Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Old 2/28/13, 05:14 PM
  #1  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
amustangrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 15, 2009
Location: Traverse City MI.
Posts: 679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2657.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2655.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2646.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2643.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 2/28/13 at 08:25 PM.
amustangrocks is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 06:46 PM
  #2  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 24, 2012
Posts: 2,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the smooth grain dark charcoal (Premier/401A) w/ blue stitch and want a cover.
wheelman is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 06:49 PM
  #3  
GTR Member
 
SilverSkoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 6, 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,284
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
do you make those for the 05-09
SilverSkoundrel is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 06:55 PM
  #4  
Cobra R Member
 
Hadtohaveit'13's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 17, 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smooth on my 13. Sell this ASAP. And btw I think i have seen the 05-09 already for sale silver. Check It out
Hadtohaveit'13 is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 08:20 PM
  #5  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
amustangrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 15, 2009
Location: Traverse City MI.
Posts: 679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel View Post
do you make those for the 05-09
hey the website was a mess but ive been trying to straighten it out. check out the website and the thread in the 05-09
https://themustangsource.com/f692/up...antara-503857/

thanks you guys, i`m gonna get the material nailed down and ordered in the next week or so and all the details worked out and i`ll start a new thread when its up for sale.

we had to run the stitch lines straight off the rear. we tried to match the indent line in the U shape but it requires a huge waste of material and pucker issues with the tight curves. we think it really looks sharp like it is.
amustangrocks is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 08:27 PM
  #6  
Cobra R Member
 
Hadtohaveit'13's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 17, 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post

thanks you guys, i`m gonna get the material nailed down and ordered in the next week or so and all the details worked out and i`ll start a new thread when its up for sale.

we had to run the stitch lines straight off the rear. we tried to match the indent line in the U shape but it requires a huge waste of material and pucker issues with the tight curves. we think it really looks sharp like it is.
Yes! get the 13 material correct and I know many will buy. Let us know when it's up!
Hadtohaveit'13 is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 09:44 PM
  #7  
Cobra R Member
 
Mr. V's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 22, 2012
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
I am so buying this!
Mr. V is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 10:04 PM
  #8  
Mach 1 Member
 
blairnr67's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Posts: 785
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, I want one! Goes perfect with my interior
blairnr67 is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 10:28 PM
  #9  
Cobra R Member
 
PJRManagement's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 17, 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,998
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
I have smooth Saddle. Any chance you would make it in Saddle?
PJRManagement is offline  
Old 2/28/13, 11:17 PM
  #10  
V6 Member
 
Join Date: January 16, 2011
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alcantara please :-)
Locotone07 is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 07:07 AM
  #11  
Mach 1 Member
 
Dineau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13, 2005
Location: Laval, Quebec
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will this additional pading interfere with the cup holder lid and the other part of the console ?

It's pretty tight as you can see in the picture the gap between the two parts is very small



Alcantra center piece would be nice to match my GT/CS interior...

Last edited by Dineau; 4/1/13 at 06:27 PM.
Dineau is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 07:28 AM
  #12  
Mach 1 Member
 
Rando's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 3, 2012
Posts: 609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Assuming the price is right and how easy it is to install, I'd definitely get one of these.
Rando is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 12:36 PM
  #13  
Mach 1 Member
 
bones302's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 24, 2011
Location: Metro Charlotte, NC
Posts: 915
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
wish there was a way to pad the cup holder lid without interfering with the ability to open/close it....

I tend to rest my hand on the shifter and my elbow sits on that door.
bones302 is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 12:43 PM
  #14  
Bullitt Member
 
Mustang259's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 3, 2012
Location: Near Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 499
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine is smooth charcoal with creme insert stripe, and yes I am very interested in one of these for my 13.
Mustang259 is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 04:51 PM
  #15  
GT Member
 
jskup1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been looking for something like this for a year! My Recaro's are smooth black leather with black stitching please!

Last edited by jskup1; 3/18/13 at 04:27 AM.
jskup1 is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 05:53 PM
  #16  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
amustangrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 15, 2009
Location: Traverse City MI.
Posts: 679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement View Post
I have smooth Saddle. Any chance you would make it in Saddle?
i would have to check into it. my supplier did not send me a sample for saddle. i`ll call him monday and check on it.

Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
Will this additional pading interfere with the cup holder lid and the other part of the console ?

It's pretty tight as you can see in the picture the gap between the two parts is very small



Alcantra center piece would be nice to match my GT/CS interior...
the material is tight to the frt edge, the padding is only on the top, and its just on the sides next to the latch. the guy that installed one said if worked out great.

Originally Posted by jskup1 View Post
I have been looking for something like this for a year! My Recaro's are smooth black leather.
we have had alot of people ask about something for the new cars. it took us a while and we had a guy send us his lid to work with just to see if we could design something worthy. (thanks pete) i purchased a new lid to test fit all the parts we make, as we do with all our parts before they ship. needless to say, i`m pressing forward with this part, just need to iron out some details.
amustangrocks is offline  
Old 3/1/13, 09:26 PM
  #17  
V6 Member
 
pegasus5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2013
Location: Long beach
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definitely interested in purchasing one for my '13
pegasus5.0 is offline  
Old 3/2/13, 06:15 AM
  #18  
Mach 1 Member
 
newpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 873
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Me want.
newpony is offline  
Old 3/2/13, 02:30 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: June 20, 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike
Hi! I too would be VERY interested if the console were padded in SADDLE. (Change that to: I WILL BUY one (if price isn't a killer) IF it's in SADDLE.
Sailor is offline  
Old 3/2/13, 04:28 PM
  #20  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
amustangrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 15, 2009
Location: Traverse City MI.
Posts: 679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Hi! I too would be VERY interested if the console were padded in SADDLE. (Change that to: I WILL BUY one (if price isn't a killer) IF it's in SADDLE.
i`ll be checking monday. not sure why he didnt send me a sample of that. the material choices my supplier gave me so far for the 2010+ cars is cashmere, lt stone,and charcoal black in 2 smooth grains and a pebble i think hes holding back

for the 05-09 ive got oem parchment and charcoal in stock, and the option to get dove gray, crimson red and med. lt stone in the pebble grain. its taken me over a year to line up the oem materials, but thats the direction i want to go in. the aftermarket leathers we have are very nice too and cost a little less, so i`ll keep those options.

thanks guys for some feedback, really do appreciate it and i`m hoping to make some custom parts for the newest stangs real soon.
amustangrocks is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.