2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/15, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JMan69
You chose wisely! Congrats!
Thanks Jman69! I see you have black as well. It was kind of funny, as the sales guy was walking me out to the car, he asked me if there was anything specifically that I wanted to know how to use, and I said "yeah, the windshield wipers." Everyone laughed. See, we haven't had rain in over a month, but it decided to rain just as we were wrapping up the paperwork. And, they had just re-washed it for me too! :-)
Old 6/19/15, 11:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2015DIBGT
After owning this car for almost a month, i figured i would stop by and let everyone know its still going great!
Just under 800 miles on it so far.

Very Nice! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car!
Old 6/19/15, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very happy for you!!! Yeah. I was mulling over those 2 colors as well. But eventually settled on the black beauty with red line interior. Can't wait for it to be here. I consider myself a bit unlucky because Ford received my order on the 15th , but for whatever reason it wont be here until 1st week of August. Deysha is always helping out, but its sad that my dealer isn't into it.
Have fun with your ride this weekend. Wooohoo!!!
Old 6/19/15, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

stanggod ~ Thanks! So sorry about your situation. That stinks! I couldn't believe how quickly the Black stang got here! If I had stuck with the Ruby Red, I wouldn't have received it until mid-August. It isn't scheduled to be built until 7/20. It's just crazy to me how some cars are taking so long. What stage is your car in on COTUS?
Old 6/19/15, 12:41 PM

mustang09girl ~ It has been "In Production" for little over a week now. The window sticker has a blend date of 07/15. I think mine got delayed because of the plant shutdown or whatever that is going in in the 2nd half of this month.
Old 6/19/15, 03:03 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tangofoxtrot5
Starting to feel like a little kid at Christmas and Santa didn't show up. Cotus often updates on Thursday night so I was looking forward to a change in status today. But alas, I'm still awaiting shipment for 18 days now. Feels like this car is never going to get here. Yesterday was 9 weeks since I placed my order.
I’m sure it’ll be released by next week, Tangofoxtrot5. Keep checking with me.

Originally Posted by mustang09girl
My very first post on here was showing that my car was going to be Black. Then 6 days later, I changed my mind on the color and the dealer ordered mine in Ruby Red. So, I have been following both cars on COTUS.

Then the sales guy calls us on Wednesday to say that the Black car is there!! He wanted to let us know, in case I still wanted that one. Well, since I have been "waffling" on the color from day one, we decided to drive up there and see it in person. Wow! What a beautiful car! The sales guy knew that I was struggling with the color, so he parked a Ruby Red one right next to the Black for me. I still wasn't sure. So, my hubby, daughter and I went and had some dinner so I could mull it over. When we got back to the dealer, I was still undecided! I love both colors! Can't I just get them both?! LOL

Well... I chose the Black! That color just really "spoke" to me. They got her all cleaned up for me, put a full tank of gas in her, and a few hours later, I was driving her to her new home. My daughter was super excited to ride home with me. I just wish it hadn't decided to rain! But, I got her home safely, an she's parked in the "barn" right next to her '09 brilliant silver GT sibling.

Car was ordered on May 13th and arrived at the dealer on June 17th. Wow! Oh, and only 4 miles on her!! I can honestly say, that after my indecisiveness over the past month, I'm very happy with my color decision.

I want to give a huge shout out to the dealer and sales guy that we dealt with. I would recommend them in a heart beat!
Woo hoo! Congrats, mustang09girl! Have a great weekend!

Originally Posted by stanggod
Very happy for you!!! Yeah. I was mulling over those 2 colors as well. But eventually settled on the black beauty with red line interior. Can't wait for it to be here. I consider myself a bit unlucky because Ford received my order on the 15th , but for whatever reason it wont be here until 1st week of August. Deysha is always helping out, but its sad that my dealer isn't into it.
Have fun with your ride this weekend. Wooohoo!!!
It was ordered during the last bit of ordering, and (with the 2 week shutdown in between) it’s set to build in mid-July, stanggod. Therefore your ETA is in August, which is always subject to change.

Deysha
Old 6/19/15, 03:13 PM
V6 Member

stanggod ~ I was wondering if it might have to do with the plant shut down at the end of this month. I also heard that the allotment for June was full, so some cars got pushed to July for build dates.
Old 6/19/15, 03:38 PM

Stanggod don't consider you unlucky, I order mine on 28/04/15, order placed 30/04/15... and blend date scheduled on 15/07/15! As per COTUS I hope a delivery around 31/07/15!
Old 6/23/15, 07:53 AM

So good news and bad news this morning. After sitting in "Awaiting Shipment" for three weeks, Cotus updated me to "In Transit" today. The bad news is that they changed my EDD to July 10th. I live in New Jersey. 17 days seems like a long time to get here. My dealer said it is only 1 or 2 days by train. Deysha does this have anything to do with the plant 2 week shutdown?
Old 6/23/15, 09:01 AM
GT Member

So good news and bad news this morning. After sitting in "Awaiting Shipment" for three weeks, Cotus updated me to "In Transit" today. The bad news is that they changed my EDD to July 10th. I live in New Jersey. 17 days seems like a long time to get here. My dealer said it is only 1 or 2 days by train. Deysha does this have anything to do with the plant 2 week shutdown?
One thing I learned with my Mustang is the train is not a fast way to transport. It waited a number of days after being loaded until it started to be transported. Then it had to wait in Lexington, KY at a train yard for its turn to have a train take it down to Atlanta. Then in Atlanta, it had to wait three days in the rail yard for it's turn to be unloaded. Train is not like sending something by Fedex or UPS. It is going to take longer than you think it should.
Old 6/23/15, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Mine got here in NJ to the dealer in 13 days from the date it was completed. I live in South Jersey and the train unloaded in a suburb south of Philadelphia. If you live in North Jersey it may take longer.
Old 6/24/15, 06:03 AM

It was just put out to await shipment yesterday, Tangofoxtrot5. Your order has already been released from the plant, so the shutdown does not affect it.

Deysha
Old 6/24/15, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Santnak86
...order placed 30/04/15... and blend date scheduled on 15/07/15! As per COTUS I hope a delivery around 31/07/15!
I have exactly the same situation, although the color is Race Red. I wonder why reds take so much longer: because of demand or shortage of red paint or primer that they have to put under.
Old 6/24/15, 08:34 AM

Deysha, Anything new on my order? Cotus still shows it as In Order Processing with a EDD of 8/25.
Old 6/24/15, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by AndyK
I have exactly the same situation, although the color is Race Red. I wonder why reds take so much longer: because of demand or shortage of red paint or primer that they have to put under.
Yours isn’t building until next month, AndyK. PM me for more info.

Originally Posted by 71BlueStang
Deysha, Anything new on my order? Cotus still shows it as In Order Processing with a EDD of 8/25.
Please PM me for updates, 71BlueStang.

Deysha
Old 6/30/15, 07:27 AM

I see that everyone is in a holding pattern and quiet around here. If there is something that I have gained from this process, it would be "patience".
Have a Happy 4th you all.
Old 6/30/15, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
Well, that shoots my theory out of the water doesn't it? ><

At any rate, I'm leaving the state to run training classes for a new startup on the west coast soon and will be gone for a while... emailed my salesman and told him that if it doesn't arrive soon I am going to have to step out of the deal.
So that car arrived on June 1st... right as I left for Portland. I told my salesman to go ahead and sell the car to someone else.

Today, I drove by the lot and it was still sitting there. Covered in dust, and still had the "Special Order" sticker on the window.

I had convinced myself to keep my 2012 and move on due to the delay. But I forgot to consider that I have no impulse control.

A few hours after I saw it was still sitting there, I drove away with it.

I worked a Magnaflow Competition Series catback in to the deal, so that will be on it as soon as they get it in stock.

Last edited by Skrapmetal; 7/2/15 at 09:32 AM.
Old 7/2/15, 08:42 AM

farewell

While I intend to remain active in this forum, this will probably be my last post on this thread. Yesterday, 1 day shy of 11 weeks from ordering, my vehicle was delivered to my dealer and I picker her up a few hours later. Couldn't be more happy. Thank you to everyone who listened to my griping and special thanks to Deysha who kept me on top of my order process.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0746.jpg   2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0747.jpg   2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0748.jpg  
Old 7/2/15, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
So that car arrived on June 1st... right as I left for Portland. I told my salesman to go ahead and sell the car to someone else.

Today, I drove by the lot and it was still sitting there. Covered in dust, and still had the "Special Order" sticker on the window.

I had convinced myself to keep my 2012 and move on due to the delay. But I forgot to consider that I have no impulse control.

A few hours after I saw it was still sitting there, I drove away with it.

I worked a Magnaflow Competition Series catback in to the deal, so that will be on it as soon as they get it in stock.
Nice! Congrats on your ride, Skrapmetal!!

While I intend to remain active in this forum, this will probably be my last post on this thread. Yesterday, 1 day shy of 11 weeks from ordering, my vehicle was delivered to my dealer and I picker her up a few hours later. Couldn't be more happy. Thank you to everyone who listened to my griping and special thanks to Deysha who kept me on top of my order process.
You’re very welcome and congrats again, Tangofoxtrot5!

Deysha
Old 7/9/15, 09:20 AM

Hi Deysha,
Just sent you a private message about an Edge order. I could not find a forum like this one for the Edge. Dealer told a friend that the Edge he ordered has been lost in transit and it does not show up in Cotus.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread