Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/15, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished suspensions, and finally got some new shoes for the 5.0
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-img_1897.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-img_1898.jpg  
Old 5/5/15, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clean the 5.0 up this evening and took it for some last runs down the autobahn. Heading out in the morning to drop it off for shipping to Texas
Old 5/5/15, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I cannot wait to see these on your car Darren.
That is going to look AMAZING!
Old 5/5/15, 03:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GBStang13
Really nice!
Old 5/5/15, 03:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GBStang13
That looks hot!
Old 5/5/15, 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

^ thanks guys! Its finally getting there. Other than the Roush front splitter, and side ones my looks are complete. Now brakes and a power adder! I so want a KB or Whipple but might settle for a Paxton this next tax break
Old 5/6/15, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I ordered new tires for my car today. Nitto NT555's 265/30/20 fronts and Nitto NT05 305/30/20's rear. as long as they can source them within a week or 2. find out monday.

what y'all think? Good setup? I wanted to go Mich. SS's but 3 month nationwide backorder on my sizes killed that idea.

they are going on these...

Love the rims
Old 5/6/15, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Took the boys to their baseball game. They were yelling the whole time in the backseat.

More pics in the "Latest Pics" thread, but here's one shot I took while there:

I love those wheels. Beautiful car and those rims really get them off.
Old 5/6/15, 11:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Ordered stop-tech rotors and new pads.
Old 5/6/15, 11:23 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by greyghost14
I love those wheels. Beautiful car and those rims really get them off.
Thanks a ton Andre'... That shot/pic is actually one of my faves. It was a sudden unplanned shot too. What you don't see is my son next to me crying and asking for mommy. LOL. Obviously, I had to finish the photo first

Btw, I left a message on your public profile/garage page. One of your photos is that a Blackhawk? UH-70? in the background? I am in the Defense industry, so it looked familiar. Very cool nonetheless.
Old 5/6/15, 06:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I finally got around to doing the sound tube delete.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-engine-bay.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-plugged-hole.jpg  

Last edited by SpectreH; 5/7/15 at 05:37 AM.
Old 5/6/15, 06:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
put some elbow grease into my car today...clay bar, polish, finishing polish, super sealant and brilliant glaze

I deserve a big steak dinner for that!
Old 5/6/15, 11:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Barton,

Thanks for the useful information on the clay brick. I will have to try that. What do you do to clean the contaminants off of it once you have used it? What replaces the kneading with the traditional bar?

Once I get the new car I'm sure I will spend some time doing a full correction with sealant, glaze, wax. I'm going to explore some new product lines to see what I like of the new stuff that's come out in the last year or so.
Old 5/7/15, 12:34 AM

Got myself some 275/40/19 PSS for the rear. Awesome tire.
Old 5/7/15, 04:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmy k
Got myself some 275/40/19 PSS for the rear. Awesome tire.
For sure. I'm a believer after riding around the ring in a friend's M3 and thinking to myself that there has to be some reason that we aren't flying off the track into the trees every few seconds. Tires make a huge difference.
Old 5/7/15, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks a ton Andre'... That shot/pic is actually one of my faves. It was a sudden unplanned shot too. What you don't see is my son next to me crying and asking for mommy. LOL. Obviously, I had to finish the photo first

Btw, I left a message on your public profile/garage page. One of your photos is that a Blackhawk? UH-70? in the background? I am in the Defense industry, so it looked familiar. Very cool nonetheless.
Its A Apache. The meanest thing in the sky, fitting being i drive the meanest V8 on the street. lol
Old 5/7/15, 07:22 AM

Bolted up GT500 axle back exhaust on my GT/CS convertible. Got them as a take-off on Ebay for $200 shipped. Gave up trying to wiggle the stock out of the hangers/isolators and just dropped them brackets and all, not too bad but took a solid 2 hours. Sounds great, reasonable upgrade to tone and volume with no drone, key in an open top vehicle.
Old 5/7/15, 07:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Barton,

Thanks for the useful information on the clay brick. I will have to try that. What do you do to clean the contaminants off of it once you have used it? What replaces the kneading with the traditional bar?

Once I get the new car I'm sure I will spend some time doing a full correction with sealant, glaze, wax. I'm going to explore some new product lines to see what I like of the new stuff that's come out in the last year or so.
Steve, the beauty of the brick is that if you drop it or rub it in dirt? You just wash it off. Clay bar, aside from having to re knead, you throw it away once you drop it.

The brick itself is a gray sponge with this tacky rubber material on one side. That's the side you use to "clay".

Originally Posted by greyghost14
Its A Apache. The meanest thing in the sky, fitting being i drive the meanest V8 on the street. lol
Mean indeed. We need a "devil in the sky" thread. All about our attach aircrafts
Old 5/7/15, 10:19 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
My plan was to post my car with the rocker moldings painted black but I have this instead...

I have a long list of horror stories about my cars at body shops. Today I have a new one.

I brought my sub 1500 mile 2014 Mustang GT convertible to my local dealer body shop to have my lower rocker moldings painted satin black. It’s something I wanted to do myself or at least take them off and delivering them to the shop but I couldn’t find the time. I also thought taking them of without a lift would be tough. Anyway I drop off my car to the shop on Monday. Today I finally get the call that it’s ready. Now my car is my weekend fun car that sits in my driveway covered when not in use and I know every single inch of the car and the finish which is basically flawless. The minute I look over the car on the lower front fender near the rocker molding is a deep through the clear scratch. FUMING! Of course I get the "it was there” standard comment but my general demeanor and use of colorful language convinced them otherwise. Actually one of the body shop guys came out and was honest and said he knew it wasn’t there when I brought it in. He made comment that it’s the cleanest car he’s ever worked on. That told him right there I’m somewhat of a fanatic about keeping this car in as perfect condition as possible. So the car stays another day to have the fender painted. New car with hood blisters fixed and now fender paint.

My friend always warns me of having extra work done because of stuff like this and I should have listened.
Old 5/7/15, 01:15 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by VidPro
My plan was to post my car with the rocker moldings painted black but I have this instead...

I have a long list of horror stories about my cars at body shops. Today I have a new one.

I brought my sub 1500 mile 2014 Mustang GT convertible to my local dealer body shop to have my lower rocker moldings painted satin black. It’s something I wanted to do myself or at least take them off and delivering them to the shop but I couldn’t find the time. I also thought taking them of without a lift would be tough. Anyway I drop off my car to the shop on Monday. Today I finally get the call that it’s ready. Now my car is my weekend fun car that sits in my driveway covered when not in use and I know every single inch of the car and the finish which is basically flawless. The minute I look over the car on the lower front fender near the rocker molding is a deep through the clear scratch. FUMING! Of course I get the "it was there” standard comment but my general demeanor and use of colorful language convinced them otherwise. Actually one of the body shop guys came out and was honest and said he knew it wasn’t there when I brought it in. He made comment that it’s the cleanest car he’s ever worked on. That told him right there I’m somewhat of a fanatic about keeping this car in as perfect condition as possible. So the car stays another day to have the fender painted. New car with hood blisters fixed and now fender paint.

My friend always warns me of having extra work done because of stuff like this and I should have listened.
So sorry to hear of your latest events. If it's any consolation, you are not alone when being absolutely **** about your car. I am the same way, if not worse. Others on here won't admit it, but they are too. LOL. We know our cars inside and out, every square MILLIMETER of my car, I know. Trust me.

I only drop my car off to specific shops, those who I trust 100%. On top of that, they KNOW how **** I am, so for example, they will only let a specific person or individual to work on my car/s. They also go over the car with me before any work is done, to make sure it enters and leaves in the same condition.

Hopefully they don't have to repaint the whole fender for you, and they can just paint, blend, clear, blend.

Keep us posted.

p.s. good call on painting your lower rockers satin black, like the 11-12's. That's another reason why I got my 12 and not a 13. I prefer the black rockers.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?