2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Share Worst Order Experience

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/15, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Share Worst Order Experience

Hi
I decided to start this thread to share Worst Order Experience with Ford to help people when they thought they may have the worst order experience, they always can find someone whom his order experience was worst!
Old 6/5/15, 07:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielSTEJ
Hi
I decided to start this thread to share Worst Order Experience with Ford to help people when they thought they may have the worst order experience, they always can find someone whom his order experience was worst!
Just my 2 cents, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be happy that Ford was addressing any issues before I received the car... ensuring it was 100% perfect. I know we live in an entitled era these days, but I can't believe the negativeness surrounding an iconic automobile, all around the fact that you can't have it now.

While you say it's the most stupid thing that nobody can think of... it would probably turn out to be something that YOU would be pissed about and would be *****in that it wasn't built right in the first place.

Ford has no control over what dealers say or do on a daily basis and they are the ones placing the orders... Ford pays for a pretty awesome CS rep (Deysha) to spend time on social media boards trying to clean up issues. To be honest... Deysha does a pretty darn good job.
My advice: Rooster down. Contact Deysha (she has proven to have the most accurate info) Be patient and happy your getting a bad *** car that is 100% perfect.
Old 6/5/15, 11:08 AM
V6 Member

It is a difficult process, ordering these cars. We all want them yesterday, and all of us have to wait longer than we think we can bear - whether it be 5 weeks or 15 weeks.

I have read so many postings on all of the forums pages about these cars. I have to say one thing I am almost certain of is that Ford is making an extra effort to make sure these cars are well made and arrive in the best possible condition. Yes, they seem to care, weird, and this care is reflected in the customer service we all receive from Deysha and Jeff.

My beef is/was with the dealers, but I am over this now. I realized sales managers have a compulsion to get that order - no matter how many lies they have to tell you to get you to sign. Sorry, my apologies to anyone in sales, chuckle. For them a sale is a sale, for me? Well, I had hoped for a relationship for service and after market additions. The dealership I purchased from will not be the dealership to benefit form a further relationship.

Ok, so I am on track for a 103 day period between order and delivery - if nothing changes downstream. Long time to wait and our Canadian summer will be more than half over by the time I get behind the wheel. So be it. I completely sympathize with Daniel's feelings of frustration. He is one of the long wait customers, and to have to wait further with the car so close must be kind of devastating. But you are right JMan69 - better to get whatever problem cleared up now, than to have to take the car back to the dealer after delivery.

But I do not completely understand what can be done for the car at the rail yard in Montreal. I would think the dealer is the place to get the car to for any warranty issues before delivery. Again, some clear answers would go a long way to allowing us to understand the process.

Just my opinions here.

Cheers
Old 6/5/15, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
My 4-6 weeks turned into 3.5 months. Which is sad considering the assembly plant is 25 miles from my house.

Meanwhile a coworker of mine ordered a BMW 3 series, and his was here in 8 weeks including a trip across the ocean, and customs. Plus he got email updates every week about the progress of his car.

THIS is the kind of thing Ford needs to fix.

Cars have to be right, and they have to get to your dealer in the promised timeline. As an end customer I could care less if it's a FMC's fault of dealer's fault. They both have the Blue Oval on their business cards. If BMW can deliver a car from Germany on time and with no flaws, including a trans Atlantic journey, why should Ford have an excuse not to? ... yeah, exactly.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/5/15 at 08:03 PM.
Old 6/5/15, 08:12 PM

My 2015 GT came in 34 days from order to driving it home...

Also, just for fun, my wife works for a BMW dealer. If you think every BMW comes across in 8 weeks...
Also, just for fun, BMW produces a lot of vehicles right here in the USA anyways...
Old 6/5/15, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by JMan69

Also, just for fun, my wife works for a BMW dealer. If you think every BMW comes across in 8 weeks...
Also, just for fun, BMW produces a lot of vehicles right here in the USA anyways...
So, just for fun, what's Ford's excuse for roughly half the orders being way late?

Or dealers not having any info in order status?
Or allocation issues?

Why do we have to contact Ford reps and beg and plead for status info? It was 6 weeks before my car even got scheduled. Sure, not every Bemer gets here on time, but I bet your wait time was the exception, not the rule.

One 2014 Shelby GT500 guy had pictures of his own mustang that he took over the fence at the loading dock at Flat Rock Assembly 3 weeks before the car got to a dealer. Un-acceptable.

The order process is one of places where Ford needs to make some major improvements.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/5/15 at 09:28 PM.
Old 6/5/15, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Worst order experience VS impatient people waiting for cars they ordered, thinking its going to take 4-6 weeks because one person on internet got his that fast by some kind of miracle.....

yea, both are all the same in my view.

My car took 2.5-3 months from order to dealer, Its a wait game and there is nothing anyone can do to speed it up in any way.
Old 6/5/15, 11:21 PM

I think this thread should have been started on a Camaro forum.
Old 6/6/15, 06:23 AM

Hi this is my Worst Experience with Ford
First of all there is nothing about the car, I'm 100% sure that the GT Mustang is a amazing car and it's one of the reason I did not cancel my order yet. The other reason why I didn't cancel the order it's the great job did by my dealer, probably the best dealer in the Montreal Area.
I order the GT 2015 in March 3/9
The car was build March 30th , after 21 days, Very good we were very happy to hear that!
After that the car was in "Waiting for shipment" without any EDD for 55 days!
The Customer Services said they may have something very important for keeping the car, it could be a security raison but this information is private and belongs to the plant. Ok, but from several unofficials sources the issue came from the transportation. I offer them several solutions but they always said no. I offer them to ship the car at local dealer in Michigan and I'll pick it up there, they said no, be patient and wait !
So the car was send may 24 by train and arrived at the rail park on May 27th.
So people told me from there it's usualy 24 to 48 hours and the EDD was may 30th.
That's good , last week the dealer said we 'll do everything we can to deliver your Mustang for the weekend. At 5:30 pm I received a call, the salesman said we are very sorry to tell you that, but for a very strange raison that we don't know we didn't received your car yet. But as promise, come to the garage and we will give you a new GT Mustang Convertible for the weekend.

This week, I did not received the car on Monday, on Tuesday and on Wenesday. I called back the dealer and he said we had no clue what going on, nobody retruned our calls. Your car is on hold for QA .

Finaly we found out :

I had the confirmation from Ford Customer Care Director yesterday. The stupid Issue I'm talking about it's the Window Sticker.
Yes, the sheet that they put on the Window at the dealer.
Ford Canada doesn't want to deliver the car to the dealer without it inside the car.
I already have it because I printed it in May , the dealer has also a copy but Ford need to put this sheet of paper by themself inside the car! The Director said : could take days, weeks and we hope you will get your car soon ! She has no actions plan, she only can send e-mail and wait hoping to get answers soon.

I can understand it may be mandatory to deliver the car with that sheet of paper in the Window but it's a one hour issue to ask someone from Ford to go there and fix it.
The sheet is available on the Internet. No, the car is still there and I'll using the demo car from the dealer. The dealer said it's too stupid, keep the demo car until we fix that!

Last edited by DanielSTEJ; 6/6/15 at 06:24 AM.
Old 6/6/15, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 here. The little woman ordered hers on black Friday, and drove it home on January 2nd. Perhaps you guys may want to insure you are ordering from a Ford dealer that has a Mustang allotment- that is a much bigger deal than you think! If they don't have an allotment number, they go to the back of the line each and every month until a dealer with a number doesn't want to use it. This is fact-not internet BS. For instance, the dealer I choose to use is a huge mover of F150s, so he orders every one he can lay his hands on. Mustangs, however, he only wants a couple around, so his allotment is rarely maxed out. Another dealer a few miles away is all about Focuses, and so on.
Old 6/6/15, 09:52 AM

Ordered on 11/20/2014,drove away from dealer on 12/21/2014. My car was built 2/20/2014 so I guess it was sitting around somewhere.
Old 6/6/15, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
My 4-6 weeks turned into 3.5 months. Which is sad considering the assembly plant is 25 miles from my house.

Meanwhile a coworker of mine ordered a BMW 3 series, and his was here in 8 weeks including a trip across the ocean, and customs. Plus he got email updates every week about the progress of his car.

THIS is the kind of thing Ford needs to fix.

Cars have to be right, and they have to get to your dealer in the promised timeline. As an end customer I could care less if it's a FMC's fault of dealer's fault. They both have the Blue Oval on their business cards. If BMW can deliver a car from Germany on time and with no flaws, including a trans Atlantic journey, why should Ford have an excuse not to? ... yeah, exactly.
WOW! This is impressive, as I have a friend who ordered a BMW, and it took 80 days total. He didn't get to drive it for very long, when somebody backed into the rear panel. It was in the shop for around 4 weeks getting fixed.
Old 6/6/15, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Just my 2 cents, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be happy that Ford was addressing any issues before I received the car... ensuring it was 100% perfect. I know we live in an entitled era these days, but I can't believe the negativeness surrounding an iconic automobile, all around the fact that you can't have it now.

While you say it's the most stupid thing that nobody can think of... it would probably turn out to be something that YOU would be pissed about and would be *****in that it wasn't built right in the first place.

Ford has no control over what dealers say or do on a daily basis and they are the ones placing the orders... Ford pays for a pretty awesome CS rep (Deysha) to spend time on social media boards trying to clean up issues. To be honest... Deysha does a pretty darn good job.
My advice: Rooster down. Contact Deysha (she has proven to have the most accurate info) Be patient and happy your getting a bad *** car that is 100% perfect.
I actually had a wonderful ordering experience from my Ford dealer. If I hadn't changed my mind on color, the car would be here on June 25th. It was ordered on 5/13 and is in transit now. With changing the color, just six days later, I now have to wait until July 20th for it to even be built. I understand this is because the plant already had all of June's allotments and the plant is closing down for two weeks at the end of June. I'm not happy that I have to wait, but it will be WORTH the wait!!

I'm sorry for all of you that have been waiting for 3-4 months!
Old 6/6/15, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by elfiero
+1 here. The little woman ordered hers on black Friday, and drove it home on January 2nd. Perhaps you guys may want to insure you are ordering from a Ford dealer that has a Mustang allotment- that is a much bigger deal than you think! If they don't have an allotment number, they go to the back of the line each and every month until a dealer with a number doesn't want to use it. This is fact-not internet BS. For instance, the dealer I choose to use is a huge mover of F150s, so he orders every one he can lay his hands on. Mustangs, however, he only wants a couple around, so his allotment is rarely maxed out. Another dealer a few miles away is all about Focuses, and so on.
This is very true! The sales guy explained all of this to us. He told us that they hadn't used all of their allotments for the Mustang though, but now come to find out, I do have to wait until July for it to be built vs. June. The first Mustang they ordered made it under the June allotment, but not the one they ordered just 6 days later.
Old 6/8/15, 08:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Son of Growly
It is a difficult process, ordering these cars. We all want them yesterday, and all of us have to wait longer than we think we can bear - whether it be 5 weeks or 15 weeks.

I have read so many postings on all of the forums pages about these cars. I have to say one thing I am almost certain of is that Ford is making an extra effort to make sure these cars are well made and arrive in the best possible condition. Yes, they seem to care, weird, and this care is reflected in the customer service we all receive from Deysha and Jeff.

My beef is/was with the dealers, but I am over this now. I realized sales managers have a compulsion to get that order - no matter how many lies they have to tell you to get you to sign. Sorry, my apologies to anyone in sales, chuckle. For them a sale is a sale, for me? Well, I had hoped for a relationship for service and after market additions. The dealership I purchased from will not be the dealership to benefit form a further relationship.

Ok, so I am on track for a 103 day period between order and delivery - if nothing changes downstream. Long time to wait and our Canadian summer will be more than half over by the time I get behind the wheel. So be it. I completely sympathize with Daniel's feelings of frustration. He is one of the long wait customers, and to have to wait further with the car so close must be kind of devastating. But you are right JMan69 - better to get whatever problem cleared up now, than to have to take the car back to the dealer after delivery.

But I do not completely understand what can be done for the car at the rail yard in Montreal. I would think the dealer is the place to get the car to for any warranty issues before delivery. Again, some clear answers would go a long way to allowing us to understand the process.

Just my opinions here.

Cheers
Thank you for the kind words and support, guys!

I understand the wait can be a bit frustrating, but whether it’s a window sticker or a seat issue; we will not allow a vehicle to be delivered incomplete, misbuilt, or damaged in any way for the sake of great timing. This information is also proprietary to the plant, so it’s not sharable with me, dealers, or customers. I’m here to help where I can with your order statuses.

Deysha
Old 6/8/15, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the kind words and support, guys!

I understand the wait can be a bit frustrating, but whether it’s a window sticker or a seat issue; we will not allow a vehicle to be delivered incomplete, misbuilt, or damaged in any way for the sake of great timing. This information is also proprietary to the plant, so it’s not sharable with me, dealers, or customers. I’m here to help where I can with your order statuses.

Deysha

Hy Deysha, I'm very sorry but this not personal to you and YES you does a great job by informing people with accurate order's status. This is not a car issue, the new Mustang it's an amazing car built by great engineer. Be patient and wait it's also not an issue when you have the confident that you got respect from others. I had a case opened at Ford Canada Customer Services since May 7th only to get an EDD. I did follow-up with them twice a week, right now the car is about 30 minutes close to my dealer since 2 weeks, but nobody can't touch it until Ford fix this Windows Sticker Issue. That it's after the car was park in a parking lot for 8 weeks without anybody touch it. So the issue we not a security issue, nor a lack of quality in any pieces of the car, it's a windows sticker issue.
Because it's a special order from a customer, the car will not be reside in a showroom 1 second and this window sticker will go straight to the bin when the car will arrive to the dealer. So to be clear, I’m very patient, I wait for that car since 2013 when I tried one at the dealer and I knew that the model will change for my 50th anniversary. If it's take 6 months to build the car I want, no problem I will wait and I dont want any Camaro nor BMW. If Ford told me that my car is on hold for a security or a quality raison, this is not an issue and I’ll be very patient and wait. But when the builder keep you in the dark, keep the car you are paying for on hold during 10 weeks and doing nothing you not testing my patient, it's just a lack of respect to the customer.

I understand you don’t like to read that type of post, but don't take this personally, you don't have any control on that and you have very limited resources from whom you can pull information’s. Send that post to the management not for trying to help me to get my car sooner, just because at Ford, in some cases there are rooms for improvement in that process! If we don't tell them who will do and how they will improve it?

Last thing I would like to precise, the dealer did a great job since day one. All this painful process teach me that to have a good dealer is very important not only how much you pay. It's not their fault but since two weeks they give me access to a demo car a new GT close same to mine but build 2 days before! This dealer is the main reason that I did not and I will not cancel the order.
So I will still be very patient and wait for my car, but will not stop telling to Ford that I want to be respected as all others customer.

Regards,
Daniel
Old 6/8/15, 09:09 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I could write a book... mid '05, finally won battle with the wife- the 3 kids/4 seats thing was a wee problem, but, finally worked it out...

went to order a sonic gt stick- order banks closed the day prior...ok, a 06 vista gt stick ordered the day the 06 orders started going in- priority 10, one of two allocations they had, down payment made, etc...a month goes by, I'm watching blueoval forums, vins issued in 20,000 range already, same day placed in florida. do more research, learn of fords stupid regional allocation... out of 99 dealers then in the 'pittsburgh region' which included our northeast ohio dealer guess what: the 99 got to 'split' 2 gt sticks a week among them???
meanwhile in sunny florida, priority 40 stock ordered cars were spilling onto ebay. I do some more research dig up fords email structure, start writing emails about my 3 month wait for vin on a allocated order, and another guys SEVEN month wait on a allocated order... a nice vice president got us each a priority one DORA the next day woo-hoo! still pissed about regional allocation being allowed to cut in line ahead of allocated orders I keep writing Ford, do find out a lot of them are car nuts, and agree completely about allocation/customer service limitations compared to Kzinti over at blue oval, think some of these mighta got thru as wasnt long after that things discussed(3 yr warranty on 5 yr loans? dealer cant track car? customer service 'call your dealer' loop of tape 'service'...) seemed to turn around a bit. they agreed 5 yr powertrain wouldnt cost them, and made sense as a way to not scare off would-be buyers, NADA 'stuff' limits what 'tracking'/info they could share, but they did add 'dealer visibility' to help dealers at least get access to where orders stood- and better yet social media was seeing reps pop up with authority to at least push questions a little bit- kinda like the 'friend at the factory' we had with Kzinti...

Anyways, 5 months after ordering, I have a 'baby bag' packed waiting...clean clothes/shoes, favorite CD, insurance info- just chompin at the bit for the call...Kzinti helped me track it till it went on the hauler at the holding lot... finally the call comes- I'm at work, my boss is also one of my best friends- he tells one of the guys to take me in the shop truck to go get it, he wants to see it too...another of my best friends drives me the 1/2 hour to the dealer, there it sits- why is the trunk open???

idiot car hauler cant drive stick, let it roll back into a ramp above it, shoved the wing a inch deep into the quarter, of course, the quarter/trunk/wing bent all to hell... so there sat old 34068 with my name on its window sticker after five months of waiting- and I cant even test drive. I'm livid- and stupid- insist its my car, i'll take it, bring back next week for repairs... nope. dealer could care less, ford could care less- 'its the transport companies property till recieved, and cant be recieved till repaired'... no sleep for 2 days over this crap...third day, no resolution from anyone(the poor car sat there 2 more weeks unmoved), I call and say screw this - I'm done, and with Ford especially...

I forgot - that first day, I emailed some more higher ups at ford... a half hour after I call dealer and say forget it, and finally feel semi-sane after 5 months of this BS stressing over just trying to buy a product, I finally calm down, get back to work... my cellphone rings- this is so and so, regional manager for Ford, Darryl called(like he thought I knew the guy) and said do whatever it takes to fix this- he already had an identical priority one DORA(but it said 'regional' where first one had my name on it), promised it would arrive before Christmas, guaranteed 'handled with kid gloves'... oooookay... so its back on.

we go to florida on vacation, blueoval had a massive forum crash- Kzinti unavailable, no tracking info but dealer is helpful- it gets built, heads to holding lot- they cant track any farther... 5 days later we leave, no car... I stop in Daytona at Gary Yeomans, they have 20 gts on the lot, one identical to what I ordered-if mine dont come in, I'm gonna follow the wife home in one- but then worry about salt/weather...hmm... worries unfounded, get the call, its in... cut vacation a day short and get home (on wifes birthday no less) she drops me off at the dealer after a 20 hour drive... I'm so nervous/wired, afraid I'll wreck it can barely sign my name- but look it over, just as asked, still in plastic, no prep, no plate holes drilled... very surreal day. they hand me the keys, think I actually cried drove to the gas station to fill up- it keeps clicking off, wont take any gas- but I read about that already, and already knew guys said turn nozzle upside down it fills up- so happy in my knowledge of tricks, I flip the nozzle, start filling up, all proud of myself...then it pukes like a fountain after the pump clicks off- my biggest worry was no clean clothes, didnt want gas smell in there...look and not a drop on me

take the long way home, great as it was to FINALLY get my car, I swear, its still as fun to drive today as it was 9 yrs ago.

in 07, find out wifes pregnant(kinda a big deal- she'd had radiation/chemo years before for non-hodgkins lymphoma, docs gave her the ok to try for a girl- we already had 3 sons) now the seat issue is even worse...a mustang only seats 4 total...hmm- but two mustangs seat eight we get her a 07 pony/auto...

in 09, we are in florida again... speed channel has been advertising the 10 reveal, I stay up late to watch it- hoping I dont like it, as dont want to WANT a new one as bad as I did the 05 model... anyways, see it, and not only dont want one, but hate it so bad(taillights) I'm afraid ford might never build another I like... aways said if I could go back in time, I'd squirrel away a new 69 fastback- well that aint gonna happen, but, 09s were still being made for another week...wife was in a good mood, called the dealer to order a 09 first thing in the morning, 1000 miles from home...the day we leave for home, dealer calls- 'employee discount' special might run out before delivery- BUT, he found the exact car with 3.2 miles on it in Michigan, can flatbed it down for 500, and have it there when we get home... so again, we get home from florida to pick up a new mustang- but this one rides home on the truck, and still has yet to be even test driven- 4.9 miles as of this date, just from moving around every few weeks, aside from oil/filters and a few gallons of fuel its still a virgin... sprayed the aluminum motor with wd40 to halt the white corrosion, its a little darker than as-cast, but spotless, only thing 'wrong' is the tiny bubbles along the hood hem they all had new, blistered up last fall. was only washed twice, sat indoors under a shelby cover since day one, and the little spots I knew would baloon up sooner or later, did... but while the 06/07 hood failures didnt really upset me that bad, picking the paint off that virgin car about made me blow a gasket... really ashamed of ford- and as I read of all these guys with even 14's going in for blistering hoods, it just makes me madder than ever at ford- really, I think I'm as fed up at ford as the day my first 06 got crunched, every time I see a new one blistered up or a buyer getting denied warranty.
these are truly wonderful cars, but Ford should be ashamed of the way they are screwing folks with these hoods...we paid good money, expected decent quality, and they are still shipping junk a decade later...just not right. All you guys with hood issues, I feel for ya- and have done about all I can to be a thorn in Fords side until they man up and fix this well documented problem.
Attached Thumbnails Share Worst Order Experience-mustang-1-f.jpg   Share Worst Order Experience-christmaspic05-105.jpg   Share Worst Order Experience-4-mustangs-img_20130801_184435.jpg  

Last edited by ford4v429; 6/8/15 at 09:27 PM.
Old 6/8/15, 10:03 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I think the biggest problems are two:
1) Dealers are afraid of being caught in lies
2)NADA could care less about car BUYERS.

I really think the biggest reason Kzinti got shut down originally, was a couple dealers were caught in lies- I know for sure one guy whose vinned car 'never got built' according to his dealer, found out his dealer had actually dealer traded his car out from under him for a few extra bucks...

sadly, this stuff gets labelled 'proprietary' rather than face the wrath of NADA... many other makes can track cars right thru, ford can too- Kzinti and his cohorts supposedly accessed 'tems' computer system used throughout the plants(he was in a truck plant from what I recall- had nothing to do with mustangs) and prettymuch any employee that had any free time could look up a vin and see where it was- and it was awesome... I really think Ford mighta caught some flak from a crooked dealer with their NADA backing, a shame really- but still, Ford sees dealer as customer, and car buyers as dealers problem- maybe not because they want it that way, but because of archaic rules in place to protect dealers antics from coming to light... everyone agrees it would be best to process retails in order recieved, but crooked dealers could make bogus sold orders... so a 'non transferrable name needs assigned somehow- ut then if a customer backs out, they lose the allocation- its a kinda tough problem, but currently hurts good dealers and good customers only-weird, but just the way it is...

I *wish* Ford could take non-transferrable internet orders only at MSRP, in order recieved, to be sold/delivered thru a dealer of your choice- without ever stepping foot in the dealership...I truly think this eventually will be the norm, it keeps everyone happy, everyone honest, and makes sense... if only Ford cared enough about the small portion of orders that are retails...the lions share of sales are still walk-ins and fleet, so the enthusiastic wannabe ford ordering car nut gets kinda snubbed...we just arent enough of the business to warrant fixing NADA catering rules... eventually Ford will figure out who the buyer is- but NADA will fight tooth and nail to insulate dealers, protect facts that might catch them in lies, let them keep 'regional allocation' leverage to cut in line forever in front of slower region's allocated sales- even if they are few... my dealer had 2 mustang allocations a month, some get 100, plus stock orders before smaller ones get even 1- its really stupid that a 'sale' gets held up by zip code... but thats the agreement ford signed...the whole structure needs some restructuring- dealers need some 'stuff', but blocking a BUYERS data from them, by preventing Ford from sharing it, is just counterproductive... every frustrating order experience just helps sell more BMW, Hondas, other makes that arent as black-hole-like as Ford...
Old 6/9/15, 10:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford4v429
I think the biggest problems are two:
1) Dealers are afraid of being caught in lies
2)NADA could care less about car BUYERS.

I really think the biggest reason Kzinti got shut down originally, was a couple dealers were caught in lies- I know for sure one guy whose vinned car 'never got built' according to his dealer, found out his dealer had actually dealer traded his car out from under him for a few extra bucks...

sadly, this stuff gets labelled 'proprietary' rather than face the wrath of NADA... many other makes can track cars right thru, ford can too- Kzinti and his cohorts supposedly accessed 'tems' computer system used throughout the plants(he was in a truck plant from what I recall- had nothing to do with mustangs) and prettymuch any employee that had any free time could look up a vin and see where it was- and it was awesome... I really think Ford mighta caught some flak from a crooked dealer with their NADA backing, a shame really- but still, Ford sees dealer as customer, and car buyers as dealers problem- maybe not because they want it that way, but because of archaic rules in place to protect dealers antics from coming to light... everyone agrees it would be best to process retails in order recieved, but crooked dealers could make bogus sold orders... so a 'non transferrable name needs assigned somehow- ut then if a customer backs out, they lose the allocation- its a kinda tough problem, but currently hurts good dealers and good customers only-weird, but just the way it is...

I *wish* Ford could take non-transferrable internet orders only at MSRP, in order recieved, to be sold/delivered thru a dealer of your choice- without ever stepping foot in the dealership...I truly think this eventually will be the norm, it keeps everyone happy, everyone honest, and makes sense... if only Ford cared enough about the small portion of orders that are retails...the lions share of sales are still walk-ins and fleet, so the enthusiastic wannabe ford ordering car nut gets kinda snubbed...we just arent enough of the business to warrant fixing NADA catering rules... eventually Ford will figure out who the buyer is- but NADA will fight tooth and nail to insulate dealers, protect facts that might catch them in lies, let them keep 'regional allocation' leverage to cut in line forever in front of slower region's allocated sales- even if they are few... my dealer had 2 mustang allocations a month, some get 100, plus stock orders before smaller ones get even 1- its really stupid that a 'sale' gets held up by zip code... but thats the agreement ford signed...the whole structure needs some restructuring- dealers need some 'stuff', but blocking a BUYERS data from them, by preventing Ford from sharing it, is just counterproductive... every frustrating order experience just helps sell more BMW, Hondas, other makes that arent as black-hole-like as Ford...
I know for a fact that Honda avoids this whole mess by simply refusing to do special orders AT ALL. How they do it is: when they get enough dealer orders for say: Accord coupes, they run a BUNCH of accord coupes, and they get divided among the dealers- with no regards to color or option desires. If you want a certain color or option combo, and the dear can't find it on someone elses lot- you are S.O.L. Have you ever noticed you never see 1-off Hondas? that's because there is no such thing. At Honda- you buy what's on the lot, or- thanks for stopping in!
Old 6/9/15, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I could write a book... mid '05, finally won battle with the wife- the 3 kids/4 seats thing was a wee problem, but, finally worked it out...
Hi ford4v429, thanks for your share, you make me laugh. It's good to find someone with a worst story

Quick Reply: Share Worst Order Experience