Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/14, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by LEXiiON
I will log some stuff tonight. However I don't have the GT500 cluster in there at the moment.

LEXiiON
Matt,

Can we is that to log why the bb is not working on low gas?

LEXiiON
Old 7/27/14, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Matt, Can we is that to log why the bb is not working on low gas? LEXiiON
Im looking into it, trying replicate it. Will know more soon.
Old 7/27/14, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Im looking into it, trying replicate it. Will know more soon.
Logs sent
Old 7/27/14, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Logs sent
Thanks! This issue of the software ID not showing is specific to your PCM generation. Good Find!

-Matt
Old 7/27/14, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks! This issue of the software ID not showing is specific to your PCM generation. Good Find!

-Matt
Do you want me to try my wife's Edge, too?

LEXiiON
Old 7/27/14, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you want me to try my wife's Edge, too?

LEXiiON
Sure! wouldn't hurt.

-Matt
Old 7/27/14, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sure! wouldn't hurt.

-Matt
Sent. that one worked without any issue.

LEXiiON
Old 7/28/14, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can downlaod from here http://www.zeroaviation.com/files/Ze...2534Tester.zip

If you run into any issues with anything NOT showing, please save the log, and either post it here, or PM me.
Matt,

I just saw this and downloaded the file. I'll run this tonight after work and send you the logs.

Basically you want us to run the file, if there are any errors save the log and send it to you and if there are no errors then let you know it was successful?

Are there any special things we need to do for this test? Does the car need to be ignition on engine off, or ignition on engine on?

Thanks, just trying to help out if I can.

-Jose
Old 7/28/14, 05:34 PM

Sure! wouldn't hurt.

-Matt
Matt,

I used the J2534 tester you provided on the forum earlier with my VCM II tool.

There were no apparent errors, but the VIN number displayed was not the VIN number for my car. I saved the log and screen shot of the tester.

I hope this helps the cause. let me know if there's anything else I can do to help out.

Thanks,
Jose

EDIT: I just double checked and the first 10 characters were correct. The last 7 characters (11 thru 17) were a repeat of the previous 7 characters (3 thru 10). I don't know if that helps any more.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
2014.07.28-ssjbuu_tester.zip (105.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by ssjbuu; 7/28/14 at 05:42 PM.
Old 7/28/14, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by johnsonwcjw
dhmines yes ive found you are right IDS does not recognize the roush PCM. I also tried multple times leaving the switch off until it says the pcm is blank then IDS goes to the internet and downloads the calibration files but they will not upload to the PCM. IT ends on a screen that shows basic vehicle information like
Vehicle: Mustang
Engine Type: TiVCT
Capacity: 5.0L
Transmission: Manual
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Emission level: 50 State Emmision
Odometer: 10029.4mile
Vin:IZVBP8XXXX
Thats where everything stalls. When im on this screen I have no blue check mark and everything stops.

Ive also downloaded the Roush diagnostic tool and the car hooks up and reads the PCM perfectly in this tool unfortunately you have to have a flash voucher and coupon code to actually flash any modules on the car.

Yes im aware that I need the 13/14 tune. Im not gonna start the car until I can get Lund to send me a Tune if im able to get this done... Thanks for you time.
i got mine too i was playing with it and its pretty weird program im going to need help with how to use it, you know program the asbuit pats relearn and stuff
Old 8/4/14, 07:34 AM

Sent. that one worked without any issue.

LEXiiON
Hi, new to this forum. I've read this ENTIRE thread and installed a premium cluster. Did PATS and car starts fine, but I cannot access module programming (same problem LEXiiON was having earlier). I've tried on both an xp and Windows 7 computer installing and running as administrator. I also tried (on win 7) changing "run in compatibility" modes for xp sp3 and 7. LEXiiON, how did you eventually get access? If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 8/4/14, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by dcruscher
Hi, new to this forum. I've read this ENTIRE thread and installed a premium cluster. Did PATS and car starts fine, but I cannot access module programming (same problem LEXiiON was having earlier). I've tried on both an xp and Windows 7 computer installing and running as administrator. I also tried (on win 7) changing "run in compatibility" modes for xp sp3 and 7. LEXiiON, how did you eventually get access? If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Nevermind, I should've had more faith in deerslayer. I now have the fix. Gonna try it tonight after work. Thx.

By the way, zeroaviation, dmhines, lexiion, jim010, you guys are geniuses. Thanks for doing all the legwork so us computer illiterate can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Now if only there were an easy way to get SYNC :-)
Old 8/4/14, 11:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

-Matt
The bb not working when low on gas also was an issue with the bb when installed in my car as well.

Last edited by jim010; 8/4/14 at 11:23 AM.
Old 8/4/14, 11:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Nevermind, I should've had more faith in deerslayer. I now have the fix. Gonna try it tonight after work. Thx.

By the way, zeroaviation, dmhines, lexiion, jim010, you guys are geniuses. Thanks for doing all the legwork so us computer illiterate can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Now if only there were an easy way to get SYNC :-)
Sync would involve the sync module and dash harness.
Old 8/4/14, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

dcrusher - what fix are you talking about? can you send me a private message about it?

i've got plans to use the ford ids and vcmii on a windows XP virtual machine, if i can run windows 7 that would be much more preferred! but i havent yet hooked up my vcmii to my computer yet or my car to try to access anything and wont until i order the cluster and receive it.
Old 8/5/14, 01:55 PM

**EDIT**Nevermind, I do believe I have found all my answers by looking at the wiring diagrams and being able to see the back of both gauge clusters. Should be fairly easy to wire up. Sorry for the thread jump! Carry on...**

So I signed up on this forum so I could ask all the geniuses in this thread about my current problem. Yes, I read all 103 pages of this hoping to stumble on the help I am after. I have searched, and asked, with no luck.

I have a base 2010 V6 with the standard 4 gauge cluster. I am wanting to swap it out for the simple 6 gauge cluster. Will be going with a standard unit, nothing with all the bells and whistles. I know I need the cluster, and the headlight switch bezel with the buttons in it. I will also be getting the VCM 2 with the IDS software, so I can do any programming I will need to do myself. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this is the fact that my current headlight switch doesn't have the 4 pin connector already there to be able to operate the message display on the 6 gauge cluster. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? Can I buy / make the harness? Does it mean the connections will be different on the cluster? I know that some of the 05-09 models have the connection to the dash there, just not hooked up. I was hoping for the same. But of course my luck is never that grand, I guess they changed that in 10+ models, unless it's tucked away somewhere that I cannot see.

Thanks to anyone that might be able to lend a hand here. I know it's off topic to the thread, but kinda not...really. Also, if anyone has any of the parts I might need laying around, hit me up. And if someone could confirm that the VCM / IDS will work with a Windows 8 laptop, that would be nice too. Thanks again!

Last edited by refuzeandrezizt; 8/5/14 at 02:47 PM.
Old 8/6/14, 12:14 PM

Anyone know how to activate the compass on the radio? Is there an asbuild code? Ever since I upgraded the cluster there are two lines where it would display. Thx
Old 8/6/14, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

You need the mirror with the build in compass...
Old 8/6/14, 04:53 PM

ATENTION BEFORE YOU DO THIS, as it can F*&%^ UP your Software
ok if you have the same version as i do 89 and the same VCMII the cloned one the option is not there, you got to update the VCMII and the software to 90.01
BUT VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU DO YOU ONLY GOING TO HAVE 3 days of free software yes its a pirate program at least mine is im looking for a 90.01 or up version if you guys have it share
Old 8/6/14, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WARHEADBR
ATENTION BEFORE YOU DO THIS, as it can F*&%^ UP your Software
ok if you have the same version as i do 89 and the same VCMII the cloned one the option is not there, you got to update the VCMII and the software to 90.01
BUT VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU DO YOU ONLY GOING TO HAVE 3 days of free software yes its a pirate program at least mine is im looking for a 90.01 or up version if you guys have it share
Did you update your VCM software to 90???

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit