5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/14, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
Sorry if this is a dumb question but, if I was to purchase a cold air intake and Boss 302 intake manifold and then get the track key installed. Would the tune be ok with those modds, or does my car need to remain stock with the track key tune?
You need to remain stock.
Old 7/11/14, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133

You need to remain stock.
I thought you could use a CAI if that CAI doesn't require a tune.

Pretty sure the BOSS manifold ain't gonna happen though.
Old 7/11/14, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, that's what I was wondering thank you!
Old 7/11/14, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
Ok, that's what I was wondering thank you!
Someone jump in if I'm giving bad information but the way I see it is the TracKey/TracCal tune can only replace the stock tune... So any mods requiring a special tune won't be compatible...
Old 7/11/14, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford Racing isn't gonna cut you a new tune when you put on headers, IM, etc like other tuners. There's only one Track Key/Cal tune and it is designed for a stock engine. This is the price you pay to have an emissions-legal, warranty friendly tune with launch control.

If you're installing hardware on your engine that requires a re-tune than you need to be looking at 3rd party tuners. As far as which mods need a tune or don't, that's been covered thoroughly in other threads no reason to clog up this one.
Old 7/12/14, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went to the dealer to get my track key installed and there is no voucher in the packet. I am so upset right now. Been on hold with Tasca Ford where I purchased it to see what I can do but I have been on hold forever. What can I do?

Originally Posted by raysmust
The key was already activated by the dealer so all that needs to change is the calibration.

Because of the issues with the calibration we do not want the customer to accumulate more costs. That is why we will allow these cars to be fixed by you, the customer.

All of these customers should have already called 800-367-3788 to register for the Ford Warranty so there will not be any problems.

If anyone has not called to register for Warranty please do so now. You will need a copy of the invoice from purchasing the kit and the RO from the Ford Dealer.

800-367-3788
Old 7/12/14, 10:13 AM
V6 Member

Just went to the dealer to get my track key installed and there is no voucher in the packet. I am so upset right now. Been on hold with Tascaparts.com where I purchased it to see what I can do but I have been on hold forever. Don't know what else to do now. Unreal.
Old 7/12/14, 10:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I flew back in town this morning. Picked up my car from the airport and started home. Car felt very sluggish getting on the highway. Got off at my exit and when I pulled away from the light the car felt like the emergency brake was on. It stalled twice, has no power. Turned around and headed to my dealer. The cats ARE CLOGGED. It wasn't just a false light in my case. They are squeezing me in because I was supposed to be leaving on vacation Monday driving to Myrtle Beach
Old 7/12/14, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I flew back in town this morning. Picked up my car from the airport and started home. Car felt very sluggish getting on the highway. Got off at my exit and when I pulled away from the light the car felt like the emergency brake was on. It stalled twice, has no power. Turned around and headed to my dealer. The cats ARE CLOGGED. It wasn't just a false light in my case. They are squeezing me in because I was supposed to be leaving on vacation Monday driving to Myrtle Beach
I knew it! False code my butt.

The revised cal that FRPP is sending out probably fixes whatever issue there is and they are just saying that it just removes the "false code" to save face.

As I speculated before. There would be no way to "remove" the cel unless the cause was fixed OR the sensor was turned off. The latter would not be possible while keeping the tune carb legal.

There is also no way the tune can dump that much fuel into the exhaust and not ruin the cats. The aftermarket knows this. FRPP is disappointingly in denial.
Old 7/12/14, 11:04 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Wow that stinks. No pun intended.
Old 7/12/14, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Just went to the dealer to get my track key installed and there is no voucher in the packet. I am so upset right now. Been on hold with Tasca Ford where I purchased it to see what I can do but I have been on hold forever. What can I do?
You are honestly better off going home and returning it. The track cal isn't consumer ready and probably won't be until FRPP admits that the lopey idle doesn't/won't work.

I would thank Tasca for messing up your order, your cats do.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/12/14 at 11:08 AM.
Old 7/12/14, 11:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Just went to the dealer to get my track key installed and there is no voucher in the packet. I am so upset right now. Been on hold with Tascaparts.com where I purchased it to see what I can do but I have been on hold forever. Don't know what else to do now. Unreal.
This happened to me as well. It is something ford racing is aware of. You need to talk with tasca or ford racing (tasca will have to call ford racing) and they will give you a voucher number over the phone. Either way ford racing is closed during the weekend.

I went through this too
Old 7/12/14, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by typesredline

[SNIP]

I would thank Tasca for messing up your order, your cats do.
To be clear, Tasca has nothing to do with what Ford Racing includes in the sealed package that Tasca resells.
Old 7/12/14, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to chime in, I read on ford racing website that the Boss exhaust system is a "recommended" upgrade when purchasing the Track key. It would make sense to me because the Boss Mustang is definitely built for the race track, and you would open up the exhaust dumps when using the track key to prevent the cats from being damaged and to take advantage of the tune.. This is my opinion but it seems to be logical. I plan on upgrading to the Boss exhaust before buying the track key. Also will only use track key with dumps open. I know this sucks for daily use but seems to be what everything was designed for in the first place for the Boss.

Any thoughts are welcome if you think I'm way off base here.
Old 7/12/14, 02:59 PM
GT Member

The boss exhaust is all after the cats. If the cats are the choke point the boss exhaust would make no difference.
Old 7/12/14, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by solscooter
The boss exhaust is all after the cats. If the cats are the choke point the boss exhaust would make no difference.
I think Pat's comment deserves consideration.
Maybe the cats are not a choke point rather back pressure after the cats reduces flow through the cats?
Probably not but it will be interesting to know when Ray and Mike from Ford Racing return if their GT test mule is running Boss side exhaust.
Old 7/12/14, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I was just looking at "design intent" if they don't put the Boss exhaust on, I got to believe the lopey idle part of the tune is not "exactly" as the Boss one is just to keep the cats intact just long enough to be out of warranty. ( I'm laughing a bit when I wrote that.
Old 7/12/14, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pminri
I was just looking at "design intent" if they don't put the Boss exhaust on, I got to believe the lopey idle part of the tune is not "exactly" as the Boss one is just to keep the cats intact just long enough to be out of warranty. ( I'm laughing a bit when I wrote that.
I understand your thought process and it is valid.
However keep in mind the TracKey / Track Cal tune is different than the Boss TracKey tune as well as the intake ends differ.
Old 7/12/14, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BBM3

I understand your thought process and it is valid.
However keep in mind the TracKey / Track Cal tune is different than the Boss TracKey tune as well as the intake ends differ.
I agree. Just wondering how many other recommendations are not being followed. Also wondering if the people making the tune really are doing it for pure stock applications or are they assuming people will follow the recommendations to get the best trouble free performance. I really don't think this track key was meant to be used for daily driving. I believe that was not the intent for the Boss nor is it for the GT. IMHO! Sorry if I sound like a broken record.
Old 7/12/14, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
To be clear, Tasca has nothing to do with what Ford Racing includes in the sealed package that Tasca resells.
Thought he mentioned that it looked opened and resealed.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013