2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/15, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to give an update. Called my dealer and he had a VIN number for my car. I put the VIN into COTUS and it's status is currently "In Production". Also, it's estimating that my delivery will be in 16 days. How accurate is that? If it really is going to be delivered in 16 days then that's awesome. Definitely feeling a little better now that I have a little more information
Old 6/1/15, 02:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sjanjua
Just wanted to give an update. Called my dealer and he had a VIN number for my car. I put the VIN into COTUS and it's status is currently "In Production". Also, it's estimating that my delivery will be in 16 days. How accurate is that? If it really is going to be delivered in 16 days then that's awesome. Definitely feeling a little better now that I have a little more information
Its hard to say at this point. If it builds soon, passes quality control, and then ships soon, there is a very high chance 16 days is correct.

however as most of us have seen, if it does not pass QC, it gets put on hold and worked on in sequential order. This could take anywhere from 1-8 weeks.

So until the car is produced and you get more info. I would take the ETA as more of an "Estimate" than a hard deadline.

The average is around 10-12 weeks with some people getting theirs at 6 weeks (I hate you guys :P)...and a few waiting over 4 months ( I really feel for you guys, it was hard for me at 12 weeks...i cant imagine what you guys are going through and can only hope you get your cars soon. On the Upside, most of us on the hold, got exceptional cars with most of the panel alignment issues fixed, its worth the wait, every-time I put my foot down, i realize this).
Old 6/1/15, 02:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to rub it in, but I took delivery of mine 35 days after I placed my deposit on it!!! I am still amazed at the time it took to build and deliver it!! I must have timed it perfectly with the production schedule.
Old 6/1/15, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mustm26
Not to rub it in, but I took delivery of mine 35 days after I placed my deposit on it!!! I am still amazed at the time it took to build and deliver it!! I must have timed it perfectly with the production schedule.
^ hes the guy I hate.

Haha congrats again man, you definitely got lucky with the production schedule. I definitely used you as a reference when I was asking my dealer where my car was.
Old 6/1/15, 02:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustm26
I took delivery of my mustang exactly 35 days from order as well... I talked to the GM at my dealer and he said it was the fastest he had ever seen, but I was lucky that they day I ordered was the week they had an allotment for their dealer. They subbed my car for one of the allotments already planned. I got the VIN 3 days after I placed the order. So, there are many factors involved that dictate the time.
I feel for you 12 week (or longer) waiters... I got very lucky.
Old 6/1/15, 02:59 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Son of Growly
Really? Sorry Deysha, not your fault I know - but this is unacceptable. Does Ford not care what their dealers tell customers? If I had been told August at least I would have had the choice to proceed or not.

Sorry Deysha, I know it is not your fault but I am pretty angry at the moment.
She won’t be built until next month, so the ETA sounds about right, Son of Growly. All of the June allotments are full, and there’s a 2 week scheduled shutdown at the end of the month. This always affects scheduling.

Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
Better Late than never. After 12 weeks and 3 days...Heres mine, windows tinted and exhaust installed. BORLA S TYPE sounds amazing!
Ordered 3/07
Processed 3/10
Built 3/30
Invoiced 4/08
Awaiting Shipment 4/17
In Transit 5/26
Delivered 5/27
Woo hoo! Congrats, Kay5Oh!!!

Deysha
Old 6/1/15, 03:31 PM

Better Late than never. After 12 weeks and 3 days...Heres mine, windows tinted and exhaust installed. BORLA S TYPE sounds amazing!
Hi Kay50h amazing !! congradulation!! You choose the same leather as mine

But I still waiting, the dealer didn't received it !

Order 3/9
Born 3/30
First EDD 4/16
On Hold form 4/7 to 5/24
Shipped 5/25
Received TBD

But I had a demo (Convertible GT 2015) from the dealer since 5/29
I had a very good dealer!!
Old 6/2/15, 07:50 AM

Gave Deposit to the dealer on 4/29
Cotus shows order placed 5/15
VIN has been assigned and there was no change.
On 5/30 Estimated Delivery date was updated to show 7/27/2015
Cotus, still shows the vehicle in the first stage of "Order Processing". My dealer says that he has received information that the vehicle is in production.
With the current delivery date it puts me at 89 days from start to finish. I dont think this timeframe includes the 2 week shutdown. I am getting restless and upset at my dealer for not getting the order in earlier. I saw someone else that placed the order on 5/5 with an EDD of 6/15 or something.
Old 6/2/15, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DanielSTEJ
Hi Kay50h amazing !! congradulation!! You choose the same leather as mine

But I still waiting, the dealer didn't received it !

Order 3/9
Born 3/30
First EDD 4/16
On Hold form 4/7 to 5/24
Shipped 5/25
Received TBD

But I had a demo (Convertible GT 2015) from the dealer since 5/29
I had a very good dealer!!
Glad to hear! The Redline leather is awesome! Very happy with it and so comfy!

You will get your car soon, have your dealer call the trucking company directly and see whats going on. The car should be at the railyard by now, just waiting for a truck to pick it up.

All us Canadians need to get together for a meet! I want to see all the other various combinations of the mustang!
Old 6/2/15, 09:56 AM
V6 Member

You will get your car soon, have your dealer call the trucking company directly and see whats going on. The car should be at the railyard by now, just waiting for a truck to pick it up.

All us Canadians need to get together for a meet! I want to see all the other various combinations of the mustang!
Yup we should - but at the rate mine is progressing we will all be on snow tires!

Chuckle.

Ok I have learned to roll with it an and laugh again. If I cannot break the record for quickest delivery maybe I can get the nod for longest - at EDD as now listed the entire process will have been 103 days!
Old 6/2/15, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Son of Growly
Yup we should - but at the rate mine is progressing we will all be on snow tires!

Chuckle.

Ok I have learned to roll with it an and laugh again. If I cannot break the record for quickest delivery maybe I can get the nod for longest - at EDD as now listed the entire process will have been 103 days!
Good on you for staying positive through this. I think it'll definitely be worth the wait when we get our new rides
Old 6/2/15, 10:46 AM

I'm starting to get psyched. My Ruby Red EcoBoost convertible was built yesterday and is officially Awaiting Shipment right now. Estimated date of delivery is June 20th. I ordered my vehicle on April 16th and was told to expect 6 to 10 weeks.
Old 6/2/15, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

For those of you, like me, who take delivery and find their Mustang already has over 20 miles on it, I think I have the reason why.

I just watched a YouTube video that stated in part of that captioning a lucky 5% of all Mustangs get picked at random for a full test track evaluation. Most likely that explains the 23 miles on mine besides the dealer putting 3 miles on it to fill up the tank.

It also has zero mechanical defects but a few minor cosmetic flaws.

Here is the video link:

2nd Shift Drift - Vaughn Gittin Jr. Drifting the Ford Mustang Factory

Old 6/2/15, 03:11 PM

Small impression

So I found a small impression on my trunk lid just above the left tail light. It is hard to see and I am wondering if I should say anything...my concern is will the paint match if they fix it. Like I said it is small. About the size if a quarter.
Old 6/2/15, 04:52 PM

Hi Kay50h ,
I was supposed to go to Niagara next weekend but I had to cancelled all our reservations because you know what, we still waiting to get the car. Tomorrow this will make a week since it's at the rail park and it's about 30 min ride from my house. There is something that I don't understand.

In August would like to see a friend of mine at Winnipeg may be I can drive by Hamilton
Old 6/3/15, 06:42 AM
V6 Member

Hi Kay50h ,
I was supposed to go to Niagara next weekend but I had to cancelled all our reservations because you know what, we still waiting to get the car. Tomorrow this will make a week since it's at the rail park and it's about 30 min ride from my house. There is something that I don't understand.

In August would like to see a friend of mine at Winnipeg may be I can drive by Hamilton
That would be perfect daniel! Let me know the date and maybe ill setup a meet for old and new mustangs somewhere in the hamilton area.
Old 6/3/15, 09:02 AM

Car was built yesterday. Does it take a day to build it?

Cotus always showed my Edd as 6/13 but my dealer said he expected it on 6/7. Yesterday my dealer said the factory info shows him an edd of 6/11 now. Through all this, cotus has stayed put at an edd of 6/13.

I just hope she ships out soon. The wait is getting frustrating now
Old 6/3/15, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Hi Kay50h ,

When my Mustang made it to Atlanta, it had to wait its turn to be unloaded from the rail car. My dealer asked they be notified as soon as it was unloaded and in the transport lot. It was in the transport lot on a Monday but it was not scheduled to be delivered to the dealer until Thursday. The dealer asked me if I would like to have them send someone down to pick it up from the transport lot so it could be delivered that evening. They asked because some people do not want the extra miles on the car before it is delivered.
Old 6/3/15, 04:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sjanjua
Hey guys, new to this forum. I went to the dealership on 5/13 and placed an order for a 2015 GT PP in white. The sales person told me that I should get the vehicle delivered by the 2nd or 3rd week of June, which was fine with me as it wasn't too long of a wait. However when I go on COTUS to check my order, it says it can't find my vehicle. I would also assume that I should have been able to atleast get a VIN number by now from the dealership but none has been given to me even though it's been almost 3 weeks. After reading through this forum and some other forums I'm a little worried now that I won't get my mustang until later in July. Any insight on that would be awesome. Has anyone else ordered their mustang around the same time as me and heard of their arrival date or gotten any information? I've sent Deysha a PM so maybe they could take a look for me. I also plan to give my dealership a call today to see what's up. This not knowing is killing me
Hi there! My dealer ordered my Mustang on 5/13. I got my VIN# on 5/15. It was in Order Processing until 5/26. It left In Production on 6/01. Left Awaiting Shipment on 6/02, and as of today, 6/03 it's In Transit. The EDD is 6/23. However, a week after the dealer put this order in, I changed my mind on the color to Ruby Red. This one was ordered on 5/19, got a VIN# on 5/21. The car has been in Order Processing ever since, with an EDD of 08/12. Makes me want to change my mind again, and go with the Black Mustang that will be ready on 6/23!
Old 6/3/15, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by mustang09girl
Hi there! My dealer ordered my Mustang on 5/13. I got my VIN# on 5/15. It was in Order Processing until 5/26. It left In Production on 6/01. Left Awaiting Shipment on 6/02, and as of today, 6/03 it's In Transit. The EDD is 6/23. However, a week after the dealer put this order in, I changed my mind on the color to Ruby Red. This one was ordered on 5/19, got a VIN# on 5/21. The car has been in Order Processing ever since, with an EDD of 08/12. Makes me want to change my mind again, and go with the Black Mustang that will be ready on 6/23!
As of right now my car is awaiting shipment with an EDD of 6/22 so I'm hoping I get it soon I was close to doing what you did and changing the color but now that I see how much longer I would've had to wait I'm glad I stuck with my first choice lol

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread