Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/10, 02:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well I went to see the gentleman that bought my old truck and I sat down and handed him an envelope and said there was $900 in it and he refused to take it. I tried for 15 minutes to get him to take it and he wouldn't. He said he appreciated the gesture, but it was bought as is and he still feels he got a deal on it. We talked for a while and I told him I wouldn't think bad either way if he took it, I wouldn't give it a second thought, he flat out refused to take it. So rather than insult him I decided not to pursue it any further.

So while he appreciates my gesture, I appreciate him refusing, because to be honest if I were in his shoes I would have refused the money from him too. So while neither of us is happy that this happened, I think both our reputations are in tact. I hope. I tried every argument I could to get him to take it, but he just wouldn't do it.

I do feel bad that it had to happen to such a good guy. I hope it lasts him for years and years now. Knock on wood.
People have always said that they think I'm psychic..........

Originally Posted by rather b.blown
Hell, he may not even accept it (I wouldn't if the shoe was on the other foot) but by God I would know what kind of man he was.
Or maybe they said psychotic?

Glad it worked out well though. I think it will ease both of your minds in the long run.

Now, I have to inform you that there is a small fee for my counseling. Hold on while I get my abacus and figure up the tab..........

I think $900 should do it. Just leave it in the envelope.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/15/10 at 03:21 PM.
Old 4/15/10, 03:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I don't know, Lee. The practical side of me would never spend that much on shampoo or hairspray. There are much cheaper brands out there that will give the same results. Most men don't notice it as much because they don't have to style their hair every day. There are a lot of hair sprays out there that leave a build up on your hair and you end up with little clumps of white (which is why I'd never use Aqua Net, lol). Some shampoos make your hair feel heavy and then it can be harder to style. Women go to a salon and get their hair done, and it looks so good when they are finished, they think you need the products the stylist used to get the same effect. And it's the stylists job to help the salon make money. The manufacturers of these products don't sell to the stores, so you either have to get them at a beauty supply store (which most people can't get in without a license to do hair), so that leaves the consumer to buy the products at the salon.

All I can say is, if it makes the little lady happy and you can afford it....don't worry too much about it
Oh, I don't mind, I was just shocked at the prices and had never really though about how much women spend on those things. She does look extremely good every time she steps out of the house, I guess I just don't pay enough attention to stuff like that. Typical man.

I guess I'm lucky. My wife uses Suave.

$70 for shampoo! Holy **** I'd be pissed. That **** better grow hair. I'm not sure Rogaine even costs that much.

What has prices on it now a days anyway? Probably bought at a high end specialty shop. Therefor overpriced. Think about it. Shampoo from a grocery store department store even only has
a UPC label.
That's what I thought too, maybe I should try some of it on my bald spot that is slowly developing, haha. Hell, if I give $70 for a bottle of something, you better be able to make a cocktail with it.

Yeah, it came from her stylist. Just a little green sticker with a hand written price on it.

Old 4/15/10, 04:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well just dropped by to say hi while my chem powerpoint notes from my professor are printing

Gonna do a quick refresh for tomorrows test.

I hate chem
Old 4/15/10, 04:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mike-I need to know a bit more about your setup. So much of it is figured by the ton. A completely newly installed 14.0+ SEER unit around here with AC and either a NG furnace or electric heat strips is about $1,800 per ton. This includes all new ducts, air handler, and outside condenser this is all at builders cost. But there are many more details involved than just that.

I've had to replace an air handler (the attic unit) and it cost about $4,600 for a 5 ton unit with labor. This didn't touch the old ducts or the outside condenser.

Lee-You were right. I went in there expecting him to take the money. I didn't really ever hope he wouldn't. I thought I'd come out of there $900 poorer. So I went in with a true heart and I feel better about it on my end. It was just a case of bad luck. The only thing we can think of is that he put about 4,000 miles on it in a matter of 7 weeks. I put about 6,000 miles on it in the 52 weeks before that. Maybe I babied it too much?

Raptor-On the Raptor front I have news. My truck is scheduled to be built the week of 4/26. Actually 4/26 is the day its to be built, and its expected to arrive 5/10 or so. So I finally have a date to look forward too.

Side Note-My parents took my two oldest to the local Tea Party rally tonight.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 4/15/10 at 04:56 PM.
Old 4/15/10, 04:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Great news Gary!

Saw this today.

Old 4/15/10, 04:59 PM
Post *****

I'm gonna go get some chow. I can't decide. Hot wings, chinese, or a sandwich and pizza from our new local place. This is a tough one.
Old 4/15/10, 05:01 PM

Someone here made meatloaf. Gotta find something else to eat.
Old 4/15/10, 05:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Mmmm... meatloaf! As long as it's made with tomato sauce and not gravy!
Old 4/15/10, 05:02 PM
Post *****

I'm so lucky. My mother never made meat loaf, and my wife never makes it. Thank goodness. I am truly blessed.
Old 4/15/10, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by denlem
Neither...they use ketchup. The nastiest of all condiments.

I'm so lucky. My mother never made meat loaf, and my wife never makes it. Thank goodness. I am truly blessed.
I'd give anything to have the abundance of good food you have down there.
Old 4/15/10, 05:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
if made in such a way that it's so good you can't stop eating , and there are so many variations of really good ingreadients ? Humm taking Nate out for supper soon maybe the phe place will have Meatloaf ? They I can do my bat out of h e l l impression

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 4/15/10 at 05:27 PM.
Old 4/15/10, 05:23 PM

I've never heard of a restaurant that had meatloaf before. Not sure why they would.
Old 4/15/10, 05:24 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
My dad makes an awesome meat loaf. It's like straight up ground beef with some onions and breadcrumbs mixed in

(never seen it being made, that's basically the finished product haha)
Old 4/15/10, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Kinda like shepards pie with potatoes ummm
Old 4/15/10, 05:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm gonna go get some chow. I can't decide. Hot wings, chinese, or a sandwich and pizza from our new local place. This is a tough one.
hot wings!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Neither...they use ketchup. The nastiest of all condiments.
nathan, leave! ketchup is amazing
Old 4/15/10, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Dennis. And I hope you are able to get to the Ukraine to reunite with your mother and grandmother Diana.

Raptor update from teh Raptor forum. We've been making such a stink over there about not having any answers, the F-150 Marketing manager took time to address us. People were threatening to cancel orders because no body knew anything but internet rumors.
Of course he would answer. If not, Ford will loose much needed money.
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Those darn American Big Three... they forced all those SUV's and trucks with bigger engines down our throat!
Lol!
At least it looks better done than a green one that lurks around here. I'm on the lookout for it to take some pix and post it on the ricer thread
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Maybe Jill can help me out with this, but why do health and beauty products for women cost so much? I was looking for something in the bathroom closet today and saw this funky shaped little aerosol can. It was hairspray. I flipped it over and it had a price sticker on it, $28. Are you ****ting me?!?!?! 28 ****ing dollars for a little can of hairspray? WTF? I looked a little further and found a bottle of shampoo that was $70! Really?!? How can this **** be any better than a $3 can of Aqua Net, and a $5 bottle of Head and Shoulders? It's hairspray and shampoo for God's sake! And it wasn't just these 2, there were many different bottles and cans of **** like this that were similarly priced.
$70 shampoo? ****!
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Nasty.

Got my spanish test today. Really hope I do better than I did on my last one.
Buena suerte Nathan = Good luck Nathan :P
Mike-I need to know a bit more about your setup. So much of it is figured by the ton. A completely newly installed 14.0+ SEER unit around here with AC and either a NG furnace or electric heat strips is about $1,800 per ton. This includes all new ducts, air handler, and outside condenser this is all at builders cost. But there are many more details involved than just that.

I've had to replace an air handler (the attic unit) and it cost about $4,600 for a 5 ton unit with labor. This didn't touch the old ducts or the outside condenser.

Lee-You were right. I went in there expecting him to take the money. I didn't really ever hope he wouldn't. I thought I'd come out of there $900 poorer. So I went in with a true heart and I feel better about it on my end. It was just a case of bad luck. The only thing we can think of is that he put about 4,000 miles on it in a matter of 7 weeks. I put about 6,000 miles on it in the 52 weeks before that. Maybe I babied it too much?

Raptor-On the Raptor front I have news. My truck is scheduled to be built the week of 4/26. Actually 4/26 is the day its to be built, and its expected to arrive 5/10 or so. So I finally have a date to look forward too.

Side Note-My parents took my two oldest to the local Tea Party rally tonight.
Great news Gary!
Old 4/15/10, 05:50 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
black 6.2 at the local dealer...

verdict, dont like the black...there's so much flake in the paint it almost looks dirty, even when clean, and it could never be a really deep dark glossy black.

I still wanna see a blue one, but I think they should all be made in orange
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-0415001915a.jpg  
Old 4/15/10, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Kinda like shepards pie with potatoes ummm
That's good too... with beef gravy on it!
Old 4/15/10, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
My dad makes an awesome meat loaf. It's like straight up ground beef with some onions and breadcrumbs mixed in

(never seen it being made, that's basically the finished product haha)
Same as mine, but I also add brown sugar, a little but of mustard, and a half can of tomato mixed in and the other half goes on top.
Old 4/15/10, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tea party? Stupid tea sipping folks

Yes I know what they are

By the way, I just ate the best pizza rolls ever

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast