Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/10, 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
nice but you have what exactly now & how clean is it opposed to was yours ever in a wreck ? and they can bump up the price on that car to be able to say give you 3 gs for yours ? I guess I'm just buyer beware,
Old 3/6/10, 08:28 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude that is awesome. The car looks good. I didnt look to close to it otherwise I find all kinds of things wrong with it. That is unless you want me to.
Old 3/6/10, 08:33 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I think all of that arctic air is making you loopy.
Seriously though, there were two sets of red lights, one with two and one with three in a triangle. They were really far apart from each other, more than they'd be on a plane, but they were exactly parallel the entire time. Then one of the lights in the triangle disappeared, and eventually they all disappeared. Not sure what it was. I couldn't look very hard since I was trying to drive.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
my dad knew what I've been looking for, he happened to pick up one of those autotrader magazines in the stores that have local auto lot stuff on them. One of them showed a 03 GT, Sonic Blue, black leather, and 5spd, so we decided to go check it out today.

it's a bit rough around the edges, but we'll start with the good

It's got 03/04 cobra wheels, salesmen (who are both huge Mustang guys) said it's got Cobra springs/suspension, you can tell it's been lowered, but I didnt look to be sure, it's also got a roush short throw shifter and new clutch, engine wise it's got a C&L intake, suspension strut bar, and apparently bigger injectors and a small cam. It's also had a pretty serious sound system in the past, there's a hella big cable running from the battery back to the trunk. The instrument cluster has the white face gauges, that I think are the same as the cobras, where they light up green, and a hood that I like alot better in person than in pics, but I may change it eventually

and to the bad...it was in a small front end collision, enough to break the drivers side headlight (which they replaced with a pair of earlier SN95 lights), they also replaced the fender, although he said they didnt need to, and you can see just a bit of evidence of past damage on the corner of the hood. You can see a bit where it was crunched, but it drives perfectly straight, there's a bit or wiggle in the steering wheel when you let off the gas, but I'm 98% sure it's because a tire has a flat spot from sitting for a while. because of the front end work, the front bumper doesnt quite sit level, the radiator cover is cracked, as is the cowl on the drivers side. And the coolant tank needs to be replaced, it's rednecked on right now.

on to the real minor things: I need to take the pedal covers off, they suck, and the accelerator one wore a hole in the carpet next to it, and the buttons on the steering wheel have those chrome things that I hate so much, hopefully I can take those right off, as well as the e brake handle. The other thing I noticed is that the drivers side taillight has a bit of condensation in it, and some moron painted most of the 3rd brake light, so I'll have to figure something out for that...got any ideas how to get rid of those? if you're still reading at this point, thanks!

it's got 81K miles (which is a bit more than I wanted), but it's only 8500, and they'll give me 3k for mine. I'm going to call monday when they open to give them a deposit to keep it until this next weekend. I've got my uncle that's a car expert coming to take a good look at it with me, and let me know what he thinks. I think I'm finially getting my Mustang!

also, the last pic, can anyone tell me what it is? it's behind the passenger seats in the trunk, up in the corner, on the top, there's one on each side
First of all, those things in the trunk are the mach 460 amps. Looks pretty good to me, but you might want to ask for a little more off the price since it's been in a wreck. Lights are super easy to replace. My tails get a little condensation in them sometimes, you just need to take them off, let them dry out, and seal them up with some silicone. The 3rd brake light, you should be able to find a replacement on ebay I'm sure. Lots of places sell the LED ones, but I've heard they're not very bright. My radiator cover is cracked too, but that's my own fault. You should be able to find a lot of replacement parts on ebay. You just need to know where to look. Overall not bad at all. Hope it works out for you!!

Last edited by Blue Notch; 3/6/10 at 08:34 PM.
Old 3/6/10, 08:37 PM

It's got cobra mirrors too you lucky.
Old 3/6/10, 08:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Dude that is awesome. The car looks good. I didnt look to close to it otherwise I find all kinds of things wrong with it. That is unless you want me to.
please do, I wanna see everything I can now

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
It's got cobra mirrors too you lucky.
what's the difference? just that they're painted?

I thought those were the amps, but I figured I'd ask to be sure

I figurd the lights would be easy to replace, I just wonder about getting the bumper straight, but I'm sure my uncle will be able to tell me what I need to know.
Old 3/6/10, 08:46 PM

-Stock cruise control buttons

-3rd Brake Light, Nicer one

-Cowl vent (this one's gonna hurt your wallet)
Old 3/6/10, 08:49 PM

please do, I wanna see everything I can now

what's the difference? just that they're painted?

I thought those were the amps, but I figured I'd ask to be sure

I figurd the lights would be easy to replace, I just wonder about getting the bumper straight, but I'm sure my uncle will be able to tell me what I need to know.
Cobra mirrors are more sculpted looking than the stock mirrors.

Cobra:

V6/GT mirror:

Old 3/6/10, 09:04 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

please do, I wanna see everything I can now.

Well coming from someone that body work I really hate to say this but I wouldnt get it. Or rather I would have to see it in person to be 110% sure of it. Just looking at the pic from the front. It looks like the drivers side is higher than the passenger side according to the bumper. That right there is a tell tell sign of it being more than a minor fender bender. Also the gap between the drivers front fender and the drivers door is off too. It looks like it is closer on top by the mirror than it is on the bottom.

Now that could be just the pics playing tricks on me eyes. Also if it was just a minor collision it wouldnt have broken the cowl by the window. The only way it would have done that is to push the fender into it to break it.

Also the paint on the third brake light can be taken off with either paint thinner if it aint too thick. I didnt fully look at all the pics yet but that is what I have seen so far.

Now I went to look at some used cars and they were advertising them as perfect condition and when I got there the ones I was looking at were both wrecked. Yes they were Stangs also. One was a 2006 and the other was a new edge GT. Both had front end damage that was "repaired" and the 06 also had rearend damage that was "repaired" also.

Disclaimer: Everything in this post is only my opinion and that is it. If said people dont like this opinion they cannot do anything to me under the freedom of speech thingy. All views are therefore interpreted in the views of said people reading this post. If said peoples dont like this post then they have the choice to just ignore it and go about their own business doing whatever they are doing or not doing at the time that said people read this post.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 3/6/10 at 09:06 PM.
Old 3/6/10, 09:05 PM
NTTAWWT

I figured the cowl would be expensive, it'll also be the most PITA to replace, but I'll probably do it, that's gonna drive me crazy if I dont.

I never noticed a difference before in the mirrors, haha.
Old 3/6/10, 09:10 PM
NTTAWWT

the guy told me they broke the cowl, and that it was intact after the accident. it's broken right around where the hinge is at, so I'm thinking they broke it taking the hood off to replace the fender. I really appreciate your input, I'm going to have my uncle take a real good look at it, if there's something wrong with a car, he can fix it, I've about determined that to be fact, hahah. I'll put a deposit on it, and tell him that it's pending a more thorough inspection.

Last edited by StangMahn; 3/6/10 at 09:13 PM.
Old 3/6/10, 09:13 PM

Having your uncle look at it is definitely a good idea. We took the GT into the shop we go to before we bought it, and they said there was no sign it had ever been in an accident.
Old 3/6/10, 09:13 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

the guy told me they broke the cowl, and that it was intact after the accident. it's broken right around where the hinge is at, so I'm thinking they broke it taking the hood off to replace the fenders. I really appreciate your input, I'm going to have my uncle take a real good look at it, if there's something wrong with a car, he can fix it, I've about determined that to be fact, hahah. I'll put a deposit on it, and tell him that it's pending a more thorough inspection.

If they took off the hood to replace the fender then they did more work than neccessary.
Old 3/6/10, 09:15 PM
NTTAWWT

I'll have him look at it, and then I'll take it to have it checked out by my mechanic, maybe have him check the alignment and whatnot, and besides that, I'll have a chance to look at the underside with it up on a lift
Old 3/6/10, 09:17 PM
NTTAWWT

and lets state facts, I wont be driving this everyday for the next ten years. hopefully when I finish graduate school in 2 years, I'll be able to get a daily driver, although I still wanna get an 07 mustang to take across the country on my trip, hahah. Jeez, it's a neverending cycle
Old 3/6/10, 09:19 PM

Just wait till the mod bug hits you. Once it gets you there's no escape!
Old 3/6/10, 09:22 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
David,

that car looks a little on the rough side but I'm excited for you. Its got some cool mods on it already, the Mach system will satisfy you until you'rer poisoned by Nathans jibbajabba. if that things got cams then its probably a good bit faster than a stock GT, coupled with the injectors, and intake, its probably a bit faster than my bullitt (but theres only one way to know for sure ) and that hood looks slick

and my bullitt pedals are starting to wear my carpet as well, not that bad, but then again mines been driven less too.

i think its a slick lookin car for decent money., especially with your $3K trade. I've got my fingers crossed for ya man

(as a side note i saw a 1999 GT the other day with cobra wheels, aftermarket exhaust, but unpainted fenders and foggy as hell headlights for 3500 the other day :P definitely more of a fixer tho lol)
Old 3/6/10, 09:22 PM
NTTAWWT

it already has, fortunately, alot of the simpler stuff has already been done
Old 3/6/10, 09:23 PM
NTTAWWT

arin, is that the one pete was looking at?
Old 3/6/10, 09:24 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
no lol, i think he was looking at a nicer one, which is probably a good idea. that 3500 was also an auto, and id bet extremely high miles
Old 3/6/10, 09:25 PM

it already has, fortunately, alot of the simpler stuff has already been done
There is no end. Look at Gary.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast