Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/14, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Do you have a pic of the "four gauge cluster" you're talking about?
The 4 Gauge Cluster (What Ford parts calls it) is just the Base GT (Non Premium) and Base 3.7 cluster....
They just have the Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp....All the 2013-14-MY GT Premiums have (what Ford parts calls) "5.0 and 3.7 NA Instrument Cluster with Unique Features" I guess they call the LCD Track-Apps+Virtual Gauges, "Unique Features"
The 2010-2012-MY Premiums had the 6 Gauge Clusters, Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Temp, Volts, Oil.....

Sean.

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 3/31/14 at 12:21 AM.
Old 3/31/14, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly
So Dan, are you saying that if I order a '14 "Unique Features LCD" gauge cluster for my late build '13 Premium 6 Man. Ford will have problems getting that '14 cluster to communicate with my '13 PCM?.....

I was under the impression that the New GT's "Dual Path Tuning" capability was all due to the Hardware and Software located in the New Gauge Cluster's for the Late Build '14 GT's (Build date after 7-1-13) ......Or are you just referring to GT vs BOSS PCM's?....

Or am I further in the Weeds about this than I thought?!

Sean.
There will be no issues with the communications between the PCM and the Cluster.

If you are feeling really adventurous, you could flash the 13 PCM over to a 14 PN, and possible gain the Track Key. (not verified).

Everything related to engine performance is stored in the PCM. The only role the cluster plays in this is determining what key is the track key. As it is system of record for the PATS.

Unique features = marketing garbage

It would probably be in your better interest to pick up a VCM clone rather than going to the dealer. Between me and dan we can get you set right.

-Matt
Old 4/1/14, 07:07 AM
GT Member

I am getting sick of the colors flickering in the boss cluster....Teasing me everytime I open the door lol....I think the car wants me to have my color back, it's just confused lol
LOL! I KNEW this would drive you crazy. Insert your key or open the door and the Boss Cluster puts on a mini light show. LOL Turn the key and then she is "ice cold" NO SOUP FOR YOU! Turbo

Zeroaviation
Matt, We are up for experimenting. Here is what I would like to know if it would be plausible.
**We run and after market tune and have too because, no cats, different intake, etc.**
Standard Track Key would not work for us because of ^ ^
1) We have different custom tunes loaded onto our SCT hand held unit. Is it possible to have one tune (93 octane performance tune) loaded to activate with the use of a (Track Key) and our (87 Octane economy tune) loaded to activate on the other key?
Having "Key Activated" tunes would be AWESOME, we just cant run on the tune that Ford offers with their Track Key.

2) Would it be possible to alter the Track Key tune. i.e. Buy a Track Key kit, flash to the 13 Boss PCM and activate the Track Key to have the same calibration as our MPT 93 Performance Tune.
Your thoughts

Last edited by Deerslayer; 4/1/14 at 08:00 AM.
Old 4/1/14, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Deerslayer
Zeroaviation
Matt, We are up for experimenting. Here is what I would like to know if it would be plausible.
**We run and after market tune and have too because, no cats, different intake, etc.**
Standard Track Key would not work for us because of ^ ^
1) We have different custom tunes loaded onto our SCT hand held unit. Is it possible to have one tune (93 octane performance tune) loaded to activate with the use of a (Track Key) and our (87 Octane economy tune) loaded to activate on the other key?
Having "Key Activated" tunes would be AWESOME, we just cant run on the tune that Ford offers with their Track Key.
Your thoughts
I'm going to use the word Tune, its the same as calibrations.

Jim010 and Dhmines are currently stock. So track key could work for them if they want to stick with standard ford Tunes.

I have not done any research on this in depth. However, I do believe it would be as easy as loading another tune into the Track Key bank. Just have to find out where in memory this is.

I'm surprised SCT has not done it yet. (or Diablo for that matter)

-Matt
Old 4/1/14, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you put a premium cluster in a base GT without mycolor, does that also add the mycolor capability?
Old 4/1/14, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
If you put a premium cluster in a base GT without mycolor, does that also add the mycolor capability?
Yes.
Old 4/1/14, 08:47 AM
GT Member

I'm surprised SCT has not done it yet. (or Diablo for that matter)
They probably would like to do it. It obviously requires the use of IDS and a VCMII, so no way Ford goes along with them until they market it as their own. I would LOVE to figure out a way to do this. An aftermarket tune key activated would be awesome.
It is possible, because they offer their own tune on Boss's and new GT's. What is different with the keys and is it just PCM programming?
I can buy the Track Key set and disc online. Wanna experiment?

Matt, just bought a track Key for $255 on ebay: this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171201539608...84.m1439.l2649
Here is a link to the instructions for it: What do you think?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/track...tions_V2.2.pdf

Last edited by Deerslayer; 4/1/14 at 09:00 AM.
Old 4/1/14, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Deerslayer
They probably would like to do it. It obviously requires the use of IDS and a VCMII, so no way Ford goes along with them until they market it as their own. I would LOVE to figure out a way to do this. An aftermarket tune key activated would be awesome.
It is possible, because they offer their own tune on Boss's and new GT's. What is different with the keys and is it just PCM programming?
I can buy the Track Key set and disc online. Wanna experiment?

Matt, just bought a track Key for $255 on ebay: this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171201539608...84.m1439.l2649
Here is a link to the instructions for it: What do you think?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/track...tions_V2.2.pdf
This should be fun!

The cluster actually determines that its a track key, and tells the PCM so it will switch maps.

I responded your PM

-Matt
Old 4/1/14, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
In IDS .. Track Key can be enabled under Module Programming > Personality > Track Key ... Time to Play ....
Old 4/1/14, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
In IDS .. Track Key can be enabled under Module Programming > Personality > Track Key ... Time to Play ....
I'm fairly certain that you have to be connected to OASIS to actually load the calibrations for Track Key. I may be wrong though.

-Matt
Old 4/1/14, 01:00 PM

There is so much to read. Can someone just list what is required for me to put a 2013 track apps cluster in my 2012 GT Premium? I know I need the cluster and the steering wheel buttons for the track apps cluster but what else is needed and what else is required with PCM flashing and stuff?
Old 4/1/14, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by flames61196
There is so much to read. Can someone just list what is required for me to put a 2013 track apps cluster in my 2012 GT Premium? I know I need the cluster and the steering wheel buttons for the track apps cluster but what else is needed and what else is required with PCM flashing and stuff?
Its coming man. The powers here that be are formulating a post or thread that has all the info you will need. Just not ready yet.
Old 4/1/14, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ZXMustang2
Its coming man. The powers here that be are formulating a post or thread that has all the info you will need. Just not ready yet.
it is right here:

https://themustangsource.com/f803/re...luster-529167/

LEXiiON
Old 4/1/14, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by flames61196
There is a thread listed above. Please take the time and read the entire thread to find out how we got here, and all the technical details. There is still some research/development to be done.

-Matt
Old 4/1/14, 02:36 PM

Yeah I am reading through now. Only on page 14 sadly. I just figured I would comment and see if there was going to be a thread that outlines everything from start to finish. Thanks guys!
Old 4/1/14, 07:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do we want to close this and clean it up to remove some of the redundant chatter?
Old 4/1/14, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
But we are not done yet. Jim needs to get his automatic transmission to work and I need my 2010 retrofit completed ... There is still work to do. Jim has the overview thread already, I think we should keep this as the development and add relevant information to Jim's new thread.

My thoughts,

LEXiiON
Old 4/1/14, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with LEXiiON. Were almost there.

-Matt
Old 4/2/14, 05:47 AM

Can we also add the link to the new thread with VCMII link to purchase and the software that will be needed?? Also maybe some procedures on how to do-it-yourself with the VCMII from home?
Old 4/2/14, 07:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
I agree with LEXiiON. Were almost there.

-Matt
We are not done until we have mycolor with the boss clusters lol...ford wants us to finish that for them!

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit