Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/11, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smbstyle
crazy, it seems like it was just yesterday when pics were posted of Bosses getting their stripes at the plant, starting to roll into dealer lots, and people waiting for the snow to clear before taking delivery....

this year has flown by!
But it was a GREAT year and I had a lot of FUN in the Boss. So now it sleeps for a while but as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Should make it that much more FUN next spring!

Plus it gives Adam some time to sort out all the things I'll want to do to the Boss for next year
Old 10/28/11, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adam81
OREDERED!!!!! By the sound of all your northern boys putting the car away I may be one of the first people to use the key for what it was meant....on the track!
yeah this is the only good thing about weather in the south, if it hits 40 its cold for us. was still in the mid 80's last week and today is 60. we can track year round unless we get one of the odd snows in jan-feb.

then when its 115 in June you northern boys get to keep running when we cant because none of the tracks want to open due to the heat. lol trade offs

FWIW after thinking about it im not doing trackey, hope it is awesome and one of you had dang well better get the car on a dyno on the way home from install so we can see if it makes more power.
Old 10/28/11, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Not to start anything, but I was just at the dealer ordering my TracKey and we called Ford (same 800 number from the e-mail to dealers) to make sure everything was correct. They said my 'kit' would ship out Monday, but that the software the dealer needed to install it might not be available until later in the week as they had no firm delivery date. This was the Ford person on the other end of the 1-800-FORD786 number.
Old 10/28/11, 02:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
Hell, by then I'll be nearly 69 and won't notice the difference anyway! :-)
You young guys won't have any issues.

Dave that's what I'm thinking, if issues do arise I'll remove it at three years and if no issues by then I won't worry about it. I don't think it's going to be an issue and I'm now comfortable with the warranty language.
Old 10/28/11, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by JScheier
Not to start anything, but I was just at the dealer ordering my TracKey and we called Ford (same 800 number from the e-mail to dealers) to make sure everything was correct. They said my 'kit' would ship out Monday, but that the software the dealer needed to install it might not be available until later in the week as they had no firm delivery date. This was the Ford person on the other end of the 1-800-FORD786 number.
Should be an interesting week seeing who can get it first!
Old 10/28/11, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

My Ford dealer told me just now, "We're not a motorsport dealer.... we can't order that part." I cannot believe they don't know how to order something that is supposedly available at all Ford dealers....
Old 10/28/11, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Should be an interesting week seeing who can get it first!
We already had snow (still on the ground) and I drove the Boss today in sub-40* weather and didn't die. I'm livin on the edge man!
Old 10/28/11, 03:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

We already had snow (still on the ground) and I drove the Boss today in sub-40* weather and didn't die. I'm livin on the edge man!
Today I drove my car to an early lunch and it was still in the 50's, pretty cool for here. Anyway as I was getting on the FWY I like to practice my drifting moves and I was surprised how quickly my car rotated in the cooler weather. I almost lost it but my friend thought it was pretty neat.
Old 10/28/11, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
My Ford dealer told me just now, "We're not a motorsport dealer.... we can't order that part." I cannot believe they don't know how to order something that is supposedly available at all Ford dealers....
It's not available to all dealers, just SVT or FRPP dealers.
Old 10/28/11, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ufnavy06
Originally Posted by Whammer
It's not available to all dealers, just SVT or FRPP dealers.
I got the same line from my local SVT dealers.
Old 10/28/11, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You're nuts man!

Actually it was 36F this morning when I backed the Boss out of the driveway, just before I spun off into oblivion sideways, upside down and on fire.
Old 10/28/11, 06:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I got the same line from my local SVT dealers.

Believe what you want to believe but you can't just get it from a regular Ford dealer.
Old 10/28/11, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Believe what you want to believe but you can't just get it from a regular Ford dealer.
Old 10/28/11, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I think it's just lazy/misinformed parts people who don't want to bother looking into it. Regardless, I'm just going to find one of the FRPP dealers to get it done rather than keep calling around to save myself a drive.
Old 10/28/11, 07:02 PM
APW

Originally Posted by MrBonus

I think it's just lazy/misinformed parts people who don't want to bother looking into it. Regardless, I'm just going to find one of the FRPP dealers to get it done rather than keep calling around to save myself a drive.
I agree. I found a parts manager today, at a regular dealership (not SVT or FRPP), who has now ordered it for me. At first he had no idea what I was talking about. But he was wiling to try, and after I sent him the email from Ford to dealers (previously posted here), he got it all sorted out. He was definitely not lazy; he's a nice guy, who really wanted to help. The problem is that most of the dealerships have no experience with TracKey, so they frequently default to the easiest response: "no".
Old 10/28/11, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

In the US you can
Old 10/28/11, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
In the US you can
Perhaps, but some guys are being told they can't.
Old 10/28/11, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I am going to dyno the car as well on the same day I get the track key.

Need some opinions for you dyno, and ecu gurus:

1. Should I take the car to the dyno with the black key get it dyno'd....unhook at take it to the dealer for the trackey install....then drive it around with the redkey and then take it back to the dyno and do some pulls?

2. Or take it to the dealer first and have them install the tune....take it to the dyno and do some pulls with the black key and then red key....the whole time the car sits on the dyno?

My only thought is that the car may like to "learn" the driving habits and "figure" out what tune it is running therefor option 1 would be the best. But maybe it doesn't matter.....
Old 10/28/11, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've told my dealer I'm ready when they are !
Old 10/28/11, 10:34 PM
GT Member

My Boss was dealer trade arranged by my local Ford Dealer, and it came with the Red Trac Key. (one day I gotta tell you about that dealer trade! It took one new Raptor and 2 Boss's to get that deal done and my Yellow Boss delivered)!
But even though I have the Red Key in hand (at no charge, thank you very much), and have been offered programing by my dealer (again at no charge, thank you again), I won't be able to get anything done now until next Spring.
We're on the verge of snow here, and that means salt on the roads, ..... so my Boss and the wife's convertible are going into Winter Storage at 10 AM tomorrow.
I did drive the Boss to the office today, and snuck out early for an oil change and one last rip before it got tucked away. Hadn't driven it for about 3 weeks (out of town), and man it felt so good to drive again!
I really don't need a Red Key upgrade to have fun with this car!
Cheers,
Jouster

Quick Reply: TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!