Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/11, 03:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the updates. Mine's going in at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers the install goes well and I can thoroughly test it this weekend.
Old 11/3/11, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kristin
Thanks for all the updates. Mine's going in at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers the install goes well and I can thoroughly test it this weekend.
Be prepared for an enjoyable experience!!!!
Old 11/3/11, 03:52 PM

I just got off the phone with tech. They are working it. It might be down until next week.

Last edited by jerkstore; 11/3/11 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11/3/11, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
How often do you see the message "TRACKEY IDLE ENABLED" ???

I don't think I've seen it yet, but I have heard the change to a lopey idle after blipping the throttle.
Mine says "TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED" at the point that the idle gets rough (after coming up to operating temp, bliping throttle, etc.).
Old 11/3/11, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jerkstore
I just got off the phone with tech. They are working it. It might be down until next week.
I real feel for you - I've got a feeling the dealer will end up doing something nice for you once it's all said and done.
Old 11/3/11, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by YellowJacketBoss302
Mine says "TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED" at the point that the idle gets rough (after coming up to operating temp, bliping throttle, etc.).
Did you ever see the "IDLE" message?
Old 11/3/11, 04:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Did you ever see the "IDLE" message?
No -- only the "TRACKEY ACTIVE TRACK USE ONLY" and "TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED" messages.
Old 11/3/11, 04:59 PM
V6 Member

Anyone else seeing "TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED" instead of "TRACKEY IDLE ENABLED"?
Old 11/3/11, 05:08 PM
V6 Member

Dealer installed mine yesterday.
Mine displays Trackey engine enabled, have not seen anything about lopy idle enable.
Old 11/3/11, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by YellowJacketBoss302
Anyone else seeing "TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED" instead of "TRACKEY IDLE ENABLED"?
If you go to the trackey website, there is a document there from Ford. It clearly says that early model Bosses will say TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED, and newer bosses will say TRACKEY IDLE ENABLED.

They are the same thing.
Old 11/3/11, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by farmboy90
If you go to the trackey website, there is a document there from Ford. It clearly says that early model Bosses will say TRACKEY ENGINE ENABLED, and newer bosses will say TRACKEY IDLE ENABLED.

They are the same thing.
Thanks - I've been reading this http://trackey.ford.com/trackey/ and haven't found yet where they mentioned it's the same. I must be blind. Which document mentions early vs later Boss messages? I hate getting old.

edit: Found it - many thanks !! I guess I have an early one...

edit2 - interesting that I downloaded the pdf last night and there was not mention of early/later cars-it was version1.0. Today it's version 1.1. hmmmm

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 11/3/11 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11/3/11, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a huge **** box in the mail via UPS with a tiny **** box in it with my name and VIN on it, inside that was a tiny **** FRPP sticker.

I was hoping it'd be my owners pkg.
Old 11/3/11, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Got a huge **** box in the mail via UPS with a tiny **** box in it with my name and VIN on it, inside that was a tiny **** FRPP sticker.

I was hoping it'd be my owners pkg.
Pics or it didn't happen....

Glad to see the hail damage is gone.
Old 11/3/11, 06:22 PM

Programing complete

I Finally have the Track Key. It was a two step process. Had to go to the dealer yesterday to sign a work order. They then sent that info to Ford, who then overnighted info back to the dealer. This afternoon got the Boss programed. The tech had to do it twice to get a patch to the original download. My dealer knows what they are doing. Since I have already been to the Track Attack, I knew what to expect, however it is great to finally have mine programed. Competition Orange #424
Old 11/3/11, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
Pics or it didn't happen....

Glad to see the hail damage is gone.
Got my box today, too. Big box for a little sticker. Software installed yesterday, box today.
Attached Thumbnails TracKey is here!  Those that are installing - please post!-carb-decal.jpg  
Old 11/3/11, 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BDavidsonGA
I Finally have the Track Key. It was a two step process. Had to go to the dealer yesterday to sign a work order. They then sent that info to Ford, who then overnighted info back to the dealer. This afternoon got the Boss programed. The tech had to do it twice to get a patch to the original download. My dealer knows what they are doing. Since I have already been to the Track Attack, I knew what to expect, however it is great to finally have mine programed. Competition Orange #424
What difference do you notice between what you have and the Track Attack cars?
Old 11/3/11, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

So how long is it taking to install? I went to my dealer yesterday and they couldn't do it after 2 hours because the program didn't download. It was extremely frustrating as I have to go back to redo it.
Old 11/3/11, 07:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
So how long is it taking to install? I went to my dealer yesterday and they couldn't do it after 2 hours because the program didn't download. It was extremely frustrating as I have to go back to redo it.
Same problem on Tuesday, after an hour they gave up. Downloaded the patch on Wednesday morning and had is programmed in 30 minutes. I left the Boss there and they gave me a loaner to drive home as the dealership is 50 miles away.
Old 11/3/11, 08:51 PM
GT Member

This is great, good info on the installation patch and coaching your dealers on the install and obtaining the tune in the first place. But the most entertaining thing to me is that the majority of the posts about trackey a race tune made for track enhancements are talking about the lopey idle! How does that help on the track? Hilarious.
What about launch control, ABS parameters, stability control calibration, throttle response, low end torque enhancement, rev limiter changes, etc. You know stuff that really does help on track. I would really like to read about a side by side camparo on track with and without trackey. I know its early but sheesh enough about the idle already.

I am still weighing the options, aftermarket parts and tune vs stock with trackey. I know an aftermarket tune could never touch a lot of what trackey does, but again on an autocross course which is more beneficial? throttle mapping, elimination of torque limiting, etc or the aftermarket stuff? Tough to do a side by side when long tubes take 6-8 hours to install. Hope the car mags can deliver on this.
Old 11/3/11, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by davegush
I would really like to read about a side by side camparo on track with and without trackey. I know its early but sheesh enough about the idle already.
We all would - but given that we've only had it for a matter of hours and no track time, all we have quantifiable info on is throttle response, engine braking, skip-shift elimination, idle, etc. As time goes on I think we'll learn that there are more than two TracKey tunes out there. Just discussing the idle has uncovered differences already.

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 11/3/11 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!