2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12, 01:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not feeling that last render. The proportions look off, even though every panel is different, it still seams too similar to what we have now. Haven't seen that many risky renders lately. They were pouring in at a great pace.
Old 7/24/12, 06:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rodriguez256
Not feeling that last render. The proportions look off, even though every panel is different, it still seams too similar to what we have now. Haven't seen that many risky renders lately. They were pouring in at a great pace.
You mean it looks like a Mustang and that is BAD?
Old 7/24/12, 07:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What about this? Someone posted it a while back
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-image-2272481351.jpg  
Old 7/24/12, 10:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dougs work is some of the finest I have ever seen,,,He did this Charger a while back.. I would buy that Blue Mustang tomorrow! If Dodge had built this they would have sold a whole bunch more, IMO.....
Attached Images  
Old 7/25/12, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
Dougs work is some of the finest I have ever seen,,,He did this Charger a while back.. I would buy that Blue Mustang tomorrow! If Dodge had built this they would have sold a whole bunch more, IMO.....
That's a mean looking charger!
Old 7/25/12, 01:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It got built, too

http://www.amcarguide.com/custom/cus...-doug-schramm/

Old 7/26/12, 10:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I never have seen that!
Old 7/27/12, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Lol no I'm not saying it looks like a mustang and that's why it's bad. But why continue the same design? That's rather boring and not creative. You can throw alot of things that look like a mustang on the wall, does that mean it should be the next model? No. At least that's my opinion. If you want something that looks like a 10-14 Mustang then get a 10-14 mustang.
Old 7/27/12, 12:32 AM
Bullitt Member

We've seen alot of concepts of the exterior of the car. But I'm also wondering what they will do with the interior.
Old 7/27/12, 04:45 AM
Cobra Member

I just want the retro gone. Bring me to the future!
Old 7/27/12, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I've seen this exact Charger in person. It was built here in Colorado.
Old 7/27/12, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rodriguez256
Lol no I'm not saying it looks like a mustang and that's why it's bad. But why continue the same design? That's rather boring and not creative. You can throw alot of things that look like a mustang on the wall, does that mean it should be the next model? No. At least that's my opinion. If you want something that looks like a 10-14 Mustang then get a 10-14 mustang.
I guess what I am getting at is Ford says " you will immediately recognize it as a Mustang" So base on that What really defines a Mustang if not the proportions and lines in relation to one another? If we go with DNA like , open grill, round headlights try bar tail lights and Door scallop it's < heres that retched word again, "RETRO". If we keep with the proportion it is to much like what we have. SO WHAT IS A MUSTANG???? I never liked the FOXes because it may as well have been a rear wheel drive K car with a Big engine and MUSTANG Stamped on it.

in Architecture we have Vocabulary, that Vocabulary define a Style. you could build a Queen anne style house today that is completely different than any other ever built but you will still know it is queen anne due to the vocabulary of the design and none will call it RETRO. it is QUEEN ANNE STYLE. So the Question is What is the Vocabulary of the Mustang if not proportion, door scallops, open grill, ect.
If the a answer is a 5.0 connected to rear wheels than I might as well buy a Challenger.
Old 7/27/12, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you look at the New Edge and the S197 you can see the design queues that make it a Mustang. Even though opposite designs on those cars you can not mistake them for Mustangs. I believe you are on the mark with the items you mentioned. Now they have to roll it into a new design with those features and come out looking like a Mustang but not like one we have seen before. Not an easy task but I have faith..
Old 7/29/12, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

A mustang will always be what created the brand in the first place, the first generation. I always see a car as being an evolution of what got it started. Whats the point in calling it a mustang if it doesn't represent its ancestry. IMO the fox generation was way too far of a departure from the original.

The S197 will always be one of my favorite but I cant wait to see a new take on the mustang DNA. I would love to see a design with some 70 or 71 cues. A full on fastback body would be gorgeous as well.
Old 7/30/12, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brewman
I guess what I am getting at is Ford says " you will immediately recognize it as a Mustang" So base on that What really defines a Mustang if not the proportions and lines in relation to one another? If we go with DNA like , open grill, round headlights try bar tail lights and Door scallop it's < heres that retched word again, "RETRO". If we keep with the proportion it is to much like what we have. SO WHAT IS A MUSTANG???? I never liked the FOXes because it may as well have been a rear wheel drive K car with a Big engine and MUSTANG Stamped on it.

in Architecture we have Vocabulary, that Vocabulary define a Style. you could build a Queen anne style house today that is completely different than any other ever built but you will still know it is queen anne due to the vocabulary of the design and none will call it RETRO. it is QUEEN ANNE STYLE. So the Question is What is the Vocabulary of the Mustang if not proportion, door scallops, open grill, ect.
If the a answer is a 5.0 connected to rear wheels than I might as well buy a Challenger.
This could very well be my favorite (text only) post of this thread. Automotive design is something I have always had a non professional love for. Dream job for me; designing cars. It's honestly quite funny to read what some folks thing a Mustang is, what others classify as "retro", etc. I agree 100% with your post, for every traditional Mustang cue that might be used, there will be someone that calls it retro, and someone that calls it lineage, and someone else that calls it evolution of the element.

If this thread is any indication of vast differences in what current Mustang owners want out of the next design, Ford's certainly got their work cut out for them to come up with something that not only appeases the current customer base, but also something that will bring in new buyers. I'm confident that whatever they come up with, they will check off all the boxes on the list of elements that define what a Mustang is.
Old 7/30/12, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sharpie
Really??? You don't think this is a nice take on a modern looking Mustang??
That is awesome!!!
Old 7/30/12, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I keep coming back to this one. For me, if we have to leave the S197 behind, then THIS is what I'd want.

Like the best designs (in my opinion) its simplicity is what makes it beautiful. Rather like the DB9, it doesn't have to try too hard to stand out......no silly spoilers or exagerrated lines.....just pure and simple. Elegant, in fact.

Take the best elements of the Mustang and throw in a mix of Shelby GR1 concept and Aston DB9 and you have a seriously sexy Mustang.

In fact, I'm so in love with this design, I now have several copies (in differing colours) printed out and stuck on my kid's playroom wall (along with other Mustang photos)

(with thanks to TN for the finishing touches to Kyle's original)

HOLY CRAP, I LOVE THIS!!!!!
Old 7/30/12, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Grifftech
HOLY CRAP, I LOVE THIS!!!!!
You do realize that the car in the Photoshop would be way to costly to be the next 2015 Mustang. Nice to dream but I see so many features that would put it over the top price wise. The huge back windows, The side body scopes etc.. But hey I could be wrong...
Old 7/30/12, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's the money right there...
Old 7/30/12, 08:32 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ive been thinking, and those ^^^ chops could be a base for the next gen Ford GT... Hmmmm

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread