Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great!

What texture leather did you go with?
Old 5/2/13, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was the medium pebble which looks pretty good. The smooth must be very smooth! I did brush the dog hair off the alcantara but, since I live with the top down 330 days out of the year, things blow in all the time LOL!
Old 5/7/13, 08:41 PM
V6 Member

Hey Mike,
I got mine today and got it installed in about an hour, looks great with the rest of the red stitching in the car.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130507_224101.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  20.5 KB
Old 5/7/13, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool. man you got that leather smoothed out nice for right off the git go, nice job
Old 5/8/13, 05:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Got mine today! Love it so much.

my only advice is to not over tighten the latch screws.

Thanks mike!

Note before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2005503329.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2073483556.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2738243400.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-1991496027.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2519149123.jpg  

Last edited by Getportfolio; 5/9/13 at 01:26 PM.
Old 5/10/13, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Different view, just need to get the seat covers swapped out for leather now, and get one of your e-brake boot replacements:

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 5/10/13 at 05:47 PM.
Old 5/10/13, 03:19 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Man, these look great. Still hoping for Saddle...
Old 5/10/13, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Man, these look great. Still hoping for Saddle...
The quality and fit is exceptional. It's amazing how the covers unify the interior and give it more class. In addition, the driving experience is enhanced. They are soooo comfortable.

Everyone in this forum needs to purchase one. Regardless of cloth or leather interior.
Old 5/10/13, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks man, and thanks to everyone. all the pics are looking great and ive been saving them to post on the website. i`m also getting the part posted up all over the amustangrocksleather website now too. thanks to everyone for putting up with the confusion of the secret webpage but i tried to do as promised. the store on the website will work so much better with dropdowns for options, invoices, bookkeeping ect.

it is a different look. with the padding, it changes the flushed out look, which does look nice and sleek but i think the new look is super nice, unique and custom, and the materials really upgrade that plastic lid.

pete with the prototype cover in the first pic didnt like that it sits up so he recessed his down into the console. alex notched his lid where the back of the latch hits to allow it to come to the full up position easier. i really think stretching tight and gluing that front flap in that groove works good, and in time the leather will stretch and relax and take that shape better. ive found that even wrapped loose in the frt and the latch not coming to full up, it still latches and releases ok.

it looks like everyone is doing pretty great with the installs and it does require being a good diy`r. if your thinking the install is not in your wheelhouse, i`m sure you could find help from someone or a interior shop. the install instructions with pics are on the "how to install" page of the website.

INSTALLATION TIPS:
ive fitted every cover we have sent out myself and taken a pic of almost every one. the smooth grain leather is the hardest to get fitted good and to get smoothed out. the med pebble is a little thicker, and the heavy pebble though it looks the most rugged is actually the softest and most forgiving. working the leather to the sides and rolling the seam over the side edges, turning the rear corners inside out and stretching the cover tight to the rear them folding the corners right side out over the lid and working the seams with your thumbs helps get the back corners nice, working the cover to the to the sides and rear with your hands, adding a little heat and rubbing it in different directions to find the direction that gives the best results, pulling the velcro straps snug, even past where they line up can help as with getting the cover fit best before screwing the inside cover back on are some install tips. time and summer heat is huge for the leather to relax and take shape too.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3209.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/12/13 at 08:38 PM.
Old 5/12/13, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Those arm rest covers are just the bees knees. A thousand time better looking and more comfortable than stock, thanks again for making those for us.
Old 5/13/13, 06:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I really how dumb this is but does anyone have a link to the install directions?
Old 5/13/13, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got this installed right now, sitting on my lap but I cannot get the button working 100%. It's very stiff and only comes up halfway. Is a matter of heating the leather at this point or should I start over
Old 5/13/13, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
I've got this installed right now, sitting on my lap but I cannot get the button working 100%. It's very stiff and only comes up halfway. Is a matter of heating the leather at this point or should I start over
the easiest way ive found is to use some glue on the very frt edge, where the groove is that the latch comes up into. put some on the frt edge and let it set up, then wrap the leather tight, tight in the corners there too, and use your finger to rub that groove into the leather. theres no extra room there to have any slack. also, dont tighten the screws down real tight, just barely snug them up will help too. heating it up with a hair dryer wont hurt either. get it warm, but not too hot to touch.

the install instructions are on the website now on the "how to install" page, 3rd cover down for the 10+
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/13/13 at 07:43 PM.
Old 5/13/13, 07:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Yeah thanks! I've done all that stuff and it's getting smoother. Ill keep working it. It look great though
Old 5/13/13, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah thanks! I've done all that stuff and it's getting smoother. Ill keep working it. It look great though
give it some time, in time the leather will relax and take that shape and get worked in aloowing the latch to return more to the 100% up. even it its not returning all the way, the latch will still catch and release ok.
Old 5/13/13, 08:39 PM

Mmmm. I read the instructions again and realized that while I did apply some archival glue to the groove area, I did not create the the actual "groove" before installing the latch. I put the glue on and pulled that small latch flap area (including corners) as tight as possible and quickly and carefully installed the lower plate as to not let the leather slip loose. A ball point pen worked great for making a tiny guide hole in the thin cloth on the left and right side of where two of the latch screws go. (If that makes sense.)

The latch works great when the screws are snug. For kicks, I over tightened the screws and the latch would not work. Consider that when installing.

I was so picky that I made sure not a hint of the Velcro straps could be visible from under the console cover. This involved smoothing the leather out, and getting every crinkle out.... Pulling it tight. Careful though when pulling.

Be patient and take your time. I'm not the expert but just wanted to share. Hope it helps someone.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 5/19/13 at 04:10 PM.
Old 5/13/13, 08:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks

give it some time, in time the leather will relax and take that shape and get worked in aloowing the latch to return more to the 100% up. even it its not returning all the way, the latch will still catch and release ok.
Yeah it's pretty much perfect now. And time will only make it better I'm sure. Great product and service you did for me with the return and all. Here are installs. Kinda dark out right now though
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-867510963.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-3466307283.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2180264208.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-1115242937.jpg  
Old 5/13/13, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I got mine today. I installed it and really wasn't happy at first. It just looked odd. I gave it a little heat and it was better but still looked weird. I realized I had put leather conditioner on my seats yesterday. I put some on the armrest and its much better. In hindsight, I think I should of ordered it all smooth. It looks good but my seats grain is just enough off that I may order another one in all smooth. Great price and great craftsmanship. The weak link is the dork that ordered.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2148871196.jpg

Last edited by Mr. V; 5/13/13 at 10:05 PM.
Old 5/14/13, 04:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had this problem at first as well. I think you will find the button will work better if you back the screws that hold it on, off a little. I had overtightend mine when re-attaching the button assembly to the lid. About 1/4 to 1/2 a turn to the left and the button worked like it did originally. Give that a try.
Old 5/19/13, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Paulyray
Got mine today. Looks and feels awesome. Heavy pebble with white stitching matches the stock seats nicely. The only problem I have with it is now I need the matching shift boot and e-brake boot. Here is a quick cell phone pic.

I am not sure if I have white or silver stitching, but sure looks similar to this with heavy pebble, I have the 2012 with premium perforated heated seats, should I send a picture? Do you send to Canada?

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers