5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/14, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like they already called into Ford. They were instructed to erase the PCM, download as built data and then re-install Trackey. They said it has already been done.

Do I need to let the car relearn standard tune before trying Trackey again? How will I know if I have the latest Trackey with fixes?
Old 7/22/14, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't have the latest tune but I will take care of that without you having to go to the dealer.
Old 7/22/14, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been trying to follow this thread very closely, but I feel like I've missed something. How can someone who has had the track key installed possibly get the updated tune/software without going back to the dealership? I can understand the way a new SD card can be sent out for TrackCal owners, but don't understand for TrackKey owners.
Old 7/22/14, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by raysmust
You don't have the latest tune but I will take care of that without you having to go to the dealer.
Ray, why can't you answer if the updated tune is ready or not? Is there a problem? I know you are following the thread. A lot of people are waiting to purchase the Track Cal. They probably will not do so until we get the word that we are getting the updated tune in the tuner.

I for one may just go with the SCT tuner if this is not figured out soon.
Old 7/22/14, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by bullet3z
Ray, why can't you answer if the updated tune is ready or not? Is there a problem? I know you are following the thread. A lot of people are waiting to purchase the Track Cal. They probably will not do so until we get the word that we are getting the updated tune in the tuner.

I for one may just go with the SCT tuner if this is not figured out soon.
The update is getting loaded in the system over the next day or so.

I have not responded to this because I am not the one who has to load it. I do not want to make anymore broken promises as I thought it was being uploaded last week.

All the testing is done and we are waiting for the lead engineer to put them in.
Old 7/22/14, 07:47 PM

I ordered the Track key from my dealership 385.00 and had it installed Friday for 85.00....They had the car for a little over a hour and tech said everything went perfect. I have put over 200 hundreds miles on the car since Friday and have decided to retire my old keys.....It is unbelievable driving experience and the lopey idle and the whole car shakes is pretty bad......Ive had more complements in the last three days than I have had in the last year Ive had the car.....Now I cant wait till Friday to take her out again. If your wondering if the Track Key is worth it YES IT IS..............
Old 7/22/14, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by raysmust
The update is getting loaded in the system over the next day or so.

I have not responded to this because I am not the one who has to load it. I do not want to make anymore broken promises as I thought it was being uploaded last week.

All the testing is done and we are waiting for the lead engineer to put them in.

Thank you for the answer. I figured this may have been the reason you did not answer the question. But I wanted to make sure.
Old 7/22/14, 08:28 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John H
I've been trying to follow this thread very closely, but I feel like I've missed something. How can someone who has had the track key installed possibly get the updated tune/software without going back to the dealership? I can understand the way a new SD card can be sent out for TrackCal owners, but don't understand for TrackKey owners.
The track key is already loaded in my car so the update would only be a software fix not a redo of the tune? So same update method as the Track Cal I would suppose?
Old 7/23/14, 06:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by todcp
The track key is already loaded in my car so the update would only be a software fix not a redo of the tune? So same update method as the Track Cal I would suppose?
My thoughts are that everyone, key and cal, will get a procal with new memory card. For the key people, the key is already programmed to activate the second tune on the PCM. And the procal should be capable of loading the new one to that part of the PCM.
Old 7/23/14, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline
My thoughts are that everyone, key and cal, will get a procal with new memory card. For the key people, the key is already programmed to activate the second tune on the PCM. And the procal should be capable of loading the new one to that part of the PCM.
That seems unlikely, but anything is possible I suppose.

I would assume that those of us with the key will most likely have to go back to the dealer that installed it and have the PCM flashed and tunes reloaded.
Old 7/23/14, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WNRacing
That seems unlikely, but anything is possible I suppose.

I would assume that those of us with the key will most likely have to go back to the dealer that installed it and have the PCM flashed and tunes reloaded.
As Ray said,
"The key was already activated by the dealer so all that needs to change is the calibration.

Because of the issues with the calibration we do not want the customer to accumulate more costs. That is why we will allow these cars to be fixed by you, the customer."
Old 7/23/14, 08:28 AM

As Ray said,
"The key was already activated by the dealer so all that needs to change is the calibration.

Because of the issues with the calibration we do not want the customer to accumulate more costs. That is why we will allow these cars to be fixed by you, the customer."
I think that was probably directed towards the folks who already have a procal, but we'll see I suppose. I don't see FRPP giving everyone with a '14.5 a $350 tool, but it would be nice. I certainly wouldn't complain.
Old 7/23/14, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

That seems unlikely, but anything is possible I suppose. I would assume that those of us with the key will most likely have to go back to the dealer that installed it and have the PCM flashed and tunes reloaded.
I agree that that would be the cleanest way to do it. Wipe, flash stock, flash track. But ray has insisted that this won't be necessary. Specifically for the key too.

Most of the time FRPP sends out refurbished procal tools anyway. So I don't think this gesture to avoid the hassle of another dealer trip for "their mistake" would be that crazy. The CS would far outweigh any cost involved.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/23/14 at 08:39 AM.
Old 7/23/14, 08:36 AM
GT Member

It would be simple to hold a deposit on the tool with your credit card then a credit back after you return the tool.
But we will see.
I can assure you my dealer will be even less happy than me if I have to bring the car back in for this work. They invested five hours and only charged me $100.

I wonder how many installs need to be fixed?
Old 7/23/14, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

I think that was probably directed towards the folks who already have a procal, but we'll see I suppose. I don't see FRPP giving everyone with a '14.5 a $350 tool, but it would be nice. I certainly wouldn't complain.
Let's say the tool actually does cost upwards of $300. They only give what, $75 back if you return it? Then send it to the next guy that paid $300+. Sending out tools that have been turned over several times won't cost them squat.
Old 7/23/14, 08:42 AM
GT Member

FYI
Just ran my first track day with the Track Key. Very pleased with the new deceleration and more. The car ran perfectly all day in sunny 90 degree weather.

Yep. The CEL is still lit but no issues presenting.
Old 7/23/14, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

It would be simple to hold a deposit on the tool with your credit card then a credit back after you return the tool. But we will see. I can assure you my dealer will be even less happy than me if I have to bring the car back in for this work. They invested five hours and only charged me $100. I wonder how many installs need to be fixed?
This made me think of another point in favor of the tools being sent out. Dealers can't have a tech tied up and make no money. So FRPP would probably have to reimburse dealers somehow. This would also be far more expensive than sending out a tool.

Having it sent back after makes a ton of sense. But it would double shipping costs which wouldn't be cheap.
Old 7/23/14, 09:09 AM

We'll just have to wait and see.. I don't see FRPP giving out procals or doing any kind of a loan a tool program, but I could be wrong.

I would assume that they will be taking care of the dealer cost to have the calibrations reloaded, but that's about it.. We're still going to be inconvenienced either way, it's just part of the deal.

Last edited by WNRacing; 7/23/14 at 09:27 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 07:16 AM
V6 Member

Good news. They uploaded the new update for the track key yesterday so everything should be good when I go to Palm Bay Ford this Saturday (3rd trip). So it's all up to the dealership now.
Old 7/24/14, 08:34 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by typesredline
Well I guess I was wrong! Mike emailed me today and let me know that they hope to have a ProCal with the updated tune to me by mid-week next week..

Definitely surprising for sure! Has to be a pretty decent expense to make sure their customers are taken care of!

Just further reinforces why I love Ford & FRPP!

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013