Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/13, 04:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can you tell that the one in the pics doesn't have velcro with the backing plate covering it up? The fit on mine was tight. I did pull my velcro straps a little tighter than full velcro contact though.
Old 4/13/13, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the one in the first pic only had one strap in the middle. we decided 3 straps would help. take your time, work it and smooth it out with your hands.getting the bottom plate on good tightens it up a little too. we test fit each cover onto a lid so we know it fits good. i actually used your cover to get the last finished pic on the install page. you can also use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat it up and work it smooth with your hands once its on. that helps it to relax faster.
Old 4/13/13, 09:04 AM

Is there any way to get a current list of where we are the list. It's great seeing all the positive responses from the members who have been lucky enough to purchase the covers. Keep the photos coming.
Old 4/13/13, 10:14 AM
GT Member

I see, actually it turns out that I installed it wrong, didn't remove the backing plate, only the latch, gonna redo it. Actually, this thing fits remarkably well installed incorrectly! Can't wait to get it right!
Old 4/13/13, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shawn74
Is there any way to get a current list of where we are the list. It's great seeing all the positive responses from the members who have been lucky enough to purchase the covers. Keep the photos coming.
the list is going fast. a few people werent ready. a few people want materials we dont have, a few are undecided which one, a vew people i havent heard back from, ect. what i can tell you is you are #5 down on the list at this time. this could mean(depending on if the 5 above is ready to go) you are 1to maybe 5 down on the list.

Originally Posted by Earlsays
I see, actually it turns out that I installed it wrong, didn't remove the backing plate, only the latch, gonna redo it. Actually, this thing fits remarkably well installed incorrectly! Can't wait to get it right!
oh cool. take your time. play with it a little, smooth and stretch or twist and tweek and work it with your hands. trying to smooth things out during the install is gonna make it look better when its finished. installing is a art.

we try to make the part the best we can, but the install is the major factor. we made it to install with no glue ect (thus the straps with velcro) so it could be removed and not mess up the lid.

the straps really make it alot easier as they hold the sides in place while you fit it good. they are more of just a install aid like a extra set of hands. so ya, if you need to over lap the velcro, or not pull it all the way, thats a judgment call on the installer.

the frt center edge of the lid, under the latch does need some sort of glue just in the indent line, center frt edge, for the latch to come up all the way. we like cheap rubber cement from walmart, it has lots of work time. a small bottle was $2.50 but now it seams they made a larger bottle and its close to $4. about any craft glue or contact cement will work. some thin 2 sided tape might work fine too.

to point this out theres install instructions on that secret webpage. i dont know why they figured they needed that tiny flat lip on the back bottom side of the chrome latch. it could maybe also be ground off, but just getting the leather tight in that groove makes it work fine.
Old 4/15/13, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

just got in a sample of a 10+ milled pebble. the top pic is a 10+ heavy pebble and the bottom is the 10+ smooth grain. ive got a sample out to be verified but i`m hoping the middle sample is the standard rough grain the the mustangs.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3112.jpg  
Old 4/16/13, 11:27 AM

Hi Mike:
Have you been able to find the "saddle" leather for the cover yet?
If you have "saddle", please put me on the list for one.

Larry W. (aka: Sailor).

2013 V6 Premium Convertible: Metallic Red Cherry w/Saddle interior

Last edited by Sailor; 4/16/13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 4/16/13, 12:23 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor
Hi Mike:
Have you been able to find the "saddle" leather for the cover yet?
If you have "saddle", please put me on the list for one.
Larry W. (aka: Sailor)
---
Yes, please, me too!
Old 4/16/13, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

no saddle yet. theres a couple more places i can try yet.
Old 4/18/13, 04:03 PM
V6 Member

Here ya go. ..

Name:  ForumRunner_20130418_180246.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  12.8 KB
Old 4/18/13, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

yep, i think that is the heavy pebble. i can send you a sample of it too with some red stitch for you to check out just to make sure. pm me your shipping info and i`ll get it in the mail.

looks like that middle sample in post 126 is the standard grain for alot of seats. i`ll have that one in a week or so.
Old 4/18/13, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Got mine today and it looks great, now just gotta find time to install.
If you are on the fence about this, get off and get one.
Good job Mike
Old 4/19/13, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang259
Got mine today and it looks great, now just gotta find time to install.
If you are on the fence about this, get off and get one.
Good job Mike
thanks duane. if you need any install help beyond what i posted let me know. switching gears a little, the oem heavy pebble makes a awesome cover, i really like it. my pics are not so great and its hard to capture the red stitch on my camera but heres a couple to show off the grain. mixing the materials makes a awesome cover too
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3123.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3126.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3131.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3134.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3151.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 4/23/13 at 06:51 PM.
Old 4/19/13, 07:55 PM

I am definitely interested in the OEM heavy pebble with black thread for my 2012 GT/CS. Let me know how to "officially" order and pay. You do excellent work based on the photos and feed back.
Old 4/19/13, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Got mine installed, looks just like the photos posted by Mike, pretty easy install just pay attention to the Latch area and don't over tighten the screws that hold the latch, I had to loosen them and then just snug them up to get the latch to work, overall I am very pleased with the results!!
Old 4/19/13, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by arazor
I am definitely interested in the OEM heavy pebble with black thread for my 2012 GT/CS. Let me know how to "officially" order and pay. You do excellent work based on the photos and feed back.
thank you. we are proud of our parts and we shoot to make it show. still got a short list going and i`ll add you on and pm you when your up. wont be too long. just a added note, we make shift boots and e=brake boots too so you can match stitching and have real leather or alcantara.

cool duane, ya they didnt do me any favors with that tiny lip on the back/bottom of the latch. i think in time that leather on the frt will form fit to the indent, but wrapping it tight and glueing it helps get it there faster. the leather will settle in in a short while and heat really helps it too. you can let it sit for a couple days and then hit it with some heat too. get the leather real warm, just dont get too close and burn it. the smooth leather is less forgiving and much harder to get smooth and flat than say the pebble but we try on every cover to make sure it will fit smooth.

i just took a couple pics tonight on dealing with the rear bottom of the cover to post on the install. to sum it up, you tuck the side corners under the back section of leather and then install the plastic cover over the leather.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 4/21/13 at 09:13 AM.
Old 4/20/13, 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=amustangrocks;6607292]thank you. we are proud of our parts and we shoot to make it show. still got a short list going and i`ll add you on and pm you when your up. wont be too long.

Thanks for putting me on the list, I will keep an eye on the PM, Thanks.
Old 4/20/13, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got mine and installed it today. Easy to do and looks fabulous. The arm rest is much more comfortable than stock and the armrest glove box doesn't open by accident anymore.
Old 4/20/13, 08:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Pics please!
Old 4/22/13, 05:11 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's not too late, I would like to be included on your order list. I would like the oem heavy pebble charcoal with white stitch. TIA

Last edited by smike308; 4/22/13 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers