5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/14, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Let's face it, everyone following this thread is hoping that it's a simple erroneous CEL and the vehicle damage to be unrelated but I think you are right to retain some healthy skepticism. I can't be the only one who still wants this thing but needs more comfort that it won't hose my brand new machine. Probably gonna need at least a year with no reported problems for some of the more risk averse among us.
No doubt. I hope it's not causing issues too. I was torn between the to cals they offer. I wanted "newer" even though I didn't really want/need lopey or launch mode. But this whole cel thing, even if/when resolved, has made up my mind. I'll be ordering the original performance cal in a few weeks.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/13/14 at 11:10 AM.
Old 7/13/14, 11:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Fortunately the performance and drivability on the track cal is the same as the original performance cal...
Ray, is this correct? I guess I can live without launch control and pit lane speed control...

From the Track Cal instructions: "Track Cal changes many engine control characteristics to be more suitable for the track, including: • Ignition timing • Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT) • Wide-open throttle fueling • Engine braking • Accelerator pedal map • Idle speed • Throttle response • Cooling fan activation temps"

Are all of the above changes identical to the original Performance Cal or have there been improvements?
Old 7/13/14, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JJZ109
Ray, is this correct? I guess I can live without launch control and pit lane speed control... From the Track Cal instructions: "Track Cal changes many engine control characteristics to be more suitable for the track, including: • Ignition timing • Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT) • Wide-open throttle fueling • Engine braking • Accelerator pedal map • Idle speed • Throttle response • Cooling fan activation temps" Are all of the above changes identical to the original Performance Cal or have there been improvements? __________________
All of the above are also in the description of the performance cal.

I asked Mike about this on the phone (same Mike in this thread) and he said the track cal is built from scratch however designed to be identical other than lopey, launch, and pit speed.
Old 7/13/14, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JJZ109
Ray, is this correct? I guess I can live without launch control and pit lane speed control...

From the Track Cal instructions: "Track Cal changes many engine control characteristics to be more suitable for the track, including: • Ignition timing • Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT) • Wide-open throttle fueling • Engine braking • Accelerator pedal map • Idle speed • Throttle response • Cooling fan activation temps"

Are all of the above changes identical to the original Performance Cal or have there been improvements?

Yes it has the same performance gains as the power upgrade, then includes the extra features.
Old 7/13/14, 07:28 PM
GT Member

All of the above are also in the description of the performance cal.

I asked Mike about this on the phone (same Mike in this thread) and he said the track cal is built from scratch however designed to be identical other than lopey, launch, and pit speed.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 7/13/14, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by raysmust
Yes it has the same performance gains as the power upgrade, then includes the extra features.
OK, decision made. Ray, I want to thank you (and Mike) for posting!

Last edited by JJZ109; 7/13/14 at 09:35 PM.
Old 7/14/14, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nicul15
it would be nice for the update to allow for a default lopey idle off. it seems like it uses a little more gas and dont want to manually turn it off every morning when i use the car for commuting.

for us trackcal guys, an option on the tool to select which way we would like the idle to default would be great, because we cant switch between tunes as easy as the key people.
just wanted to follow up.
After many more miles, the computer must have learned more and i no longer notice a big difference in gas mileage or smell with the lopey idle on.
Old 7/14/14, 02:28 PM

Are the members of FRPP here going to let us know when the revised track cal is available? I called FRPP today and the tech told me to watch the forums to see when the revision to the cal will be out. I was told not to buy the unit until the change has been made to them. So I am patiently waiting and I hope this will be one of the places that the info is posted.

Also for the people that already running the track cal unit how are they going to ge the updated info into their vehicle?
Old 7/14/14, 02:38 PM

The people with Trackal now will recieve a new SD card for the Procal tool.

I am hoping that the new calibration will be ready late Wednesday.
Old 7/14/14, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

What a waste of a day man. Well, I called them today, spoke to Steve and he contacted Ford Racing and emailed me the voucher code.

It's amazing to see how many people at Ford dealerships and even at Tasca didn't know what a track key was.

Originally Posted by solscooter
This happened to me as well. It is something ford racing is aware of. You need to talk with tasca or ford racing (tasca will have to call ford racing) and they will give you a voucher number over the phone. Either way ford racing is closed during the weekend.

I went through this too
Old 7/14/14, 04:10 PM
V6 Member

I think you got the wrong guy lol. My cats aren't messed up and I don't have the track cal. I have the track key. But yeah they said that Ford racing was aware that many of their track key packages did not include the vouchers in error. And they are simply giving customers vouchers as they call in.

Will try to get this done on Saturday once again.

You are honestly better off going home and returning it. The track cal isn't consumer ready and probably won't be until FRPP admits that the lopey idle doesn't/won't work.

I would thank Tasca for messing up your order, your cats do.
Old 7/14/14, 04:21 PM
V6 Member

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 7/14/14 at 04:24 PM.
Old 7/14/14, 04:23 PM
V6 Member

Hi Ray, I was very glad to see that you had responded to my No Voucher situation. I called Tasca and the contacted you guys and was able to get me a code via email so I will be going to the dealer again on Saturday.

Question, I read earlier in this thread about a software update etc because of the errors or something along those lines. I have the track key not the cal for my 2014 Gt. How will we get the update? Also, I have to call you guys to register my track key, is this for the warranty? Just asking because this was not explained to me when I purchased this.

What tool were you going to have to me by Tuesday? or is this a misunderstanding?

Thank you in advance Ray.
Old 7/14/14, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
I think you got the wrong guy lol. My cats aren't messed up and I don't have the track cal. I have the track key. But yeah they said that Ford racing was aware that many of their track key packages did not include the vouchers in error. And they are simply giving customers vouchers as they call in. Will try to get this done on Saturday once again.
Nope. Right guy. I was stating that the current flash for the key isn't good anyway and your cats will thank you for not installing it. When I said track cal (even though you got the key), I meant calibration as in the tune that's loaded onto either the key or straight from the procal tool. Not to be confused with track cal which commonly refers to the procal version as opposed to the key version.

Lol. Terminology got crazy when the track cal came out. People used to call the FRPP tune simply the procal saying, hey I just got the procal, implying that they got the performance tune. In actuality the procal is the little blue device that loads the tune. Saying that now would lead to, ok, which one? Performance or track?
Old 7/14/14, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Will try to get this done on Saturday once again.
Ray/Mike, I assume if all goes well and the revision is done late Wednesday, when badgt goes on Saturday, the dealer will automatically download the new version?

Just trying to help circumvent further frustration for him.
Old 7/14/14, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

Hi Ray, I was very glad to see that you had responded to my No Voucher situation. I called Tasca and the contacted you guys and was able to get me a code via email so I will be going to the dealer again on Saturday. Question, I read earlier in this thread about a software update etc because of the errors or something along those lines. I have the track key not the cal for my 2014 Gt. How will we get the update? Also, I have to call you guys to register my track key, is this for the warranty? Just asking because this was not explained to me when I purchased this. What tool were you going to have to me by Tuesday? or is this a misunderstanding? Thank you in advance Ray.
I think the tool was referring to people with the procal tool and the tune already installed. I'm not sure how those with the key already installed will get the revision but Ray said they won't have to back to the dealer. In your case you don't have the tune installed on the key yet. So I asked above if the system will get the new revision so that on Saturday when you go, you'll have the new tune the first time.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/14/14 at 04:44 PM.
Old 7/14/14, 05:40 PM

Hi Ray, I was very glad to see that you had responded to my No Voucher situation. I called Tasca and the contacted you guys and was able to get me a code via email so I will be going to the dealer again on Saturday.

Question, I read earlier in this thread about a software update etc because of the errors or something along those lines. I have the track key not the cal for my 2014 Gt. How will we get the update? Also, I have to call you guys to register my track key, is this for the warranty? Just asking because this was not explained to me when I purchased this.

What tool were you going to have to me by Tuesday? or is this a misunderstanding?

Thank you in advance Ray.
If you get it installed next Saturday you will probably have the updated calibration.

Contact me on Friday and I will know for sure.

Ray
Old 7/14/14, 06:49 PM
GT Member

What a waste of a day man. Well, I called them today, spoke to Steve and he contacted Ford Racing and emailed me the voucher code.

It's amazing to see how many people at Ford dealerships and even at Tasca didn't know what a track key was.
ran into the same myself, was two days wasted. 3rd time was the charm....

its all done and I'm enjoying it
Old 7/14/14, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Do you actually feel a performance gain? I know it doesn't do much for HP from what I hear but acceleration, engine braking etc. The sound alone from what I have seen on youtube are worth it lol.

Wish you didn't have to wait 2 minutes for it to activate though.

Originally Posted by solscooter
ran into the same myself, was two days wasted. 3rd time was the charm....

its all done and I'm enjoying it
Old 7/14/14, 09:13 PM

Year: 2014
Trackey or Track Cal: Trackey
Mileage Since Install: 300
Trackey Usage %: 100
Lopey Idle Active %: 100
Fuel Octane: 91
Octane Adjust: No
Using Included K&N Filter: Yes
Air Conditioner Issues: No
Engine Pinging: No
CEL?: No
CEL Code(s): N/A
Mileage Between Install and First CEL: N/A
Catch Can Installed: Yes
Catch Can Right / Left / Both: Both
Catch Can Brand: JLT
City / Highway Percentage: 15% City, 85% HWY
Other Mods: MGTLA axle backs, Sound tube delete.
Additional Comments: Nice engine braking, Lopey idle works good.
Car is fast and really sticks to the road. Use to driving pick ups.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013