2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/12, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been working on this for a while...still working on a front view.

Name:  conceptmustangrearyellow.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  92.7 KB
Old 8/2/12, 11:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Studly_Studright
I like the originality!

It's to round for me up top, but a good concept none the less!
Definitely looking forward to the front view.
Old 8/2/12, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

...and white with blackout panel

Name:  conceptmustangrearwhite.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  88.9 KB
Old 8/3/12, 03:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm feeling very optimistic with what ford will do with the Mustang. It's going to move up in quality and materials. They know this is a huge undertaking and know the importance to the fan base. They've been doing pretty good designs lately. With competition and moving this to a global car, it should be a great overall design. I can't wait for some real spur shots and eventually the reveal.
Old 8/3/12, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

The front will make or break this design. Over all not a bad design. Mustang proportions, Door has a slight under stated scallop and the Tail lights look great.

Belt line is a little high so the green house could be raised a bit. other than that looks pretty good and the quality of the rendering is Fantastic.
Old 8/3/12, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Looks like a good possible *concept* because of the U-shaped rear window, but I could see this being cleaned up into a $21-60k car....
Old 8/3/12, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice render. Windshields have visibility issue with too much rake. I have driven both a Ferrari and Aston Martin and both had this problem so I doubt you'll see that kind of rake on a Mustang. The fake fuel cap is likely to disappear just too hookie a retro gimmick to stay on a modern Mustang. The lines on the roof I imagine were left over from some render you started with. T tops or doors that open that deep weaken the chassis structure which has to be maintained for crash reasons so having those cut outs makes the car heavier something they are trying to avoid.
Old 8/3/12, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
Very nice render. Windshields have visibility issue with too much rake. I have driven both a Ferrari and Aston Martin and both had this problem so I doubt you'll see that kind of rake on a Mustang. The fake fuel cap is likely to disappear just too hookie a retro gimmick to stay on a modern Mustang. The lines on the roof I imagine were left over from some render you started with. T tops or doors that open that deep weaken the chassis structure which has to be maintained for crash reasons so having those cut outs makes the car heavier something they are trying to avoid.
Very interesting points. Design vs structure is one thing most of use tend to forget. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do agree the fake gas cap is one "RETRO" Item that could go with out loosing any MUSTANG personality.
Old 8/3/12, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
haha I am no engineer or car designer just a college guy with photoshop but I agree it would have to be tweaked. Thanks for the compliments though.

Last edited by Studly_Studright; 8/3/12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 8/3/12, 07:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I like that a lot! But the rear window curve is a little much, should be squared off.
Old 8/3/12, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha I am no engineer or car designer just a college guy with photoshop but I agree it would have to be tweaked. Thanks for the compliments though.
I wouldn't have bothered critiquing it if it didn't have a lot going for it.
Old 8/3/12, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did that start with a civic si? Just curious.

I like it because it has some great unique ideas and isn't just a stretched or tweaked version of the current car. Great job.
Old 8/4/12, 01:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks but no it was some ugly buick concept and the only thing i didn't change was the background and the curved roof.

In this one I made the rear window lower and straighter
Name:  conceptmustangrearwhite2.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  88.7 KB
Old 8/4/12, 07:49 PM

I think the image has a lot of potential as well. I was thinking maybe making the rear deck a much more flat surface. Now it seems to curve upwards adding to the "bubble" effect it has going for it. On top of that it might help to have the distance between the rear window glass and the rear louvers equal to the distance from the roof glass and the passenger window. I attempted doing that myself to the jpg...I don't have the skills nor the tools of you or anyone on this thread so it would have been an embarrassment to show.

Great job though and I don't know how great my opinions are...I'm new to posting on the forum haha
Old 8/4/12, 07:49 PM

I think the image has a lot of potential as well. I was thinking maybe making the rear deck a much more flat surface. Now it seems to curve upwards adding to the "bubble" effect it has going for it. On top of that it might help to have the distance between the rear window glass and the rear louvers equal to the distance from the roof glass and the passenger window. I attempted doing that myself to the jpg...I don't have the skills nor the tools of you or anyone on this thread so it would have been an embarrassment to show.

Great job though and I don't know how great my opinions are...I'm new to posting on the forum haha
Old 8/4/12, 11:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like especially a trailing edge behind the fastback roof. If the run the roof line to the very rear of the car it will just look too heavy IMHO
Old 8/5/12, 12:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had hoped the '05 Mustang was the reset button allowing the Mustang to evolve naturally from a time before it's nasty detour in '71 and properly progress like an Aston or 911. Hopefully the new car seems like a newly thought out yet historically connected car.
Old 8/5/12, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST

If I saw this rolling past me on the street with a mustang badge on it I would probably break my neck! I love the front end, espically the lights... But the car in the third pic would be a bad idea for a mustang!
I would pre-order a 2015 as soon as they started taking orders if I knew they were going to look like this.
Old 8/5/12, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

wow thats uglier than sin.
Old 8/5/12, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
That one's not bad, but it's certainly not love at first sight. Besides, when you know what car the chop was based on, it takes a little away.

These are the only two the have immediately got me excited......enough that I can imagine wanting to buy one.

Firstly, Sean Smith's rendering that he did for Popular Hot Rodding.....although most seem to think it's too similar to the S197 (I dont').

Then there's Top Notch's rendering from a couple of weeks ago.

I would take both of these!!!

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread