Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/13, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still making parts. we have a plan worked out so we will continue to make parts. the only change will be from the crazy fast turn around time we have been providing, most often a few days, to maybe 1-3 weeks at most. thats not too bad still for a custom made to order part. and still better than alot of other places. of course there are some that want us to be like the drive through at burger king, but we just cant do that so for those, sorry about that.

i`m waiting on some alcan samples to get here. if things work out i should have perforated alcantara soon in the black and charcoal. it cost a little more, but it seems roush is using it for some seats. (pics coming soon)

i have not had any luck trying to get the saddle still from katzkin. they are not willing to give me a price, or a sample until i am approved and open a account, and even then another person told me the prices from them are silly high. i will continue to try though.
Old 7/15/13, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks
still making parts. we have a plan worked out so we will continue to make parts. the only change will be from the crazy fast turn around time we have been providing, most often a few days, to maybe 1-3 weeks at most. thats not too bad still for a custom made to order part. and still better than alot of other places. of course there are some that want us to be like the drive through at burger king, but we just cant do that so for those, sorry about that.

i`m waiting on some alcan samples to get here. if things work out i should have perforated alcantara soon in the black and charcoal. it cost a little more, but it seems roush is using it for some seats. (pics coming soon)

i have not had any luck trying to get the saddle still from katzkin. they are not willing to give me a price, or a sample until i am approved and open a account, and even then another person told me the prices from them are silly high. i will continue to try though.
Glad to hear you're still producing the parts. My.alcantera shift boot and alcantera / leather armrest is topnotch. Great product and awesome craftsmanship!
Old 7/15/13, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why can't I find ANYBODY who can match the Saddle Leather interior? I've tried 3 different places now, none of them have anything even close enough to make my boot, e-brake, and a padded armrest.....#frustrated
Old 7/16/13, 05:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
Why can't I find ANYBODY who can match the Saddle Leather interior? I've tried 3 different places now, none of them have anything even close enough to make my boot, e-brake, and a padded armrest.....#frustrated
I think it would just be way to cool to have all that matching saddle. So it isn't allowed :P
Old 7/18/13, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
my supplier in mich said there is just not enough demand to stock it. its all about money. if someone was to want 50 hides at a few hundred a hide, they could have it made and end up stocking it for a while. but the chances of that are slim to none. i talked to someone that said katzkin wanted 750.00 a hide and it was not a match for what fords used, and they make it very hard to deal with them unless you want to be a installer and sell katzkin stuff. and at that price, i couldnt sell my parts. i guess if anyone (the shop that made the stuff for fords) has any, its a big secret. i wish i could get some and ive been trying.
Old 7/22/13, 11:31 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Mike. Thanks for keeping Saddle in mind, the few of us appreciate it. Too bad that Katzkin is being difficult. I just found the business card for the upholstery shop that did my custom Katzkin leather swap from black to Saddle. You may remember the name of the color I gave you a while back (Aussie Canyon - without texture). Maybe you want to call this shop to see if they have any material left over? Desert Mobile Auto Upholstery, (702) 734-2886, (702) 303-6264, John Garduno. They did a great install on my car - my Ford dealer subbed out the work. They did the front and rear seats, plus the door inserts. It is gorgeous. They may remember, it was November 2011, my car is a Race Red GT. Let me know how you make out, brother.
Old 7/25/13, 02:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
If I wanted to order another armrest, how do I do it now?
Old 7/26/13, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

any more thought to making the cup holder door padding!? This woudl life the forearm above the console door button. My darn elbow keeps opening the console!
Old 7/26/13, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangLife'12
any more thought to making the cup holder door padding!? This woudl life the forearm above the console door button. My darn elbow keeps opening the console!
Heck yea, I'd love to get the whole console wrapped, but tastefully.
Old 8/5/13, 02:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I went with an all smooth leather with black thread this time. I figured I would try and match the look of the shift boot and e brake boot. I love the look and the all smooth seems to fit tighter than my heavy pebble outer smooth inner arm rest I ordered before. It also required less heat to look good. I couldn't be happier.
Old 8/6/13, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

rich i think its just now you have more experience installing. interior installation is a art in itself. the attention to detail of the install can make all the difference. the heavy pebble is way more forgiving than the smooth grain so your doing good. these covers are alot harder to make than the 05 covers. fords did not make it easy. lately ive seen a few different covers around, and i can tell they are trying to design a easier part to make, and some required gluing it on, but i still think ours is the best, and marcy is a true pro

i`m still in the middle of relocating, this week is good, next week i`ll be gone for a few days again. trying to keep things going through it all. turn around times will be 2-3 weeks on parts, but still more than worth the wait.

not sure about the cupholder lids, and doing the entire console with leather would be out of the question ive seen a few attempts, not pretty. not saying if you had panel grade leather and all the time in the world + really good skills it couldnt be done

Last edited by amustangrocks; 8/8/13 at 02:29 PM.
Old 8/8/13, 04:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
That is nice! I want one! One question though: does it interfere with the USB cable routing out of the console? (I apologize if this question has already been asked. I didn't read every post).
Old 8/8/13, 05:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Nope. I'm still able to run mine. might even make it easier, oddly enough.
Old 8/8/13, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Nope. I'm still able to run mine. might even make it easier, oddly enough.
Cool. Thanks for the info.
Old 8/8/13, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the usb cable still fits through fine.
Old 8/8/13, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks guys. not having a new car i really couldnt answer that. maybe someone could post up a pic of the cable? where does it come through?
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3103.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 8/8/13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 8/8/13, 02:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
There's actually a little half moon shaped groove cutout just underneath the console lid/key latch so that a cord can run through and not get caught up in the lid.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2372240633.jpg  

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/8/13 at 02:39 PM.
Old 8/8/13, 05:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-98179612.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2413937523.jpg  
Old 8/9/13, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

ahh thanks guys. ive seen a cord in pics people have posted but never new just what that was. that explains everything.
Old 8/10/13, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the photos guys. I'm sold. Going to place an order for one soon.

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers