5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/14, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray, did the gang at FRPP get the new track cal info uploaded into the system last week?

I want to place my order for the track cal but want to make sure that I am getting the up to date software with no issues.
Old 7/21/14, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Ray said the updated software should be ready by the time I head to the dealer this Saturday which will be my 3rd and final visit. Because I'm about done with the track key. 1st time no voucher, 2nd time was scheduled and the tech was not there. So let's see if the 3rd time is the charm this Saturday. If not I will have no choice but to return it and just do my suspension which is what I should have done first. That damm Lopey idle hooked me lol but at this point its not worth it.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 7/21/14 at 08:59 AM.
Old 7/21/14, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Ray said the updated software should be ready by the time I head to the dealer this Saturday which will be my 3rd and final visit. Because I'm about done with the track key. 1st time no voucher, 2nd time was scheduled and the tech was not there. So let's see if the 3rd time is the charm this Saturday. If not I will have no choice but to return it and just do my suspension which is what I should have done first. That damm Lopey idle hooked me lol but at this point its not worth it.
The trackey is definitely worth it... It's much more than a lopey idle, but if you've got a nice sounding exhaust you'll have people complimenting you on it all the time. lol
Old 7/21/14, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WNRacing
The trackey is definitely worth it... It's much more than a lopey idle, but if you've got a nice sounding exhaust you'll have people complimenting you on it all the time. lol
Yeah I have the Roush axle back exhaust so is should sound killer. I heard one on YouTube with the same setup.
Either way if it doesn't get done this Saturday I'm done with it.
Old 7/21/14, 11:10 AM

Well I sent off the emails so hopefully we'll get it resolved within the next couple of days.
Old 7/21/14, 02:45 PM

I have a question about this as well. I received my voucher but I have not registered it yet to receive the track cal. If I wait until the fix is out to register the voucher, will that give me the latest version of the software with the cel fix included?
Old 7/21/14, 04:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust
The cats should not be damaged, it is a false code from a monitor not finishing in time.
Ray,

If that is the case then how is the case for my car explained. I lost all power and acceleration until he dealer changed BOTH cats on mine.

I used he Trackey for a few miles while cruising around myrtle Beach during Mustang Week and got the CEL again. Switched immediately back to stock key. my car is at the dealer now. They have all the documentation for my Trackey install. is the updated tune ready?
Old 7/21/14, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Ray,

If that is the case then how is the case for my car explained. I lost all power and acceleration until he dealer changed BOTH cats on mine.

I used he Trackey for a few miles while cruising around myrtle Beach during Mustang Week and got the CEL again. Switched immediately back to stock key. my car is at the dealer now. They have all the documentation for my Trackey install. is the updated tune ready?
They were already damaged before you installed the trackey.
Old 7/21/14, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastford
I have a question about this as well. I received my voucher but I have not registered it yet to receive the track cal. If I wait until the fix is out to register the voucher, will that give me the latest version of the software with the cel fix included?
If you wait to register it you will get the new calibration.
Old 7/21/14, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fastford
They send it out once you register. So of course if you wait, you will get whatever version is current at the time of registration.

Ray, If that is the case then how is the case for my car explained. I lost all power and acceleration until he dealer changed BOTH cats on mine. I used he Trackey for a few miles while cruising around myrtle Beach during Mustang Week and got the CEL again. Switched immediately back to stock key. my car is at the dealer now. They have all the documentation for my Trackey install. is the updated tune ready?
According to Ray, your cats were always bad and it was a coincidence that they went bad after the key was used. The cel within itself is not damaging, it is false. But some have bad cats from the factory that go out on their own. It would have happened anyway even without the key....

When I questioned the unlikelihood of this "coincidence" and was implying BS, Ray said "I'm not sure what you're getting at but yes". Saying that it is just coincidence.

My thoughts are that yes, lots of users have the cel. Not all of them experience real cat failure which would be the loss of power etc. So Ray/FRPP's theory is plausible. But I think the tune still pushed those "factory faulty" cats over the edge where they may have never for the life of the car had issues.
Old 7/21/14, 09:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

They were already damaged before you installed the trackey.
And what about the codes for the cats that were just replaced a little more than a week ago? CEL came on within miles of using the Trackey.

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 7/21/14 at 09:34 PM.
Old 7/21/14, 10:21 PM

And what about the codes for the cats that were just replaced a little more than a week ago? CEL came on within miles of using the Trackey.
Seems to me that it would be traced back to the problem in the calibration with the trackey tune and should be fixed with the update from what I gather.. I sincerely hope so anyway.
Old 7/22/14, 07:08 AM

If you wait to register it you will get the new calibration.
Ok great. That's what I figured. Please let me know when I should register it then. Thank you
Old 7/22/14, 10:57 AM

Ray, whats the word with the update? I for one am not pulling the trigger till I hear from you or other employee's of FRPP that the update is in. That ANY newly purchased Track cal has the updated software in it.

I want to get this but will not spend my money until I am sure that FRPP has made the fix that they stated they would.
Old 7/22/14, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by bullet3z
Ray, whats the word with the update? I for one am not pulling the trigger till I hear from you or other employee's of FRPP that the update is in. That ANY newly purchased Track cal has the updated software in it. I want to get this but will not spend my money until I am sure that FRPP has made the fix that they stated they would.
Agreed. I want that lopey idle with stock cats!
Old 7/22/14, 01:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So the Ford dealer called me and says my car can't be reprogrammed because it has an after market tune on it. I told them I bought his car brand new and the only additions were the Boss302 exhaust and Trackey which they installed. I even had the voucher on the dash when I brought it in yesterday.
Old 7/22/14, 02:08 PM

So the Ford dealer called me and says my car can't be reprogrammed because it has an after market tune on it. I told them I bought his car brand new and the only additions were the Boss302 exhaust and Trackey which they installed. I even had the voucher on the dash when I brought it in yesterday.
Why are you trying to get it reprogrammed?
Old 7/22/14, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Jesus H. Christ.
Old 7/22/14, 02:12 PM

Don't let them do any reprogramming after changing the cats. The new program you get from us will take care of that.
Old 7/22/14, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't let them do any reprogramming after changing the cats. The new program you get from us will take care of that.
Ray can I get your contact info to have them call you. I am at the dealer now

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013