Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/10, 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ouch 6 hrs is a state of mind remember that and you'll be fine
Old 3/7/10, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey Sean, been a while. Glad to know you're doing well.

Later Dirk.
Old 3/7/10, 07:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well the exterior of the Bronco is rust free. Well at least what you can see. I'm ready to start with the spray paint. I've grinded, and scraped, and brushed, and sanded and prepped, and neutralized. Soon as my paint gets here Tuesday I'll be ready to start putting stuff back together. I just hope I remember how everything goes.
Old 3/7/10, 07:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The Oscars or Academy awards ? Who is George Clooney sitting with ? She's smokin hawt
Old 3/7/10, 07:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
The Oscars or Academy awards ? Who is George Clooney sitting with ? She's smokin hawt
As you know I'm not watching, but if memory serves he has a Brazilian model girlfriend for a couple of years now.
Old 3/7/10, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Talking

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well the exterior of the Bronco is rust free. Well at least what you can see. I'm ready to start with the spray paint. I've grinded, and scraped, and brushed, and sanded and prepped, and neutralized. Soon as my paint gets here Tuesday I'll be ready to start putting stuff back together. I just hope I remember how everything goes.
I see that you're back on the Bronco project. As for the "rust free", I've never heard of anyone charging extra for the rust!
Old 3/7/10, 07:52 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by edumspeed
I see that you're back on the Bronco project. As for the "rust free", I've never heard of anyone charging extra for the rust!

I say its rust free but the tailgate will never remain that way. Apparently, and I never really thought about this, that the design of the tailgate was at fault. The dirt would get on the back window and people would lower the window down to get in the back of the vehicle. The mud or dirt wold fall into the bottom of the inside of the tailgate. Then when it rained the weatherstrip would fail and the water would be trapped in the bottom of the tailgate because the mud clogged the drain holes. Before you know it its rusting out from the inside.

That's why on newer cars like my wifes Expidition Ford went to a design where the glass pops up and the hatch pops up. No more tailgate design.

There is a company that sells fiberglass tailgates. But you can't sit or stand on them and they're $850 unpainted for just the shell.
Old 3/7/10, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I say its rust free but the tailgate will never remain that way. Apparently, and I never really thought about this, that the design of the tailgate was at fault. The dirt would get on the back window and people would lower the window down to get in the back of the vehicle. The mud or dirt wold fall into the bottom of the inside of the tailgate. Then when it rained the weatherstrip would fail and the water would be trapped in the bottom of the tailgate because the mud clogged the drain holes. Before you know it its rusting out from the inside.

That's why on newer cars like my wifes Expidition Ford went to a design where the glass pops up and the hatch pops up. No more tailgate design.

There is a company that sells fiberglass tailgates. But you can't sit or stand on them and they're $850 unpainted for just the shell.

It has the same flaw as the K-5 Blazers of the time

Old 3/7/10, 09:08 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

A tailgate is worthless if you can't sit or stand on it! How hard would it be to straight up rattle can rhino line the inside of the tailgate? That stuff should hold up t anything
Old 3/7/10, 10:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
A tailgate is worthless if you can't sit or stand on it! How hard would it be to straight up rattle can rhino line the inside of the tailgate? That stuff should hold up t anything
Agreed on the first part.

Problem with rhino line is that its a two part system. It requires a catalyst as epoxies do. But yeah they sell some stuff that can be painted on with a brush of something.

Problem is I had rhino lining on my old grille guard on my 2001 and after a couple of years it started rusting through. And it was powdercoated underneath.
Old 3/7/10, 10:04 PM
Post *****

Dies anyone know a good way to remove sticker pinstripes that have been on a vehicle for 14 years? The Bronco has gold pinstripe on the top crease and down at the rocker panel. I need to remove them as I'm going with an all white and black theme.
Old 3/7/10, 10:11 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
have you tried a hair dryer and some fishing line? pinstripes are a bit thin, but i hear thats what folks use to get other decals and stickon emblems off

i know pete used a razor on his car too, but theres some nicks i thinks
Old 3/7/10, 10:15 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by future9er24
have you tried a hair dryer and some fishing line? pinstripes are a bit thin, but i hear thats what folks use to get other decals and stickon emblems off

i know pete used a razor on his car too, but theres some nicks i thinks

That's what I was afraid of with the razor. My paint is really very good so I can't risk a razor. I was using a fingernail but that only removed about a 1/2" after about 10 minutes. Plus I only have so many finger nails. The problem is getting through the thickness of the stripe with something like a goof off or goo gone.

I do need to try a heat gun. I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Old 3/7/10, 10:32 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Hard day. Went to the auto show. Was better than last year, but still not that much there. No BMW, Porsche, Infiniti, Maserati, and of course Pontiac, Saturn, and Hummer. Ford had the best display by far, but there weren't any 5.0s. Just a '11 GT500 that was locked, and a V6 vert with an auto. GT500 was sweet, and looks way better in person, but the dumb nose still looks bad. The GM section was almost dead. They had a bunch of camaros, and Corvettes, but everything else was pretty bland. The Camaro's interior is also way worse than I remember from last year. It's just plastic junk, and horribly uncomfortable. My dad even commented on how crappy he thought the GMC trucks were. The one rear door on one of the crew cabs was misaligned or something, and it shook the whole truck when you opened it. Ford did have a raptor they let you sit in and stuff. Such an awesome truck. I tried to talk my dad into it, and he said he doesn't know why he'd want a "fun truck". He did admit he liked the Fords better than the GMCs. That's big coming from the guy who hated Ford trucks for years. The new taurus is awesome, but I really don't like the interior. The center console is way too big and the way it slants down just doesn't work imo. Fusion was nicer imo. I was surprised though, the focus's interior was way easier to move around in then either the taurus or the fusion. A lot of these cars nowadays are way to hard to get in and out of. I also don't like the big panel over the dash in the mustangs. It just sticks out too far and I think it could get annoying. Otherwise it was pretty nice, though I think I'd stick to my simpler one in my GT. Pics should be up in a little bit.

The other thing happening today (the bad part) is my dog isn't doing very well. Over the weekend her eye got really swollen up and she didn't seem like herself at all. My sister called me today at the show and said she was doing really bad and thought she should go in right away. The earliest we could get into our regular vet (called friday) was this tuesday, so my mom and my sister took her to a different 24 hour vet somewhere. They found out she had some kind of thing pushing up behind her eye, and it burst when the vet opened her mouth to look her over. They said she's lost vision in her left eye, and they may eventually have to remove it. Right now she has a bunch of the infection draining into her mouth and it smells absolutely horrendous. They brought her back home, and she's on several different medicines we have to give her every so often. We also have to clean the area around the eye so many times, and keep her comfortable. It's gonna be a lot of work, plus working it all around everyone's schedules is gonna be tough. I feel so bad for her. She's had so many problems with her eyes and got sick quite a bit over the years, and now she's lost her one eye.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 3/7/10 at 10:36 PM.
Old 3/7/10, 10:36 PM
Post *****

OMG Nathan that's horrible about the dog. I feel bad I didn't even know you had a dog. I knw your sister did.

That's brutal though.
Old 3/7/10, 10:39 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hope your dog gets better man
Old 3/7/10, 10:47 PM

OMG Nathan that's horrible about the dog. I feel bad I didn't even know you had a dog. I knw your sister did.

That's brutal though.
We've got four all together right now. I have a beagle named Carmel. Got her for my tenth birthday, so she'll be ten this July.
Originally Posted by future9er24
hope your dog gets better man
Thanks guys. I really hope she makes it out of this ok.

Pics from the MSP Auto Show: http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/u...20Show%202010/
Old 3/7/10, 10:59 PM

Have to get up early tomorrow. Four more days till spring break! Goodnight guys.
Old 3/7/10, 11:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
We've got four all together right now. I have a beagle named Carmel. Got her for my tenth birthday, so she'll be ten this July.

Thanks guys. I really hope she makes it out of this ok.
Sorry Bro... my first dog was a Beagle. My name is Charlie... you know the rest. Really hope Carmel comes through. Be there...
Old 3/7/10, 11:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Sorry Bro... my first dog was a Beagle. My name is Charlie... you know the rest. Really hope Carmel comes through. Be there...
My first dog was a beagle too. Her name was Mindy. After Mork and Mindy.

+1 on Carmel getting better.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast