5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/14, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Cmon now, you could have done that air filter lol.

Well yea. The $105 is more or less for cutting and programming the key. Seems to be about average for key programming.
Old 7/29/14, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by zombietop
I have not yet paid the dealership as the plan was I was going to bring my car back to them today as a matter of fact, to do the rest of the install. Thus far, labor for cutting the key, programming it for my car, and installing the air filter, was $105. Then thy were wanting another $100 for the tune to be installed. I will do the tune my self, and pay them for cutting and programming my key, the $105. So instead of paying around $500 for all, I save 100 bucks and get a procal tool. Not bad. My experiences with this dealership have been far less than a pleasure from the day I signed the papers on my car. As for them getting a procal tool with the tune, I do not think so. From the impression I got, Mike had not yet shipped the tool out to the dealership.
If it was me. I'd just never go back at all. Teach them a lesson for ripping people off. Those prices are obscene.
Old 7/29/14, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Im getting ready to order a track key. The one who installed there new update is everything seem to be working correctly? No CEL? What seems to be the best features of this?

Also There is a track keys for sale that was never installed if i purchase it will there be any issues?
I did everything that I could yesterday afternoon to replicate the conditions in which the light would come on and so far it hasn't returned, so *fingers crossed*.

It might be in my head, but I swear the tune feels better too... Ray, Mike, was anything else tweaked in the update? If not then the car must have been pulling timing or something due to the codes because it definitely felt happier after the tune was installed.

I just wanted to say to everyone at FRPP that I (we all) really appreciate your help and diligence in getting this resolved! Admitting a mistake is one thing, but going the extra mile to resolve that mistake is more than expected in this day & age.
Old 7/29/14, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by WNRacing
I did everything that I could yesterday afternoon to replicate the conditions in which the light would come on and so far it hasn't returned, so *fingers crossed*.

It might be in my head, but I swear the tune feels better too... Ray, Mike, was anything else tweaked in the update? If not then the car must have been pulling timing or something due to the codes because it definitely felt happier after the tune was installed.

I just wanted to say to everyone at FRPP that I (we all) really appreciate your help and diligence in getting this resolved! Admitting a mistake is one thing, but going the extra mile to resolve that mistake is more than expected in this day & age.
Thanks!

Nothing else was modified in the tune.
Old 7/29/14, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mfc133
Ray, did the SD cards go out yet?
Shipping out today. Everyone that gets a new SD will need to to put the stock calibration back in the car with the first SD before loading the new one.
Old 7/29/14, 09:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by raysmust
Shipping out today. Everyone that gets a new SD will need to to put the stock calibration back in the car with the first SD before loading the new one.
Ray, I didn't have a old sd so I'm just installing the new one because I am already stock correct?
Old 7/29/14, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Ray, I didn't have a old sd so I'm just installing the new one because I am already stock correct?
Those instructions are for people that already have the procal tool from ordering the track cal. They are getting a new memory cars only.
Old 7/29/14, 10:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Those instructions are for people that already have the procal tool from ordering the track cal. They are getting a new memory cars only.
Should have mine tomorrow. Can't wait to hear that Lopey idle lol. Have had to wait almost a month now to this done.
Old 7/29/14, 10:21 AM

Correct.
Old 7/29/14, 10:22 AM

So is it safe to apply my voucher now to get the latest procal tool?
Old 7/29/14, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastford
So is it safe to apply my voucher now to get the latest procal tool?
Yes, everything in the system is updated with the new software.
Old 7/29/14, 12:04 PM

Great, thanks
Old 7/29/14, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by solscooter
I'm wondering if I can use the procal to change the tire size for both regular and track key. This would be a big help when I have the funds to upgrade wheels and tires
Ray can you shed any light on this? Thanks for sticking with us
Old 7/29/14, 12:19 PM
V6 Member

Hey scoot. Someone answered that. You will see options to change tire sizes when you connect the cal. It will say that the software has been installed or something like that and will give you options to change or input the correct or new tire size.

Here ya go :
Write down the values displayed for tire and axle for future reference in the event it is ever desired to return the vehicle to the stock calibration. If the vehicle has stock tires on the drive wheels and a stock axle ratio, skip to step 25A.
Use the Up/Down arrow keys to change tire revolutions per mile and press ENTER when desired revolutions per mile is obtained. Note: Calculate revolutions per mile by dividing 63360 inches/mile (5280 feet/mile x 12 inches/foot) by the measured circumference of your tire (in inches).
For example, if the measured circumference of a tire on one of the vehicle's driven wheels is 84 inches, revolutions per mile for your tire size would be 754.

Another way to calculate this number is by utilizing the sizing information written on the side of the tire. For a tire of the size P285/35-19, calculate tire revolutions per mile as follows: Revs per mile = 20850 / { [ (2 * 285 * 35) / 2540] + 19 } = 776.4 which rounds down to 776.
After programming, if the speedometer indicates a different vehicle speed than a GPS unit, the programmed tire revolutions per mile can be tweaked to increase speedometer accuracy. For example, If the calculated tire size is 776 revolutions per mile and a GPS unit says the vehicle is traveling 70 mph while the speedometer says 75 mph, simply multiply the calculated tire size by 75 / 70 to give 776 * (75 / 70) = 831 revolutions per mile.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 7/29/14 at 12:30 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 12:40 PM

Yes, you would be able to adjust tire size and axle ratio.
Old 7/29/14, 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Found a link that shows you the settings on the procal tool including the axle and tire size options.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-II-Programmer
Old 7/29/14, 12:59 PM
V6 Member

Found a online tire size calculator that does the work for you.
http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/
Old 7/29/14, 02:13 PM
GT Member

yeah i know you can enter those values in the pro-cal. i was asking when you enter/change the value will it effect both keys, the track and regular

Last edited by solscooter; 7/29/14 at 02:17 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 02:23 PM

yeah i know you can enter those values in the pro-cal. i was asking when you enter/change the value will it effect both keys, the track and regular
Yes, any programming will affect both keys.
Old 7/29/14, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by WNRacing

Doors should be closed during programming, just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013