Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/14, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gymfreak
My car arrived this saturday!! came in 5 days before the ETA!! Never expected that to happen!!! But no complaints!! everything i ordered is in there!

Deysha,

Thanks for providing awesome updates, it made the wait much easier!!
Gymfreak, congrats! Post up some pics.
Old 2/27/14, 07:03 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by megtom2
Saw our window sticker today. Looks like our mustang will be built Friday. WooHoo!
Woo hoo! It’s moving right along, megtom2.

Originally Posted by R33F
Hey Flat Rock Hey Flat Rock Hey Flat Rock Send me my Mustang please Send it Send it Please Please..... please..... <sigh>
It should get loaded on a rail car soon, R33F.

Originally Posted by BigRigger
I know the feeling JC. I ordered mine on 12/10/13 and was told by the dealer to expect delivery in about 8 weeks. I'm now in week 11 and don't expect to take delivery until the week of 3/9/14. I wish I knew all the reasons why it's going to end up over 3 months. Thankfully, Deysha has been here for me these last few weeks to help tract it's progress. Also, to act as my psychiatrist and keep me stable. Best of luck with your new baby.
You’re very welcome, BigRigger! Also, orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by puma1552
Thing I worry about having the cars sit out in the lot outside the factory for X weeks is if it snows then some guy is probably going to drag a snowbrush/broom across the whole car scratching it before you can even intercept it from the dealer prep guys before they even get a chance to do it ...
PM me for an update, puma1552.

Originally Posted by gymfreak
My car arrived this saturday!! came in 5 days before the ETA!! Never expected that to happen!!! But no complaints!! everything i ordered is in there!

Deysha,

Thanks for providing awesome updates, it made the wait much easier!!
Congrats and you’re very welcome, gymfreak! Where are the pictures?

Deysha
Old 2/27/14, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Gymfreak, congrats! Post up some pics.
Congratulations, and I agree post up some pictures when you get a chance.
Old 2/27/14, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

New ETA - 9 March! Getting closer! Thanks Deysha!
Old 2/27/14, 11:23 AM
V6 Member

Congrats on the impending delivery, hang in there on the wait time. I got lucky and found a 14 GT at my Ford dealership 5 minutes from my house and it was on their lot and it was just what I wanted. Black on black, FP8 package, SYNC, Recaros and backup/security package. Would have wanted to add a different exhaust but can to that now anyway. Congrats to all that have one on the way.
Old 2/27/14, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got a VIN today, pretty quick since I just ordered it on the 19th.
Old 2/27/14, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

Awesome! Werent you considering changing something on your order? If so, did you get it in on time?
Old 2/27/14, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice, Ford hasnt even pulled my order yet and I placed mine on the 20th
As long as it comes before my $750 expires I'll be happy, I wont drive it in all this salt anyways!
Old 2/27/14, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I have ordere a couple brocerures and I still havent ever got that $750 coupon?
Old 2/27/14, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome! Werent you considering changing something on your order? If so, did you get it in on time?
I was, literally the day I got my DORA I was considering a last minute add on of the RR sensing system, which I've previously NEVER considered. I asked the dealer if it could be added and he said he would ask his rep (she was there when I called) but she wasn't sure so I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer once he hears from her.

I don't mind either way, if it gets on, cool, if not, no big deal at all since it was a last minute change and I was super on-the-fence on it anyway. I'll be equally happy with (nice to have) or without it (ugly, something electronic to break later).

I'm assuming at this point it won't get added though since I've got a VIN now. No worries
Old 2/27/14, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I was, literally the day I got my DORA I was considering a last minute add on of the RR sensing system, which I've previously NEVER considered. I asked the dealer if it could be added and he said he would ask his rep (she was there when I called) but she wasn't sure so I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer once he hears from her.

I don't mind either way, if it gets on, cool, if not, no big deal at all since it was a last minute change and I was super on-the-fence on it anyway. I'll be equally happy with (nice to have) or without it (ugly, something electronic to break later).

I'm assuming at this point it won't get added though since I've got a VIN now. No worries
Wow you got a VIN for it already too! They are building yours fast as hell lol. You will have it in no time flat! Post up pics when you get it!
Old 2/27/14, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Wow you got a VIN for it already too! They are building yours fast as hell lol. You will have it in no time flat! Post up pics when you get it!
Yea I was surprised, though I am a priority 10 with a retail order and the dealer is a big one. I'll have a build date set by late next week!
Old 2/28/14, 06:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You’re very welcome!

Woo hoo!

Nice, Ford hasnt even pulled my order yet and I placed mine on the 20th
As long as it comes before my $750 expires I'll be happy, I wont drive it in all this salt anyways!
It’ll schedule soon, Slizzime.

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I have ordere a couple brocerures and I still havent ever got that $750 coupon?
Brochures sent out with a $750 offer are based on select marketing criteria, ElkGroveFordGuy. Not every brochure will have one. Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change.

Also, your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system.

Deysha
Old 2/28/14, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Yea I was surprised, though I am a priority 10 with a retail order and the dealer is a big one. I'll have a build date set by late next week!
That's great! I can't wait to see your pictures when you get it since it was my second color choice.....and a very close second!
Old 3/1/14, 05:15 AM

Can you pick up your car at the factory?

My just ordered a Mustang convertible and we're both wondering if we can take delivery at the factory and if they offer tours to go along with it.

Also, I just found this forum and haven't had a chance to read throught he 136 pages and was wondering, how do you know what the VIN of your build is before it's built?

Thanks!
Marc
Old 3/1/14, 06:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FusionEnergi
My just ordered a Mustang convertible and we're both wondering if we can take delivery at the factory and if they offer tours to go along with it.

Also, I just found this forum and haven't had a chance to read throught he 136 pages and was wondering, how do you know what the VIN of your build is before it's built?

Thanks!
Marc
Congrats on your order. I had the same idea when I ordered mine. The short answer is no you can not pick it up at the factory and no the factory does not offer tours ever. There is a short online video of the factory though (someone will post the link).

If you contact our Ford Rep Deysha thru this forum she will send you a welcome replyl, keep you informed of your order as it progresses and eventually send you your VIN number and build date etc. The VIN is assigned once the build (blend) date is established, usually several weeks before the actual build. You can then look at your actual window sticker on-line. Deysha is you Ford point of contact right here on this forum.

Waiting is the worse part!! Congrats.
Old 3/1/14, 06:50 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Hi everyone. Haven't had any time to get back since we received our car. I want to thank Deysha for her hard work in keeping us off the ledge of going crazy. For the guys still waiting. Hang on... Its is definitely worth the wait.
Here are some pics I was able to take before winter came, and since the car is my wifes, she hardly had it at rest so I could take some pics... Funny how she wanted to drive it to the end of the driveway to pic up the mail...

Name:  DSC_0328_zpsa0da789a.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  97.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0324_zpsb13f57fc.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  79.0 KB
Old 3/1/14, 06:52 AM
LCC
V6 Member

And both being stored.. I had to put in a hoist. Don't have a shop yet Some day.... soon..

Name:  Hoist5_zps4730c60a.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  106.2 KB
Name:  Hoist4_zpsb3d17d61.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  80.9 KB
Old 3/1/14, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LCC
And both being stored.. I had to put in a hoist. Don't have a shop yet Some day.... soon..

Both cars look good! I also like the lift storage system. How do you like your Bendpak lift? I was looking to get one as soon as I get garage built.
Old 3/1/14, 02:37 PM
LCC
V6 Member

Both cars look good! I also like the lift storage system. How do you like your Bendpak lift? I was looking to get one as soon as I get garage built.
Love it. Good quality and the people I dealt with were awesome. After I put mine up, my friends bought three more for their garages.. Two GM guys and one Ford guy..

Name:  0dd887dd-0611-4372-970e-192792c8818c_zps197d2e05.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  61.2 KB

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread