Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/10, 10:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^
Old 3/6/10, 10:43 PM
NTTAWWT

I'm also going to finally need to buy a polisher (for both mine and dad's cars) and a radar detector, not so I can speed, just so I can know when cops are around, since I'm sure this wont exactly blend in like the jeep.
Old 3/6/10, 10:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Now there's a Hella idea !
Old 3/6/10, 11:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
There is no end. Look at Gary.

Why this? Are you implying I've done alot of mods or something?
Old 3/7/10, 12:00 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
But they don't look as good.
i have this thing where i like to see at night

especially while roaring down back mountain roads in the middle of the night. illumination comes in handy

dude. HELLA

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Who? YOU?! never
Old 3/7/10, 12:00 AM
NTTAWWT

what? you naaaah!

here's another pic of the front bumper, with the hood closed

Old 3/7/10, 12:08 AM
Post *****

David I can't see much on the iPhone. It looks great in tiny little pics, but I'll have to reserve judgement till I see better pics.

I'm happy for you though. And I hope it's all good.
Old 3/7/10, 02:29 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
No, 7 is still pretty close to stock. Most people probably couldn't even tell she was modded.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
what? you naaaah!

Looks cool. I really hope though that the crooked bumper isn't anything serious. Needs a chin spoiler and the smoked headlights.

After a little research I found out that the 899 and 893 bulbs both fit the fog lights. The difference is that the 899s last longer but put out a little less light, and the 893s last shorter but put out a little more light. I could be wrong, but that's about all I could find. Glad to know though that there isn't some drastic change in fitment.
Old 3/7/10, 07:21 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
I hope it all works out for you, David!
Old 3/7/10, 08:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
what? you naaaah!

It looks pretty good. The misalignment could be caused by many things, like the header panel not properly aligned, the bumper reinforcement too low on that side either due to the impact or not raised enough while aligning it, or the corner of the frame a little bent down, or even by missing the reinforcement foam that goes behind the bumper cover, even missing clips on the bumper cover itself. It needs a closer inspection to verify it
Old 3/7/10, 10:12 AM
Post *****

Well David upon further review I've gotta go with Dirk on this one. Don't be too emotional over it. Ford made hundreds of thousands of these cars.

With that being said if you do buy it, be sure and do your due dilligence and give that car every kind of exam short of a rectal exam and I'd even consider that too.

The picks of teh driver's fender scare me. Is that the best they could do? You'd think they'd take another shot at it in order to make a little more selling it. If you really, really want it I'd bet you could get it for about $6,500. Not many people are going to go near this car. It's too obvious to be comfortable. And the cowl is a bad deal.

At least you know its damaged though. I didn't do the carfax on the Bronco and found out a year later when I finally checked it that it was in an accident. Of course I looked at the vehicle all of 5 minutes and should have known when I offered them $5k for a truck they wanted $8900 for that there was something wrong. But it is what it is and this isn't my daily driver. And to be honest I was going to buy a Bronco that month no matter what and it was thousands less than the good condition Broncos I was looking at. So all in all I can't complain.

It's just interesting to see that after teargin it down I can now see all the work that was done.

There is a run in the paint on the front door. Overspray on a headlight bulb and lots of the pieces attached to the header panel. The header panel looks like it was patched and welded and thats the source of most of the rust. The spot welds and the repairs. The front bumper os a rpelacement. The body piece above that is a replacement. The Plastic piece that the headlights mount in are all replacements. The turn signals had overspray on the back of them. And just like the Mustang the coolant overflow take was jerry rigged to stay in place. Yet the airbags were not deployed and she runs straight and I see zero frame damage at all. No repairs of any kind. Which is good for a truck because the frame is far more important than the body. But unlike a truck a car is unibody and damage to the body is damage to the frame more than likely.

Anyway. I want you to have a Mustang more than anyone but maybe you yourself. Just be careful. You might think you can turn around and sell it for what you paid for if you get into too many problems, but that might surprise you.

Another thing. Don't trust salesman. Especially used car salesman. If they said they broke the cowl, it was probably cracked and it fell apart when they tried to fix it. They always have a story for everything. They wanna move this damaged car. They have way less in it than you think. They are looking for someone to give them more than they should for it.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I'm only looking out for you.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 3/7/10 at 10:22 AM.
Old 3/7/10, 10:13 AM
Post *****

With all that said David. If you buy it, I promise to you to never say I told you so.
Old 3/7/10, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Another thing. Don't trust salesman. Especially used car salesman. If they said they broke the cowl, it was probably cracked and it fell apart when they tried to fix it. They always have a story for everything. They wanna move this damaged car. They have way less in it than you think. They are looking for someone to give them more than they should for it.
Exactly Gary what I thought , if he gives up a clean title for a fixer but if it got looked into & not to bad maybe one could live with whats goin on there ?
Old 3/7/10, 10:46 AM
NTTAWWT

I'm not emotional over it, the way I figure is this: I've **** well waited long enough, I can wait a little longer if it's not right.
Old 3/7/10, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm not emotional over it, the way I figure is this: I've **** well waited long enough, I can wait a little longer if it's not right.
is good to be opened minded, they say good things come to those that wait ! I gotta tell yah I'm getting fraggin old & I'm still waiting.
Old 3/7/10, 11:35 AM
Post *****

Sounds good.

Also. I forgot something. You need to look at every little hint as a clue. Remember when you said that there was some cavitation or vibration when decelerating. Maybe its not a flat spot from the tires sitting. Maybe the car gets misaligned under load on the front end.
Old 3/7/10, 11:49 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
David is it possible to get a better pic of the drivers front corner? Like the radiator support headlight area?? From the inside of that area looking out? Also when you take it to a mechanic have him check the front suspension on the drivers front really well. Making sure that none of the tie rods and A-arms are bent.

Oh also can you get a pic of underneath the front bumper on the drivers side? Looking up at the reinforcement bar for the bumper and the bumper mount?

I keep looking at those pics and something just doesnt look right. I am thinking that where the front bumper mounts to got pushed up and that is why the bumper is sitting like that. I know just by the way they look it doesnt look right. What I mean by not looking right to me is that there is a lot of hidden damage or damage that wasnt fixed right. It keeps buggin me. lol

Also have them check to see if the rim is bent on the inside.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 3/7/10 at 11:53 AM.
Old 3/7/10, 12:24 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's the right attitude. Don't settle for something just because you want it. There's always better stuff out there.

Going to the auto show in a little bit. Gonna check out the new 5.0.
Old 3/7/10, 12:28 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Going to the auto show in a little bit. Gonna check out the new 5.0.

Old 3/7/10, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

You people seen this :
https://themustangsource.com/showpos...44&postcount=1

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast