2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/11, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
When you get that non-CARB tune, just don't take your red key with you when you drive to CA. That way you won't kill any of their polar bears.
TracKey kills polar bears? If that's the case, sign me up - lopey idle or not. Ford marketing oughta get on that:
TracKey is Here!
- Lopey Idle
- Skip shift disable
- Increased engine braking
- Launch Control
- Better throttle response
- Kills polar bears
It's a definite selling point for people like me.
Old 11/9/11, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to admint...... I was really hoping for the REAL lopey idle.......
Old 11/9/11, 02:42 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Thanks Dye, for that information.
Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Thanks Deysha!
Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Thank you Deysha
You're very welcome, guys! I'm working hard to get answers to your questions so you can all continue to enjoy your Bosses!!

Deysha
Old 11/9/11, 02:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by adam81
I have to admint...... I was really hoping for the REAL lopey idle.......
We all were.
Old 11/9/11, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06GT
Enough already; no amount of *****ing is going to get the idle changed to what it was in the development videos. If the idle was the most important thing for you, don't buy TK./thread
Agreed Drew.
I do not plan to buy TK. I just have a bit of difficulty with TK installed owners saying their car sounds the same as FR marketing led us to believe.

And to again clarify, although TK was a "neat to have" option for my Boss, that is certainly not why I purchased my LS.

It was, as has been chronicled by the article, "How a Dedicated Team Brought Forth The Greatest Mustang Ever Built" by Tom Wilson, the BOSS 302 Program Manager's most important "thing".
Old 11/9/11, 04:14 PM

So I went ahead and had the Trackey software installed today. Dealer sold it to me for a little over $200 Monday. I spoke to the tech and made sure he had the latest patch for his pc and he did. Actually the pc made him check before proceeding with the install. He let me back in the shop while he loaded the software and the install worked the first time with no hitches.
After 2 minutes or so the Trackey engine enable notice activated and within a few seconds the idle was noticeably different. I could hear the lope and feel it in the vibration in the car. The car does "feel" different and seems to have quicker throttle response but I will need to do some more driving with and without the TK engaged to compare.
I know we all waited for the TK and had different expectations but as of right now I am glad I went ahead and had it installed.
Old 11/9/11, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PA_Bossman
So I went ahead and had the Trackey software installed today. Dealer sold it to me for a little over $200 Monday. I spoke to the tech and made sure he had the latest patch for his pc and he did. Actually the pc made him check before proceeding with the install. He let me back in the shop while he loaded the software and the install worked the first time with no hitches.
After 2 minutes or so the Trackey engine enable notice activated and within a few seconds the idle was noticeably different. I could hear the lope and feel it in the vibration in the car. The car does "feel" different and seems to have quicker throttle response but I will need to do some more driving with and without the TK engaged to compare.
I know we all waited for the TK and had different expectations but as of right now I am glad I went ahead and had it installed.
The more you drive it, the more you'll like it
Old 11/9/11, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tob*
And there it is. It was indeed an emissions certification issue. I'd love to see the results of the failed attempts just to see which standards couldn't be met and by how much...
Mine smoged cleaner when on Tackey mode.
Old 11/9/11, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
That's incorrect and my car is proof of that. Disabling SS throws a code and the code has to be cleared before the download can start.
They had to hook it back up to clear the code, download Trackey, the again disable skip shift.
Old 11/9/11, 06:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by kwik302
They had to hook it back up to clear the code, download Trackey, the again disable skip shift.
The dealer that installed mine and another Boss at the same time with SS disconnected was able to work around that.

I'm curious why you checked the smog on your car with and without TK?
Old 11/9/11, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
::
Old 11/9/11, 07:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
::
Yep!
Old 11/9/11, 07:47 PM
V6 Member

OK I don't know all I need to know about this,but my question is, if trackey was developed for track use only why did it have to go through carb for approval, as long as it was for off road uae. Could Ford have used the black key to get past CARB? Does all race engines go through CARB. NASCAR,NHRA,SCCA. Just asking a question.

Thanks
Old 11/9/11, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockhauler53
OK I don't know all I need to know about this,but my question is, if trackey was developed for track use only why did it have to go through carb for approval, as long as it was for off road uae. Could Ford have used the black key to get past CARB? Does all race engines go through CARB. NASCAR,NHRA,SCCA. Just asking a question.

Thanks
Probably because they knew exactly what 99% of them would do and did do, drive it on city streets with the trackey.
Old 11/9/11, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I already miss those days when the track key was still not available. How's the owners package going?
And here i thought NOLA was a fun place to live, alas instead u choose to live here :-P
Old 11/9/11, 08:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyBoss302

And here i thought NOLA was a fun place to live, alas instead u choose to live here :-P
Lol. Hey ladyboss. I post when I'm working and it seems that I am always working lately. NOLA is still great.
Old 11/9/11, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Lol. Hey ladyboss. I post when I'm working and it seems that I am always working lately. NOLA is still great.
OK I am glad its charm has not worn off yet ;-) I am relieved. Don't work to hard heheeehee
Old 11/9/11, 08:28 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyBoss302

OK I am glad its charm has not worn off yet ;-) I am relieved. Don't work to hard heheeehee
Trust me. I'm not. It's rare if I am posting when I am home. This is my way to waste 12 hours.
Old 11/10/11, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

Had the trick Trackey installed this morning, drove it home and around town a bit here in Austin (anyone hear me???) Headed to the track around noon tomorrow on what should be a perfect 68-70 degree day. Initial impressions are that the throttle response is better - almost a bit twitchy in the turns home in 3rd, didn't feel hard engine braking, but also didn't push it yet past 8/10ths - did however hear a much better exhaust note on deceleration - snap, crackle pop. Lopey idle is weak, but a bit different than stock black key. I would LOVE a hardcore lopey idle like I had in my roller cammed 429 in my old Mach I, but I am more concerned about the differences tomorrow on the track. Will report back and see if I can get some video up. If I can, I will run a few with the black key, too.
As an aside, it is a part designed just for the Boss, so I would think any collector would buy it just for that reason... I also wouldn't be surprised if there aren't similar packages in future Mustangs.
Also, a great patch of road in Austin, with nice elevation changes. I drive it every chance I get
Link out - thanks to Further for the H/U on the po-po...

Last edited by GGGforce; 11/10/11 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11/10/11, 02:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GGGforce
Had the trick Trackey installed this morning, drove it home and around town a bit here in Austin (anyone hear me???) Headed to the track around noon tomorrow on what should be a perfect 68-70 degree day. Initial impressions are that the throttle response is better - almost a bit twitchy in the turns home in 3rd, didn't feel hard engine braking, but also didn't push it yet past 8/10ths - did however hear a much better exhaust note on deceleration - snap, crackle pop. Lopey idle is weak, but a bit different than stock black key. I would LOVE a hardcore lopey idle like I had in my roller cammed 429 in my old Mach I, but I am more concerned about the differences tomorrow on the track. Will report back and see if I can get some video up. If I can, I will run a few with the black key, too.
As an aside, it is a part designed just for the Boss, so I would think any collector would buy it just for that reason... I also wouldn't be surprised if there aren't similar packages in future Mustangs.
Also, a great patch of road in Austin, with nice elevation changes. I drive it every chance I get
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=64...ra=ls&t=h&z=15

Sounds great. I'm still reluctant to take the plunge and buy it. Got some track time coming up in Dec.

Regarding the google map links, may I offer some advice from a street long boarder. Never post roads on forums, big bro is watching. I know it sounds paranoid, but this unfortunately happens to some nice spots with tastey hills. Next thing you know it, you're skating in front of blue lights.

Quick Reply: TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!