Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/13, 11:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dineau
Yes I know you guys only do quality stuff and not concerned about it..

About the alcantra, would be nice if you follow the GT/CS theme and only make the center piece in Alcantra and leave the sides in leather. Would be esaier for you I guess ?
not any easier but makes a nice part. the materials go really nice together. the stitching does sink into the alcantara more than the leather, but still makes a awesome part

Originally Posted by StangLife'12
With my hand on the shifter (in 2nd gear) my elbow sits directly on that **** console button....opening it up on occasion. SO the padded console lid defeats teh purpose for me.

I think that a better products would be to add a padded piece to the cup holder lid. By doing this it would lift drivers forearms up where the elbow would not open the console.

That piece along with your NEW product wodul work perfectly...in tandem!
maybe we could look into that door, not sure if its doable with the inset of the door. just might be. besides being functional, the armrest will be a nice interior custom touch
Old 3/7/13, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stone

I would love to get one to match my stone leather interior!
Old 3/7/13, 09:26 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by First Stang
I would love to get one to match my stone leather interior!
---
Glenn, go back to page two of this thread, see OP's picture, I think that is your Stone color...

Old 3/7/13, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike
I like the black with white stitching. Let me know when your ready to sell one. I'll take it!
Old 3/8/13, 11:33 AM
V6 Member

I have stone interior..but I think that since all the rest of the console is black..a black cover would still look best on a stone interior.
And..in the pic above I think that lighter color is a gray color where stone is more of a tan.
Old 3/8/13, 11:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Clue
I have stone interior..but I think that since all the rest of the console is black..a black cover would still look best on a stone interior.
And..in the pic above I think that lighter color is a gray color where stone is more of a tan.
Oh good point. That might look nice

Last edited by Hadtohaveit'13; 3/9/13 at 07:17 AM.
Old 3/9/13, 01:25 PM

Boy am I glad I'm stuck on the couch today with the flew or I may not have had the time to see this thread. You can count me in for one just like it your photos. Matches my 2012 PP Mustang perfectly. Thank you for your ingenuity and skill to come up with a great upgrade for our mustangs!!
Old 3/10/13, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Glenn, go back to page two of this thread, see OP's picture, I think that is your Stone color...

this is actually the cashmere color. its kinda of a creamy off white color. i do have a sample of the stone but its in a rough pebble grain. its darker than the cashmere, but not sure if i could get it as i`m runining into problems already with colors.

Originally Posted by shawn74
Boy am I glad I'm stuck on the couch today with the flew or I may not have had the time to see this thread. You can count me in for one just like it your photos. Matches my 2012 PP Mustang perfectly. Thank you for your ingenuity and skill to come up with a great upgrade for our mustangs!!
sorry ive been lagging a little but this has been a very bad week for us. our best buddy "elvis the dog" died here at home wed night which was very hard but way worse marcys mom passed away at the hospice house last night. marcy has been spending days and nights the last week there so her focus has not been on the leather parts.

the charcoal leather is on order and should come in this next week. the saddle leather is not available at all. they havent had any demand for it so they chose not to stock it. theres always a chance that could change if someone orders 50 or more hides at a time for some reason.

so after this next week we will have the charcoal leather and should be getting back on track.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 3/10/13 at 09:34 AM.
Old 3/12/13, 09:51 AM

So sorry for your recent losses. I hope you and Marcy are working through this difficult time ok.
Old 3/12/13, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Assuming the price is right and how easy it is to install, I'd definitely get one of these.
X2345
Old 3/12/13, 12:32 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
the saddle leather is not available at all. they havent had any demand for it so they chose not to stock it. theres always a chance that could change if someone orders 50 or more hides at a time for some reason.
---
Hey, sorry to hear about your family news, hope things get better. As for the Saddle color, that's why I sent you the Katzkin info, perhaps you can source from them? The color I sent you is very very close to OEM. And the quality is better. What do you think?
(I sound desperate, don't I ?)
Old 3/14/13, 07:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Hey, sorry to hear about your family news, hope things get better. As for the Saddle color, that's why I sent you the Katzkin info, perhaps you can source from them? The color I sent you is very very close to OEM. And the quality is better. What do you think?
(I sound desperate, don't I ?)
I am right there with you been following this thread for awhile. I want one in black leather to match the recaros. Hope all is well youve got a sale in me if everything works out for you!
Old 3/14/13, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike

This is really good news Mike!

Make my padded leather console armrest in the 2012 oem smooth charcoal, are you taking pre-orders?
Old 3/17/13, 06:25 AM

I'm in for a pebbled charcoal when these are available.
Old 3/17/13, 07:01 AM

I have a smooth grain with blue stitching and would like a cover
Old 3/17/13, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

getting back at it, thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers through some tough times. i got a little behind replying to posts so i`ll send some pms.

lots going on this week. i got my material order in last week and the 2010+ oem smooth grain leather is now in stock. we are gonna start working on the 10+ padded leather armrest covers tomorrow as we both have the day off our day jobs and will nail the price down on them. its gonna be close to the same as the oem 05-09 covers. i`ll also come up with a install how to for the website this week.

i could not get the saddle, but we have the oem charcoal black in stock. we`ll have to work with the alcantara and see what we can do for a leather alcan mix and full alcan, so still in the works with that.

thanks for that info PJRM. i`ll get a hold of katzkin and see whats up. maybe i can score the aussie.

as i mentioned before, i`m gonna go back through the forum threads and make a list, then offer the new 10+ covers through pm`s to the "forum members only" in the order of interest posts and the materials we have on hand to work with. we will continue to add more material options as we can and go back to offer it to those in the order of people on the list also. i`ll only take a couple orders at a time to keep the turn around timely and should be starting on them this next week, and i know its hard but please be patient

Last edited by amustangrocks; 3/17/13 at 08:15 PM.
Old 3/17/13, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wondered what happened. Being patient.
Old 3/18/13, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

Im also in for a pebbled charcoal when these are available.
Old 3/18/13, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

Will the stitching only be available in white, or can other colors be ordered ? If so, I'd be interested in a charcoal one with red stitching.
Old 3/19/13, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ranlan
Im also in for a pebbled charcoal when these are available.
i`ll work at getting the pebble grain. its a larger pebble than the 05-09, but its softer. we think it will work out nice

Originally Posted by MCA Coonass
Will the stitching only be available in white, or can other colors be ordered ? If so, I'd be interested in a charcoal one with red stitching.
the stitching will be any of the colors we have, and we can look for anything we dont have. we tried making one tonight with the new material, but we have to tweek it and we`ll try again tomorrow. it will look exactly like the one in the first pic (that we installed) but more DIY friendly.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers