2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/15, 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Son of Growly
Yup we should - but at the rate mine is progressing we will all be on snow tires!

Chuckle.

Ok I have learned to roll with it an and laugh again. If I cannot break the record for quickest delivery maybe I can get the nod for longest - at EDD as now listed the entire process will have been 103 days!
Son of Growly ~ I'm so sorry that your car is taking this long. If it makes you feel any better, because I changed my mind on the color, one week later (5/19), I now have to wait until 08/12 for it. Ugh! COTUS shows this one still In Processing. The first Mustang the dealer ordered on 5/13 is already in transit (checked today)! That means it will have taken only 6 weeks for the black one. Wow! Maybe I should have stayed with black vs. changing it to ruby red?
Old 6/3/15, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang09girl
Son of Growly ~ I'm so sorry that your car is taking this long. If it makes you feel any better, because I changed my mind on the color, one week later (5/19), I now have to wait until 08/12 for it. Ugh! COTUS shows this one still In Processing. The first Mustang the dealer ordered on 5/13 is already in transit (checked today)! That means it will have taken only 6 weeks for the black one. Wow! Maybe I should have stayed with black vs. changing it to ruby red?
Hi don't regret at the end you will get exactly what you wanted and color is a personnal feeling !
Old 6/3/15, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielSTEJ
Hi don't regret at the end you will get exactly what you wanted and color is a personnal feeling !
Yes, you are right, color is a personal feeling. I have struggled with the color from day one. LOL I liked the black, but my first mustang was black. The one I own now is brilliant silver, so that was out. Then when I saw the ruby red, in person, I fell in love with that color. I knew for sure which colors I DIDN'T want, but struggled between three colors in the end.
Old 6/3/15, 05:11 PM

Status on the deliver process : No Car yet !
The Mustang is still at the Rail Park, they never and the can't deliver it to the dealer.
This morning I called back the dealer & the Customer Care Services they did't have any clue what going on !

At the end of the morning, they called my back and they said for raison that we don't know at the moment, your car is hold by a Ford Notice asking for a QA Check ! So I asked to know why and when they will deliver my Mustang to the dealer. They don't have any idea, that could take days, weeks. I said I don't want to see my car going back to the plan in Michigan, they said we don't think so because it's very expensive to recall a car but it could be

I have an other call schedule on Friday, I expect to get answers to my questions !!

Does someone has seen this in the past ?
Old 6/3/15, 06:47 PM

Ordered 4/17 and still no build date. Deysha said there was a problem with the order but my dealer said they checked and it is OK but they do not know why the delay. Suggested it might be because of components for one of the options I ordered
Eco Boost Premium manual
Ruby Red
Performance Packagae
Adaptive Cruise
Reverse Parking assist
Nav System
50th Anniversary package
201A
Enhanced Security package

Last edited by 71BlueStang; 6/4/15 at 08:31 AM.
Old 6/4/15, 08:47 AM

Awaiting shipment!! Ordered on 4/20. Built on 6/2. Dealer said estimated delivery is 11th. Deysha and cotus both say delivery is 13th. Fingers crossed.
Old 6/4/15, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by s_dk91
Awaiting shipment!! Ordered on 4/20. Built on 6/2. Dealer said estimated delivery is 11th. Deysha and cotus both say delivery is 13th. Fingers crossed.
Congrats, s_dk91!! Deysha -- any update on my order? I sent you a PM. Was supposed to be built yesterday, but no updates in COTUS as of yet...
Old 6/4/15, 08:55 AM

That's a fast delivery, btw. Where abouts are you located? Mine was to be built yesterday, but scheduled for 6/22 -- hopefully they can beat that!!
Old 6/4/15, 08:59 AM

Ours (EB Auto Convertible in DIB with 201A and Navigation) was ordered April 18 and is scheduled to build sometime during the week of July 27. Not sure how long it will take to get up here from Flat Rock once it is built!
Old 6/4/15, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by DeviledBLUE
That's a fast delivery, btw. Where abouts are you located? Mine was to be built yesterday, but scheduled for 6/22 -- hopefully they can beat that!!
I'm located in Indiana. I'm about a 4 hour drive from the flat rock plant.

I would have had mine earlier probably if I had gone to one of the biggest dealers here in the country but I got a better price and customer service at a smaller dealer. Didn't know about dealer allocations that time.

But it's alright now I guess. I'm hoping it gets here sooner. Maybe a day if they ship it tomorrow and it reaches here the same day because it's so close 😀
Old 6/4/15, 09:30 AM

Where are you located DeviledBLUE?
Old 6/4/15, 09:45 AM

Where are you located DeviledBLUE?
Charlotte, NC -- unfortunately quite a bit further than Indiana!
Old 6/4/15, 10:00 AM

Charlotte, NC -- unfortunately quite a bit further than Indiana!
Ah that's 8 hours away from me. In fact I'm driving to Charlotte with a few friends on July 25th. There's a soccer game, Chelsea v P.S.G!
Old 6/4/15, 10:08 AM

Does anyone know when is the planned shutdown at the Flat Rock assembly? I heard someone say that Black Mustang's would be faster, I have ordered mine 4/29 and my EDD is 7/27. So I guess its all about right place at the right time and teaching us some patience :-).
Old 6/4/15, 12:58 PM

In Transit

My car completed the production on 6/1 and switched to In Transit same day. And my delivery date switched from 6/30 to 6/25. 20 more days to go. Can't wait. Hope to pick it up on 27 or 28 as I got some accessories, paint, rust and leather treatments to be done on it.
Old 6/4/15, 03:38 PM

Just switched to in Transit. I'm 4 hours away. Still says 7 days to delivery
Old 6/4/15, 04:36 PM

Just switched to in Transit. I'm 4 hours away. Still says 7 days to delivery
Think positive, calming thoughts -- I'll be optimistic for you that it hits tomorrow ahead of the weekend
Old 6/4/15, 04:45 PM

Think positive, calming thoughts -- I'll be optimistic for you that it hits tomorrow ahead of the weekend
Thank you DeviledBLUE. Somewhere I'm hoping too that it comes to my dealer tomorrow sometime. It would be perfect.
Old 6/4/15, 07:12 PM

Status on the deliver process : No Car yet !
The Mustang is still at the Rail Park, they never and the can't deliver it to the dealer.
This morning I called back the dealer & the Customer Care Services they did't have any clue what going on !

At the end of the morning, they called my back and they said for raison that we don't know at the moment, your car is hold by a Ford Notice asking for a QA Check ! So I asked to know why and when they will deliver my Mustang to the dealer. They don't have any idea, that could take days, weeks. I said I don't want to see my car going back to the plan in Michigan, they said we don't think so because it's very expensive to recall a car but it could be

I have an other call schedule on Friday, I expect to get answers to my questions !!

Does someone has seen this in the past ?
It's look like it will be tough to get my car for the weekend!
I'll have a serious call with Ford representative tomorrow, base on what I hear from the dealer, they retain my car at the rail park for the most stupid thing that nobody can't think

I started a new thread, because Ford are very good to build car, to do the marketing but they don't care about Customer Services.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...rience-537492/
Old 6/5/15, 07:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustm26
For those of you, like me, who take delivery and find their Mustang already has over 20 miles on it, I think I have the reason why.

I just watched a YouTube video that stated in part of that captioning a lucky 5% of all Mustangs get picked at random for a full test track evaluation. Most likely that explains the 23 miles on mine besides the dealer putting 3 miles on it to fill up the tank.
Hahaha! That is great, Mustm26! That is correct. The fact that it had 23 miles is normal for a vehicle that was selected at the factory for quality checks/runs (which may have been done by Vaughn). Normally there is a paper inside the vehicle stating so.

Originally Posted by mstray66
So I found a small impression on my trunk lid just above the left tail light. It is hard to see and I am wondering if I should say anything...my concern is will the paint match if they fix it. Like I said it is small. About the size if a quarter.
You should definitely let your dealer know about this, mstray66. A professional paint technician will follow the paint manufacturer’s guidelines for application of the primer, basecoat and top (clear) coat. Following the paint manufacturer’s guidelines will ensure a good paint color match.

Hi Kay50h ,
I was supposed to go to Niagara next weekend but I had to cancelled all our reservations because you know what, we still waiting to get the car. Tomorrow this will make a week since it's at the rail park and it's about 30 min ride from my house. There is something that I don't understand.

In August would like to see a friend of mine at Winnipeg may be I can drive by Hamilton
Have they contacted the trucking company or the rail yard yet, DanielSTEJ? What have they said?

Car was built yesterday. Does it take a day to build it?
It takes about 3 days to build, s_dk91.

Originally Posted by mustang09girl
Hi there! My dealer ordered my Mustang on 5/13. I got my VIN# on 5/15. It was in Order Processing until 5/26. It left In Production on 6/01. Left Awaiting Shipment on 6/02, and as of today, 6/03 it's In Transit. The EDD is 6/23. However, a week after the dealer put this order in, I changed my mind on the color to Ruby Red. This one was ordered on 5/19, got a VIN# on 5/21. The car has been in Order Processing ever since, with an EDD of 08/12. Makes me want to change my mind again, and go with the Black Mustang that will be ready on 6/23!
This is due to its build date, mustang09girl. It’s not until next month.

Originally Posted by sjanjua
As of right now my car is awaiting shipment with an EDD of 6/22 so I'm hoping I get it soon I was close to doing what you did and changing the color but now that I see how much longer I would've had to wait I'm glad I stuck with my first choice lol
It’s waiting to be released, sjanjua.

Originally Posted by 71BlueStang
Ordered 4/17 and still no build date. Deysha said there was a problem with the order but my dealer said they checked and it is OK but they do not know why the delay. Suggested it might be because of components for one of the options I ordered
Eco Boost Premium manual
Ruby Red
Performance Packagae
Adaptive Cruise
Reverse Parking assist
Nav System
50th Anniversary package
201A
Enhanced Security package
It still hasn’t scheduled, 71BlueStang. Just have them keep an eye on it.

Congrats, s_dk91!! Deysha -- any update on my order? I sent you a PM. Was supposed to be built yesterday, but no updates in COTUS as of yet...
I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible, DeviledBLUE.

Originally Posted by wrightworth
Ours (EB Auto Convertible in DIB with 201A and Navigation) was ordered April 18 and is scheduled to build sometime during the week of July 27. Not sure how long it will take to get up here from Flat Rock once it is built!
I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible, DeviledBLUE

Originally Posted by stanggod
Does anyone know when is the planned shutdown at the Flat Rock assembly? I heard someone say that Black Mustang's would be faster, I have ordered mine 4/29 and my EDD is 7/27. So I guess its all about right place at the right time and teaching us some patience :-).
It's at the end of this month, stanggod.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 6/5/15 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread