Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/10, 05:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Wicked fun hairpins when you start droppin' on the west side (B-A). Drops from 5000 to 2000 in about 30 mins... if you can drive a bit

does that street view guy go down that twisty road?
Old 2/27/10, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Something very, very sad and tragic happened today at my daughters' elementary school.

A fourth grade boy died today. He was not in any of my kids classes or in their grade level.

The school was having a kind of party day to get the kids loose and give them a treat before the upcoming TAKS (standardized tests) next week. So they were serving smores. Only these smores were not with melted mashmellows and chocolate, they just took those large marshmellows and put them on a graham cracker with some chocolate bar pieces and gave them to the kids. Well this boy might have tried to swallow one whole or who knows what but he got one of those giant marshmellows caught in his throat and couldn't breath. He freaked out and ran out of the room and actually passed out in the ahllway fell to the ground, broke his teeth when he fell and started convulsing on the floor of the hallway. My daughter actually saw this part happen. Her teacher heard the comotion and went out her door and she was first on the scene and began performing CPR not even knowing the windpipe was clogged. The kid was bleeding from the mouth and my daughter saw this part until the other teachers showed up and put all the kids back in their rooms. Zoe didn't know anything at all at that point other than what she saw. I picked them up at 3:30 to go to her kickball game and saw ambulances and fire trucks. I figured it was normal, because they often have fire trucks and stuff there for the kids to teach them and stuff. So Zoe told me what she saw. Then later when I see my wife she tells me the full story. The little boy had gone to her school last year. He just panicked, left the room, passed out, hit his mouth when he fell, started bleeding, but no one ever got the marshmellow out of his throat. The ambulance actually took him to the hospital but he was pronounced dead finally at the hospital.

It is so very sad. I don't know the family but I can't imagine what they mist be going through. You drop your little boy off at school that morning and he never makes it home because he dies at the school. How can that happen? It's so very, very sad.

Sorry to share such a sad thing with y'all but it really got to me. So many thoughts going through my mind about the fears I have when I let my children out of my sight.
so so sad R.I.P. little guy. How is your Daughter doing does she seem upset by it? How old is she?
Old 2/27/10, 06:50 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Poor little kid

Hey guys, I ain't dead over here, just got company over and school work :/ things are coming Along good on the Theresa front, we still aren't official, mainly cause her parents aren't too fond of me... And of course, she's the only person I've ever met that has parents that dissaprove
Old 2/27/10, 07:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Any body know if I'll have any fitment issues with some 285/35/ZR18's on the back of my car on 9.5" wide saleen wheels? The 245's just don't keep enough traction, but they are good for smoke shows at stop lights next to some cheap rice

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=835WR8HTRZ2V2
A 285/40/18 was the stock rear tire on a 07-09 GT500 on a 9.5" wheel. However I don't know if the 285 width is an issue or not on a sn95.

Originally Posted by Glenn
so so sad R.I.P. little guy. How is your Daughter doing does she seem upset by it? How old is she?
She doesn't seem upset. When she got in the car and didn't know he had died yet, she said "Dad the weirdest most strangest thing happened at school today." My wife told her about the boy dying later.

I'm going to have a talk with her today when I get home from work. She's 10. And a very emotional person. She cries at all movies. Cries if you even give her the slightest criticism. But she seems OK. I don't think she realized she witnessed someone dying yet.

The official news release from the school district to the paper is that the unnamed boy was 9 and he became ill in his classroom, left the room to go down the hall and get a drink of water, passed out in the hallway, and was never revived. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. That's their CYA and be careful to admit no wrong doing release so far.
Old 2/27/10, 07:40 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Something very, very sad and tragic happened today at my daughters' elementary school.

A fourth grade boy died today. He was not in any of my kids classes or in their grade level.

The school was having a kind of party day to get the kids loose and give them a treat before the upcoming TAKS (standardized tests) next week. So they were serving smores. Only these smores were not with melted mashmellows and chocolate, they just took those large marshmellows and put them on a graham cracker with some chocolate bar pieces and gave them to the kids. Well this boy might have tried to swallow one whole or who knows what but he got one of those giant marshmellows caught in his throat and couldn't breath. He freaked out and ran out of the room and actually passed out in the ahllway fell to the ground, broke his teeth when he fell and started convulsing on the floor of the hallway. My daughter actually saw this part happen. Her teacher heard the comotion and went out her door and she was first on the scene and began performing CPR not even knowing the windpipe was clogged. The kid was bleeding from the mouth and my daughter saw this part until the other teachers showed up and put all the kids back in their rooms. Zoe didn't know anything at all at that point other than what she saw. I picked them up at 3:30 to go to her kickball game and saw ambulances and fire trucks. I figured it was normal, because they often have fire trucks and stuff there for the kids to teach them and stuff. So Zoe told me what she saw. Then later when I see my wife she tells me the full story. The little boy had gone to her school last year. He just panicked, left the room, passed out, hit his mouth when he fell, started bleeding, but no one ever got the marshmellow out of his throat. The ambulance actually took him to the hospital but he was pronounced dead finally at the hospital.

It is so very sad. I don't know the family but I can't imagine what they mist be going through. You drop your little boy off at school that morning and he never makes it home because he dies at the school. How can that happen? It's so very, very sad.

Sorry to share such a sad thing with y'all but it really got to me. So many thoughts going through my mind about the fears I have when I let my children out of my sight.
That's really sad

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Dennis, do you have a motorola droid?
I think that may be my next phone when I'm eligible in May

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Poor little kid

Hey guys, I ain't dead over here, just got company over and school work :/ things are coming Along good on the Theresa front, we still aren't official, mainly cause her parents aren't too fond of me... And of course, she's the only person I've ever met that has parents that dissaprove
Why aren't they fond of you, Mr. Haskell?

Old 2/27/10, 08:21 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
That's really sad

I think that may be my next phone when I'm eligible in May

Why aren't they fond of you, Mr. Haskell?

Because I'm not a good little church boy, her ex is feeding them bs by the shovelfull(there is trth in it, but it's brieng blown wayyyyyyy out or proportion), and apparently shes never where shes supposed to be when shes with me, which all by one time is untrue.

I thought the parents liked eddie! Haha
Old 2/27/10, 09:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anybody wanna come help me put down this laminate flooring in my kitchen and living room
Old 2/27/10, 09:40 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have done that so I will have to pass. Sorry but I think it sucks.
Old 2/27/10, 10:56 AM
Post *****

Anybody wanna come help me put down this laminate flooring in my kitchen and living room
I would if I could man. Did two of my own houses before. Shoemolding is your friend.
Old 2/27/10, 11:01 AM
Post *****

Drove Seven to work this morning. Car started strong. We'll see how long that lasts.

Sold a house today. Very nice young married couple. First new house. Makes me happy to make people happy about their new homes. This house is already half finished. So we'll finish her up and have them in by May. Time to start another one.
Old 2/27/10, 11:04 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dennis, do you have a motorola droid?
Yup, thats what I have. The physical keyboard on it sucks, so if that is something you require than I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you have fat sausage fingers. It's not a bad phone, but I find it to be slow and gets bogged down sometimes. Sound on it is awesome though, with the speaker phone and ringers being very loud. Battery cover falls off very easy unless they fixed that.

The iPhone is still rumored to be coming, i'll see if I can find anything on it.

You may also want to hold out for the Google Nexus One. That is supposed to be coming to Verizon too. Faster 1 gig processor slimmer and no physical keyboard. You can check it out here...

http://www.google.com/phone?utm_camp...rm=nexus%20one

Do you have an unlimited data plan because it's required for the droid

of course you could always buy an unlocked iPhone and get verizon to activate it
You can't put a jailbroken iPhone on Verizon. Verizon uses CDMA for cell service while AT&T uses TDMA and GSM. None of them are compatible with each other.

All Verizon SmartPhones require the $29.95 data plan. Even now the multi-media phone are requiring the $10 data plan even if you don't use data with them. That really sucks since some people don't want internet on it but get stuck paying that fee anyway for 25 meg access.
Old 2/27/10, 12:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I like my iPhone But some vid drivers don't work life flash player pmoff
Old 2/27/10, 12:39 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Drove Seven to work this morning. Car started strong. We'll see how long that lasts.

Sold a house today. Very nice young married couple. First new house. Makes me happy to make people happy about their new homes. This house is already half finished. So we'll finish her up and have them in by May. Time to start another one.
Congrats Gary!

Originally Posted by denlem
Yup, thats what I have. The physical keyboard on it sucks, so if that is something you require than I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you have fat sausage fingers. It's not a bad phone, but I find it to be slow and gets bogged down sometimes. Sound on it is awesome though, with the speaker phone and ringers being very loud. Battery cover falls off very easy unless they fixed that.

The iPhone is still rumored to be coming, i'll see if I can find anything on it.

You may also want to hold out for the Google Nexus One. That is supposed to be coming to Verizon too. Faster 1 gig processor slimmer and no physical keyboard. You can check it out here...

http://www.google.com/phone?utm_camp...rm=nexus%20one

You can't put a jailbroken iPhone on Verizon. Verizon uses CDMA for cell service while AT&T uses TDMA and GSM. None of them are compatible with each other.

All Verizon SmartPhones require the $29.95 data plan. Even now the multi-media phone are requiring the $10 data plan even if you don't use data with them. That really sucks since some people don't want internet on it but get stuck paying that fee anyway for 25 meg access.
That looks pretty sweet. I wonder how much it will be though. I was hoping the keyboard might be a plus, but if it sucks, then maybe not. How easy is it to use? My mom wants something too, but she's not exactly the most technical person out there.
I think what I want most is something I can access the internet with easily, has a good camera, and then some.
Old 2/27/10, 12:58 PM

Rumors are saying it's coming out march 23. Not to long to wait.
Old 2/27/10, 01:03 PM

My dad got his deer head back today. It looks like it melted.
Old 2/27/10, 01:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. I wonder how much it will be though. I was hoping the keyboard might be a plus, but if it sucks, then maybe not. How easy is it to use? My mom wants something too, but she's not exactly the most technical person out there.
I think what I want most is something I can access the internet with easily, has a good camera, and then some.
It's not a "mom" phone if she can't set the VCR. If she has no use for email, apps or internet, then it's probably not for her. Even I get lost sometimes just trying to make a phone call.

The camera on it is slow and picture quality sucks, but the video on it is excellent. You would think they would both be good. It was worse before the last update, so hopfully the next update it will improve.
Old 2/27/10, 01:30 PM

I guess I wait and see how the nexus one is with verizon.
Old 2/27/10, 01:36 PM

How long exactly do the 2yr contracts last with verizon before you're eligible for a new phone? I got my last one in mid-july '08, and my first one in september '06. Jill said she's eligible in may, though I think I remember her getting hers sometime after I got mine.
Old 2/27/10, 02:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How long exactly do the 2yr contracts last with verizon before you're eligible for a new phone? I got my last one in mid-july '08, and my first one in september '06. Jill said she's eligible in may, though I think I remember her getting hers sometime after I got mine.
You can upgrade after 20 months

Gary how bout sennding me a 10" table saw with a fine tooth blade overnight, I gotta cut these flooring boards lengthwise to finish the hallway

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 2/27/10 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2/27/10, 03:06 PM
Post *****

You can upgrade after 20 months

Gary how bout sennding me a 10" table saw with a fine tooth blade overnight, I gotta cut these flooring boards lengthwise to finish the hallway

It would make you sick to see my setup. Portable 10"table saw, DeWalt compund mitre saw with stand. I used to make a living with this stuff though. What did you do at the door way case moldings. Did you undercut with a saw to allow the laminate edges to remain hidden underneath?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast