she had to have been glag to be at home again. Were all flowers ourselves wilting awY at differnt speeds.
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
how do you become a salesman? I'm curious

Sorry for your loss Nathan I remember once I saw one of my dogs die right in front of me.
Tragic
Thanks so much guys. I am glad that I had the chance to say goodbye to her. I was right by her side as she fell asleep. I didn't get to say that to any of our other pets in the past. We're gonna bury her in our front yard under the lilac bush. I want to make some sort of a nice little memorial there.

Congrats Chris!
Old 4/23/10, 02:49 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
She's in heaven now. I miss her so much.
I'm sorry my friend But I do think you did it right. If I were ever in such a situation i hope that whoevers around will have the strength to do the right thing as you did.

keep your mind on all the wonderful years of friendship you had, and you'll always be able to curl a smile

my thoughts are with you and your family

Congrats Chris we're gonna expect some quality TMS approved reviews of every car you get behind the wheel of
Old 4/23/10, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

There be another working girl on John St. again always on a Friday ? Payday for some to
Old 4/23/10, 03:59 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 4/23/10, 04:02 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry Nathan, but it probably was the best thing to do for her. We're all here for you if you need anything.

congrats Chris!
Old 4/23/10, 04:06 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Man I know it is not the easiest decision to make. I had to make that same decision on July 4th 2008 when I had our old stallion put to sleep. He was 24 years old and he was family. He taught the wife and I more in the 4 years than anybody else did. Right before we called the vet out he was telling myself as well as the wife that it was time for him to go. We tried all we could to get him feeling better for 2 weeks at least but there wasnt anything else we could do. We know in our hearts that what we did was the right choice. We didnt want him to suffer thru the pain any longer. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of him.
Yup. I know Dirk. Smokie was the first. But then came having to put down horses.
Old 4/23/10, 04:11 PM
Post *****

Hey Ed - you know anyone affected by this?

Killer fungus seen in Pacific Northwest

By Amanda Gardner, Health.com
April 22, 2010 5:16 p.m. EDT

The fungus hails from the tropics and may have been carried to North America on imported plants or trees, experts say. It first emerged on this continent in 1999, on Vancouver Island off the coast of British Columbia, where it ultimately infected more than 200 people, killing nearly 9 percent of them.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/22...fic.northwest/
Old 4/23/10, 05:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Sorry for your loss Nathan. Those are choices nobody wants to make. I really feel your pain. As the rest of the crew posted, I've been through that too. My rottie had to be put down some three or four years ago, after being attacked by arthritis. It was a very sad thing to see him barely stand up after a lot of effort on his part, and the whining and yelping he did during that. I gave him his last bath, spent some time with him, and take him to be put down. The saddest thing is that I wasn't with him when it happened. I had to enter the kennel so he could get in, and then I got out and they closed the door. I just kept going forward because if I did look back, I'll probably would go back and take him with me again. I still miss him allot, and reading your posts made me shed some tears remembering this. Rest in peace Blacky.

That's great news Chris!
Old 4/23/10, 05:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Hey Ed - you know anyone affected by this?

Killer fungus seen in Pacific Northwest

By Amanda Gardner, Health.com
April 22, 2010 5:16 p.m. EDT

The fungus hails from the tropics and may have been carried to North America on imported plants or trees, experts say. It first emerged on this continent in 1999, on Vancouver Island off the coast of British Columbia, where it ultimately infected more than 200 people, killing nearly 9 percent of them.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/22...fic.northwest/
My son say after I take my shoes & socks off that I have I'm not really sure by killer fungus there's a whole lotta crap floating around so not to clear on that one sorry , if I searched our local news it may don on me
Old 4/23/10, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Blizzards are buy one get the 2nd for just .25 cents for thier 25th anniversary sweet
Old 4/23/10, 06:13 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
I'm pretty sure that some did, I used to drive them at the car auction all the time. In the snow we had to turn it off, otherwise the ECM would pull so much fuel and timing the car wouldn't move. It was right in the center stack next to the rear defrost & fog lamp switches.
Originally Posted by Scothew
2001+ v6 and v8 cars had it.
I hate to be confrontational, but I beg to differ. My dad's doesn't have it ('04 V6), just has blank faux buttons where the TC and fogs would be, has the rear defroster. And I've had that thing out on rain soaked roads, there's no traction control to speak of. It must have been an option.
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
She's in heaven now. I miss her so much.
You did the right thing man, she's no longer in pain anymore. We've had to do that with 2 dogs here about 4 years ago. Dillon and Oakley. Oakley had a cancerous tumor on the inside of her leg/stomach area that grew from golf ball to football size in 3 months, and we had to put her down 'cause she couldn't even walk anymore. Dillon was 14 when we had to put him down. His death was from a 6 month heartworm shot. After he died they came out with a study showing it killed a good number of the dogs it was given Those dogs had been around my whole life to that point, Dillon helped me learn to walk. I'd grab his fur and pull myself up, take a step, he'd take a step, and repeat.

Just think about the good times, forget the bad. She had a good life, now she's in the big park in the sky
Old 4/23/10, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Found some pics of mine.

Old 4/23/10, 06:42 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I hate to be confrontational, but I beg to differ. My dad's doesn't have it ('04 V6), just has blank faux buttons where the TC and fogs would be, has the rear defroster. And I've had that thing out on rain soaked roads, there's no traction control to speak of. It must have been an option.
My 08 PT doesn't have TC because it doesn't have ABS. Seems like you have to have one to have the other.
Old 4/23/10, 07:56 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
My 08 PT doesn't have TC because it doesn't have ABS. Seems like you have to have one to have the other.
It's got ABS, somehow it didn't get TC.

Not complaining though
Old 4/23/10, 08:01 PM

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I'm sorry some of you had to say goodbye to yours too. It's such a horrible thing, but we know they're in a better place. I know Carmel's up in heaved chasing bunnies and squirrels.
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Found some pics of mine.
Very cute dog.
Old 4/23/10, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
It's got ABS, somehow it didn't get TC.

Not complaining though
I think the TC in the stangs was with the fuel/engine. Not the brakes.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast