Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/14, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEXiiON
2010 car... But i guess Matt and myself together with dmhines help will close that one, tooo

LEXiiON
Yup, should be a super easy to do especially if you come out to KC. I'm starting to wonder about all the other mustangs too. Jim is wanting to do his 05...

-Matt
Old 3/25/14, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Overboost No...... Don't !!! We will get that done too

Last edited by LEXiiON; 3/25/14 at 01:56 PM.
Old 3/25/14, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Your running a 2013 calibration and firmware for sure. All I can do is reload my factory calibration. Can't do a reflash either. Maybe I should see if I can load Boss firmware like ajpturbo did.

Hines, I did not do any firmware changes. I didn't think we could do that with what we have. I just simply did a PMI on IPC(cluster) and also did manual entries of my as built data into the IPC. Both at different times to see if I could get the mycolor on the Boss cluster.

I see on your previous post you were talking about entering p/n for components to give the functionality of what you were looking for. Can't find the post. Something about PCM part number changes. You did that with IDS?

So makes me wondering if changing the part number of the boss cluster to a GT part number would change functionality and give me mycolor back...The car should not deny me this...It's my right dammit...give it back lol
Old 3/25/14, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes, it was the part number that enabled us to get the cluster working. Once the part number was entered, then IDS asked for PMI on the PCM. This is what got it working for us.
Old 3/25/14, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jim010
Yes, it was the part number that enabled us to get the cluster working. Once the part number was entered, then IDS asked for PMI on the PCM. This is what got it working for us.

So you changed the part number for the PCM? I think that's what you are saying.....I don't think you have the option to change the part number for the IPC

So you made the PCM think it was actually a different part, thus enabling you to load a 13' calibration, thus making all your other things work?

Last edited by ajpturbo; 3/25/14 at 05:01 PM.
Old 3/25/14, 05:56 PM
GT Member

That is what I understood ajpturbo. They basically flashed their PCM to a '13 with '13 callibrations
Old 3/25/14, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

The 12 PCM has been flashed with 2013 PCM firmware, and Calibration.

I just got off the phone with Jim where we did a datalog. Aside from the car running very rich during the COLD cycle, 13 calibration looks drivable at part throttle.

I'm going to send both Jim and Dan a tune to make up for these changes, ultimately it will be a 2012 calibration..

Firmware = Logic
Calibration = Settings

-Matt
Old 3/25/14, 06:26 PM
GT Member

Am I missing something? Can we flash the IPC to change firmware?
Old 3/25/14, 08:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroaviation
The 12 PCM has been flashed with 2013 PCM firmware, and Calibration.

I just got off the phone with Jim where we did a datalog. Aside from the car running very rich during the COLD cycle, 13 calibration looks drivable at part throttle.

I'm going to send both Jim and Dan a tune to make up for these changes, ultimately it will be a 2012 calibration..

Firmware = Logic
Calibration = Settings

-Matt
I beat on mine a little today ... runs pretty **** strong!!
Old 3/25/14, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I beat on mine a little today ... runs pretty **** strong!!
That makes me nervous....

Life in the fast lane
Old 3/25/14, 09:36 PM

Hey everyone! I got a question. If I want to change my base model 2014 mustang gt which is manual with brembo package into a 2014 premium cluster. What exactly would I need to complete this setup? I also want the my color feature and if possible the track package. The track package is not a must but I would like to have it.

Thanks,
Miguel
Old 3/25/14, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check the other stickied thread, as it is far more condensed.
Old 3/25/14, 11:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok. Here is the "2010" plan:

I managed to get a 2013 GT500 cluster yesterday ....

I start assuming the "ebay" ABS module is broken...YAW sensor errror during ABS calibration...not a good sign. I will order a new one. That might explain some of my problems...
So i need:
2013 ABS module (That's the most interesting part. Will Track Apps work?)
The modified cruise switch (As I cannot flash my PCM to 2013 FW)
The black Box (see above)
As my car is supercharged, Matt and I will work on feeding the AFR (2010's don't have wideband O2's) and Boost through the black box into the CAN bus to display those in the cluster.
I will update this thread here, as I don't want to disrupt the new thread. Jim, once we have that procedure done, you can add that to the other...

Then, we should be complete

LEXiiON
Old 3/26/14, 06:34 AM

I was lead to this Thread "Google" because I want to replace my late build 2013-MY GT Premium Track-Pack Gauge Cluster to a Late build (After 7/1/13) 2014-MY GT Premium Gauge Cluster.
I want to do this in order to be able to take advantage of the New FRPP (GT "Track-Key")

I do have a friend that I helped order a 2014-MY GT Premium with the Exact Same Options that My '13 has, as I was told by multiple Dealers Parts dept. techs. that "They can not order the Gauge Cluster (with the unique features LCD) unless I provide them with the VIN# For a 14"......
So I am patiently waiting for my buddies VIN to become available online!....

I also would like to say Thank You, to the Main contributors to this Thread (zeroaviation, and jim010, and dmhines!) just to name a few,
and that you guys are owed Much Thanks by everyone (not just the Members Here) but from everyone that might be a Member, or Frequent other Sites, because you guys have Gone Way Above and Beyond what any average Member would have! And for this I Thank You Guys Wholeheartedly! I am Very happy that I came across this great site, and became a Member in doing so!

I happen to be a Site Administrator over at Allfordmustangs.com but I must admit, I was absolutely Elated to be able to read the WHOLE 67 Pages of this Thread, and I look forward in being able to frequent "The Mustang Source" for the vast knowledge base from its Members, and to come over and be able to "Relax" as just a regular Member!......

Sean.

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 3/26/14 at 10:26 AM.
Old 3/26/14, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the Kudos. Don't forget dmhines, though.

Not out of the woods yet.

In my 2012 automatic I am having warnings when I put the car into 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Before I flashed the PCM to 2013, when I put the transmission into gear, the cluster recognized this and displayed 'sport shift' and the gear I was in. This DESPITE that I don't have select shift. There were no DTCs whatsoever.

But AFTER flashing the PCM to 2013, now the wrench symbol and the minus sign come up, and the check engine light also comes on when I manually put it into gear. It briefly flashes 'sport shift' and the gear, so the PCM knows what I am doing, but then quickly displays the warnings.
Old 3/26/14, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sean Reilly
I was lead to this Thread "Google" because I want to replace my late build 2013-MY GT Premium Track-Pack Gauge Cluster to a Late build (After 7/1/13) 2014-MY GT Premium Gauge Cluster.
I want to do this in order to be able to take advantage of the New FRPP (GT "Track-Key")

I do have a friend that I helped order a 2014-MY GT Premium with the Exact Same Options that My '13 has, as I was told by multiple Dealers Parts dept. techs. that "They can not order the Gauge Cluster (with the unique features LCD) unless I provide them with the VIN# For a 14"......
So I am patiently waiting for my buddies VIN to become available online!....

I also would like to say Thank You, to the Main contributors to this Thread (zeroaviation, and jim010, and dmhines!) just to name a few,
and that you guys are owed Much Thanks by everyone (not just the Members Here) but from everyone that might be a Member, or Frequent other Sites, because you guys have Gone Way Above and Beyond what any average Member would have! And for this I Thank You Guys Wholeheartedly! I am Very happy that I came across this great site, and became a Member in doing so!

I happen to be a Site Administrator over at Allfordmustangs.com but I must admit, I was absolutely Elated to be able to read the WHOLE 67 Pages of this Thread, and I look forward in being able to frequent "The Mustang Source" for the vast knowledge base from its Members, and to come over and be able to "Relax" as just a regular Member!......

Sean.
Sean you do know you can get a VIN from just about any dealer site or even cars.com??????

Took me 3 minutes to find this one, but its from a 2014 GT Premium track pack car with manual trans.
1ZVBP8CF9E5214897

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8CF9E5214897

There you go.
Old 3/26/14, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZXMustang2
Sean you do know you can get a VIN from just about any dealer site or even cars.com??????

Took me 3 minutes to find this one, but its from a 2014 GT Premium track pack car with manual trans.
1ZVBP8CF9E5214897

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8CF9E5214897

There you go.
I should have Stated that MY Dealer wont order, nor do the Relearn needed, or any work involving a new Gauge Cluster (that they wont be receiving a return Core from) as I plan on keeping My original Cluster, unless they themselves Sold BOTH of the cars involved, and they also want permission from the owner of the donor (ghost) VIN #....

Its just their Policy, and I know, and trust them, so going to a different dealer is out of the question in my case.

Sean.

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 3/26/14 at 01:44 PM.
Old 3/26/14, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sean.

probably easier to get the cluster from Tousley and a VCM clone.
I tried the same thing (back in 2012) for a GT500 cluster and they had the car for a week and couldn't get the PATS stuff done.

LEXiiON
Old 3/27/14, 05:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We need somebody with a 2013 GT and a Factory Tune to data log for us ... either with VCM or another device. We are seeing some numbers on our 2012's with the 2013 PCM and want to see if they are normal or not .... I know AJPturbo has a tuned car ...
Old 3/27/14, 06:23 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You guys are doing some impressive things in this thread. Lots of great manipulating and programming work. Just really wondering what's the point. Not that familiar with the 13 vs' 12 cluster but it can't be that much better. I really would like to know.

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit