5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/14, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust
The tune does run richer at idle in lopey idle mode. That is what is being smelled. The codes are from a timed monitor in the PCM not completeing when it should.
is it richer because of the more overlap from the cam timing in that mode? or is it to make it lope harder?
Old 7/9/14, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The A/C problem is going to be tough to nail down, it's very inconsistent. I've been trying to figure out a pattern but I'm not seeing one.

The best I can describe the A/C is performing like a system that has a low charge. It will blow ice cold for a few seconds...then warmer air for a few seconds...then cold again. It does seem to be more prevalent during stop-and-go type driving vs steady cruise.

It is a noticeable change from the OEM tune, which could maintain a consistent temp coming out of the vents for the most part.
Old 7/9/14, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nicul15
is it richer because of the more overlap from the cam timing in that mode? or is it to make it lope harder?

I belive it is the overlap.
Old 7/9/14, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mfc133
The A/C problem is going to be tough to nail down, it's very inconsistent. I've been trying to figure out a pattern but I'm not seeing one.

The best I can describe the A/C is performing like a system that has a low charge. It will blow ice cold for a few seconds...then warmer air for a few seconds...then cold again. It does seem to be more prevalent during stop-and-go type driving vs steady cruise.

It is a noticeable change from the OEM tune, which could maintain a consistent temp coming out of the vents for the most part.
What is the outside temp when you are having issues?
Old 7/9/14, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What is the outside temp when you are having issues?
I would say around 88F and higher.
Old 7/9/14, 09:55 AM

Thanks for answering my question it is great to know about these things, so i know how i use my key. I know when i cammed my LS1 cars, they needed more fuel at idle to achieve the same AFR.

what happens to idle trims when switching from lopey idle to cancelled lopey idle? Are there two different idle trims stored, or will it sway the stored data from what ever was previous?
Old 7/9/14, 10:13 AM

Its two different tunes for each key.
Old 7/9/14, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Its two different tunes for each key.
Can you clarify?

I.e., the two tunes for the TracKey would presumably be lopey and non lopey idles. The stock key should then only use one of its two tunes because it only does non lopey idle?
Old 7/9/14, 02:14 PM

I meant two tunes total. One for Trackey and one for the stock key.
Old 7/9/14, 02:25 PM

There will be an updated calibration that will take care of the false codes for cats. The cats are not being damaged.

Please send me an email with full name, VIN and shipping address, when the new cal is released I wil make sure everyone receives it. Not everyone will see these codes but we want everyone to get the new cal to make sure you dont ever have these codes.

These engines are known for oil pullover through the passenger PCV and when that happens the octane is reduced. This is where the PING comes from. An oil seperator on the passenger side will get rid of the oil in the intake manifold.

My direct email is rherron9@ford.com

Thanks, Ray
Thanks for the info Ray. ~Brandon here from GG, Frank Stella's friend. I will email you my info. Let me know if I can do anything now or in the future in terms of R&D, answer questions, etc. Always willing to help.
Old 7/9/14, 03:18 PM

Quick question for Ray...

Is it OK to leave the CEL on/uncleared until the update is installed? I don't notice a huge difference if any in terms of performance, whether I clear the code or not.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7/9/14, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Ray totally awesome that you've jumped on here to help us mortals. thanks for that

will the update be for all track key/cal users or just those w/ the CEL? i wouldn't want to email you and flood your inbox needlessly

thanks again!
Old 7/9/14, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by solscooter
Ray totally awesome that you've jumped on here to help us mortals. thanks for that will the update be for all track key/cal users or just those w/ the CEL? i wouldn't want to email you and flood your inbox needlessly thanks again!
He did say that he wanted everyone to get the update, cel or not. I'm more wondering how the key will get the new cal. For those with the procal, they only need a new memory card. But do the key folks have to go back to the dealer?
Old 7/9/14, 05:19 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by solscooter
Ray totally awesome that you've jumped on here to help us mortals. thanks for that

will the update be for all track key/cal users or just those w/ the CEL? i wouldn't want to email you and flood your inbox needlessly

thanks again!
Hi solscooter.
I am not answering for Ray however Ray did say this earlier:

"Please send me an email with full name, VIN and shipping address, when the new cal is released I wil make sure everyone receives it. Not everyone will see these codes but we want everyone to get the new cal to make sure you dont ever have these codes."

With that said; I wonder if we will have to pay our dealer another hour+ shop time to install the upgrade?

Old 7/9/14, 07:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
Hi solscooter.

With that said; I wonder if we will have to pay our dealer another hour+ shop time to install the upgrade?

that is a good question, I'm sure we will have answers shortly
Old 7/10/14, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by BBM3
I am not suggesting your X-pipe is causing any problems however I believe the only exhaust mods Ford Racing recommends is GT500 mufflers and/or Boss302 side exit exhaust.

All exhaust mods are post-cat and post cat monitor/sensor. Should be fine.
Old 7/10/14, 04:59 AM

There will be an updated calibration that will take care of the false codes for cats. The cats are not being damaged.

Please send me an email with full name, VIN and shipping address, when the new cal is released I wil make sure everyone receives it. Not everyone will see these codes but we want everyone to get the new cal to make sure you dont ever have these codes.

These engines are known for oil pullover through the passenger PCV and when that happens the octane is reduced. This is where the PING comes from. An oil seperator on the passenger side will get rid of the oil in the intake manifold.

My direct email is rherron9@ford.com

Thanks, Ray

Ray, would it be OK if I cut and paste this to a few of the other forums? I don't want to flood your email with BS by any means. Let me know. I can go about it however you want, maybe just a link to this thread or just summarize the fact that FRPP is working on a fix? Lots of discussion about this going on elsewhere at the moment.
Old 7/10/14, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by bwkelley76
Ray, would it be OK if I cut and paste this to a few of the other forums? I don't want to flood your email with BS by any means. Let me know. I can go about it however you want, maybe just a link to this thread or just summarize the fact that FRPP is working on a fix? Lots of discussion about this going on elsewhere at the moment.

Sure that would be no problem.

Nobody will have to go back to the Ford Dealer to update this.
Old 7/10/14, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bwkelley76
Quick question for Ray...

Is it OK to leave the CEL on/uncleared until the update is installed? I don't notice a huge difference if any in terms of performance, whether I clear the code or not.

Thanks in advance.
Not Ray, but this is not an issue leaving the light on for the cat codes until you receive the update.

-Mike
Old 7/10/14, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Thanks both. More confident now to drive full time with the track key.

Email sent to ray as requested

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013