Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/14, 11:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Installed today. Once again, great quality! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-122397179.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-1133810156.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2926150908.jpg  
Old 2/21/14, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank You !! Looks good, nice car.
Old 2/21/14, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
I was told that because it was syntetic material it was very warm and people were complaining about their back side always being humid....

With the Alcantra it's much cooler and also I appreciate the fact that you don't slip as much from side to side in those seats, that also why most raqcing seats are made of material rather then leather.
Makes sense. Leather too gets really hot in the summer, I`m not sure the tiny perforation they used like in my car on the inserts really makes a difference either.
Old 3/4/14, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just ordered mine.
Old 3/11/14, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by solscooter
just ordered mine.
The quality is top notch, you'll be very pleased.

What combination did you go with?
Old 3/12/14, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed mine this weekend and still having issues with the Latch portion, I tried to glue the front piece to make sure the recessed portion is well position but the latch still dosen't come back by itself...
Old 3/12/14, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Installed mine this weekend and still having issues with the Latch portion, I tried to glue the front piece to make sure the recessed portion is well position but the latch still dosen't come back by itself...
I played with mine a bit to soften up the leather in that area. I also didn't tighten the latch down as tight as possible, if you loosen it up a bit it should free up some space to allow the button to pop back up.
Old 3/13/14, 04:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
The quality is top notch, you'll be very pleased.

What combination did you go with?
went with charcoal alcantara center, smooth grain outer w/ white stripes. should match the leather recaros and the shelby shift boot/ebrake handle i put in earlier.
Old 3/14/14, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Give it some time. The leather will break in it time. Wouldnt hurt to use some leather conditioner on it too. The med pebble is a tough leather. The plastic lids were not designed to have something wrapped around them in the frt at the latch. Theres no instant cure for new leather. It just takes time. Continued leather treatments will soften it up in time too.
Old 3/15/14, 09:59 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My samples came in and here how they match to my 2013 GT/CS with the Alcantra inserts. Here is the seat design for the GT/CS Here are the 3 finish available compared to my seats, I guess Medium is the closest match Here is the Alcantra, as you can see it's not a perfect match but I think I will go with the black as it may fade with some wear.
Don't mean to be a d*ck but it's spelled "Alcantara."

It drives me crazy when people misspell it. Probably because it's my name.
Old 3/17/14, 02:15 PM
GT Member

Are there plans to offer saddle leather in the future? I saw that it came up, but I didn't see an answer about whether there were plans for it.

thanks!
Old 3/17/14, 10:12 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by spqr
Are there plans to offer saddle leather in the future? I saw that it came up, but I didn't see an answer about whether there were plans for it.

thanks!
---
I've been asking for a year, no luck.
Old 3/18/14, 03:26 AM
Cobra Member

Just ordered a shift boot with white stitching to go with my new DIB w/ white stripes shift **** from CJ. Can't wait to get it installed.
Old 3/21/14, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by spqr

thanks!
No plans as of now. I just can`t get the material, its not available because there is not enough demand for the supplier to have it made and stock it. Theres a couple people that would also like to have it.
Old 3/31/14, 08:13 AM
GT Member

installed mine today. brought more comfort for my elbow than i thought it would. looks good, a little stiff with the latch but that should only improve w/ time and use

Old 3/31/14, 10:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ that looks nice.. wish it came from factory like that
Old 3/31/14, 12:39 PM
GT Member

thanks! matches almost perfectly. I'm wondering if the alcantara will break in near the latch like the leather is supposed too.
Old 3/31/14, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
^ that looks nice.. wish it came from factory like that
I have one in my car. I'll show you at the next meet up I attend.
Old 3/31/14, 01:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TomServo92
I have one in my car. I'll show you at the next meet up I attend.
Sure will do that.
Old 4/3/14, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by solscooter
thanks! matches almost perfectly. I'm wondering if the alcantara will break in near the latch like the leather is supposed too.
Yes it should break in in time. The Alcantara we use for the top of the armrest is a cover grade (comes in 2 grades, panel grade which is really thin, and cover grade which is the same material only it has a backing like vinyl goods often come with) that makes it about the same thickness as the leather.

We use the panel grade for shift boots and e-brake boots, as being thinner is a little more flexible for those boots.

Ive had at least one customer that actually cut some of the plastic off the lid to adjust the fit of the cover better around the latch area. Not really sure how he did it, and I would never want to suggest doing that, as you might end up with a scrap lid, and I wouldnt want to be responsible for that.

We have over a couple hundred covers out there that have worked out well. The OEM med pebble is the toughest leather of the 3, its hard to work with and we dont like using it, but if someone needs or wants it we do. It takes the longest to break in around that latch. Using heat helps but time plays a key role with all new materials relaxing and breaking in.

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers