Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/10, 07:58 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Cool part of it though is I heard my first clap of thunder and lightning in months today at school. I love storms.
Me to, my family has a house in NH on a lake. My favorite part of the summer is to go down to the beach and watch the storms come over the mountain. It's pretty sweet when the lightning hits the lake and lights it all up.
Old 3/11/10, 07:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well when we have robots to fight wars for us and war will be like a video game then I guess it'll be ok. Till them we're f'd.

Then we will be good. Kids are great at first person shooter games. Thats all they do. They would rather stay in and play games then go outside.
Old 3/11/10, 08:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's sweet. There isn't really anywhere good to watch storms around here, but I do remember being up at my grandparent's cabin and hearing how much louder and more crackly it sounds on the lake.
Old 3/11/10, 08:05 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's sweet. There isn't really anywhere good to watch storms around here, but I do remember being up at my grandparent's cabin and hearing how much louder and more crackly it sounds on the lake.
You need like a lookout ledge
Old 3/11/10, 08:07 PM

There aren't any huge hills or mountains around here though. It's by no means flat, but there's no really good lookout places either.
Old 3/11/10, 08:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Oh, I thought you meant $1000 just for the gears and install. $600 is still pretty steep.
Cool part of it though is I heard my first clap of thunder and lightning in months today at school. I love storms.
I heard a thunder clap too ! Oh wait that was just me under the blanket lol www
never any here on the coast but in the prairies loads of it , what I loved about a good thunderstorm was sleeping with my window open and the fresh Ozone smell after a good lightning storm fresh and clean.
Old 3/11/10, 09:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
never any here on the coast but in the prairies loads of it , what I loved about a good thunderstorm was sleeping with my window open and the fresh Ozone smell after a good lightning storm fresh and clean.

Yeah growing up in Missouri had some hellish thunder & lightning storms with plenty of tornadoes thrown in for good measure. I loved it!

The best thunder I ever heard was in Colorado when I was backpacking in Rky Mt Natl Park. I was above the storm clouds at 9 or 10k and WOW. It was like being inside a kick drum with numerous layers and levels of boom & crack and then reverberations that seemed to go on forever as it thundered down the canyons.

Now in the Cascades, thunderstorms are a curse! After May the 'Pacific high pressure' typically sets in and it gets extremely dry until Sept. You're hoping for rain but after a few extra hot days in roll the thunderheads. And that means fires. Many strikes are limited to an acre or so burn but... then there's those hundred thousand acre boogers.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/11/10 at 09:08 PM.
Old 3/11/10, 09:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

The fire part Sucks and the damage and life lost very sad. !
Old 3/11/10, 09:26 PM
Post *****

Gotta love these boys...

Old 3/11/10, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

One good thing bc was known for was the Marrs water bomber they are cool to watch in action
Old 3/11/10, 09:31 PM

Fires are really freaky. I was in the black hills in SD back in '02 when there was a pretty big fire that got within I think a 1/2 mile of Mt. Rushmore. I got to see those planes in action from the parking lot. Then last April was horrifying when we had all the wetlands on fire and had to evacuate. I still feel nervous every time I hear a helicopter.
Old 3/11/10, 09:39 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Those are some cool pics Charlie

Yeah I really love the thunderstorms back east. One night we had a tornado go within a half a mile form my house and I didnt even realize it.
Old 3/11/10, 09:42 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Fires are really freaky. I was in the black hills in SD back in '02 when there was a pretty big fire that got within I think a 1/2 mile of Mt. Rushmore. I got to see those planes in action from the parking lot. Then last April was horrifying when we had all the wetlands on fire and had to evacuate. I still feel nervous every time I hear a helicopter.

I here helicoptors everyday

I think you would prolly go crazy on an Army base then.
Old 3/11/10, 09:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 632 Likes on 457 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Now in the Cascades, thunderstorms are a curse! After May the 'Pacific high pressure' typically sets in and it gets extremely dry until Sept. You're hoping for rain but after a few extra hot days in roll the thunderheads. And that means fires. Many strikes are limited to an acre or so burn but... then there's those hundred thousand acre boogers.

We can thank the tree hugging greenies in large part for the scope of these fires nowadays. They fight and lobby against controlled burns and removal of undergrowth in the name of protecting the forests, when those things would reduce the size of these fires by getting rid of fuel on the forest floor in a safe controlled manner. You would think that people that claim to be so dedicated to preserving the forest would know that fire is a necessary part of the forest life cycle. Many species of trees actually need the heat generated by fires to spur their seeds into growth and regenerate, and the charring of over vegetation that chokes out growth.
Old 3/11/10, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I here helicoptors everyday

I think you would prolly go crazy on an Army base then.
Just hearing them reminds me of how panicked I was when the fire was coming towards our house and the sheriff said we needed to leave. Just hearing one brings me back to that exact moment.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
We can thank the tree hugging greenies in large part for the scope of these fires nowadays. They fight and lobby against controlled burns and removal of undergrowth in the name of protecting the forests, when those things would reduce the size of these fires by getting rid of fuel on the forest floor in a safe controlled manner. You would think that people that claim to be so dedicated to preserving the forest would know that fire is a necessary part of the forest life cycle. Many species of trees actually need the heat generated by fires to spur their seeds into growth and regenerate, and the charring of over vegetation that chokes out growth.
I remember watching something on tv a couple years ago where they were talking about how back in the 30s or something, they completely kept fires from the forest and then it pretty much just all exploded with all the thick brush and trees. I'm always seeing them doing prescribed burns around here. Green people should just leave the planet all together and go back to living on mars our something.
Old 3/11/10, 10:04 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Just hearing them reminds me of how panicked I was when the fire was coming towards our house and the sheriff said we needed to leave. Just hearing one brings me back to that exact moment.
Its all good man. I was jsut giving ya chit.

There are things that bring me back to a certain memory that I have been thru. So I totally know the feeling. Even tho that memory happened over 3 years ago I still get teary eyed whenever I think about it.
Old 3/11/10, 10:08 PM

Songs do that big time for me.
Old 3/11/10, 10:11 PM

So which looks like the easier way to install springs? I went with the first one when I did the notch, but if the other one is way simpler, then I'd rather go that route.
http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/steedaspring2.htm

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-c...g-install.html
Old 3/11/10, 10:14 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeppers just like the country song from Trace Atkins " I came here to Live"

That song is pretty much me in a nutshell. The ending is what hit me the hardest cuz I pretty much been thru it.
Old 3/11/10, 10:15 PM
Post *****

look what the green idiots did to Yellowstone in 88... first they didn't allow burns at all for decades (which was a mistake), then they sat on their *** saying "fire's natural" and didn't act aggressive enough to contain the fire (with a forest full of fuel) so the entire Park almost burned, now they don't want prescribed burns to reduce fuel.

unfortunately they are organized, have money, and have lawyers.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast