Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Spoiled calufornians. Just go blow some sh*t up with Arnie and feel better lol
wow, he's NOT the governor anymore. ppfff...some people

Old 5/14/15, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
don't worry folks, Patrick isn't selling anything. if anything, he will just continue to acquire new vehicles and add them to his list of cars you'll see, give him 2 minutes from actually starting his GT and 30 seconds of driving it and he'll realize that there's no focus out that that will ultimately replace the GT
Old 5/14/15, 02:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
don't worry folks, Patrick isn't selling anything. if anything, he will just continue to acquire new vehicles and add them to his list of cars you'll see, give him 2 minutes from actually starting his GT and 30 seconds of driving it and he'll realize that there's no focus out that that will ultimately replace the GT
yeah... I can't believe he even mentioned Subaru BRZ in comparison to a 5.0.

lol....

just giving you grief Patrick. You'll be fine buddy. Enjoy your fender badge free 5.0
Old 5/14/15, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Old 5/14/15, 03:02 PM
I Have No Life

^ lol Patrick... what does that mean???? All that I typed, and I only get an icon/emoticon out of you
Old 5/14/15, 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38

lets pretend that the first animation is your replacement car and the second animation is your GT hehehehehehehe
Old 5/14/15, 05:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I'm thinking about trading it in. I'm sure those of you with instagram have seen the guy in SoCal with his "P51 Tribute Stang" which is nothing more than a matte gray wrap and star logo on the door. Unfortunately, his "insta-fame" has completely tainted my plans for the car. I've also mentioned on here that it's just not fun owning a fast car in my area. There's no point.
On a positive note, my hood arrived to the body shop today. I'll wait until I get it back to make a decision. See how it feels. Two months of not driving it or seeing it is killing me. I'm considering a supercharged BRZ, STI, Focus RS, Charger R/T Scat Pack...again, we'll see. I loved the FR-S that I rented for 3 days, and I honestly enjoy driving Janny's new 2015 Focus SE around town because you can wring it out and it's not breaking the speed limit. It's JUST quick enough to feel quick, but not fast.
Maybe a Fiesta ST and a pickup? We'll see...
Patrick,.......I feel for you bro.
Do what makes you happy in the long run. A bigger turbo in a STi sounds killer too. Plus,...AWD. You'll be pulling on stock Mustangs with a 4 banger. lol
Either way bro,...good luck!!

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Some folks think that not daily driving or driving my Mustang/toy car much means I don't get to enjoy her.
I enjoy her FAR MORE now that I get to drive her after work, when I want to, no rush, no traffic, etc... when I want to relieve stress I just get in and drive around town or outside of it, etc.
BINGO Burton.
Exactly why I don't have many miles on my Roush. My FAVORITE time to take her out is early Saturday/Sunday mornings. Love the solitude and the power/torque at the fingertips. So peaceful and very enjoying to just chill and cruise. Windows down and taking it all in.
Old 5/14/15, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got some Eibach lowering springs, Panhard bar. Ordered my MBRP catback,can't wait to get it all on.
Old 5/15/15, 06:59 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ lol Patrick... what does that mean???? All that I typed, and I only get an icon/emoticon out of you
Still silence... let's see if he chimes in today.
Old 5/15/15, 10:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Most of what you wrote out, I already responded to or provided input to. We got Janny a 2015 Focus SE a few weeks ago, so I'll be driving my Escape again, more often than not. The Mustang will only be driven a couple days a week now, so I'm going to see how it goes when I get it back (now that the hood has arrived, early next week some time).

If I did anything, it would have to lower my payment, my insurance, my fuel costs, or all of the above. Most likely, I'll keep it, but I'm going to test drive some cars tomorrow just for fun. I've never really had the actual car shopping experience. I ordered my Mustang brand new. My last one, the 03, I bought from a buddy and really wasn't in the market at all. The Focus, we went in specifically for, so again never really shopped around for myself, only with friends. I want to play the field a little and see what's out there.

If I did a BRZ, it would be supercharged immediately. Also considering getting a used small pickup like a Ranger or Sport Trac AND a Fiesta ST or maybe even a 3-cylinder EcoBoost Fiesta and going crazy with suspension and brakes, but just doing a tune/intake/exhaust on it. Could be a fun little runabout.

Also considering a 2-seater, now that we have two family cars again. Don't really care for anything on the market though. Not a corvette guy. Not a 370Z guy. And can't afford anything German, unless it's a used Cayman, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe a Miata? I've had 3 Mustangs already, each faster than the one before. I love Mustangs and will always have one in the stable, but I also love cars and IN MY AREA, it's not fun to chain this beast to the wall. I always feel like I'm driving a lion trapped in a cage at the circus. Finally, that lion got tired of being chained up and it bit me, then got trampled by an elephant.

So really, I'm all over the place. Still buying mods for this car too lol. For car enthusiasts, this hobby is all about emotion, like I've said before. The financials really don't even come into play for me, as log as it's not costing me more than I'm paying now, I have a lot of options.
Old 5/15/15, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The reality is, there are no good choices in that range unless its mustang, camaro, or challenger. Thats why we buy these cars, most performance for the money. BRZ is just garbage, whenever i see one on the road i just laugh, pull up next to them, and hit a downshift so they are reminded of a v8. Call me childish, but its the simple thing in life like that which make me happy... toying with ricers.
Old 5/15/15, 11:20 AM
GT Member

Haven't posted in a while since I haven't done a thing to the Mustang since last summer (keep making excuses to buy a new mod to spark that kid-on-Christmas-morning feel again ), but I have to agree with making the best choice that balances logic and emotion.

I'm brand agnostic and have owned everything from two-seaters to pickups to a minivan. If you go the Miata route, I think you'd enjoy it based on your reasons for dumping the Mustang. Fun as hell to drive 9/10ths (and still stay legal), and parts are common and cheap. If you get a well-maintained NA or NB, you'll love the undiluted driving experience.

Plus, you're in SF, so no one will bat an eye at a dude driving one . Just playin', I'm from the Bay area originally, so I can joke.

Last edited by K.A.I.N; 5/15/15 at 11:21 AM.
Old 5/15/15, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

Miata's are nothing to sneeze at! a friend of a friend has one purely for tracking. he dumped a bunch of money into brembo brakes and suspension. I'm hoping to go tracking with them this summer. I hear the thing may not be the fastest, but it can buck a corner like its nobodies business.
Old 5/15/15, 11:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Miata's are nothing to sneeze at! a friend of a friend has one purely for tracking. he dumped a bunch of money into brembo brakes and suspension. I'm hoping to go tracking with them this summer. I hear the thing may not be the fastest, but it can buck a corner like its nobodies business.
Miatas are no joke when it comes to the track, that's why Spec Miatas are a popular class. At VIR, I rode with an instructor in a race-prepped NA (no power adders, but stripped and caged), and we were passing cars that had a 3x or 4x power advantage because they couldn't keep up in the corners.
Old 5/15/15, 12:58 PM
I Have No Life

Most of what you wrote out, I already responded to or provided input to. We got Janny a 2015 Focus SE a few weeks ago, so I'll be driving my Escape again, more often than not. The Mustang will only be driven a couple days a week now, so I'm going to see how it goes when I get it back (now that the hood has arrived, early next week some time).

If I did anything, it would have to lower my payment, my insurance, my fuel costs, or all of the above. Most likely, I'll keep it, but I'm going to test drive some cars tomorrow just for fun. I've never really had the actual car shopping experience. I ordered my Mustang brand new. My last one, the 03, I bought from a buddy and really wasn't in the market at all. The Focus, we went in specifically for, so again never really shopped around for myself, only with friends. I want to play the field a little and see what's out there.

If I did a BRZ, it would be supercharged immediately. Also considering getting a used small pickup like a Ranger or Sport Trac AND a Fiesta ST or maybe even a 3-cylinder EcoBoost Fiesta and going crazy with suspension and brakes, but just doing a tune/intake/exhaust on it. Could be a fun little runabout.

Also considering a 2-seater, now that we have two family cars again. Don't really care for anything on the market though. Not a corvette guy. Not a 370Z guy. And can't afford anything German, unless it's a used Cayman, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe a Miata? I've had 3 Mustangs already, each faster than the one before. I love Mustangs and will always have one in the stable, but I also love cars and IN MY AREA, it's not fun to chain this beast to the wall. I always feel like I'm driving a lion trapped in a cage at the circus. Finally, that lion got tired of being chained up and it bit me, then got trampled by an elephant.

So really, I'm all over the place. Still buying mods for this car too lol. For car enthusiasts, this hobby is all about emotion, like I've said before. The financials really don't even come into play for me, as log as it's not costing me more than I'm paying now, I have a lot of options.
Sounds to me like you have no issue whatsoever.

1) You have a beater Escape, while Janny has the new new Focus. So drive that to and from work, and all your complaints about stupid drivers, rock chips, gas prices, traffic, all gets resolved.
2) Your mustang is getting fixed by next week...with a new hood, debadged, etc. Right? Then change your mod/theme approach, then your issue with the P51 theme car is null.
3) The financial issue will be the same no matter which route you go. It sounds like you have payments now, correct? And if you sell/switch cars, you'll still have payments. In fact, you'll probably lose money selling your 2013 so quick.

You see? What issue?

Sounds to me like you are looking for excuses to get rid of her for some reason or another. WHICH, leads me to believe, you have lost the emotional attachment to your car...i.e. you don't love it anymore, and don't enjoy it as much. You know what that means? Sell it and get rid of it.... imo. I on the other hand would have bought your car from you if I could. I love your car. But hey, what do I know.

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
The reality is, there are no good choices in that range unless its mustang, camaro, or challenger. Thats why we buy these cars, most performance for the money. BRZ is just garbage, whenever i see one on the road i just laugh, pull up next to them, and hit a downshift so they are reminded of a v8. Call me childish, but its the simple thing in life like that which make me happy... toying with ricers.
LOL... I can see you doing that, Alex. I used to be an import guy, so I can't laugh too hard. But like other folks have said, I love all cars. I wouldn't even mind owning a Challenger or a German car, just because I never have.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/15/15 at 12:59 PM.
Old 5/15/15, 01:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

Hang on a year and then join me in the porsche group
911 Carrera 4s ... Muhahahahahaha!
Old 5/15/15, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think, even if I could afford a 911, I'd still buy a Cayman or Boxster. I've worked on and driven 911s, and I just feel more of a connection to the mid engined twins.

For those that don't drive their cars through winter, I don't know how you do this. Two months without my car HAS made my love for it wither. That's why I keep saying I'll see how I feel when I get it back. I might fall in love with it all over again, and enjoy only driving it a couple days a week to make it special. But Burton, like you said, the thought has crossed my mind of uncertainty, to actually considering going to drive other cars to see what else is out there.

Anyone who bashes any other car, without driving it, is flat out ignorant. The Toyobaru twins are not fast by any means (nor are Miatas), but they are decently quick. Being fast isn't what those cars are about, obviously. If you need your d*ck to be extended by high horsepower cars, then it seems like you found your ride. I, for one, wish for a BRZ size car with a small displacement V8, or in all honesty, a car like the original Mustang. Small, lightweight, not huge horsepower, but V8 noise. Someone really needs to make a true spiritual successor to the 1st gen Mustang, with a V8, that's decently quick, sounds amazing, turns head and is affordable. The Mustang today, is no longer that. I can afford a WIDE variety of vehicles, and I love a LOT about my 2014 (styling, power, raw feeling etc) but there's a lot of compromise when it comes to how the car feels. I've modded it a lot too, and I'm still not sure it is truly what I want out of a vehicle at this point.

Like I said though, never know. I may get back in it next week and slap myself in the head. But I still love all the cars I've mentioned. I wish I could have one of each, truly.
Old 5/15/15, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

no worries, you will love your car when you see the finished product as you envisioned it!

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 5/15/15 at 01:40 PM.
Old 5/15/15, 01:43 PM
I Have No Life

I think, even if I could afford a 911, I'd still buy a Cayman or Boxster. I've worked on and driven 911s, and I just feel more of a connection to the mid engined twins.

For those that don't drive their cars through winter, I don't know how you do this. Two months without my car HAS made my love for it wither. That's why I keep saying I'll see how I feel when I get it back. I might fall in love with it all over again, and enjoy only driving it a couple days a week to make it special. But Burton, like you said, the thought has crossed my mind of uncertainty, to actually considering going to drive other cars to see what else is out there.

Anyone who bashes any other car, without driving it, is flat out ignorant. The Toyobaru twins are not fast by any means (nor are Miatas), but they are decently quick. Being fast isn't what those cars are about, obviously. If you need your d*ck to be extended by high horsepower cars, then it seems like you found your ride. I, for one, wish for a BRZ size car with a small displacement V8, or in all honesty, a car like the original Mustang. Small, lightweight, not huge horsepower, but V8 noise. Someone really needs to make a true spiritual successor to the 1st gen Mustang, with a V8, that's decently quick, sounds amazing, turns head and is affordable. The Mustang today, is no longer that. I can afford a WIDE variety of vehicles, and I love a LOT about my 2014 (styling, power, raw feeling etc) but there's a lot of compromise when it comes to how the car feels. I've modded it a lot too, and I'm still not sure it is truly what I want out of a vehicle at this point.

Like I said though, never know. I may get back in it next week and slap myself in the head. But I still love all the cars I've mentioned. I wish I could have one of each, truly.
Ah I see now. Ok, I'm with you, Patrick. Being without your car for 2 months is the catalyst. But you how folks like me do it? LOL, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder? You know I store mine for 5 months every year. And I ONLY drive her on "God's Perfect Days". Clouds? She's stored. LOL. She's over 3 years old today, and only has 11k miles. So I don't drive her much at all. But you see, the passion and the love for her is still there, and will always be there. Maybe it's patience? Maybe it's enjoying detailing her? Photographing her? Of course driving her and making people oogle at her is also so much fun. But it's the wait and the anticipation that makes it worth coming back to. Plus when I do drive her, I make sure I enjoy it that much more.

I really think the fact that you DD'd her, in traffic, then the high miles, then the accident, all that made you lose a little bit of that "flair', that passion for it. It became almost a normal DD car to you. See, mine will never be that. I know in the end it's just a Mustang, and it's a dime a dozen, but she's special to me All that matters.

I hear ya man... I think you'll make the right decision in the end. A car is a car is a car. You'll do what's right for you and your fam. I'll still love ya, no worries
Old 5/15/15, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think I just need to win the lotto. I would have a very obscure collection of cars, and absolutely no shame driving a "hair dresser's car" flat out below the speed limit.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?