Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/15, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Dropped off more parts, replacement hood should be in tomorrow. Won't get it back until next week now though. SHR louvers have arrived, will be installed soon. Roush chin is on though! CS fogs with DD yellow XP80 LEDs dropped off too...loving this shaved look!
Lookin good! Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 4/29/15, 09:40 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Since it was a beautiful day I clay bared and jetsealed my baby.
Nick, you know how much of a CG fan I am. I also use Jetseal (depends on my mood) as a base before my nuba toppers. I have the old packaging though. Yours is newer

Originally Posted by laserred38
Dropped off more parts, replacement hood should be in tomorrow. Won't get it back until next week now though. SHR louvers have arrived, will be installed soon. Roush chin is on though! CS fogs with DD yellow XP80 LEDs dropped off too...loving this shaved look!
Patrick, looking good buddy. Almost like a brand new car. I bet you're stoked.

Originally Posted by 14BlackGT
I had Roush springs installed. They only give a 1/2" drop. The tech says they will settle in. I wanted to keep somewhat of a stock look and improve the nose dive, squatting, and ride quality. The waterbed feel is gone. The ride is still soft but much better. Handling is better but not dramatic.

Any future aftermarket wheels will look better.

Keeping stock shocks and struts. Front and rear roll bars are next. What do you think? Suggestions?

Before:

Attachment 170821

After:

Attachment 170822

Because the car is black, it is hard to tell by the pics but there is a difference and its subtle.
It's very noticeable... much nicer stance now. Are you asking for suggestions of wheels? or of shocks/struts? Wheels there are too many. Go with what fits your likes/taste and your budget. As for shocks/struts, no question, Koni's. I have the adjustable yellows, and they are a dream.
Old 4/29/15, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nick, you know how much of a CG fan I am. I also use Jetseal (depends on my mood) as a base before my nuba toppers. I have the old packaging though. Yours is newer
Its the first time Ive used jetseal. I figured that since I was clay baring the car I should give it a better protection than just paste wax.
Old 4/29/15, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Looks to me like you got more than .5", but regardless, I can see a difference. Maybe because mine, also lowered, is black too and I'm more aware of a dropped black Mustang. Good job.
I thought it looked more than 1/2 inch too. In many cases, I've seen more than a person has bargained for. I think I remember someone saying he bought springs for a 1 inch drop and wound up with 1 1/2. I forgot, but did you lower yours?
Old 4/29/15, 01:20 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I thought it looked more than 1/2 inch too. In many cases, I've seen more than a person has bargained for. I think I remember someone saying he bought springs for a 1 inch drop and wound up with 1 1/2. I forgot, but did you lower yours?
I have the Eibach Pro springs. They advertise a 1.5" drop, but I have a convertible which is heavier so I got about 1.0". I'm happy.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-must-driveway-003.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-002-copy.jpg  
Old 4/29/15, 01:32 PM
FR500 Member

Cruise nite this evening, so I did a bit of freshening up.

My new faux-leather boot arrived today too. I know a lot of you with convertibles don't use your boot, but I prefer it. The factory nylon boot always seemed a little cheesey looking, so I ordered a vinyl boot with white stiching that looks amazingly like leather. It's textured and perfectly matches the interior. I treated it with a bit of conditioner to give it a slight sheen. I like the look of this boot much, much more than the original.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-csam_1034.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-csam_1037.jpg  
Old 4/29/15, 01:40 PM
GT Member

I have the Eibach Pro springs. They advertise a 1.5" drop, but I have a convertible which is heavier so I got about 1.0". I'm happy.
Thanks for the pics. Looks good.
Old 4/29/15, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

My new faux-leather boot arrived today too. I know a lot of you with convertibles don't use your boot, but I prefer it. The factory nylon boot always seemed a little cheesey looking, so I ordered a vinyl boot with white stiching that looks amazingly like leather. It's textured and perfectly matches the interior. I treated it with a bit of conditioner to give it a slight sheen. I like the look of this boot much, much more than the original.
I am one of those that doesn't use the boot much, but that looks pretty nice!
Old 4/29/15, 01:49 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
You can get that boot in red with white stitching, or black with red stitching.....might look pretty good with your 401A Brick/Cashmere interior (which by the way I hate you for).....just saying.
Old 4/29/15, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
****, I'd use the boot all the time if I had a vert!
Old 4/29/15, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

You can get that boot in red with white stitching, or black with red stitching.....might look pretty good with your 401A Brick/Cashmere interior (which by the way I hate you for).....just saying.
LOL! Just had to order it! Sure, I had to wait, but I got what I wanted!

And I may look into something like that down the road, but we just bought a house, so all the mod money is going to that for a while...

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
****, I'd use the boot all the time if I had a vert!
It's more of a pain really. If I am going for a long trip with the top down (or a car show, which I rarely do), I put it on, but other than that, it's just a hassle to get it on... Especially here in Colorado where it can be sunny at noon and pouring at 2...
Old 4/29/15, 02:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

That looks good Tom. how hard is it to install/remove in a hurry?
one of the reasons i don't use one is we have every kind of weather in one day over here. Rain for 5 mins then sunshine. repeatedly. That's why it's so green in BC lol
Old 4/29/15, 05:42 PM
GT Member

Took pics at a local golf course nearby

So I was angling around taking pics in the street watching out for cars passing by. I also crouched down to take a pic of the wheel well when two fellows in a Camaro roll by. They asked "Are you okay?" I said yes, thank you. Its good to know the muscle car folks are helpful no matter what you own.

I am going to work on a pic gallery but I'll say it again, dang those black cars are hard to photograph

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 4/29/15 at 05:54 PM.
Old 4/29/15, 06:47 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
That looks good Tom. how hard is it to install/remove in a hurry?
one of the reasons i don't use one is we have every kind of weather in one day over here. Rain for 5 mins then sunshine. repeatedly. That's why it's so green in BC lol
It's no different than sex... it's a little awkward at first, even frustrating, but once you do it a few times you instinctively know what to un-snap first and you'll find that taking it off is much easier and faster than putting it back on.

Seriously, there are six attachment points and it's easy to undo in a hurry. Of course if you're on a highway and the sky opens up when you're doing 75mph and there's no shoulder, you're kinda screwed. But it can be removed in about 10 seconds once you get the hang of it...just toss it on the back seat and get the top up. In fact, you'll get more wet waiting for the top to go up than you will removing the boot.

For the most part, my top is always down with the boot installed during the summer since it's garage kept. But if I'm going to drive top up, I just make it part of my prep ritual and allow extra time if needed.
Old 4/29/15, 10:59 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
It's no different than sex... it's a little awkward at first, even frustrating, but once you do it a few times.
What is this 'sex' thing you're talking about? :-)
Old 4/30/15, 06:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So I was angling around taking pics in the street watching out for cars passing by. I also crouched down to take a pic of the wheel well when two fellows in a Camaro roll by. They asked "Are you okay?" I said yes, thank you. Its good to know the muscle car folks are helpful no matter what you own.

I am going to work on a pic gallery but I'll say it again, dang those black cars are hard to photograph
hahaha more like "You're taking pictures of a MUSTANG??? Are you OK???"
Old 4/30/15, 06:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Of course if you're on a highway and the sky opens up when you're doing 75mph and there's no shoulder, you're kinda screwed.
can you even put the top up going 75mph? lol
Old 4/30/15, 09:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I don't think it was assistance they were offering. It was more likely insult, as they were implying you were broken down or something similar.
Old 4/30/15, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
she had a bath, and looking shiny... sorry no pics...
Old 4/30/15, 07:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
i told her she has new footwear on the way

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?